Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing.!?

Good luck pippin and shadow for your scans tomorrow! yay exciting!!!

Shadow hope the drink wasnt too bad..i have to do that in 3 weeks.

Congrats to all who are viable!! WHO HOO....i CANT wait to get there!! 3 more weeks for me!!

Smith~ Awe, well i'm glad she didn't ruin your surprise but yeah i'd be really thinking....is it a girl too lol! Fingers crossed it is!!:)

So i can't get on my facebook ac**** but can get on my husbands...isn't that werid! its annoying the crap out of me!!!

All is well over here...no contractions and had scan on friday and all was well! no new changes!! YAY!. I have been up doing my normal routine just no lifiting, exercising or any heavy house work. I seem to manage just fine. It's been crazy with bday parties for families and friends and we are just loving the beautiful 70 degree weather we've got!

One debate i have..is idk if i am going to start in home daycare of continue working after this baby....??? Okay so im a nurse and i work what we call pool......meaning whenever i want ..so alot , alittle and whatever shift. it's nice to be able to come and go and all that. But hubby wants me to stay home ALL the time and watch kids at home b/c i'd make alot of money and he thinks going to work once in awhile is pointless...........?

We do need extra money b/c were trying to get a bigger house so the daycare would be nice..but leaving my friends and job as a nurse will be really hard. I love the stay at home mom thing but i like getting away if i need to once in awhile...

what do you girls think.....Any ideas? thanks!

Hi Ladies - hope you are all having a nice relaxing Sunday - I am still in my pJ's (and yes it is 4.30 pm :blush:)

I was hoping some of you very knowledgable ladies might be able to tell me what i am feeling - baby is kicking a lot today which is good - but every now and again it is as if the baby kicks me inside and it feels really weird and uncomfortable - not a nice sensation at all. Any of you get this?

Work tomorrow which sucks - but I actually only have 6 weeks left, so not long to go!!

Congrats to all those that have viable little ones!! Although I do wonder if anythign will ever stop me worrying. I get to each landmark and think " after this I will feel more secure" but I still worry!!

Hello hunnies i've not been readng this thread - why?? I dont know hope your all doing well x x x

I haven't been reading this thread either! Will have to start! Hope all of you lovely ladies are well and blooming! x x x Hugs to all x x x

Hey btw....i think if whoever can....we should all try and buddy up with a text buddy...maybe if were close in due dates buddy up with that person....idk just a thought so incase something would happen we could inform our August group....

Hey btw....i think if whoever can....we should all try and buddy up with a text buddy...maybe if were close in due dates buddy up with that person....idk just a thought so incase something would happen we could inform our August group....

Good thinking xx

How do i get one of those lovely pictures for my signature which says my due date???? x x x (just posted this in another thread by mistake - DOH! xxx)

I have had to have text blocked b/c my phone does something wierd with it apparently!!! So I don't know how I would inform anyone...

As I am in the US and most of you are in the UK, don't think it would work very well for me.

Contrats to all those who are viable - Time is finally starting to tick on for the lot of us, although I still have another 2 weeks as I'm the end of the month.

Gabby - I'm so glad you haven't had any other contractions.

Smith - Delighted you decided to contact that lady after I know you are thinkin girl a little more but I think if you hadn't contacted her you would have been convinced you were having a girl. Fingers crossed for you.

Pippin - Best of luck tomorrow and plenty of coke ha ha.

Well girls I think it is a hormonal day around. DH, me and my mam went into visit my sister this morning as she was doing the marathon.

So I told my sister that DH was going to start painting the nursury this afternoon and she said is it not like too early and I explained that we have something on most weekends until the end of June and that I didn't want to leave it that late and she just went into histerics of laughin and said you have to always be so organised and panic over nothin you have four months to get it all done.

So because of this I was nearly in tears and couldn't speak for the rest of the visit for fear of bawlin in everyones face, but couldn't hold it in in the car and ended up doing it anyways in front of my mam.

I know it was totally hormonal and partly tiredness as I haven't slept all week as my arthritis is really flared up this week cause I was sobbing my heart out at a stupid comment but we were trying for this baby for so long and then had the miscarriage and I didn't allow myselft to get really excited until now where I want to do everything and get it done. Sometimes I feel that since I became pregnant everyone has an opinion on what we do or what our choices are. DH puts no pass on it, but I think I'm just over hormonal to not let it all bother me. Does anyone else find that everyone else has an opinion on what you should and shouldn't do??

Okay rant and hormonal tears all over :rofl: :rofl: - Hope you all have some of the sunshine that we have today and are enjoying the weekend.

How do i get one of those lovely pictures for my signature which says my due date???? x x x (just posted this in another thread by mistake - DOH! xxx)

Armywife - ShadowRat has done all the signatures and I'm sure she would be happy to do one for you the next time she is on. They are lovely aren't they.

