Official August Mummies Club!!

Don't they say that only like 30% of babies are ever actually born on their due dates? I wonder how many of us won't be august mummies after all?! :hissy:
I don't know, but my mom told me, back when I first found out and got the EDD based on my last period, that my baby would probably be born early, on the 22nd to be exact. :rofl: She thinks that there's some weird type of curse or something on the family, I guess. Everyone has their kids on their siblings' birthdays, supposedly. My sister's and aunt's birthday is the 22nd.

The 31st isn't anyone's birthday, but the 30th is my dad's. Interestingly, though not exactly related, my grandmother (dad's mom) died on the 22nd of August and her funeral was on the 30th! What the heck. Lots of coincidences... so, really, I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln were to be born on the 22nd or the 30th.

I don't know if the Chinese thing was right for me or not, I can't remember the result I got. I'll have to redo it later. Gotta go now to another ultrasound! (This time medical, not 4D.)

Sorry for the double post folks - it was when BnB was acting up earlier.

Here's what I found on schools (in my area):

All children who will be five, up to and including the last day of February 2010, may be admitted in August 2009. All children who will reach the age of five on or before Tuesday 18 August 2009 should begin to attend primary school in August 2009. Children who reach the age of five after 18 August 2009 but before 28 February 2010 may also be registered for primary school in August 2009. Parents of these children who will reach five years old from August to the end of December 2009, can request a deferred entry to commence Primary 1 in August 2010. Parents of children who reach the age of 5 years in January and February 2010 have a right to defer their child’s entry to Primary1 in August 2010. All Parents requesting a deferred entry must discuss this with their current Pre-School Centre and their possible Primary School.

All children who will be five, up to and including the last day of February 2010, may be admitted in August 2009. All children who will reach the age of five on or before Tuesday 18 August 2009 should begin to attend primary school in August 2009. Children who reach the age of five after 18 August 2009 but before 28 February 2010 may also be registered for primary school in August 2009. Parents of these children who will reach five years old from August to the end of December 2009, can request a deferred entry to commence Primary 1 in August 2010. Parents of children who reach the age of 5 years in January and February 2010 have a right to defer their child’s entry to Primary1 in August 2010. All Parents requesting a deferred entry must discuss this with their current Pre-School Centre and their possible Primary School.

Ouch, my brain!!!

:rofl:

Blimey well done that is brilliant investigation! I couldn't find anything in amongst the billions of pieces of info on the direct gov website. It's good news because we can still defer for a year if our children are the age of 4 in September for 2009 and 2010. At least I think that's what I understand from this :rofl: I just hope it doesn't change for the academic year 2010-2011 onwards which is what I think I read in the TES. Blimey my head hurts too now I'll stop. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks hon :hugs:

Our puppy died today. :cry: Just between my last post and now. We noticed him acting weird last night, wasn't eating, wouldn't get up to say hi, nothing.... It happened so fast, I really have no idea why he died!

We have two other dogs, one male and one female. This puppy, named simply "Puppy" was one of the litter that the female had (though the male is not the daddy). All of them but him were given away, but he kind of got stuck with us. I didn't think I was all that attached, but I have been crying quite a bit. Husband's going to go and bury him now. He was only born in October, I think. Gosh... what HAPPENED? :cry:

Scotland's rules are different to England though, aren't they Pip and Ava?

So sorry about your puppy, w4b, that's awful. :(

Thank you for the kind words. I don't mean to be a downer, I just had to say something, somewhere, to someone. Things like that (about my puppy) I can't say aloud. I have something called selective mutism and I physically can't talk about things that upset me sometimes.

Anyway, I posted a thread asking about my baby's weight at 20 weeks. The ultrasound tech said that he's 14 or 14 1/2 ounces (I can't remember which one she said, but I know it was one of them), but websites and the 4d ultrasound tech said/say that he should be about 9 ounces. Wondering over here if there's something wrong with his weight being higher or if it indicates a problem. Maybe I'm overeating and over feeding him?? I don't want to make my baby unhealthy. :cry:

chinese prediction chart seid girl for me but having boy unless they got it wrong

my son birthday is 2nd august and so started schoold when he was 4 and 1 month and u could really tell from the kids that are the old's but he was really shy and would go from my side befor we put him in playschool at 2 1/2 i thort it was to young but he really come on and now he has been in school almost a yr u cant tell that he is still 4 and all the outhers are 5 i think there is only 3 outher kids in hes class that are august kids.

