Official August Mummies Club!!

thanks girls... yeah I sent her a facebook message.. we will see... the docs don't put the sex in our charts if we aren't finding out ... so they don't make the mistake of telling us... my guess is that if she really knows... it is because she talked to the ultrasound tech right after our appointment... ultra sound is in the same office as the docs... :shrug:

Oh and we treated ourselves to a couple of cute baby outfits (the first we have bought) after our scan today!! Colour neutral of course!!

Smith - Hope you get an answer soon .. could she just be having a joke with you? Doesn't sound like it but as someone with an odd sense of humour myself, you never know .... let us know what she says, will keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't know :hugs:

Shiv - we bought some colour neutral stuff last week in Edinburgh .. couldn't help ourselves. Thought we'd indulge ourselves and buy one thing each for the baby, well, dad bought a musical mobile, I bought a little supersoft white bunny rabbit; a little gift set of booties, hat and bib; a couple of books; pack of natural babygros. Then we saw the cutest shoes in the world - OMG - so we've ordered them as well. So yeah we have indulged ourselves a little bit you could say :rofl:

hi girls just thought id share i moved up at box only 8 days till im viable cant wait xxx

Update on baby-related matters: Lincoln has been kicking up a storm the past couple of days! I think I'm finally beginning to feel those "constant" movements. YAYYY!! I wish I could explain to my husband what these things feel like for me... especially when I get a good one in the cervix or bladder. I can tell he feels really left out since he can't feel anything. :(

Update on the puppy thing: Thanks for everyone's responses. I'm healing from it. Anyway, one of our dear friends reckons he died from flipping his stomach. He said that one of his dogs died that way too. Though he's not sure about it taking a dog in a day, it seems to be the only thing that makes sense.

I miss the little guy, though. He was just about the greatest puppy ever. We called him a stoner puppy, because every time we came home, the other dogs would be SO excited, running around and jumping and wagging their tails... Puppy would just sit at the gate, looking at us, like "Cool, you're home." He was very mellow. He was even more well behaved than the other two and we never trained him to do or not to do anything. :shrug: Weird little puppy.

His death was kind of a slap in the face, though, that made me want to show more appreciation for my cats and our other two dogs. Just because they're young and I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can ignore them!

Gem - congrats on moving up a box .. how're things with you? Haven't seen you around for a while? x

W4B - I know what you mean about the kicks. Mine are stronger now, and so hubby can feel many of them from the outside, but I can tell it's just not the same for him. I think he's disappointed about it, but doesn't say so. Shouldn't be long now before the really strong kicks start that are actually visible, so hopefully that will help. I do feel a bit sad that he can't feel the things I feel x

im on and of my charger broke for laptop so only get chance when i borrow friends o family im about . miss been on here all the time lol
im fine and baby fine take care gem xxxx

Good morning Ladies

Happy Dance today because baby is VIABLE! Can't quite believe we're at 24 weeks already! Amazing. :happydance: :baby:

Not long now and we'll be moving over to 3rd tri, incredible eh? Where has the time gone?

Anyway this afternoon (once hubby comes back from golf) we're going to Mothercare to see if they have those bump support things I need, my bump may not be big but often it feels like it needs some support, especially at work.

What a gorgeous day it is today, really sunny! I love days like this :happydance:

Congratulations avabear73 :happydance: another two weeks for me now and I'll be with you!!!!

Have to tidy the house now as MIL is coming to stay because I have my scan at 9am! :yipee: I so hope LO has his/her legs open tomorrow I'm going to so be disappointed if she/he hasn't :hissy:

:shock: :blush: :cloud9:

Hello you lovely ladies :D
I am back from my GTT this morning, and I have just had a good old bawl :cry: but they were REALLY happy tears!!! I'll explain...
Had the GTT, drank the lucozade etc. Very boring, had to wait around a lot bla bla bla... But the lovely nurse, right at the end, asked me if we knew what we were having. I said yes, it's a boy, and she said awww that's great. I told her we had really hoped he'd be a boy, and she said that's perfect then. Very sweet lady. Then she asked whether we had some name ideas yet, and I told her (as I love to do) "Oh yes, we have his name" and then I looked at OH who was beaming proudly and told her "He's called Vincent." She had the typical moment of surprise that I hadn't said "Tom" or "John" or something more common like that, and then she said "Ooooh, I like that! What a lovely name!" So we were beaming, and then she said "There's a song called Vincent, isn't there?" And I thought "Oh no, I hope it's not some crappy song, I'd be gutted" lol but she said it was by Don McLean, and I had some hope that it might be good, as I know I'd heard that he was one of the all-time best songwriters (from my mum!)

