Official October Team Bumpkins

Afternoon ladies. I have just got in from work and Im thoroughly cheesed off. Basically my boss is putting pressure on me to go back onto long days instead of just doing the short days. She said to me this morning that I had to be careful cos I would end up being on half pay soon cos of the time I had off for an operation back before christmas, and that it would affect my maternity pay. I know she is wrong because when I spoke to pay roll when I was off with my op they said my sick time runs from 18th Feb to 18th Feb as thats my start date at the hospital. So I know that the time with my op doesnt even count towards my pay anymore. And I also know that my maternity pay is worked out on my wages from 17 to 25 weeks...which I am passed now! So she is just trying to scare me into coming back to work full time even though Occupational Health just wants me on part time. I'm so fed up of it and they are making things more difficult by only giving me my shifts a week at a time and generally at the end of the week like I only just found out today what I am working next week. Which makes it very difficult to arrange anything. Its so tempting to just say balls to them all and start my maternity leave at 29 weeks rather than 33 weeks. But then it means I have to go back to work when James is 3 and a half months old! And to top it all off...despite knowing for weeks that I am doing short shifts...the next rota (so for August) they have put me on long days and nights again! So I still dont know what I am working!!! I'm just so fed up now.

Littlekitten :hugs: :hugs:
poor you :cry: does your place have an off duty rota policy? Check on the hospital intranet - ours states about you having your shifts in advance etc.
Also any pregnancy related sicknesses can't be included in disciplinary procedures so check that out too.
I'm sorry your manager is being a cow - our girls have been fabulous, and DO NOT feel under pressure to do long days - I'm quite sure she wouldn't be! Same goes for nights when you are NHS and on a shift rotation contract-it needs to fit around YOU, ring HR as they usually have a designated pregnancy link person.
Failing that - want me to duff her up for ya? :rofl: :rofl:

I found you guys thanx baby love for the direction i thought i had lost you haha

:hugs: Hope they give you better shifts soon Babylove. I'm still doing a 40 hr week with8-10 hr shifts, but only coz I need the money! If I could afford it, I would never work again, lol... Luckily my boss wont let me do nights, sleep ins or on-calls since I told her I was pregnant, so at least I dont have to worry about that. Take care though, whatever shifts you get. x

I'll join in the duffing up littlekitten :rofl:

Morning all, well weather looks rubbish here but it's so muggy. Trying to decide what to do with myself today

:hugs: Littlekitten8 - I hope you get them sorted at work. You do not need the stress. Could you set occupational health on them and let them fight amongst themselves....OH will always win! :rofl:

Well girls, this is my last lot of posting before going off on Jolly-holidays!! :happydance::cloud9: Hubby could not sleep last night as he was so excited (even though we're not actually going to the SW until Monday, but still. We're off to the MILs to drop off the dog) and was 'flipping like a mackeral' in bed this morning waiting for his alarm to go off. I've got loads to do but I've got to try to chill out for a bit as I have to drive for 4 hours this afternoon so I've got to be awake which is difficult for me at the moment! :rofl: Anyway....hubby's off to work and I have got t-minus 8 hours and counting to get everything sorted. Time for a nap! :rofl::sleep:

Hope we have some nice plans for the weekend. Have a lovely week and I will be back on Sunday next week......that's if we decide to come back! :rofl:

Littlekitten - Any sickness realated to pregnancy can't be used against you by work. They're not allowed to. Mine tried last year after a MMC. Was expecting them to try again with MS this time about, and nothing - Any time off like that isn't taken into account when working out MP either. I got my letter of confirmation yesterday. I had a pleasant surprise, I get slightly more for the 1st 6 week's than I do normally, not sure why, but I'm not agruing with them... Otherwise I'm sorted now, until July next year!! 2 months until my Mat leave!!!

Morning Girls...

Builders have left!!! So chuffed, strange tho; think I'm going to miss the company... Uncle is suppose to be coming Thurs, to do the downstairs for me; we'll see... We collect DS's bedroom furniture yesterday, as we were going to finish his room today, electrican coming on Thursday too, he needs to take up floorboards, makes what we were going to do rather pointless now... Think DS will end up in the diningroom Wednesday night, rest of the week he's at my parents as OH and I are at work at silly o'clock all next week... He still needs a good night sleep for school...

