Official August Mummies Club!!

Aww Cleckner I LOVE IT!!!! All so pink and lovely and you have so many clothes which means I can feel better about buying more :blush: Can I ask what you have on your changing table?? I only have nappies, wipes, bags and that's it. What have I missed????

well, i have tons of pics up on my facebook
if anybody wants to add me then look at the "Baby!!!!!!!!" album, they can
i'm Samantha Musselman on there, and the pic should be the same as my avatar so you can tell me apart from the others

Ok, here we have :blush: My teddy (soon to be Vincent's teddy!) Jasper, wearing one of the body suits bought by my mum :)
The newborn set that I got on La Redoute Online before we knew we were having a boy (hence the neutral colours :D )
Some super cute socks that I saw in Tesco, of all places, and just fell in love with! (The lion, in particular!)
The Shawl, cushion and shoes bought by MIL (Not sure whether I think they're cute or ugly :rofl: What do you guys think??)
And the rest of the body suits from my mum :D

Attachments

• 100_1533.JPG
    100_1533.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1534.JPG
    100_1534.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1535.JPG
    100_1535.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1536.jpg
    100_1536.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1537.JPG
    100_1537.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
and since then i got a baby looney tunes bed set and a two pack of sheets, one green, one green and white stripes (bought this before the gender was known)

so that would be your step-daughter then, Shadow
i always wondered who she was
so that's Finlay, right?

oh, and i have myself moved over to third tri now lol
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/120747-moving-over-here.html#post1905198
my doctor says i'm less than a week away

Hmmm the image attachment thingy is playing up, maybe we're tiring it out! LOL

But here's the car seat / top of my "stroller" (hehe) the main part of it is shut away in the cupboard and I can't be bothered to dig it all out just now so you'll have to make do with this hehe! And also here is our cotbed with a bunch of baby stuff on it hehe... I have more photos if this upload thingy will work!

xx

AWWWW hon I love it, that's what I would buy if I could..... and the greeen jumper finally we get to see it. It's amazing hon so fantastic and very clever. I can't knit for toffee!!!! :yipee: for marvelous things we can buy.

Thanks Pippin!! I love pink stuff. My poor DH.

Anyways, I have diapers/wipes/ointments on the middle shelf in the brown baskets. And on the bottom shelf, one canvas basket has feeding stuff(Burp cloths, nursing pads, breast pump, etc.) Another basket has bathing items(washcloths, baby towel, body wash, etc. ) And the third basket has disposible changing pads and more wipes.

Awww Cleck, that stuff is SO cute!!! I just LOVE pink and brown, they go so nicely together, your nursery is gonna be sooooo sweet :D

And I agree with Pip: you have soooo many clothes!!! I definitely need to catch up soon, OH looked at that pic and he said the same thing "we need to catch up!" so that's my sign to let rip and buy loads of lovely stuff :rofl:

Thanks Pippin!! I love pink stuff. My poor DH.

Anyways, I have diapers/wipes/ointments on the middle shelf in the brown baskets. And on the bottom shelf, one canvas basket has feeding stuff(Burp cloths, nursing pads, breast pump, etc.) Another basket has bathing items(washcloths, baby towel, body wash, etc. ) And the third basket has disposible changing pads and more wipes.

Ahh cool I have them on my list to get so that's okay. I thought I was missing some of the yucky stuff!!!! hehehehe My friend gave me a breast bump. How should I serialize it do you think??? In the baby serializer?

Aww Cleckner I LOVE IT!!!! All so pink and lovely and you have so many clothes which means I can feel better about buying more :blush: Can I ask what you have on your changing table?? I only have nappies, wipes, bags and that's it. What have I missed????

you can put baby lotion there too, and diaper rash lotion :)

so that's Finlay, right?

:D Yep! That's Finlay. she is a very special girl to me, but we've not seen her in nearly 3 years :cry: Her mum is a total basket case, and we have had an absolute nightmare trying to sort things out for her, but it looks like this year the law is finally helping us out and we should get some defined contact through the courts to see her again. It breaks my heart that she hasnt seen her dad in so long, she loves him SO much, and he misses her like crazy :( If only her mum wasnt such a crazy bitch

*breathes* I shouldn't get into that stuff, though, cos it REALLY sets me off!!!

Shadow we can both go shopping and I love what you have already. I'm going to wait until we know the gender to get anymore. xxx

Thanks for the info Ducky77

Hey Ducky! :D I see you got your blinkie working hon, so I didn't bother PMing you about it :D

Ugh, OH is compalining about his empty belly (LOL he is a big baby himself, it's all good practice for when Vince comes!!)

so that's Finlay, right?

:D Yep! That's Finlay. she is a very special girl to me, but we've not seen her in nearly 3 years :cry: Her mum is a total basket case, and we have had an absolute nightmare trying to sort things out for her, but it looks like this year the law is finally helping us out and we should get some defined contact through the courts to see her again. It breaks my heart that she hasnt seen her dad in so long, she loves him SO much, and he misses her like crazy :( If only her mum wasnt such a crazy bitch

*breathes* I shouldn't get into that stuff, though, cos it REALLY sets me off!!!