W4B - so sorry to hear about your puppy .... I suppose with pups they can pick up a lot of stuff .. is there any chance he's eaten something (like a stone)? Someone we know had a westie and it died in similar circumstances, they rushed it to the vet but it died pretty quickly nevertheless :( Hugs to you :hugs:

And MJ you're right, it's different here ... I don't know the intricacies of it all but I got that from the guidance for parents off the local authority website where I live. I think though for our LO, we'll still be OK for age 5 because it'll be born in August (or the end of July at the earliest), which will make it 5 when term starts. Like you all, I'm in no desperate rush for it to start school, let it enjoy being a young first :baby:

Our puppy died today. :cry: Just between my last post and now. We noticed him acting weird last night, wasn't eating, wouldn't get up to say hi, nothing.... It happened so fast, I really have no idea why he died!

We have two other dogs, one male and one female. This puppy, named simply "Puppy" was one of the litter that the female had (though the male is not the daddy). All of them but him were given away, but he kind of got stuck with us. I didn't think I was all that attached, but I have been crying quite a bit. Husband's going to go and bury him now. He was only born in October, I think. Gosh... what HAPPENED? :cry:

Aawwwwwww I'm so sorry W4B :cry: That must be really sad for you :( The poor little mite eh? Maybe just not destined for this world my dear :(

:hug: :hugs:

Shadow xxxx

Morning all

Well I had an appointment at the BP/Antenatal clinic this morning, and my BP was up so I'm now wearing a 24 hour monitor LOL. I had to take my eternity ring off because every time it goes off my hand blows up like a balloon! Preparing for a sleepless night tonight .... :hissy:

Awww ava, I've worn one of those 24 hour monitors before (but for my heart, not for BP) It's so funny doing normal stuff with one of those on hehehe
My problem is the opposite: My BP is too low! Eeeeek, that means dizziness and tunnel vision and stuff, but it's all good fun I guess LOL

Hope it turns out to be ok :)

And Good Morning all!

xx

Oooooh I only have 11 days to go before I reach double figures!!!! How exciting....

Thanks Shadow, it's OK so far, first two readings were a little high but the ones taken since I've been sitting resting have both been normal. That's really the problem, it's a little erratic. The printout should make interesting reading I guess!!

Well....now I've finished reading about 300 posts....hello all!

W4B sorry to hear about your puppy. baby centre website says the baby should weigh about 12 oz, so think your 14 is not far off (there will be a range of normal, as everyone can't be average)

I've also heard these weight estimates are not particularly accurate anyway.

BTW re number of babies born on actual EDD - i think it's ony 5%!! It's normal to be born anywhere from 37-42 weeks, so we could be July or Sept mummies too!

Maternity clothes - hmmm...whats driving me nuts about maternity trousers (apart from what you've all said already about limited availability) is that you can only get jeans or black trousers. What about other colours?? A nice navy pair or something!!)

Re movements - yey!! I started feeling them eventually around 19 weeks. it feels so wierd but so lovely. They are still quite subtle and not as often as you guys get them, but defo there. I also get a wierd internal feeling, as if someone (cheeky LO) is punching/kicking my bladder. So that it feels like there is pressure on my bladder/I need a wee, but for one sec only and then it goes. I look forward to stronger more regular movements soon!!

Hi everyone :hi:
Sorry, i've been off-radar for the last few days- just took me all morning though to catch up with all the posts i've missed!
How is everyone today? You guys have got me panicked this morning with all the chat about school - i was having a baby earlier, but now i'm having a child that's going to grow up into a little school boy or girl!!! Awwwww but :shock:at the same time!!

Wow hun! I'm so sorry to hear about this. It is perfectly understandable to be upset. :hugs::hugs:

Also, on another note but didn't feel like doing a double quote. I dont' think your baby sounds big at all. Mine was 1 lb. 5 oz. at my 22 week scan. The ultrasound technician just told us that genetics are probably taking over at this point and I'll just have a big baby. Which would be about right because DH was nearly 10 pounds at birth!! My poor daisy...:rofl:

Hmmmm. Wonder if we should move to Scotland? Then we might be able to send the boy to school at 5 instead of 4 (if the cut-off date is end of July rather than end of Aug).

Oh and my morning sickness came back this morning.. :cry: I've already thrown up twice today. I think it may be nerves though because I have another scan for them to get a better look at her heart. I'm so nervous for some reason. And DH can't come with me cause he has to work. Well, I'm off for a bit. I'll be back on later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->