Official August Mummies Club!!

Hi girls hope you are all well. I went to the consultant this monring and my BP was the lowest in agggges, only 130/70, woo hoo :D She has given me some pills for my migraines and told me to get a long term sick note from my doc. Have left a message with my sugery but my GP is on leave for over a week so I have to call back later to see when one of the other docs can do it :D Also had the best news, DF was made redundant about a month ago and is having to go self emploted (no work around here!). He's been getting a few bits but not enough to see us through, but he got a tax rebate this morning so we should be OK. So relieved :D O and i'm a cancerian, and a textbook one at that :rofl:

Pippin - i'd def be interested in any more info you can find out. I think 4 is far too young for our LOs :(

avabear 73 - my brain hurts with all that info :rofl: Sorry to hear about your BP, know what thats like hun. Hope it settles down sure.

W4B - so sorry to hear about your puppy, thats really sad :hugs:

Hi Loo and coffee - I know, I had a job catching up too :D

cleckner 04 - hope it is just your nerves and that it goes soon. Good luck with your scan hun, will be thinking of you x

Shadow - thank you sooooo much for my blinkie, i love it :cloud9::hugs:

xxxxx

Good luck for the scan, Cleck!!! Sorry your sickness is back tho :( bummer...
LADIES!!! Look what I just bought online!!! Hehehehehe I can't WAIT till they come!!

https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/...9386-8419721?ie=UTF8&n=48152031&mnSBrand=core

https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/...9386-8419721?ie=UTF8&n=46394031&mnSBrand=core

https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/...9386-8419721?ie=UTF8&n=48151031&mnSBrand=core

:happydance:

xxx

eeep, Shadow, I see the first little jacket (ADORBLE!) but not the next, it reverts to the M&S front page!

now ladies, I'm wondering, in your travels through the shops have you seen any baby bedding with sheep on? I love sheeps. :D There's the Mothercare Farmyard Friends set with a yellow blanket with sheepies on, which I like, but I'm not SO fond of yellow... it's ok though... but if anyone can recall anything else, I'd appreciate it!

:D

I'll have to have a look at M&S - I had some gift cards for Christmas that I saved because I knew I'd been needing stuff later... have already spent £20 on maternity bras but have a bit left.

eeep, Shadow, I see the first little jacket (ADORBLE!) but not the next, it reverts to the M&S front page!

:hissy:

That's weird! It works for me...

I'll get the image later maybe, the sleepsuits are SOOOO cute, and the monkey all-in-one is TOTALLY cool!!! You have to see them, MJ :D

is the monkey suit the Fairtrade Pure Cotton Newborn Monkey All-In-One - if so - squeeee! :D

geez all the jabbering!!!

Pssst...Georgie...you will be proud to know that I made OH late for work this morning :rofl:!!!!!

W4B so sorry about the puppy :cry:.

Cleck gl on scan...

hmmmm...i'm so tired and having really bad jaw pain...not sure what that is about.

Sorry, I feel "random" today

First off. Shadow-the monkey outfit. CUTE! I LOVE it. With capital letters love. :rofl:

Secondly. Thanks for all the well wishes girls! I believe the sickness was just nerves because now that the appointment is over, I feel fine. I'm not used to going to things without the hubs there to support me. So I guess I got super nervous. So I talked the technician into giving me two new pictures!! :rofl::rofl: I told him since he gave me a crappy one last time, he owes me. So this is what I got. In the second one, Emma looks like an alien trying to escape!! Creepy! So you girls should feel lucky because DH hasn't even seen these yet. :muaha:

https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/cleckner04/100.jpg

https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/cleckner04/102.jpg

Oh and my morning sickness came back this morning.. :cry: I've already thrown up twice today. I think it may be nerves though because I have another scan for them to get a better look at her heart. I'm so nervous for some reason. And DH can't come with me cause he has to work. Well, I'm off for a bit. I'll be back on later!

tell me about it, mine has come with avengence lol, thought i got over that bit :( xxx

Hello ladies well just thought I'd update you on my pointless visit to my pregnancy consultant today as I have mild asthma. I got there at 9:15 seen at 10:10 (not bad for NHS :rofl:) went into the consultant and the conversation went like this:

Him: Are you okay?
Me: Yes thanks
Him: How many times do you use your inhaler?
Me: Oh about 2-3 times a week but not the brown one unless I have a cold.
Him: Hmm that's good we'd say your normal then.