Aww Shadow sorry to hear that, I always wondered, it's a bummer isn't it when you have situations like that. Hope it gets sorted soon and the law plays ball. x

Goodness, you ladies have been chatty today :D

Shadow, you summed up my own views perfectly, it's like you went into my brain and wrote it all out...

Smoking...

UGH. I TOTALLY agree with all of you: It is DISGUSTING> I don't really want Vince (or any of my kids, ever) to ever have to smell a cigarette! But my mum smokes :cry: which is the ONLY thing I would change about my mum if I could. I am just gutted that when she holds my baby she will undoubtedly stink of smoke, her hair and her clothes and everything :(
But then there's nothing I can do about that, she has promised never to smoke around Vince, and she has stopped smoking around me since I got preggers, so I know she means well and will do it. It's just, that smell ... *pukes* gross...
When I grew up, she used to smoke in the CAR when me and my little brother weree in it, and we'd be forced to breathe in that yucky death-stink with no escape :( My mum is a LOVELY lady, really, and in all other ways she is just the sweetest person, mother and grandmother I could imagine. It's just that one nasty habit, which she will never give up now (she is 61: I think it's far too late now)

My mum is 60 and I wish and wish she didn't smoke. Not that she smokes MUCH now, and never in the house (hers or anyone else's) but the smell clings and *shakes head*. It is also the one thing I'd change about her, she is awesome in all other ways. She did quit smoking some years ago, for a few years - she is a nurse, retired now, but at the time the unit she worked on switched to 12 hour shifts and banned smoking in the grounds at the same time, and she couldn't face it, so she had hypnotherapy and it worked! Sadly when she was stressed (which may or may not have something to do with me *looks shifty* ) she started again.

I have never smoked, not once, because of being exposed to her smoking when I was a child. In the car especially. I used to cry and cry and she still would carry on. :( Horrible.

I know she would never smoke around my child, she knows my views; I just wish for her health's sake she's give up.

Pippin, I'm envious! I went to Mothercare today, the one in Kew, and I was disappointed. It is a lot smaller than the Croydon branch I visited a month ago, and they don't have such a big selection. I didn't think much of the clothes, so didn't get anything, and that was what I needed! I wasn't really up for buying a load of other stuff, but I had wanted to show OH the things I'd picked out, but, the bath thing in particular I wanted wasn't there!

BUT, the pushchair was! We're getting a Bugaboo Bee and the nice man in the shop let us do a test drive. It's great, exactly what we need, and OH likes it too, which is a bonus (even though I'd made up my mind!); I really wanted him to be enthusiastic about it and it's hard to convey all its good points without seeing it (and I'm never 100% sure he's fully listening to me anyway). The man also folded it for us and did a pretty good demo. We're not buying from there though because I hope we can get a deal from an online shop if we buy some of the accessories and the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat that fits on the chassis all together.

We also went to visit the new baby, OH's nephew - very very sweet. I don't remember ever holding such a little newborn - he is 4 days old! (I haven't had much contact with babies, other than my nephew and niece and because they live in Norway they were both over a month old when I first met them.)

Can't remember who was asking about the pram/pushchair thing (sorry!) but I think in America they used to (may still?) call a pram a baby carriage. To me a buggy is quite lightweight and used for toddlers/pre-schoolers and a pushchair is more robust. I'd call the Bugaboo Bee a pushchair, but the seat lies almost flat for newborns. We don't have room for a pram or a pramette or even a pushchair with a carrycot to attach (like the Bugaboo Chameleon or the Bebe Confort Loola) because they seem to have such big wheels or a wide chassis or they're too heavy. Or I was put off because they were not parent facing in the pushchair mode.

I don't have pics of my things, but I might snag some pics of the things I want and post them... :)

Goodness it's getting hard to keep up in here! Okay.

Mom-on-8/2009 my name is Samantha too!!

Pippin I would say a baby sterilizer would work. I only have a small manual pump because I plan on only using a pump every so often so DH can experience feeding the LO too. But I have heard that if you get a used pump you should buy all new seals and tubing if that is the kind of pump you have. I'm sure you could ask in the breastfeeding section on here though because I am definately not an expert!

Shadow I LOVE the little green sweater you knitted. I'm glad to finally see it in a picture! And you look like you have lots of clothes as well! I look like I have alot of clothes but they are pretty much all onesies. I don't have pants to go with them! LoL!

Just before I go and cook, here are a couple more pics: The CUTE little set of clothes I bought the other day and THE GREEN HOODIE! Hehehe thanks for your kind words about that, Pippin! I'm quite proud of it :D There are no buttons on it just yet, but I will be putting some chunky handmade wooden buttons on it that look so cute with the green moss stitch!

Attachments

• 100_1538.JPG
    100_1538.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1539.JPG
    100_1539.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1541.JPG
    100_1541.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 4
Shadow.........I love your blue color wall :dance::yipee::dance:
And your crib,baby cloths..........actually everything :blush:

Pips your paintings are fantastic...:happydance:

Cleckner I likes your pink stuff......so cool...\\:D/

I don't have anything to show :cry:
I have to hurry now :dohh: specially after looking at your beautiful stuff :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->