Official August Mummies Club!!

Ahhhh.... so cute! The only stuff we've bought for AE so far has been from Sainsbury's - not sure if they have it online... I'll have a look. If not, I'll take some pics asap. :D

Hey girls well I had replies to all of you in my head but now there were so many pages I have forgottten who wrote what he he the joys of baby brain.

Well instead I'm just gonna write my view on the things ye were talkin about instead of to people individually.

I know a few of ye are sick and have had hassle with blood pressure and things so I hope your all feeling better soon including you W4B so sorry about the puppy so am gonna send :hug: to you all.

Lovin the scan pics they are all so adorable and the clothes, I feel kinda jelous now cause we can only buy neutrals seeing as we are on team yellow.

As for the pets we have one cat that has been with us for our whole relationship so 8 years and he was used to lieing on our bed and everything so what we have done is moved him out of the bedroom and onto a blanket in the living room and hopefully in the summer we are going to move him outside altogether, he always sleeps outside but is in every evening once we are home from work, but I am terrified of him getting into the cot with the baby or getting jelous when he is not allowed in when the baby is here, so that is why I hope to move him out before babs gets here and he can always come back in when babs is a bit hardier.

In relation to School, we can send them at 4 or 5 here in Ireland but we will be waiting until 5 as I went to school at 4 and school wasn't a problem but I was only 16 finishing which I think is way too young if they decide to go to college and have to be away from home - also I was to immature to know what I wanted to do then and in fact went to work is a crappy job and then spent years my early 20's having to retrain and get my qualifications then which was much harder than if I had went to college.

In relation to going back to work, I am lucky that DH can provide for both of us, but I am going to work 2 days a week as I'm the type of person who gets extreme cabin fever if I am stuck in and I think a happy mummy will make for a happy baby but at the same time I wont be away from babs for too much of the week, just enought to get out of the house and stay sane ha ha and also I am lucky and still make good money in two days so it will make us much more comfortable.

As for the star signs DH is a virgo but I think he is the exception too as he is so laid back he is nearly horizontal :rofl: and is definitely the calming side of this relationship :rofl: as I would be more uptight and panicky than him so I dont mind if babs is a virgo. I am near the end of August so I may go into September, but I would prefer to stay August. I am a cancer and am pretty bossy too pippin.

Well I can't remember what else ye were discussing and this post is long enough so I best I better stop hogging it :rofl:

Oh yeah though had my check up today with GP and all is well - so I am back there in 3 weeks and back in the hospital in another 6 weeks.

My god I have just realised I can really talk or shoudl I say type :rofl:

By the way congrats on being viable Shadow another two weeks for me - I guess we will all be heading that way shortly.

Cleckner by the way I noticed you were saying about preterm labour and having D&C's before becoming pregnant. I never heard that before I also had a D&C and MMC done before becoming pregnant but it was 3 months before would it have to have been closer?? and if not how early do they reckon you can go??

Ha you would think I would be finished by now :rofl:

Gorgie ha remember I was in chat with you so I have heard some of your sex ed talks :rofl: :rofl:

I have the image of you with cucumbers and condoms imprinted on my brain :rofl: :rofl:

My god I have just realised I can really talk or shoudl I say type :rofl:

By the way congrats on being viable Shadow another two weeks for me - I guess we will all be heading that way shortly.

Cleckner by the way I noticed you were saying about preterm labour and having D&C's before becoming pregnant. I never heard that before I also had a D&C and MMC done before becoming pregnant but it was 3 months before would it have to have been closer?? and if not how early do they reckon you can go??
Well, after alot of googling and searching for answers to this because I am wondering myself, I came up with nothing conclusive. They haven't studied it enough from what I'm reading. Some websites say there IS an elevated risk to preterm labor after D&C. Other websites say there isn't enough evidence to support that. I had my D&C at the very end of August and didn't get pregnant until November so I am thinking that from having a few periods in between, wouldn't the lining of my uterus thicken back up? And you said yours was three months in between too. Maybe this doesn't apply to us than because we waited like we were supposed to. So I'm not sure but I am definately preparing myself for the chance that the baby could come early. But I am keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be an issue!

Thanks a million Cleckner.

Yeah hopefully we will be okay even though I think I had 2 periods in between so hopefully as you said the lining of the womb should have thickened back up with these. I think this only causes problem with the egg implanting and we definitely haven't had any trouble with that so hopefully we will be grand.

That is so weird that you were going through a similiar situation to me at the other side of the world at roughly the same time and we are now pregnant together on this.

We found out that we had had the Missed M/C on the 29th August but had to wait over the weekend to be sure that there was no heartbeat even though the little angel was only measuring 9 weeks when I should have been 16, so it was actually the 3rd of September before I had the D&C done and I think we conceived the 1st week in December as my LMP was 14th of November, so that is a bit mad aint it.

Well I'm gonna turn this off and chillax with DH and watch some TV.

