OH has managed to improve his sperm mobility! Amazing!

babyloulou

1 beautiful baby boy!
Reaction score
I have PCOS and don't ovulate. We haven't used contraception for 5 years and were hoping it would "just" naturally happen eventually. Been doing acupuncture for 3 years now. (never even had periods before acupunture- it has brought back an irregular cycle - but still no ovulation:wacko:)

We went for our fertility appt 2 months ago after my HSG and were devastated to be told that OH's sperm mobility was zero- not one single sperm was doing as it should!! We had always assumed he would be fine (until we did 2 home sperm tests 6 months ago and both were negative- but we were just hoping the home tests were crap and didn't mean anything!) :dohh:

Doctor the said only option was IVF with ICSI. He wanted to redo the sperm test to check it wasn't a dodgy test and referred us to the IVF clinic at the same time. So since then we have been in limbo waiting to hear about IVF...

...anyway OH has had a phone call this morning from a very shocked nurse at the consultant's office to discuss his re-test. She said although it is still nowhere near perfect there has been a very marked improvement in mobility and the consultant now wants to see us again to discuss clomid!! :happydance:

Yay- we are so in shock!! OH changed his lifestyle quite dramatically between tests- but there wasn't even 3 months between the tests (which is what everyone says is needed between tests to see any difference) - we didn't expect this at all!!

So instead of a Christmas knowing we have to wait for an IVF consultation- we now have an appt on xmas eve back at the hospital to discuss Clomid!!

So don't give up on the male factor - sperm can be improved sometimes!!!

could u tell us what he did pls? We hav mf issues... My db is fit+exersises, drinks like 1 alco drink every 4months...!! Eats ok too + takes vits, but we will try sum new things if u hav any tips...good luck, so glad u hav good news x

Nice work!:thumbup: Hoping your bfp is just round the corner now, seems like all the boxes are being ticked! Fingers are so crossed for you hun!xxx:hugs:

Good Luck!!!! I'd also like to know what your OH did! We'll try anything :haha: I hope the Clomid is just what you need :hugs:

Thanks everyone!!

This might be a bit long - but i know I looked for other experiences about improving S.A results at the time so here goes ...

He has done so, so well! He asked the doctor while we were there if there was anything he could do before the next test in 8 weeks time and the doctor said there wasn't anything that would make enough difference as his mobility was so low! We walked out of the appointment and my OH basically said "I won't believe it until I have tried my hardest"... :growlmad:

.. we went home and researched on here and the rest of the net and he did the following things

*he cut out alcohol almost completely (apart from an odd night every few weeks)- this was the biggest change as he has always been a very regular drinker- a couple a night kind of bloke with a few blowouts on weekends.

*He was already taking Wellman but added Zinc, Selenium, fish oils and Vitamin C.

*He was already playing squash once a week, but also joined a fitness group thing where he goes training 3 times a week and does runs and stuff!

*He went to my acupuncturist and also took chinese herbs for the 8 weeks.

*I changed what we were eating and we added spinach to all salads and dinners (for the zinc) and he also ate a few brazil nuts every day (even though he is not fond of them!!). He cut down on carbs and only ate wholemeal carbs when he did eat them.

In 8 weeks he has actually started changing his body shape- he was always slim but now he looks really fit and healthy.

I am so proud of him- because as bad as it sounds I just went a bit down after the appointment and just didn't think he could make any difference. So I carried on "enjoying" the wine and resigned myself to the fact we were waiting for IVF! He did it all by himself (with me sat in the background wondering where he was getting all his willpower from!) :blush:

Doctor says it is still no where near perfect- but a massive improvement on the last test! To say after the last test the doctor said "not one single sperm was moving forwards- there's no hope of treatment working- you will have to go straight to IVF" to now saying "I am not sure how it can have changed so much- but let's give clomid a try!" I think OH has done a hell of a job!! He's very happy about how nice I am being to him! :hugs:

So now we just have to get me ovulating! :dohh:

That is totally awesome. Your OH deserves some major kudos for determination and will. I wish you both the best in creating the family you dream of.

How fantastic you must be very proud of him, I know I would be. Mine DP is expecting his results any day now and we are both a bit nervous but he has already said that if they are not good he will be making changes to his life style. This is very encouraging. Good luck to you both with the clomid I hope you get the BFP you so obviously deserve. :flower:

Thanks everyone! Good luck to everybody! Let's hope we are all comparing BFP's soon!!

Hope your OH's results are good Nise!

xxxx

Thanks Babybeehopes- good luck to you too!

(just thought of one more- he cut out all baths and took showers instead- oh and he also stopped using his laptop on his "lap" and only used it on the table) xxx

Finbally back on-line! Yay! Thought I'd been kicked off :cry:

that is such fantastic news!! really goes to show how much difference lifestyles can make.

i need to convince hubby to give up smoking and drinking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->