Official October Team Bumpkins

When I was sorting out the tax from OH going back to work after being made redundant... I asked, about maternity etc she informed me then that once you start Maternity leave the only count your wages after deducting the first £100... Not sure if that's per week or not... LOL I've a feeling that it's per week... Otherwise what's the point? Not as though £100 goes far...

I was going to call them next week as I don't officially start my maternity leave until 10 October, I'm on sick leave this week; leave for 4 weeks and then my maternity starts...

I think I will call them when I start my leave as my maternity leave date is my due date!

Afternoon ladies

Well the last i heard from my OH was that his OP was around 3! so anytime now.. I am a bloody wreck and am keeping myself busy to help pass the time... But i havent got much left to do now :( Gonna do the small bit of washing up i have and thats it! Might be an afternoon of Sims to keep me occupied. To make matters worse our DS keeps asking if he can phone and speak to daddy :cry:

I hope everyone is ok.. will pop back on later when i have some news xx

Afternoon ladies

Well the last i heard from my OH was that his OP was around 3! so anytime now.. I am a bloody wreck and am keeping myself busy to help pass the time... But i havent got much left to do now :( Gonna do the small bit of washing up i have and thats it! Might be an afternoon of Sims to keep me occupied. To make matters worse our DS keeps asking if he can phone and speak to daddy :cry:

I hope everyone is ok.. will pop back on later when i have some news xx

Big :hugs:

Hello, ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day so far :) . I've had a puzzling one. About ten days ago i was feeling a bit under the weather so i paid the dr a visit. They did a bunch of tests and told me that i had protein in my urine. The dr reckoned that i had a uti and chest infection so was given antibiotics and told to rest. My urine sample was sent to the hospital to be cultured.
Anyhoo, i finished the antibiotics a few days ago and today i got a call from my dr asking me to come up to the surgery to do another urine sample as the hospital found an elevated level of white blood cells in my urine. I'm not too sure what to make of this Surely they would be expecting white cells to be there seeing as i had an infection? I really have no idea why they're re-testing me. So, i did the new sample and now i play the waiting game. I can't help but stress a little. I really thought that the antibiotics would have been the end of it but apparently not. Has anyone else been in this situation before? xx

Hi it's the kidneys that stop blood from mixing with urine, but if you've had an infection in the bladder/kidneys or another part of the urinary system you can get white blood cells in your urine. There are other reasons too, but it's most likely you've had another sample done to check the antibiotics have cleared up the uti and that no more wbc's are in your urine. If that makes sense.

That does make sense, thank you so much. I was just having a bit of a panic over the re-sample, something i would never even think twice about if i wasn't all pregnant and hormonal lol! It's amazing how much you stress over little things when the hormones start raging:)

:hugs: baby.love

I hope the op goes well and you're all ok. xx

Hello, ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day so far :) . I've had a puzzling one. About ten days ago i was feeling a bit under the weather so i paid the dr a visit. They did a bunch of tests and told me that i had protein in my urine. The dr reckoned that i had a uti and chest infection so was given antibiotics and told to rest. My urine sample was sent to the hospital to be cultured.
Anyhoo, i finished the antibiotics a few days ago and today i got a call from my dr asking me to come up to the surgery to do another urine sample as the hospital found an elevated level of white blood cells in my urine. I'm not too sure what to make of this Surely they would be expecting white cells to be there seeing as i had an infection? I really have no idea why they're re-testing me. So, i did the new sample and now i play the waiting game. I can't help but stress a little. I really thought that the antibiotics would have been the end of it but apparently not. Has anyone else been in this situation before? xx

This is exactly what happened to me re. the white blood cells, although I havnt had any symptoms of a UTI.

My white cell count was 430 and normal range is 0-40!!!

Going on what I was told that level of white blood cells can only be treated by 2 antibiotics, both of which have to be given IV, normal tab antibiotics wont work.

I have to wait till tomorrow morning for my culture testing to come back with another white blood cell count before I know the next course of action, but best to get it treated while still pregnant rather than have to be admitted after delivery with a UTI.

Will keep you updated on my results and what happens :hugs: I know its a worry waiting x

Jeezo, hon. That's heavy going. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Keep us updated :hugs:

Morning girls

Chaos:flower: Good luck with everything today, hope all goes to plan at both appointments.

Baby.love:hugs: hope the morning doesnt drag too much for you, I was thinking of you this morning (as I was lying in bed awake listening to oh snoring downstairs:dohh:) Fingers x for a quick recovery for your oh.

Well I phoned hospital this morning for my culture results and low and behold they were totally clear and normal!!!!!

Was told that the first sample must have been contaminated somehow, am slightly pissed off that they wanted to keep me in on Monday night and start pumping me with anti b's then and it was only my insistance to go home and come back the next morning that stopped that happening, would have had iv ant b's for absolutely nothing which cant be healthy surely?!?!

Anyway, I can now start to enjoy my mat leave and bounce my days away to hopefully get this little man out:happydance:

:hugs: to all x

Lol, i should have read all of the last day posts before i posted my last reply! I'm so glad your results came back clear, hon. I bet it's a total weight off your shoulders:happydance:

Thanks for all the well wishes girls.

