Official October Team Bumpkins

I'm a great believer that being at ease with your own spirituality will do more for your child's well-being. My Mum too thought I should choose what religion I wanted to move into, and I think that this is an important decision for everyone to make. Giving a 'good' upbringing is more important! (My uncle had all 4 of his children and him and his wife 'welcomed' into the catholic faith so that the children could go to the local catholic school.....seems a bit off to me!)

I agree about being at ease with your own spirituality. However, I also want my LO to be aware of religion and without me taking them to church each sunday (it's just not going to happen) it will difficult for them to be aware of them. Plus I want them to get a good education so that they can get off to a good start in life and if that means I have to christen them to get them into a good school in the area then so be it!

That's what I don't like about some places too...when I say, 'aware of spirituality' I kind of also mean 'aware of other faiths' as other faiths can help you to understand your own feelings i.e. life after death etc. I think it can be a very contentious issue.....but I also know that I have moved around A LOT in my life and in general my lack of baptism/christening hasn't hindered me. I even attended sunday school briefly :shrug:

The other thing is that a lot of people don't know you can do it yourself......maybe this should be an option for a lot more people? (It's so that people with poorly infants can welcome them into god's family quickly and without the help of a 'professional'.) I really like this idea as this way, they're not tied down and yet it would allow them access to the schools etc. :shrug:

Happy birthday to you too Colsy! We're off out for tea and I'm stupidly excited - anyone would think I was 6! lol

Yes it was a bit weird at the beginning wasn't it! I will start to get really freaked if we end up labouring/giving birth at the same time. Btw....I keep meaning to ask, are you booked in at Darley Dale?

Yeh, we hope to go to Darley (assuming we make it to 37 weeks and without probs). How come you know about it? (Good reasons I'm hoping!)

xx

I remember a thread about it ages ago and I've just transfered my care to Jubilee in Hull and I'm under the same care conditions...got to get to 36 weeks and with no issues. (Another spooky coincidence!:wacko:)

Happy birthday again Aimee-lou (if you haven't seen the other post yet!) :cake:

The other thing is that a lot of people don't know you can do it yourself......maybe this should be an option for a lot more people? (It's so that people with poorly infants can welcome them into god's family quickly and without the help of a 'professional'.) I really like this idea as this way, they're not tied down and yet it would allow them access to the schools etc. :shrug:

I just want LO to decide what is best for them and respect others who have made their minds up what ever they have believe or have chosen. Obviously to do that they need info and knowledge on it all! :wacko:

How would you go about doing that? :shrug: TBH I would prefer that method if it meant they could still get into the school. It would be better than making promises to God that I wouldn't be able to 100% keep iykwim. It's defo something to speak to OH about and consider.

The reason I know about it is my teacher at school had to baptise his little girl when she was in ICU. Not a nice situation but as practicing catholics it made it easier to deal with. I studied religious history at University (strangely obsessed actually lol) and learned about the sacraments. The catechism in catholicism states:

V. WHO CAN BAPTIZE?

1256 The ordinary ministers of Baptism are the bishop and priest and, in the Latin Church, also the deacon. In case of necessity, anyone, even a non-baptized person, with the required intention, can baptize, by using the Trinitarian baptismal formula. The intention required is to will to do what the Church does when she baptizes. The Church finds the reason for this possibility in the universal saving will of God and the necessity of Baptism for salvation.

C of E and Lutheran churches kept baptism on as a rite (3 compared to 7 in catholicism) and all the accompanying by-laws so therefore it still stands. Basically, you can do it as long as you are doing it for the right reasons (which only you can know) then you can promise to lead in 'true footsteps' as my lecturer once put it. I think it's a nice middle ground.

Just chatted to hubby about it and turns out he wants the whole church thing...:dohh: may have to re-think this one! lol

Happy Birthday Aimee-lou...... :cake: Wish you all the luck and joy in the world!!!! :hugs: :flower::flower:

For the birthday girls

https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/happy-birthday-with-cake.gif

I hope you are having a wonderful day girls :hugs:

Right, I'm off ladies,

Hubby should be home in half an hour so going to whip round and tidy up. We're then heading out at about 4 as our reservations are at 6 and it's an hour and a half away! :wacko:

Have a lovely day girls....and thank you so much for the birthday wishes! xx

Good Afternoon Ladies...

Been and seen dr... Water infection has gone!?!?! Whoo Hoo... Advised to see mw tomorrow and have a bag packed ready for the hospital, sign myself off this week and rest... Said it could be that my body's telling me that babe won't be long as it's already engaged... Covering all angles I guess... Said I just wanted to make sure that how I'm feeling isn't all in my head, dr laughed and said nope I definately think it's all in your bump...

Spoken to work already said about signing myself off, they're happy, asked about bringing my leave forward by a week, and starting mat leave a week early too... Don't see a problem with that, maybe that I have to call maternity but he'll let me know... Which means that, that's me finished work...

Oh well, guess I'm resting...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Colsy & Aimee-Lou :) Hope you both have a good, relaxing & fun day!!!
Congratulations to all those who reached milestones & benchmarks today & over the coming week. Not long now!
Kte, my best mate from Uni went to school in Shipley. He now lives in Grassington or soemthing like that & my my other best friend has just moved to Barnoldswick, if that means anything to you. (I'm am geographically challenged, lol)
Has anyone else caught a cold at the moment? I woke up today with a cold & feel all heavy & tired & snotty, lol. Typical. Today is the 1st official day of my maternity leave, and trust me to get ill!!!!!!!!! *grrrr*
My baby bounce/rock/vibrate chair thingy arrived thismorning from babies r us, so I literally have everything I could possibly need to the baby now. Feels good to be this organised for a change, but at the same time, kinda sad coz I like buying things for him, lol.
For those who asked, my belly button is still quite red, but it's not sore anymore. I've taken the bar out completely now, just to be on the safe side, but I'm putting it in for an hour or so eveyday so it wont close up. My midwife said it doesn't look infected, just inflamed & keep an eye on it.

