Official October Team Bumpkins

Hi girls

I'm home, bloody hospitals!!!!

Got there ar 9.30 this morning as instructed, waited till 10 for a bed, although the midwife last nite allocated me one!, got old that results from last nites MSU wasnt back yet, so did general ob's while they waited for them and did another sample.

At just gone 12 they discharged me:growlmad: basically they need to wait another night to see if any more cultures grow on the sample.
So it would appear that the left hand, yet again, doesnt know what the right hand is doing!!!

Have to phone at 9 tomorrow morning for the results and find out if I need to go back in for the anti b's.

OH took the day off work and farmed out DS2 to relatives so all in all bit of a waste of time.

On a good note though baby is 4/5 engaged and the car has been to the garage and is fixed (of a fashion as we were hoping to change it nxt month) so just off out to collect that now.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes x

ugh, JLo, that's terrible they made you go in & then sent you home again. But I'm glad you got your car sorted & that your little bout is 4/5th engaged. :)

Just dropped by to say :hi: and happy belated birthday to you ladies who's bday it was hope you had good days :hugs:
A little update had a hospital appointment this morning and ive been booked for a c-section next thurs consultant thinks this is best decision in regards to my problems and safer to get my little boy get then leave me any longer, im upset of course that i couldnt have a normal full-term pregnancy for once but i dont want to risk my sons life.:cry:

A little update had a hospital appointment this morning and ive been booked for a c-section next thurs consultant thinks this is best decision

Just to say good luck for next Thursday. I know it's more than a week away yet, but I bet you'll be thinking about it now. I hope you manage to chill a bit for this next week, so at least you're a little bit relaxed when it comes to The Big Day. xx

Golly Girls you've all been busy...

My neice is going to Bangor Uni, she goes in 2 weeks... She's going to study clinical Psychology too... She's all emotions at the moment bless her... It's a big step... I'm so envious... I was at Uni when DS was 5/6 but found the debt hard to deal with as I couldn't move as he had a statement for school and it would mean having to fight that battle all over again. I was studying Social work... LOL and now I'm a postie...

Consultant went reasonably well... I've to go for another clinic to have a special contact lense made so I can see out of my left eye... It's all to do with the shape being all wrong... At least there's a solution... I was rather taken back when he said I could just leave it and carry on as I am... What I don't understand is, if there's a solution why would you leave it and not be able to see properly??? Why be blind if you don't have to be? Guess I'll never know...

Midwife appointment was a very pleasent experience... Mine's away on holiday... Whoo Hoo... Had a lovely chat about home birth and local options... Midwife agreed that I'm being sensible about what's available in the area and from past experiences, I'm covering all possiblities... Babe's engaged 3/5 down... So been told to have everything ready... Pain has gone too, which is a good sign... Next appointment is at 36 weeks and the midwife will come to me at home... Been told to find a friend or someone to call if OH's at work and due to parents living 30 mins away... Asked my friend if she's up to the roll... LOL She's chuffed to bits... Might just move her and her daughter in for the final couple of weeks... LOL

JLO ~ What a crap deal you got from the hospital... Sounds like they're out to mess everyone about... Guess we should be grateful that it's for nothing serious and the fact that we're not being rushed in for anything... Glad the car's fixed too...

Gosh I'm tired... Right I'm gonna drop DS at swimming bath's come back for a nap, as I'm not collecting him until 7pm... Catch you soon...

Mumof4 - Good luck with the C-section from me too! :hugs: 35 weeks and another October baby!! The others had better not get any ideas! :wacko:

My neice is going to Bangor Uni, she goes in 2 weeks... She's going to study clinical Psychology too...
oooh she will get to study in the nice new building that they were building opposite my bedroom and which kept me awake from 6am every morning in my third year! :dohh:

She'll love it. It's so friendly, the psychology dept is excellent and bangor itself is just a nice place to live (I was a peer guide - people who look after freshers) so I'm still very much on the PEP squad lol.

Glad the MW appointment went well eswift! and that the pain is gone! :hugs:

Mumof4 big big :hugs: you'll soon have a gorgeous baby in your arms.

I seem to be getting kicked a good few inches lower down than normal. I wonder if babes has moved down towards my pelvis?

Oh and here's the plum loaf, just need custard now

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/maffiebabe/003-3.jpg

Mumof4 big big :hugs: you'll soon have a gorgeous baby in your arms.

I seem to be getting kicked a good few inches lower down than normal. I wonder if babes has moved down towards my pelvis?

Mmmmmmmmmmm - scrummy!!!

