Ok Girls I'm not crazy lol Whatcha think?

BryttanysBaby

Expecting number 2 <3
Reaction score
Well I only had one ultrasound when I was 7 weeks. It was a fast ultrasound and he didn't look around much.( He was in a hurry) Well I got a home doppler at 13 weeks and I have been picking up two heartbeats. One is in the 150's-160's the other is in the 140's. I know neither heartbeat is mine and I know you can pick up a heartbeat from the umbilical cord but its a swishy heartbeat.(I've found two of those too) One is all the way to my right hip bone and the other is right in the middle more towards my belly button. What do you think? Could that blob in the corner of the ultrasound be another baby? Or am I totally crazy? lol

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 174
oo you could be right i can see what you mean definatley then again are u sure the blob is babys head and baby is upside down? i'd mention it to your midwife x

Interesting, maybe its twins?? - Never heard of this before. I've never had it happen to me so not sure.. Best speak to your midwife??

They don't always catch them on the scans when its that early depending on positions, so I would definitely mention it to ur midwife.

I am soo nervous for my 20 week scan it's in 10 days!! ahhh Someone said maybe its the placenta? But I have never seen a placenta like that in an ultrasound. My mom has 7 kids and is convinced I am having twins lol

That could be the yolk... but I don't know why there would be two heartbeats.

I'm shit at looking at ultrasounds, lol.. but I wanted to add that I used to own a home doppler ( before it drove me nuts ) and I'd always pick up two separate heartbeats. One slower than the other and either under or on the opposite side even. I was also convinced, haha but I have only one baby boy in there :) I've read it's common to pick up two due to all the echoes.

Well I guess I'll see in 10 daysss yayyy and No I never got a 12 week ultrasound :[ It sucks.

Maybe you are having twins! I have no clue though :haha:. I also only had one scan back when I was 8 weeks for dating purposes. I never had the 12 week scan that everyone on here seems to get. My insurance only covers the 20 week scan and then any that are deemed medically necessary like the dating one. I just can wait to finally see my baby again. It's been a long stretch not seeing him/her!

My mom had the same issue when she was pregnant with me. She didn't have an ultrasound yet at that point but they did pick up an echo of my heartbeat.

As it is VERY obvious this 'blob' i would say was the yolk sac lol. Alot of people find two heartbeats and its coz one comes from the placenta as that pulses too and the other would be the baby. Im sure something obvious lookin a sonographer would say that you've got twins, but at 7 weeks you dont have a placenta jus the yolk. but GL tho x

Heres my first scan pic with my son, head is on the right then body then rump, and that 'blob' or round thing is the yolk sac

teejay 7w 6d.jpg

Yea maybe.. I knew I was crazy lol I saw the yolk sac though and it was a perfect round circle on the ultrasound. Maybe he caught a weird angle from it or something lol

i used to pick up LO's heartbeat in 2 or 3 different places. the home ones aren't very good quality and echo a lot. baby's heart beat is always fluctuating, so it can easily go up and down.

do you have one that shows you the rate of the heartbeat? if so find both places and then alternate between them as fast as you can. thats what we do in clinic if we have ladies who are having twins :) it is very tricky to do though.

happy and healthy 9 months x

That could be the yolk... but I don't know why there would be two heartbeats.

my thoughts too - we will find out soon though exciting!! Do you find 2 HB's at the same time or you know one after each other in different places or do you find one at one time and another later??

HB can range from 110-160 and when baby wriggles the heart rate gets faster so that could be the reason...don't look at doppler numbers count the beats per minute for an entire minute and that will give you an accurate reading as dopplers are not always precise.... hth x

Yea I have a doppler with a digital heartbeat display. Its similar to the ones at the doctors. I can find them right after another. Sometimes the faster one is a little hard to find but sometimes I find them immediately after one another and no mistaking the hbm because I have it right in front of me lol : ]

no I know they are the digi ones but just saying that in labour mw's do not look at the display they count the HB anyway it will be okay if twins things will work and be v exciting!! if you are concerned then I would tell ur mw or dr and get another scan before if you can so you know..!? good luck

no I know they are the digi ones but just saying that in labour mw's do not look at the display they count the HB anyway it will be okay if twins things will work and be v exciting!! if you are concerned then I would tell ur mw or dr and get another scan before if you can so you know..!? good luck

if you were looking for twins this wouldnt work because of the heart rate fluctuating, so we do as i posted above x

Oooh think you could be right! Your scan at 7 weeks is so much bigger than mine at 6 weeks. I'll attach to show ya :)

Attachments

• P1000369.jpg
    P1000369.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012