Offshoot thread: What if Time used an image like this?

O

Ozzieshunni

54324739225485541_xtY7aO02_c.jpg

Is this better? Do you think people would still make horrible comments?

I think people will make horrible comments no matter what. :( I like this image too, shows a playful side to BF.

oh i love it look at how the girl is hugging her mummy in the top of the frame!

i think people would still judge though because the discussion topic is still one where there is little understanding of the personal and medical reasoning behind ebf so there would still be the same old comments

Although....using a much more realistic and natural shot such as this one would erase the arguement of the mothers motive behind appearing on the cover and would have done so much more for the ebf debate. lets face it probably a very large percentage of people who have expressed an opinion on the cover (i mean worldwide not just here) will not have read the article about it, i think there is enough on the cover for the people who are negative over bf or ebf to be able to maintain an arguement against it eg. using the boy, his peers will make fun of him, the title of it (poorly thought out title i must add) the age of the child, the childs expression, the unnatural look of it - use of stool and body language... i could go on. at least with a cover like this people would see a very very loving and happy little girl in the top of the picture, a very happy looking mother, the childs face that is feeding is obscured, the shot is not a down your throat intimidating shot. to get an arguement beyond that child looks big you would have to actually read the article and in doing so a few people may actually learn something about ebf .......

I think LESS people would make comments, but sadly some people still wouldnt agree with it. I do think this shows extended breastfeeding in a much better light though because it looks so natural.

The time magazine cover looked quite cold and not natural (i mean the position they were in wasnt natural btw, not the actual act of breast feeding!) x

Really like this photo. I liked the Time one too, shows all different women breastfeed and extend breastfeed.

I don't think it would stop the comments though.

As an aside, does anyone know if it's possible to read this magazine online? I would love to read the Full Time Pumping article.

I really like this photo till i see a girl what looks like she should have outgrown breast feeding along time ago! But thats just me! sorry dont want to offend anyone!

xxxx

theres no way id bf my lo and her childs age,i find it a bit odd but he each to their own:shrug:

I really like this photo till i see a girl what looks like she should have outgrown breast feeding along time ago! But thats just me! sorry dont want to offend anyone!

xxxx

You shouldnt apologise for that feeling, im sure there are a lot of people who feel the same. And I very much doubt that you will offend any EBF's because you are polite in how you worded it.:flower:

This is a beautiful image but I agree, I think you'd get much the same response. I actually like the TIME picture too, I think it's strong and confident. "I'm feeding my child and I don't care whether you like it or not." I guess it's confrontational on purpose and I do agree that it won't change anyone's mind. But I think neither would this. It's beautiful to me but I would imagine the anti-ebf (or anti-bf-in-public) brigade would still find it disgusting and unnatural and all those other nasty things you typically hear about ebf. I guess this is a bit like a gay couple holding hands in the park whereas the TIME cover is like a gay pride parade, feather boas and all. Neither will convert the haters but they each help the cause of creating equality by showing defiance to criticism, just in very different tones.
Anyway, I think it's sad that this has to be such a big debate. Live and let live I say! I'm not convinced LO will be breastfed at age 3 but if a mother chooses to ebf, I say more power to her! (Same goes for a mother who chooses not to bf btw. It's every woman's right to choose how to nurture her child, whether that means getting her breasts out or not. It's a feminist issue. We can't let society tell us to breastfeed or to stop breastfeeding, it's no-one's place to dictate how we nurture our children).

ohhh i havent read the article......ohhh girls age...... i wouldnt place her over two i dont think she is three so going for two!

LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! fantastic! so lovely and natrual,they all look relaxed and happy! what a contrast to the magazine picture! good one ozzie :thumbup:

I would say shes around 2-3! and the other little girl looks around 1 and a half!

xxxx

Nothin bad to be said but she looks around 5 n IMO that's too old to be wantin n need breast milk / breast fed out n about n durin the day.

It is a better pic than the one before but still not to my likin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->