Hope ye all have a great weekend in case I'm not on.

Pssst...Georgie...you will be proud to know that I made OH late for work this morning :rofl:!!!!!

hmmmm...i'm so tired and having really bad jaw pain...not sure what that is about.
Perhaps the two are related? I know why *I* have jaw pain today... :blush: :rofl:

hiya ladys my bran has just gone blank.
shadow them suits very cute.

my frend had a d&c 4wks befor she became preg with her son and went over due by 2 1/2wks.

thinking about cloths dnt forget it will be the summer when babys come and if buying new born winnter stuf or 0-3 it will be to hot we bort a lot of winter stuff for my son and didnt think that it will be summer and didnt use any of it had to go out and buy summer stuff.

Hi girls, just checking in quickly as I have a very busy day. Been baking cakes for my neices christening. Will be out most of the day so will catch up then. Hope you all have a fab day whatever you are doing xxx

Morning folks

jelr - yeah I agree about the school thing, I'd rather our LO was one of the oldest in class rather than one of the youngest.

tmr - that's a good point. We'll just be buying baby suits fror now, although we haven't really started yet. Our families are buying stuff at the moment so we haven't been, maybe nearer the time once the summery stuff is out we'll buy something, but of course being on team yellow we might have to stick to the babygros LOL.

Well I've an irritated night with that bloody monitor. It kept nipping my arm - but thankfully I get to take it off at lunchtime, yahoo. Apparently I got up in a less than sunny mood because I was grumbling as soon as I was up and hubby said "lack of sleep doesn't agree with you eh?"

And the holidays are nearly over ... back to work on Tuesday :dohh:

heya girlies
hope ur all ok :) bin soooooo busy, but its bin really good :)
hope the pregnancys are going ok :)
speak to u soooooon

xxxxx

Hey check out the cute stuff here https://www.sugarplumtree.co.uk/ a bit too expensive but I love the changing bags, may just be tempted!!!

Hey girls... finally I can be on here and not have to run off in a few minutes... how is everyone this morning.... I think I have a little marathon runner in my tummy... holy moly!! :rofl:

So... I was on facebook this morning:comp:... and this lady who is a friend of the family and also works reception at my doctors office sent me an instant message...

"Hey Laura... congrats on having a girl sorry I didn't get to see you when you came in.. take care. " :dohh:

so we are team yellow because we wanted the surprise..:shrug:... did she just tell me the sex....:shock:

Hi Girls - loads to catch up on as usual! Hope you are all having a great weekend.

I too cannot remember everyone to reply to - firstly W4B - sorry about your puppy, losing pets is SO upsetting and I can empathise completely.

Ava - hope the BP calms itself down - take it easy lady!

As for schools and timing - I was quit eyoung in my year and I din't really feel it affected me until I was mucholder - but I hated being the last tolearn to drive adn the last to be able to drink (didn't help that I looked young as well!). I would much prefer to send my little one to school closer to 5 than 4, so am hoping ot hold on until Sept!!

As for me - well i am having a mixed day. I had my "20" week scan this morning - and everythgn was great (my baby has BIG feet!! - must take after my husband who is a size 12!)

On the downside, I was supposed to receive some exam results today that I have been waiting for since I took them back in February!! Everyone else i my group has got them except me - am thinking that this isn't a good sign!!

Anyway - hubby is out tonight so I am looking forward to a night of finishing off my eater egg and bnb!!

Take care ladies x

Hey pippin - I got one of the ju ju be changing bags on there but I bought them from an Irish site, it was a purple one though, they are expensive but I am just a sucker for bags he he.

Smith87999 - Oh god that is terrible, maybe you should say it to her to see if she heard a rumour from someone else or was this from your medical stuff and explain that you wanted to keep it a surprise in case she just heard from someone else and it is just a rumour and she doesn't really know at all cause I think if you dont your gonna expect that you are having a little girl and you may not be.

Shiv - try not to worry they say no news is good news and it may only just be a delay in the post. Best of luck with them I bet you have flew through them.

Pippin .. I spent my afternoon surfing the net looking all manner of cute baby things, I really don't need any encouragement!!!!

Shiv - I feel much more relaxed now that the monitor is off, not sure it's meant to work like that .... :rofl: Don't worry about the exam results, there are probably too many to post out all at once, I bet yours come on Monday - and good luck!

Smith - I replied on your other thread, I hope she hasn't spilled the beans, that like jelr says it's some kind of rumour that she's heard. I would ask her though, because you're probably going to find it tough to get it out of your head otherwise (well if you're anything like me you will!).

Saturday :hugs: to everyone :happydance:

:rofl: I had to switch off the site as I nearly bought one of the £80 bags :shock:

Smith hon replied in your other thread :hugs:

Smith - I am not sure that they record down what sex your baby is if you don't find out!?!?!? Although I could be wrong. I reckon it is just a mix-up, but I think you should ask her as, as others have said it will play on your mind otherwise :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->