Hey, ladies... I've been around and reading but at work (Bad MJ) - and now I'm off till Thursday, but spent a few hours out with my cousin (well, my mum's cousin's daughter) at a lecture by Lord Robert Winston, the fertility expert. It was supposed to be on Curiosity but it wasn't really, he started on about the ethics of fertility treatment, linking it to the bible... but what an interesting man he is. I could have listened to him for hours.

Now I'm knackered and my heartburn is crazy (after a chicken caesar salad for lunch!). And OH is being a pain... he can be a bit of a control freak and fair play to him, I have had substance abuse issues in the past, but I see red when he gets arsey about the amount of Rennies I take! Like he thinks I'm popping them like Smarties or something, which I am not, I take when needed and that's been a bit more lately and especially when I go to bed. Even so I don't have the max daily allowance. Anyway, he insisted I was taking too many "and the baby will come out addicted to them" (WHAT?????!) so I read the side of the box to him. Max dose, 16 in a day. SIXTEEN. I doubt I take six. Even to err on the side of ultra caution, the packet of Tums I used to have said max 7 a day in pregnancy, so I don't have more than that.

But seriously, wtf???!!! There's nothing bad IN them! It's calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate, a bit of sugar and sweetener and mint flavouring. Worst thing that can happen is that baby has good strong bones. OK, I'm being flippant, and I wouldn't take more than I need (I'd go to the doc if I had to, they'd be sympathetic as I've had stomach ulcers before and been on way heavy duty drugs for those) and I know they can cause kidney trouble, but I am in good health overall now... and I just cannot bear people trying to tell me what to do when they are basically ignorant on the issue in question.

GAH.

He might be coming with me to my midwife appointment tomorrow, so I think I'll raise it then and make sure he hears her say it's fine to take them in the quantity I have.

I swear, he has no idea of the things that come alongside being pregnant. He doesn't get that I might have a mood swing or two, or that I get uncomfortable at night and waver between not sleeping and being exhausted, or that heartburn is about THE most common pregnancy issue... I wish he'd read up a bit about it and not give me a hard time. It's making me worry, what he going to be like when I go into labour? Tell me I don't need whatever pain relief I say I need? Thank god he's coming to the antenatal classs with me, at least he ought to be a bit prepared when the time comes.

Anyway, rant over... it's just getting on my nerves being told off for doing what I know I have to do. It's not him who's carrying a baby around.

gd idea gabs - i have ur number but maybe someone in the UK to give me theirs or something? hope ur still ok.....have u had a defo confo ur having a boy?? how is everything else? with pooling or banking as it is here cant u do the stay at home mum thing and jsut work 1 day a wk or will u lose money??

good luck pippin and shadow for ur scans - pippin hope ur LO is more co-operative :D

armywife - bshadowrat makes our blinkies with edd on them xx

sh

jelr i know EXACTLY wat u mean........my nan keeps moaning at us for buying stuff - wont get us anything until baby here incase soemthing happens :cry: it makes me sooo upset, then she says i am hue which upsets me even tho i know i am not and who cares if i was i am having a baby....and she thinks we are mad having a baby thinks it is an accident no matter wat we say and tells everyone :grr: why is it so hard for ppl to understand its our baby we will do what we want and why is it hard to believe we were TTC at 25?? hormones yes but i nterfering families that r opinionated makes it sooooooo much worse ?:hug:

Armywife - ShadowRat has done all the signatures and I'm sure she would be happy to do one for you the next time she is on. They are lovely aren't they.

Thanks sweetie, they are just beautiful! :hugs: x x x

I like the text buddy idea. I wanted to post in the general buddy thread but was a bit worried because it seems quite random who replies (by that I mean people I don't know at all), but we more or less all know each other here so I'd be much more comfortable with that :)

Maybe we could start a list and try to buddy up with someone suitable? I don't mind maintaining the list if that helps.

And welcome to everyone who hasn't visited us before, the more the merrier!

Hey ladies I'm back from the shops and thanks for all your good lucks. I am armed with:
+ fresh pineapple,
+ jelly with fruit in,
+ two bottles of full fat coke
+ and my friend has just given me two squares of carrot cake!!!

Do you think that'll do it??? Ot just give me a heart attack!!!! :rofl:

Mary Jo sorry DH isn't playing nice, just cry I did last night when DH got so drunk at a friends house. I slept in the spare bed and now he is groveling :rofl:

Armywife PM shadow with name date and colour and she'll do one and all new ladies need to PM Cleckner and she'll add you to the list :hugs: We're all very lovely in here even if I do say so myself hehehehehehe.

I'm pretty sure that'll do it Pip but if you've any left let me know and I'll help you take care of it :rofl:

If that doesn't work avabear then I give up as nothing will. Tried juice and chocolate last time and he/she promptly fell asleep!!! :rofl:

Trying to keep myself occupied as this helps keep him/her quite.

:rofl: Mine didn't respond to a Wispa - guess he's had just too many of them.

Good luck, Pippin, hope baby plays nice!

:rofl: poor pippin i hope it does work for u!! i had a bottle of fat cola before i went in and bubs was sleeping then all of a sudden wouldn't sit still :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->