And that was it!!!!! Now that was an hour well spent!!!!

He saw the look on my face so said..... "how about another scan at 34 weeks to check growth" at which point I said yes very quickly as I get to see lo again and at least something came out of the appointment. But still I'm sure there are more worthy things he could have been doing..... ho hum!

LOL Pippin, how annoying!
That's pretty much how my consultant appointments seem to go too, they ask if I'm keeping well, ask if there's any new issues, ask if my physio etc. are taking care of me well enough... When I say yes to all of that, she checks my BP, tells me it's still low but nothing to really worry about, and then sends me on my way! I was almost glad at the last one that I got a GTT out of it :rofl: a bit more attention is always good, right?! Hehehe

OMG you girls have been busy typing!

Im ill at the mo with a bad cold or virus and feeling sorry for myself slept most of today so i know i wont sleep tonight. DH is being very attentive though so im milking it a bit.... he he he!

pippin I hear your frustration! sorry to hear about your asthma and your uncaring doc!

Cleckner cute scan glad to hear it went well. I have my LOs heart recheck scan on weds next so nervous about that too.

W4B sorry to hear about your puppy.

Ava hope your Bp improves.

Viki glad to hear things are improving for you.

Shadow cute clothes, I literally turned into a soppy mum yesterday in tescos looking at the baby clothes sooo cute!

Thanks girls, it wasn't that they didn't care tillymum I just thought I wasted his time. I guess they care too much in one way, I'd moan if they didn't I guess. Just glad to have the attention like you said shadow :rofl: Still I have faith they will be there if I need them.

Hope you feel better soon tillymum. x

I know what you mean Pippin, like I had to get my BP checked in between hospital appointments and the GP practice insisted I saw the midwife, I did ask if the nurse would do, but no ... I felt really bad taking up a midwife's time when the nurse is perfectly capable of taking my BP. Especially when midwife appointments are so scarce.

But it's true, if they didn't make a fuss of us, we'd be complaining LOL, they can't win eh? Guess I finally understand how hubby feels because he can't win most of the time either LOL.

:D Shadow, I need to have another look at that monkey suit (shouldn't really be on M&S's website looking at baby clothes while at work, it might be a bit of a giveaway - although I did have to go and ask my boss something today and I noticed his eyes look at my belly, whoops... oh well, telling him next Thursday, when I'll have the MATB1!!).

Babies do like monkeys though, apparently because they are quite human in shape - I bought my first godson, who is now 10, a stuffed monkey when he was born and he LOVED it, it was the one stuffed toy he had that he slept with every night and really looked well worn. (He called it Brown Bear, go figure :rofl: ) My mum has bought a monkey for Adam Elliott, haven't seen it yet - apparently she's bought quite a lot of stuff, every time I talk to her on the phone she says, sounding guilty, she's been at the shops again... :D

Cleck, baby looks great! So glad you're feeling better. My last bout of sickness was when I was feeling very very nervous one day, the day before I first heard baby's HB at the EPAU (doc sent me with anxiety). Nerves can really get to you!

Thanks MJ!

Okay girls. I'm looking into buying my crib/mattress. I already know what I want but my only question is...Is it necessary to get a mattress pad to put on the mattress before putting a sheet on? What are you girls doing? I really have NO clue what I'm doing! :rofl:

I put together cute images of the stuff I bought for you all to coo over hehehe! Not sure why the links weren't working... Hmmm.

I just love the little monsters on the sleepsuits!!

:dance:

Attachments

• Jacket.jpg
    Jacket.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 4
  • MonkeySuit.jpg
    MonkeySuit.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Sleepsuits.jpg
    Sleepsuits.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread