Official October Team Bumpkins

Hope the scan goes well bingers, let us know how it all goes.

Just got booked on antenatal classes left it a bit late as she had to squeeze me in for the October classes ooops :dohh: The midwife was lovely about it though, super helpful.

Hiya girls,

Just got back from B&Q where we got some beautiful Oak laminate for Freya's room.

Kte, for my 3D which came with a new Ventura carseat i paid £94.. It came with everything apart from an apron for the carseat. the whole system is immaculate and i really like it :) They look so small and cute and snug.

Well its time to go touch up some paint work and thenn sort out the flooring... TTFN x

WOW that is a bargain!!

Good luck for your scan Bingers :hugs:

Glad you got in for some classes Maffie - at least all the info will be fresh in your head!

MAffie - They sound like horrible people !! I hate that. God love the child. Hope you are feeling a bit better soon and glad you got your classes sorted I start mine on 12th aug actually really looking forward to starting them because I feel so clueless at the moment.

Baby.love - really looking forward to seeing your nursery ! cant wait to get stuck into ours.

bingers - good luck with you scan.....

I have my private scan on sat to confirm the gender even though we seen baba's bits I just want to be 100% because of so many people being told the incorrect sex. And here in Ireland you only get one scan so really looking forward to seeing baba on sat.
:happydance: :happydance:

Afternoon girlies. Man I really must remember not to not log in for 24 hours ever again lol. Well the consultant appointment went quite well. She measured me again and I'm now measuring 27cms pmsl so she reckons the midwife measured funny or that James was led in an odd position. After being transverse at the scan he was laying breech yesterday! I have a GTT next Thursday because of my PCOS and the glucose in my urine last week. Although my urine is now clear again so I think its was probs to do with the UTI. Have another growth scan and consultant appointment at 32 weeks which is 2 days before I move house so will be my last at the John Radcliffe before I am transferred to Stoke Mandeville. Feeling alot more relaxed now cos he is growing normally on the scan and they are still keeping a close eye on me.

The drive down to Bristol wasnt too bad. Managed it in an hour and 45 mins even with the torrential rain. And the weather here today has cheered up this afternoon so the sun is actually shining woohoo. Its so nice to be home and have my parents fussing over me lol.

Bingers - good luck with your scan hun. Hope it all goes fine and that its just the midwife measuring funny like me.

Oh and Jlosomerset - tell him to man up lol. Nah just give him lots of fluids and snacks. Make sure he doesnt try to eat a big meal today as hes likely to throw up after a general anaesthetic. He will be grumpy for 48 hours so just ignore that lol. Other than that theres not much advice to give lol.

Hi all,

Just had my 28 week m/w appointment and everything is well.

Got bloods taken, heard h/b, bp ok, and he is head down!
I also remembered to ask all my 100 questions I have been saving up!!

My hospital provides babygrows for the time they are in and nappies and milk woohoo!! I am not going to have to take 3 bags after all :)

Also that is me on fortnightly appointments now.

Have a nice day :)

Kte - I got the carrycot etc off ebay, including delivery I paid £30... Might be worth looking on there 1st, the one I got was BNIB. I was very pleased, in total my pram cost £50.

I've had an awful day, I've even called the mw. I was feeling fine 1st thing, got into work and wham I felt awful. I was so tired, felt as if all my energy had upped and gone, and generally felt urgh! I went to sleep after leaving work after only 2 hrs. I slept for 3 hours, got up to get lunch; I ended up with such a fright as I then started bring blood up... I freaked!?!?

Been told to have paracetamol, take plenty to drink and try eating, not to go to work until next week. If I still feel crappy to call dr tomorrow, just to keep peace of mind, if babe stops moving about I'm to go straight to the hospital. Babe's been very active so don't think that's the problem. Maybe just maybe it just a lurgy I've picked up, mw tired to tell me it could be swine flu... I'm not convinced... Hoping to feel better soon, and not to be sickly again... fingers crossed...

