** Official November Sparklers Thread **

Massive congrats and best wishes to marleysgirl and Andrew - my word, can you believe these little sparklers are starting to make an entrance......OMG!!!!

I know thing is its only 2 mth off til we all start officially popping & i've got to move house yet! EEEEEEEK

Hiya new dates for me!! Induction booked for between 27th October and 2nd November!

:eek: a November sparkler born already - now that is bringing reality home!

Congratulations Marleys girl - lots of love and hugs to baby Andrew and hope he is doing well.

Holy Moly, there are A LOT of sparklers! Wow, wow, wow!!! We were all pretty busy in February/March, huh?!

Congrats to Marley's Girl and her little bundle Andrew :) Hope all is going well and you're both ok!

And yes, it really does bring it home doesnt it? :hugs: to all the Sparklers :D

Holy Moly, there are A LOT of sparklers! Wow, wow, wow!!! We were all pretty busy in February/March, huh?!

That's when we had all that snow. We were just trying to keep warm!!

I've just found this - thanks for the prayers & thoughts of you all

Some of you will known that I had an u/s scan that showed placental bloodflow problems, and I received steroid injections to prepare Beanie's lungs for an early delivery. A week after this, I was due for another u/s scan, but went to hospital earlier that day as I had reduced foetal movement. They scanned me on arrival and advised us that baby should be delivered as soon as possible - that day - for best chance of survival. He'd be 29+1 weeks.

Andrew was delivered by caesarian section at 19:43 that evening (Wed 19 August), weighing just 1lb 6oz. My DH was with me throughout, and got to see baby briefly before he was taken away to the Special Care unit. I got to see him early the next morning, when he'd been stabilised.

I've spent almost two weeks in the hospital and fought for discharge today, although my section wound hasn't completely healed and will be monitored daily by community midwives.

Andrew is doing stonkingly well for such a preemie, which is being put down to those steroid injections. He will be two weeks old tomorrow, now weighs 1lb 9oz, and has already progressed from the ventilator onto cPap and today spent 4 hrs breathing on his own, which will be repeated and increased. He is being tube-fed EBM, and producing nice little parcels at the other end, so that system works fine! He does however show evidence (on scan) of a bleed in his head next to his brain, and we have yet to find out what this could mean, it will only become apparent with time.

We always thought he'd be an early arrival, but didn't dream it would be this early - and we have yet to find out why he was in such a hurry to be born. But he's doing just fine, he'll probably spend a few weeks yet in SCBU sleeping and growing.

Awww hun, :hugs2: Its fab to hear he is doing well & fingers crossed the bleed on his brain doesn't have any serious effects.
We're all sending you & andrew so many hugs hun. He is our 1st november sparkler baby too! xxxxxxxx

I've just found this - thanks for the prayers & thoughts of you all

Some of you will known that I had an u/s scan that showed placental bloodflow problems, and I received steroid injections to prepare Beanie's lungs for an early delivery. A week after this, I was due for another u/s scan, but went to hospital earlier that day as I had reduced foetal movement. They scanned me on arrival and advised us that baby should be delivered as soon as possible - that day - for best chance of survival. He'd be 29+1 weeks.

Andrew was delivered by caesarian section at 19:43 that evening (Wed 19 August), weighing just 1lb 6oz. My DH was with me throughout, and got to see baby briefly before he was taken away to the Special Care unit. I got to see him early the next morning, when he'd been stabilised.

I've spent almost two weeks in the hospital and fought for discharge today, although my section wound hasn't completely healed and will be monitored daily by community midwives.

Andrew is doing stonkingly well for such a preemie, which is being put down to those steroid injections. He will be two weeks old tomorrow, now weighs 1lb 9oz, and has already progressed from the ventilator onto cPap and today spent 4 hrs breathing on his own, which will be repeated and increased. He is being tube-fed EBM, and producing nice little parcels at the other end, so that system works fine! He does however show evidence (on scan) of a bleed in his head next to his brain, and we have yet to find out what this could mean, it will only become apparent with time.

We always thought he'd be an early arrival, but didn't dream it would be this early - and we have yet to find out why he was in such a hurry to be born. But he's doing just fine, he'll probably spend a few weeks yet in SCBU sleeping and growing.

Glad Andrew is doing well Marleysgirl and thanks for the update - take care of yourself and make sure you keep us all updated on your progress :hugs: - Do you have any photos?

Lots of photos, just not the energy to post them up tonight! Sorry ... tired ...

But in the meantime, here's a link to our Congrats thread on another forum - my DH has posted up some photos here for our friends to see:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1892993

Aww big :hug: to you Marleysgirl. Here's to little Andrew and here's to him getting through the tough times. Hope that bleed isn't too worrying. Much love to you xxx

OMG Marleysgirl - just seen the photos on that forum - he is adorable and so so tiny - I'm in love :)

Wow Marleysgirl I'm blown away.
Super huge :hugs: to you all.
And...
:dust:
...for baby Andrew

xx

Lots of photos, just not the energy to post them up tonight! Sorry ... tired ...

But in the meantime, here's a link to our Congrats thread on another forum - my DH has posted up some photos here for our friends to see:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1892993

He's beautiful and a little fighter! Amazing, congratulations sweetie!!

Just had a look at the photos - he is absolutely beautiful. What a stunning little fighter!

congrats marleysgirl, just looked at the pics on the link, he is gorgeous. :hugs:

Oh my word, little Andrew is absolutely gorgeous!! Massive congrats again to you hun xx

Aww what a sweetie. Congratulations to you hun, i am glad to hear he is making steps in the right direction, he sounds like a real fighter :hugs:

All I can do is echo what the other girls have said. Marley'sGirl, Andrew is a little smasher and sounds like he's doing so well for being so early! Long may it continue hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->