ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Well ladies, i'm back from my scan and a very happy lady.
Everything looks perfect, and my cervix is long and closed :happydance:
In fact, my cervix is measuring LONGER than it did before! It measured 4.3cm today! and it's still tightly closed which is really good.
I'm starting to think this pregnancy might actually continue until term!

Heart looked really good - she checked loads of stuff: chambers, valves, blood flow, etc. It all looked good.

She is 80% certain that i will NOT develop pre-eclampsia which is really good.

The stomach and kidneys looked good, as did other organs.

He has 10 fingers and 10 toes - and long legs (they measured a week ahead of everything else)! His one foot measured 4cm already!

and he is very definitely a boy and proud of it! :haha:

Oh, and he has turned around. Last scan he was head down with his feet near my belly button. This time his feet are on my cervix and his head by my belly button! But the lady said that at this stage they turn and move so often that it doesn't mean anything. She said he could have even been head down in the waiting room and then head up in the scan. So he could even be head down again now. She said they keep moving up utnil 36 weeks. Then at 36 weeks they get stuck and can't turn anymore. So position doesn't mean anything until that time.

and my placenta has moved up even more :happydance:
It started off right over my cervix.
she said that at 32 weeks it stops moving. At that point they want it at least 5cm away from the cervix. Mine is already 5.5cm away!

He's already 409g and approximately 24cm head to heel (she said it's difficult to get an exact length now as they no longer fit on the screen).

All in all, a very good appointment :D

First pic is his foot. In the last pic he's lying in a very relaxed pose with his arm behind his head.

yay for a long and closed cervix! :happydance: so glad everything is perfect and love the pics, the profile one is sooooo cute :cloud9:

booby party for flying tomorrow!!!! :happydance::baby::happydance::baby:
omg you are already going into 3rd tri, dew and I gotta get into 1st hang on wait for us!!!!

today I went into a baby shop for the first time! theres a new one opened near me
https://www.snugglebugz.ca/
so I thought Id go and take a look, Im always looking for cute things for my best friend in england who had a baby a year ago. OMG I loved so many things in that store!!! there was soooooo much nice furniture and accessories including a rocker chair that you can get made in any fabric and this really modern looking bassinet thing (I love modern design so Im a sucker for anything like that) actually found it here
https://www.montedesign.net/bassinet.html
I was getting all excited for the first time about baby stuff so it was nice. just need a bloody baby now!!!! :dohh:

nothing else new, oh went for reflexology today and will go on saturday too. funnily enough my ovary area on my foot was sore in the same spot both sides. hope that means some good eggs are brewing each side, but not too many....want quality not quantity!

*sigh* how many days till monday?

That bassinet is cute but wow expensive! I took pictures of Bella's new clothes and added them to my nursery link album.

That bassinet is cute but wow expensive! I took pictures of Bella's new clothes and added them to my nursery link album.

very cute!! wow amazing that you will have a warm lovely baby in those clothes soon :cloud9:

I can't wait. I am going to have to take new nursery pics when I can get Dh to finish the furniture and hang up the pieces.

Sarah: Cute bassinet. I like that it is compact and not too deep but man! It's so expensive :) once the baby arrives we have to start saving for his or her college fund too :)

Oh! I forgot to share the photos of the rocking chair!
Jasmine is modelling it for you (lol! Our cats are a bit nutty, and love to be swung/rocked...)
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2526-1.jpg

and a close up of the leather-work that mum did on the back
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2525.jpg

remember, this is how I broke my BFP news to mum; I told her "I know what I want for my birthday this year.... The rocking chair!" My birthday isn't until september, but I didn't really care about it for my b'day, it was just a fun way to break it to mum! LOL! The inscription on the back made it pretty obvious what I was actually saying to her!!! heh. And this is the chair I was breast-fed in as a baby, as well as my three siblings! I've grown up playing in this chair, and soon the next generation can...!

wow flying, first off,,,, HAPPY THIRD TRI !!!!!!!! :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

that rocking chair is so nice and your mums work on the back that says "mums chair" wow .. must be so special to you. xx

i cant believe youre in third tri already !! in less than 3 months, youre having a baby !!! xxx

Sarah, nice pics ! that bassinett is lovely. xx only 3 days till monday !! dont worry, it will come soon., xx

lol Baby, a few more hours to go yet; it's only just 6:30pm here and I am not officially into the third tri until tomorrow, my time (or after midnight I suppose...) but thank you! heh. And yeah, the rocking chair is a fairly cheap kit-set thing, but it has a LOT of sentimental value... I remember as a little kid, I'd be kneeling on the floor leaning on the chair tracing the patterns with my finger... The seat has a similar pattern inscribed on it (you can sorta see it under Jasmine), though without any words so I'd follow the patterns with my finger all the time... heh. I've found photos of me as a little kid with that chair in the background! Can't wait to share it with the next generation... it's these simple things I think I love the most!!!

