Official August Mummies Club!!

For goodness sake - I've been away since 4pm and there have been another 7 pages!! I always thought I talked more than anybody else I knew, but you girls put me to shame!! LOL!!

Anyway just back from the P!nk concert - AWESOME!!! But now I'm tired and off to bed.

Have a good night everyone!!!

pip those pictures are gorgeous

mom-on-8/2008 3rd tri dnt start untill 26wks

kaygeebee good luck for ur scan

w4b congrats and wellcome to team blue yay!

wow was last on here at 5pm and ihave just had to read back 10pages or so all the baby things are so gorg.
oh seid last night that we will have to start buying every thing soon so cnt wait yay.

congrats waiting4baby...........:yipee:Blue Bump:yipee:

Pips.........what time is your scan ??

a human pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks, dated as it is conventionally from the first day of your last menstrual period.

a trimester is three equal periods.

40 weeks = 280 days. Divided by 3, that makes 93.333 days per trimester, or 13.333 weeks.

Therefore, trimester 2 starts at 13.333 weeks and trimester 3 at 26.666 weeks, or as near to 27 weeks as makes no real difference. This is the calculation the ladies here have used in determining the dates in the forum descriptions.

24 weeks is the point in pregnancy after which babies who are born have a chance of survival; babies who die in utero after this point are termed stillbirths and have to be legally registered as being born and dying, previous to this date it's termed a miscarriage. A few years ago this was 28 weeks.
:)

w4b - congratulations on your blue bump! :D welcome to the team...!

Mary Jo - I just realised that your LO is due on my hubby's birthday! Ok so that was useless information from me, but anyway LOL .... :)

I'm sorry to hog the thread today ... LOL ... I had the midwife this morning and got my MATB1 form, so I guess it's official! Next week when I go back to work I'll be able to send away my maternity leave form. Yippee!!!

Also she checked my BP and it's "high normal" but still normal. I have the ante-natal BP clinic on Friday as well - they are keeping an eye on me just to make sure it doesn't need to be treated (high BP runs throughout my family and I've had slightly high BP for a couple of years).

I got to hear the heartbeat again :cloud9: I deliberately didn't buy a doppler so every time I hear it at the MW it just makes me so happy :happydance:

Anyway now I've got midwife in 2 weeks and 2 weeks after that .. by then I'll be 27 weeks - OMG!! Third trimester is coming round fast ladies ... and on Sunday our little baby will be viable!!! :baby: I can barely believe it, I remember when I first joined BnB and saw the ladies who were 20-odd weeks along, talking about being viable, or going to 3rd tri etc .. and it's nearly me!

Guess we're going to have to start shopping soon, eh? Oh well, if my arm is being twisted ... LOL .... :muaha:

yay for the MATB1, Ava! :D I hope to get mine next Monday when I see the midwife... one week to viability for me, 4 to 3rd tri... I can hardly believe it, it has gone very fast, the last few weeks, well, from when I started to get bigger and feel movement anyway.

I still havent't told my bosses at work yet, I was holding off till week 25 because of working freelance. I am booked for work through to the end of May, but I've been scared they'd drop me, and while my fears seem a little unreasonable now, they were not at all a few weeks ago because there's been redundancies and someone (OK, an obnoxious someone!) was dropped as a freelance altogether. Thing is they need to give me notice now and even if they could reasonably get shut of me before week 25, I have 2 days holiday to take and I only need to work one day in a week for it to qualify as a week that I've workex, and holiday counts. :)

so I could tell them next week when I get the form. It'll be a week early but I really am finding it very hard to hide my bump now. Some colleagues know and the rest - I don't know if they've noticed. I wear a big grey fleece sweatshirt that really does hide me quite well. I think so anyway, maybe they'll tell me otherwise when they know!

it will be nice to be able to wear nice clothes again though.

LOL it's so wonderful to see so many of you awesome ladies in here again :D
We really should do a big old chat again: Me and Cleckner and Mary Jo had SUCH a fun chat last night, I haven't laughed so much in suuuuch a long time LOL thanks girls :hugs:

Ava, you are MORE than welcome to "hog the thread" honey!! Hehehe I know just what you mean about it suddenly all becoming real, and how third trimester feels so close now! I am viable on Thursday, I can't believe how quickly it seems to have come!!