Well he still hasnt gone down to theatre so he may not be home tonight! The person before him had just gone down so within the next hour and he should be in! just depends how he is after as to them letting him out tonight.

Be back again later xxx

Just looked at my ticker. 30 days till my due date!!! I'll be 36 weeks on friday & only 1 week 2 days until I'm techically considered full term. It's insane hoq quickly all this has gone. It only seems like a month ago I found out I was pregnant, but at the same time, I feel like it's been a lifetime. God, I just wanna meet my little boy!!!!!!!!

:hissy: I am getting so impatient now! He went down to theatre at 4 and i have just rung the hospital but he aint back on the ward yet.. The procedure takes anything from 30-60 mins so hopefully it wont be much longer till i know he is ok... I seriously am going out of my mind now, i just want him home with me :cry: I keep scaring myself that something has gone wrong. Flipping hormones :(

Sorry for the rant girls xx

Afternoon all

Baby.love :hugs: He may be in recovery a while, they aren't always the quickest at moving people from there to the wards.

Had lovely weather here today so blitzed lots and lots of washing. Just had a nice soak in the bath so feeling all chilled out. Sproglet has been bouncing about inside me today. Has anyone had any pain int here belly button. It's really sharp and im wondering if something is tugging on it or if the growing belly is making it hurt :shrug:

aw baby love I'm sure he is fine sometimes when they take people down it can be a while before they go in and then some people take a wee bit longer in recovery than others, try not to worry I'm sure he will be fine.

I went for hospital appointment today and mentioned that with the hyperemesis I hadn't gained any weight since I was about 24 weeks and the MW decided to scan me only to find that my baby is measuring small especially the stomach so I have to go back in 2 weeks for a rescan but it has me worried sick now as I know I'm not eating enough as I can't because of the sickness and I feel useless now like I'm not able to feed my baby properly, I know they take everything they need from us but when I can't eat what is needed or I throw it all up again what can I do, all I can eat is toast cheese sandwiches and some fruit and that's been me since I was 6 weeks. This pregnancy has been awful with the HG, and found out yesterday I may have a UTI (was up 12 times during night to pee and my back is in agony right now) and now my baby may be too small. I just feel so let down by my body right now as I haven't been able to do anything right and it really depresses me. Sorry for the moan, I hope you are all feeling ok today, I'm off to refill my hot water bottle again for my back. Hugs to everyone that needs them x

Well girls he wont be home till tomorrow :cry: I am in such a state as i cant even go see him due to our son... His mum is picking up some overnight things for him in a little while. Looks like a tea for 1 and then early to bed.. Catch you all later x

im getting some strong pains!

In my bum and fairy like a pushing stabbing pain! Iv just had a major one and it felt like he was trying to come out hurt so much!. Got slight tummy ache and pressure on my back.

How is everyone? Managed to get all clothes washed thank god lol. Off food shopping friday i can not wait lol we have no food in what so ever =[ then getting a new steraliser on sat =]

Well girls he wont be home till tomorrow :cry: I am in such a state as i cant even go see him due to our son... His mum is picking up some overnight things for him in a little while. Looks like a tea for 1 and then early to bed.. Catch you all later x
sorry you can't get to see him but you can relax a bit more now knowing that he is through his op and ok :hugs:

im getting some strong pains!

In my bum and fairy like a pushing stabbing pain! Iv just had a major one and it felt like he was trying to come out hurt so much!. Got slight tummy ache and pressure on my back.

How is everyone? Managed to get all clothes washed thank god lol. Off food shopping friday i can not wait lol we have no food in what so ever =[ then getting a new steraliser on sat =]

I got these last night really bad...had to squeeze hubby's hand through the pain. I've been told they're normal and you only need to start worrying if they develop a pattern to them.

I know what you mean about getting excited about shopping.....I'm going to the MW in the morning and then into town to generally do a bit of window shopping and pay in a cheque. It's great isn't it when life is measure in trips to ASDA! lol :dohh:

Evening Ladies...

Brambling went well... Gonna do the baking tomorrow morning... Then meeting neice for lunch... Should make a nice change...

I was glad the brambles are only in the field at the end of the street, after 30 mins I was buggered... I don't bend well at the moment, nor do I walk well... Came back home cleaned and washed the brambles all ready for the baking tomorrow...

I sat down for lunch, had a couple of yoghurts... Next thing DS is home from school, I'd got drawn in watching Bones, then Lie to me.. Needless to say I'm absolutely giggered now...

Baby.love ~ I'm sorry your OH has to stay in over night... Hopefully, he'll be home in the morning...

Craftymum ~ I can understand your concern, I've my fingered crossed that everything turns out good in the end... You've really had a duff deal from the start... No respite at all...

XTaylorMummy & Aimee-Lou ~ Guess we're all gonna end up with tightening, pains and upskittling from now until babes show their little faces... Lets just hope we don't end up with too many false starts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->