Great plans are always subject to change...

Off to chase OH out of his pit, or he'll stay there all day... Have a lovely day girls xxxx

Enjoy your break Aimee.

Happy 25 weeks to anyone else - still can't believe another week in :happydance: :happydance:

Hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you decide to do.
xx

Morning girls. Feeling a little bit more chilled out this morning. Had a good nights sleep and slept until 10am hehe. OH is feeling much better so he is off to work at 1.30 so then I am going to the Outlet Village with my housemate and her sister for the afternoon. Must resist the urge to buy anything lol. Luckily we dont need much for the baby now so that makes things a little easier.

Thanks for all the support girls. I know they cant use my sick time against me. And I am already under Occupational Health so I will be going back to see them next week.

Hello everyone,

Have been off on holiday all week, haven't done very much at all! Feeling a bit depressed as this is the first year in ten years I haven't gone to T in the park :cry: Oh well, there's always next year...

On the plus side I just got LO 9 t- shirts and 5 pairs of jeans for £14 off e bay, most of it's from next too. Not entirely sure where I'll put it when it gets here, her cupboard is overflowing already and I haven't started past 0-3 months yet!

Hope everyone is well :hugs:

Hi Everyone

Just dropped by to see how everyone was and give you all some :hugs:
Dont get to come on here that much now as im just starting my access course who knows how far im going to get before this little man decides he has had enough cooking time in mummys tummy.
How many weeks is it when we move to 3rd tri?
Im down to double figures nearly :happydance: going so quick and getting scary for me with previous history.

Aww mumof4 you will be fine. Im sure he will be a good baby and stay put for a while longer. Congrats on starting your access course. Is that your access to nursing?

Hello all :D

Back for my daily dose of B&B! Feeling a bit sluggish today :( OH is being super good and looking after me thankfully. He just on with making some yummy food.

Happy 25 weeks to anyone else - still can't believe another week in :happydance: :happydance:

Back at you bonfloss - my LO hits 25 weeks today too! :happydance: :happydance:

Yeah hun access to nursing hope to get to uni either next year or year after x

Hiya thought to pop in here, to see how you ladies are doing? As seeing this thread has moved from 2nd tri to other forum. Just found it and cant wait for this thurs i will be becoming double digits!

Hi Mumof42009, thats good you got a course into access to nursing! :) :hugs:

xxxxx

Morning all

Mumof4 i'm wanting to do some education/training juest before and when baby comes. Not sure what though. I have an active mind and just being home drives me potty. I have a degree so just fancy doing something different.

Had an early night last night, fell asleep on sofa waiting for casualty to start :rofl: I think the tiredness from 1st tri is coming back a little.

OH made some lovely mexican fajitas last night, he's keeping himself busy but I think thats because he starts a new job in just over a week and he's nervous.

Maffie - Good Luck to your OH for next week, starting a new job is no easy task; I hope his 1st week goes without any hitches.

Morning all!

Back to work for me tomorrow, dreading getting up at 4.30 tomorrow, but as we're back home rather than at Mum & Dad's I need to allow for travelling to work... What an ungodly hour tho.

Think I'll be having a nap when I get back home too, I had to have a nap after OH and I had been in town all morning yesterday. I was so shattered when we got back I was yawning and grumpy too. Had an hour, got up had a drink and some munchies; went back to bed for another hour. felt better after all that...

Not planning on doing much today, might have a walk around a car boot; we'll see. OH and I both have early starts tomorrow...

Hey girls, hope we're all enjoying the weekend.

Went to see My Sisters Keeper last night with my mum, I loved the book so was a bit surprised by the ending, don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet so I won't say anymore. Booked tickets for Harry Potter next week as well, can't wait!

Things are starting to come together now in the flat, bathroom is done, just got to sort out a sofa for the living room and my bedroom furniture is coming next Friday so I can get more stuff put away. Disappointed though that it's gonna take another month before my phone and Internet are on because Sky are truly awful, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Looks like lots of us with early starts tomorrow, my new place is a bit further from the station so Ill have to get up at 5 now, roll on September 25th when my maternity starts!

It's going so quickly now, less then 100 days for me! Seems like yesterday we were all over in 1st tri talking about MS :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->