Welcome to the group CMB, and congrats on your :pink: pink bump!!! :pink:

W4B, glad you got to see enough at your scan, congrats and welcome to :blue: team blue!! :blue:

Jelr honey, your pram/4-in-1 and your chosen nursery set are GORGEOUS. Seriously, I am going green with pram-envy here!!! LOL I don't think it's too purple at all for if it's a boy: I really love the spotty bits too, so vibrant and really awesome looking! I don't think you paid too much now lol, look at all the stuff it turns into!! Amazing hehehe

As for me, ladies... We went shopping earlier and I'm SO pleased with our purchases, but I will be avoiding in-person shopping as much as humanly possible now! It was nothing in particular that made it so damned awkward and not as much fun as I'd hoped, but I'd just much rather cut out the whole stress and difficulty factor and pay a couple of quid for postage. It probably cost us that in petrol to drive to Exeter to the good shops anyway!! So here's what we bought...

Steriliser + a couple of bottles + cleaner and stuff (and 2 free dummies / pacifiers, but I hope we wont end up using them cos I want to avoid them as much as possible if I can!)
More cuuuute clothes, two little body suits saying "Mummy's little hero" and "Daddy's little hero" on them :D and a pack of three gorgeous little bright green and colourful tee shirts.
A bunch of bedding stuff... We looked and looked at the matching sets, but none of them looked like they'd be quite right in the nursery as we have done it so far (with the blue walls etc.) so in the end we went for some plain blue and yellow stuff which I may embellish with little colourful stars sewn on for added cuteness, and to bring the whole space theme into the bedding a bit.
We also got two packs of natural newborn nappies: the nice biodegradable ones. We were gonna go for the smart nappies, but we think we will see how these ones go first and make our choice from there. When he is born we may well give the smart nappies or terry nappies a go, but in all honesty, the price is not that much different so it's not worth it in terms of saving money as such, and as for the eco-friendly side of things, well, these nappies are degradable as I said, and the reusable ones would just end up making 10 times more washing for us to do, which would use a bunch of electricity....

*phew!* so all in all, we are very happy with our purchases today. But now I'm off upstairs to look at it all, and put the bedding on the cot and stuff!!! :wohoo: :dance:

Hehehe chat to you all later, I'm sure! :hug:

Shadow xxx

Wow I've been away over Easter and so much has gone on on this thread!
Seems there has been a shopping frenzy!

My sister gave me her crib and a vibrating baby chair yesterday - which has made it all sink in that we are actually having a baby!!. LOL!

I need to arrange to get my MatB1 form at some point too - do you have to submit it at wk 26 or before wk26?

MaryJo i'm impressed that you haven't told work yet you must have a very neat bump. I told my work colleagues 2 wks ago and there is no way of disguising it now and i'm a few wks behind you. Good luck with your job too.

If anyone gets on, we are in the pregnancy section on the chat if you want to have a chat!!

yay, Cleck and Shadow, I'll be popping in in a little bit, just got to get the lasagne in the oven!

I went to a little tiny Mothercare today, my local one and after yesterday's experience of not seeing a) the bath I wanted and b) a hooded top in the bigger Kew branch, I found a) the bath I wanted and b) a hooded top. GO FIGURE. *rolls eyes*

So I bought the top but not the bath because I was on my own and had to pick up some other shopping and get the bus home. But! It's there! :D

Am very much in awe and envy of you ladies who have bought things. I can't choose... like, I want to use washable nappies but can't decide which; don't know what bottles I need (would like to bf but for various reasons I think I will not be able to exclusively bf so therefore will need bottles, steriliser, etc); will be using dummies (because of the connection between using them and reduced risk of cot death) but which? Orthodontic I guess but which brand? I look at all this stuff and I feel panic stricken! It's been all I can do to choose a cot and a pushchair!

and tillymum... heh, I guess my bump is pretty cute and neat, but it's most definitely there and noticable. I've had some questions... but the thing about work is my bosses are busy and don't pay much attention to things like this, plus I don't sit near them so if they see me I'm usually sitting behind my desk. I do avoid going over to speak to them if I cannot stand behind a desk divider or something :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->