Just had my midwife check-up (I'm 35+3) & everything was perfect. BP 102/80, pulse 80, no sugar or protein in urine, so swelling of hands/feet, fundal height measuring 34cm, baby is still head down & facing the right way (my bum, haha) & had a good heartbeat of 120-138 bpm, so I'm really pleased. The best news tho was that I am 3/5th's engaged already!!!!!!!!!! She said it could be anytime now & wished me luck & gave me a big hug! I really do love my midwife, lol. She's given me a list of contact numbers in case of emergency and booked me in for my next appoinment for the 28th sept, but said, "you might have had him by then, so if I dont see you at the appointment, I'll see you on the ward!" It's really hit me now that I AM HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: So awesome. :)

anyway, need to go harvest my crops in Farmville coz I'm a sad git! (Craftymum, can't believe our lives have come to this, hahahahahaha!)

Has anyone else caught a cold at the moment? I woke up today with a cold & feel all heavy & tired & snotty, lol. Typical. Today is the 1st official day of my maternity leave, and trust me to get ill!!!!!!!!! *grrrr*

Me too, finished work on Friday and have had a hacking cough all weekend, thats the kids going back to school and bringing all the germs home:growlmad:

Happy Birthday:flower: to the girlies celebrating today.

Am soo tired today, was meaning to get a little sleep in before picking up from school but the washing and tidying got in the way so early night for me tonite I think:sleep:

Right I'm off for a bounce on my ball before the school run :hugs: to all x

Hello all,

I've not been online since Wednesday, wow you ladies can talk....10+ pages to read, so I haven't bothered :blush: sorry! Hope your all well and bumps are behaving, have I missed anything??

I've been in bed since Thursday with suspected swine flu :cry: had a temp of 39 and just felt literally like I was dying!! My mum called the Doctor out on the Friday and he said it sounds like suspected swine flu so was given a course of Relenza, stopped taking it now and feeling a little better!

Baby keeps going really quiet and didn't feel him move much yesterday, however hes back moving again today...I was meant to have MW on Friday but cancelled as I was unwell so have re scheduled for this Friday, so will mention it to MW then....i'm just ready to have this baby now, so fed up!

Doctor has signed me off work for a week, but i'm going to extend it till my mat leave is due to start (next monday) as theres just no point, feeling so run down and tired!!

Anyway enough of me rambling on, gonna go try eat some toast and drink some more as i'm dehydrated

Speak soon ladies
xxx

Happy Birthday to you too dear Colsy!!!!!! :cake: :hugs: :flower:
Excuse my severe preggy brains

Ok ladies.... just been to give my bloods... well, it was tough again!! arggh.... got pricked twice (only! thank god) But she had to use a butterfly needle....... phew!!!!! finally :thumbup:

have been really weak since morning....... Panicking a bit! prob coz of the exam tomorrow!!!!! Well, I am sure I won't be able to clear it :nope: just giving a try... to know how the exam would be!!!!

today morning, felt so bad had to go to the doctor!!!! my BP was normal 117/75... everything was normal.... except me panicking!!!!!! :cry:

So hows everyone doing today????

Good luck with the exam Keerthy! :) Try not to panic too much hun.

Megan: hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Kte, my best mate from Uni went to school in Shipley. He now lives in Grassington or soemthing like that & my my other best friend has just moved to Barnoldswick, if that means anything to you. (I'm am geographically challenged, lol)

Lol yep, I know where you mean, nice rural areas those iirc. I have been to Grassington but it was more than 10 years ago now :)shock:) and I have heard of Barnoldswick but never been there! (I am geographically challeneged too lol :lol:) OH would know better about the schools that are in Shipley but he says the school he went to was in Bingley.

Good luck tomorrow Keerthy :flower: :hugs:

Hope you start to feel better soon MeggieMoo :flower: :hugs:

:blush: OMG I am so embarressed! :blush: OH get his new car yesterday and has been chatting to some people on a forum, part of the car club he is now in. Anyways, one of the members came over to check out his new car. OH introduced him to me and after they had gone to look at the cars I realised I was stood there in my skirt, totally unzipped and unbuttoned as it was the only thing I could find to wear this morning until my trousers dried :blush: :rofl:

OMG two of my most favourite places, Barnoldswick and Grassington......
I know all the schools in Shipley/Saltaire/Bingley but if you want a truthful opinion, your best off PM'ing me lol

Was just wondering where do you live as I suspect you are not too far from me? I am in Bingley - hence my name on here being Bingers?

Where in Bingley are you from? I was brought up in NabWood.

NJI - I grew up just off Lady Lane - Oakwood Drive area? Now live a little bit neared to Bingley and just off Park Road though have lived elsewhere before moving back! Are you no longer local to me?

NJI - I grew up just off Lady Lane - Oakwood Drive area? Now live a little bit neared to Bingley and just off Park Road though have lived elsewhere before moving back! Are you no longer local to me?

I know the area well.

I moved to Brighouse about 2 years ago now, still localish lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->