Hey all, thanks for the advice re reduced movements. I ended up calling the midwife in floods of tears because no matter what I tried, bubs just wasn't moving & managed to convince myself that I'd managed to kill my own baby because I'd cleaned the oven the other day. Dramatic, I know, lol.
Anyway, turns out baby is fine, heard heartbeat etc & as soon as the nurse started prodding my tummy, he started having a party in there & kciked the hell out of my right ribs & stuff. Talk about a relief. I cried again because I was so happy & was like, don't you dare scare me like that again Mr!
They've told me to take it easy for a couple of days & said it might be a good idea to keep a 'kick diary' to keep a vague track of his movements & if I'm at all worried, just call in, which was reassuring... I took yesterday & today off sick from work & I only have 19 days till I go on annual leave. I literally cannot wait.
Baby is moving more today, thankgod. I think maybe because I've been feeling a bbit run diwn, he is too & maybe that's why he's not miving so much? He still definitely moves more at night time tho, so I am never gonna complain about his kicks keeping me awake or anything- if he ever stops kicking me at night, I think I will die of panic, lol!

Anyways, thanks girls. :)

Hope everyone's doing okay & is looking forward to a nice weekend. I have training at work this weekend, which means all I have to do is sit & listen to some lady talk at us for 8 hours, lol. Better than being run off my feet actually working, lol!

Ooh, and I just noticed, I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. Wow. Kinda mind blowing how quickly this is going. 10 weeks... 10 weeks & I'll be a mummybear. So cool!

Aww eswift hope you feel better soon hun. Sure its probably just a sicky bug youve picked up. If you are retching alot then you can burst a little blood vessel in your throat which is why you bring up blood.

Thanks eswift, I will have a look when I get home as ebay always crashes on my work PC! Get well soon :hugs: x

So glad you got sorted florabean :thumbup:

Back from scan and all fine thank goodness! Definitely some dodgy measuring by the midwife! She is weighing 3.9lb so bang where she should be on my growth chart so all that worry for nothing! Was good to see her again too but hopefully I won't need to see her again till she here as I don't want anymore scares!

Hope all those who are feeling under the weather feel better soon and thanks for your kind messages earlier. Defintely helps!

31 weeks today! :happydance: 9 weeks, can you freaking believe it?!

Less than 2 weeks till I'm done at work! This month is a good month haha.

LK ~ period pending type pains was what I was getting over the weekend. OB said its because the baby has dropped down some and is causing pressure down there.

Kte ~ Your kitties are just adorable!

Mrs029 ~ Congrats on you anniversary :)

Jlo ~ How's the hubby doing today?

Maffie ~ Are you feeling better today?

Re Drs visits ~ The OB wants to see me every 3 weeks now and then when I hit, I think its 35 or 36 he wants to do weekly ones.

Pip ~ Don't you just LOVE adjustments. I had one yesterday. Do you feel the cupping has made any changes?

Baby Love ~ Looking forward to seeing the nursery :)

Anababe ~ Hows your horse doing today?

Honeysunshine ~ The nursery is adorable. I like how you have a sink in there. 4D piccies are amazing :)

Bingers ~ I'm glad everything went well :hugs:

Ok off to work.

Saw m/w this morning. Baby is now almost upside-down and my bump is measuring fine for my dates, so my little worries since my meeting with the locum m/w a couple of weeks ago are now allayed. See her again in four weeks (when I'll be 32+) and then it's every two weeks I think. Booked on to some very local parentcraft classes - not cos we're desperate to do yet more antenatal classes but because these ones are specifically for people who live in our valley, so we should hopefully meet some more locally based expecting couples than we've managed to meet so far.

The rain is peeing me off and I am now not all wishing that I was in our village carnival parade on Saturday. OH will be on the pub float, getting wet and cold, but all I have to do is stand under a brolly and watch (and prob get wet and cold!).

STILL trying to source a mattress to be used as a big cushion for my done-up piece of furniture - clearly 70x130cm is a very unusual cot-bed measurement.

hi, had my growth scan this morning. He was still looking grumpy on the photos!!! but he's doing well, right on track. weighs 2lb 15 which they said is where he should be now. dont get another scan for 4 weeks!!! dont know how i will last that long, im used to getting them at least every 2 weeks :( still at least once that 4 weeks is over ill only have 5 weeks til he is here for real :)

Colsy this shop do foam matresses made to measure.

Could you not use foam thats the size you need?

ooooh I have a scan dead on 28 weeks how do I find out how much he should weigh?

Colsy this shop do foam matresses made to measure.

Could you not use foam thats the size you need?

I could use foam, and that's the route I'll have to take soon if I don't source an appropriate mattress. However, my needlework skills are not the best, so I was hoping to get a proper cot mattress that's got an integral cover to save me a bit of hassle. I make lovely cushion covers and am just managing to work out curtains, but the idea of making a three-dimensional mattress cover is a bit beyond me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->