Officially overdue!!! Anyone else overdue wanna join me :)

Oooooh congratulations bella! Really hope I go on my own so I can have my natural birth.

Blade, the midwife who booked me in for induction said theyd try the pessary then breaking waters and if that didnt work I'd get the drip. So hopefully you wont have to have the drip if youve already got some signs! Youll have to let me know how you get on cos I'm terrified of induction I'm even dreaming about it arghhhh.

I know we will have to start a baby group lol I'm nervous about my Induction but if they do it by breaking my waters I will be much happier lol my back hurts so much I'm dreading propper labour now :(

Blade do you mind me asking why they have decided to induce you this early?

x x

Hello ladies!

Sorry to butt in, and then promptly butt out!
I managed to get a sweep done at one day overdue. 4 hours later thought I was having mild pain over the top of my usual BHs I've had for months .
Recalled the hubby from work at 3pm
Went to hospital at 5pm - felt a bit of a fraud as although they were now 40-60 seconds long and every 3 mins- they still weren't painful enough to need anything. Was 3cm dilated.
2 hours later she was born!!

10lb 1oz- my biggest yet. Very pleased that I didn't let the midwife get away with waiting until a week overdue like their protocol says for not-first-time-mums. As she was a bit of a chore to squeeze out!

All ok though.
Good luck! And see you in baby club :)

Aww congrats everyone who's had babies! Mollymoo I had reduced fetal movement yesterday and was monitored and he didnt move much! This is the second time it's happened so they decided as I'm over due just to induce him!

Just wish I knew what was going on with body!! Don't know when I'm meant to time the pain in my back or if they are even contractions! They hurt quite a bit lol

Congrats Bella!

Goodluck for tomorrow Bladesgirl.

I've actually had my induction deferred until Sunday now as I went for my 3rd sweep today and I'm 3-4cm and waters are bulging, so my midwife wanted to give me a couple more days for baby to come on its own. I'm having some tightenings, so hopefully this time they will ramp up to proper contractions and I'll be having my baby soon!

xx

All my pains stopped after going to sleep although I feel better for the sleep shame though! Hope everything is still ok tommorrow though as no pains now, no discharge I feel like I've gone backwards lol

That's good bobo good luck sounds like you will go on your own :)

Fingers crossed for you bobo, sounds like it will happen by itself!

Are you all sorted for tomorrow blade, well as sorted as you can be?

I think so!! Got snacks and stuff if they let me eat of course and I think I have everything for baby!! Just worried about pain lol!

Good luck, what time do you go in? Keep us all posted if you can and feel up to it, just think not long now until you have your baby in your arms!!!

Got to call in the morning if they aren't busy I can go at 10am I guess it just depends on how many babies are coming out tonight and tommorrow morning lol !!

I will keep updated!! I will have nothing to do other than wait out pain and play on phone lol

Well, this will be me tomorrow... :-/
Wondering if I'm doing something wrong and it's my own fault :-( haven't been terribly active, much to my disgust, and don't really use the birth ball as even at 75cm it's too small unless I pile cushions on top.
I have tried pineapple, spicy food qnd sex, none in crazy amounts but I have tried them...
I think I've given up :-/

Good luck today Blade, very excited for you!

Justme - if I've learnt anything over the past few weeks it's that babies are stubborn! If it doesn't want to come out it won't lol. I've tried absolutely EVERYTHING and mines still in there!

Just a quick update went into labour on my own over night but this morning I couldn't bare or any longer and had to come in! They think baby is back to back which is why I couldn't even breath through my contractions! I had morphine which was great but wore of pretty fast and still only 2cm in the end they have me an early epi as I wasn't coping at all and causing more stress than anything!

Epi is great can still feel loads of preasure but I can still cope! Unfortunately I came in at 8.30am and its now 7.30pm and only just reached 5cm so I'm getting induced anyway lol but that are having to wait as baby seems to be having sleepy moments but he's picked up now so should be induced any min!! They think are hoping to have him here by 1-2 am lol

I'm so super hungry though but they do keep giving me lucazade :)

In really pleased that you went by yourself! Sorry that it's been so tough but how amazing that by tomorrow you will have your baby in your arms!

I've been given an induction date for Thursday.

Hope all goes well the rest of the night x x

The induction isn't that bad to be fair defo can feel contractions through my epi though!

Hope all is going well an cant wait to here that baby has arrived! :thumbup:

How are you doing Mizzy? I'm booked to be induced on Thursday if baby hasn't made an appearance by then. Feelin very frustrated that my homebirth seems to be going out of the wIndow.

Good luck ladies! I was super anxious about being induced but it went well and quickly. They started the pitocin Wednesday night at 10:30 and baby was out at 3 am Thursday so less than 5 hours start to finish. Wishing you all happy and healthy babies soon! Waiting sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->