Hello, ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day so far :) . I've had a puzzling one. About ten days ago i was feeling a bit under the weather so i paid the dr a visit. They did a bunch of tests and told me that i had protein in my urine. The dr reckoned that i had a uti and chest infection so was given antibiotics and told to rest. My urine sample was sent to the hospital to be cultured.
Anyhoo, i finished the antibiotics a few days ago and today i got a call from my dr asking me to come up to the surgery to do another urine sample as the hospital found an elevated level of white blood cells in my urine. I'm not too sure what to make of this Surely they would be expecting white cells to be there seeing as i had an infection? I really have no idea why they're re-testing me. So, i did the new sample and now i play the waiting game. I can't help but stress a little. I really thought that the antibiotics would have been the end of it but apparently not. Has anyone else been in this situation before? xx

Jlo: What a nightmare. You have the patience of a saint to deal with all this to-ing and fro-ing:hugs:

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok today and belated birthday wishes to all the birthday girls.
I'm still being as sick as ever, so fed up with it just want to be able to eat a decent meal and drink a big glass of water without throwing up again.
I was at Docs this morn for routine antenatal and my leukocytes were +++ so they've sent it off to lab and should have results by Thurs or Fri, would maybe explain why I've been peeing so much as haven't been able to sleep in weeks due to this and have been getting period type cramps and lower backache so don't know if these things are related or not. I'm just so tired and fed up and can't wait for it to be over.
My baby is engaged too and has been for a while now but my GP just writes engaged on my notes so I've no idea how many fifths or anything, hopefully it's well down there anyway.
Hope everyone is having a nice day, I'm just waiting on hubby coming home then I will be having my usual cup of tea and 2 slices of toast for my tea so bored of eating like this. 5 weeks and 2 days til I can have a proper meal again - I can't wait - pizza hut here I come!!

Mumof4 ~ Golly... You really haven't got long left... I agree with you though, you've gotta do what's best for your boy xxxx Hope all goes well...

Craftymum ~ Hey at least the end of the tunnel is in sight now... I know each day drags but as each day passes it's another one down...

Hello, ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day so far :) . I've had a puzzling one. About ten days ago i was feeling a bit under the weather so i paid the dr a visit. They did a bunch of tests and told me that i had protein in my urine. The dr reckoned that i had a uti and chest infection so was given antibiotics and told to rest. My urine sample was sent to the hospital to be cultured.
Anyhoo, i finished the antibiotics a few days ago and today i got a call from my dr asking me to come up to the surgery to do another urine sample as the hospital found an elevated level of white blood cells in my urine. I'm not too sure what to make of this Surely they would be expecting white cells to be there seeing as i had an infection? I really have no idea why they're re-testing me. So, i did the new sample and now i play the waiting game. I can't help but stress a little. I really thought that the antibiotics would have been the end of it but apparently not. Has anyone else been in this situation before? xx

Hi it's the kidneys that stop blood from mixing with urine, but if you've had an infection in the bladder/kidneys or another part of the urinary system you can get white blood cells in your urine. There are other reasons too, but it's most likely you've had another sample done to check the antibiotics have cleared up the uti and that no more wbc's are in your urine. If that makes sense.

Evening all,

Mumof4 ~ Hope everything goes well for your c-section. Lots & lots of :hugs: xx

Maffie ~ Thanks for the picture, if you OH is anything like mine, it won't last long! It looks so yummy! :D

Eswift ~ That does seem a bit daft them saying that. Of course you would get your sight fixed if there is an option to do so! Glad to hear the MW appointment went well too :D

Craftymum have you tried eating things you wouldn't normally eat? I liked ice cubes instead of water. The crunch made me feel like I was eating and stopped the dehydration process. Just think a few more weeks and baby will be here and the sickness will be gone

Kte - I'll be lucky if there is a slice for tomorrow. Can't do anymore baking till I go shopping as ive run out of eggs.

hi just thought id update as i havent been on in a few days =]

Had scan & consultant appointment today. Scan went well baby 7lb3oz, his head is measuring 40weeks3days!

Had consultant appointment [although you never see him!], Iv got to go back in on friday for monitering, just to make sure everything okay with baby :shrug: , Then iv got an appointment on tuesday with deffo consultant to talk about a stretch and sweep at 38 weeks :happydance: then hospital 2ce a week until baby is here :winkwink:

They giving me a sweep at 38 weeks, if that doesnt set me off they with an induction at 39weeks :thumbup:. Dreading sweep tbh cause i know how much it bloody hurts lol :cry: but yeah..

They also said if i get any less then 10 movements a day i need to go in for babies sake :cry:

Craftymum have you tried eating things you wouldn't normally eat? I liked ice cubes instead of water. The crunch made me feel like I was eating and stopped the dehydration process. Just think a few more weeks and baby will be here and the sickness will be gone
Yep tried everything since I was 6 weeks :wacko: but nothing worked even ice cubes or ice pops make me feel really sick, can't eat any rich or strong flavoured stuff and for some reason fluids just don't seem to stay down at all, all I'm doing now is counting the days and hoping I go early!

This is exactly what happened to me re. the white blood cells, although I havnt had any symptoms of a UTI.

My white cell count was 430 and normal range is 0-40!!!

Going on what I was told that level of white blood cells can only be treated by 2 antibiotics, both of which have to be given IV, normal tab antibiotics wont work.

I have to wait till tomorrow morning for my culture testing to come back with another white blood cell count before I know the next course of action, but best to get it treated while still pregnant rather than have to be admitted after delivery with a UTI.

Will keep you updated on my results and what happens :hugs: I know its a worry waiting x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->