Still, I was NOT prepared when I got home and turned the laptop on and looked it up on you tube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdYLGAxcWA

I just bawled my eyes out as I sat here listening to the most BEAUTIFUL song I have ever heard.... I am AMAZED!! In fact, I realise that I've heard this song before, yeeeeears ago, when I was tiny and my mum must have played it. But I always just knew it as "Starry starry night" and didn't realise it was actually called "Vincent" !!!

LOL we're hoping that he has "eyes of China blue" now!!

*PHEW!!*
*wipes eyes yet again* That really caught me off guard, my pregnancy emotions just poured out when I heard it hehehe... :blush:
Wonderful....

Oh, and sorry ladies, I forgot to say a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! To all of you viables!!!! Not long now for the rest of you, either :D And yes, third tri is looming closer and closer, isn't it?? How terribly exciting...

:hug:

Shadow xxx

Thanks Pippin :) Good luck with the scan tomorrow ... apparently fizzy juice (coke or something) and chocolate encourage the baby to move about more if he/she is a little bit reluctant ... have fun, no more team green for you!! :happydance:

Shadow - aww how lovely :)

Oooooh yes Pippin, good luck for tomorrow!!! I can't wait to hear from you after the scan!! :D

xxx

This was posted in 3rd tri, I thought it was really interesting, see what you make of it:

https://www.welcomebabyhome.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_myths.htm?source=ppuk

My favourite is number 15, will be interesting to see how it pans out, my cycle is usually 28 days, now and again 29:

Myth 15: First babies are usually late. True to an extent since about 60% arrive after their due date, 5% on their due date and 35% arrive early. The timing is tied closely to length of your menstrual cycle. If it is shorter, you are more likely to deliver early. And if your cycle is longer than your baby will arrive later and if it usually lasts 28 days you will more likely deliver close to your due date.

Lecture pippin....LECTURE :rofl: LOL I was laying there during my u/s lecturing James not to be modest!!! :rofl:!

:rofl: thanks lovely ladies. LO is pretty quiet today despite a few kicks. Last Sunday before the scan he was very active and wore himself out. I'm trying to keep busy as this seems to make him sleep more. I'm saying him but I have now had dreams about a girl on the last few weeks and I called him she this morning without realizing. My poor instincts are so confused :shock: I might walk over the Waitrose and buy some raw jelly and coke as I heard this helps too. My MIL is coming she'll think I am mad!!!!! Right off to stock up on rubbish. Oh and I put on more weight this morning :cry so it'll be a good cut down from tomorrow afternoon onwards.

:happydance: for viability ladies, my turn soon :yipee:

Oh and I posted in your other thread Shadow. But I have to add I just bawled my eyes out on the re-run of Britain's got talent. A little lad sang a wicked gospel song (or something of that type). Oh my good the hormones. x

Shadow.. thanks for sharing that with us.. it is a beautiful song... :hugs:
Was the drink you drank this morning for gestational diabetes? I will have to do that test in the next few weeks... yuck!!!!

Ava... me too... :wohoo: me too... :happydance: I am viable today too... :wohoo:
We are all really close to the point.. did you girls see the post on here called "Sam's Story" it was pics of a baby born at 24 weeks.. .so tiny.. he had lots of problems but survived... so it feels good to hit this point... ;)

So who all has ultrasounds tomorrow... Pippin... Shadow?... anyone else? Good luck .. can't wait to hear how it goes...

On the lady who sent me the facebook message saying we were having a girl... (she works at my dr office)... she said...

"Oh sorry Laura...I thought I read on your ultrasound videos on facebook that you were having a girl...sorry I must have read it wrong... I can't find out at the office...it is against our rules... sorry again... I will keep hoping that you get your girl... sorry again."

So even if she had found out at the office I knew she wouldn't fess up to that.. so I am right back where I started... I really don't know what I am having... so it is still a surprise...

but I have to admit it has taken my hoping for a girl up just a notch!! :rofl:

Look at me... typing away... lots to say....:rofl:

Sorry guys.. another post...

So one of us has to be getting close to the 27 week mark and heading over to third trimester.... it will be here so soon... we'll need a group over there too... :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->