What a wonderful memory to be able to pass down in the form of a rocking chair. I love it. I had a handmade cradle that my grandpa made and used for my mom's siblings (she's the eldest and they didn't have it for her) and my cousin used it for his son, and it was given to me as it was assumed (2 years ago) that I'd be next. But it had to be left behind when we moved :(

Happy 16 weeks NDH :dance:
Happy 21 weeks Huggles :flower:
Happy 22 weeks Sheryl :kiss:

Sarah that's lovely that you're getting excited about baby stuff! :D I clicked on the link to the bassinet thinking *how do they make these modern looking???* It wasn't what I was expecting, but I do like it a lot. It would work very very well in a modern designed house :thumbup:

Preethi.. Lovely news about the kicks!! :yipee:
Huggles... gorgeous pics of little man, and great news about the cervix... you must be one happy Mummy to be right now! :thumbup:
Dew.. not long now! :dust: to you sweets! Hoping this is your month!

Flying... what a lovely way to break the news to your Mum! Also lovely that something is passed down the generations. :cloud9: We have something that started a generation ago. Mike's Mum's side of the family are Sicilian and Mike's Aunt Maria made her own wedding dress. My MIL then had that same dress, although altered to suit her (so change of style and length etc etc) They then decided to make the dress into a Christening gown and Mike's cousins and him and his sister were all Christened in it. Mike's oldest cousin then had two kids and both were Christened in it... she then passed it to us and Lottie was Christened in it! :D So it's currently in our cupboard waiting for this bubs to arrive and it'll be passed on to either Mike's sister or one of his cousins whoever gets pregnant next! :D I think it's sweet! :cloud9: Also helps that it's a gorgeous material and does not look 33 years old :)

Here is a pic of Lottie (asleep) at her Christening (7 weeks old). In the pic left to right are My MIL, my SIL (Godmother to Lottie) my brothers ex girlfriend but good friend to Mike and I (also a Godmother to Lottie), Me and Lottie, my Brother (Godfather to Lottie), Mike, my FIL :)

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v5017/188/83/770885105/n770885105_7275576_4331476.jpg?dl=1

The kicks have stopped and were only vaguely prominent on that one day, so yeah but i did feel it nevertheless.. x

Flying, what does it matter a couple of hours, youre still practically into third tri !! so :woohoo:

Mummy, i am unable to see the pic at the moment, sat at a coffee shop with my laptop and most sites arent working well, will check it out later though, im sure she looks damn cute ! xx thats so cool about the christening dress, must be lovely to have such things to treasure.

oh i can see the pic now mummy, she is so cute and thats a very nice pic of you and family. xx

Flying: I liked your rocking chair story last time too and am loving the chair now....it's so beautiful! I don't think we have anything that is being passed on from generations in our family :nope:

Happy 3rd trimester! :happydance: Hoping you are officially in there now :thumbup:

Wow! Time does go by fast.

My friend who was about 4 weeks ahead of me is already prepared to deliver her baby anytime soon. As I move closer to my EDD, I realize more and more how unfortunate I am :nope:

Mummy: that's a beautiful picture...you all look great and Lottie is so cute in that Christening dress :) thanks for sharing!

NY: have you disappeared because you are in that camp? Hope you are doing well!

Flying: I liked your rocking chair story last time too and am loving the chair now....it's so beautiful! I don't think we have anything that is being passed on from generations in our family :nope:

Happy 3rd trimester! :happydance: Hoping you are officially in there now :thumbup:

Wow! Time does go by fast.

My friend who was about 4 weeks ahead of me is already prepared to deliver her baby anytime soon. As I move closer to my EDD, I realize more and more how unfortunate I am :nope:

:hugs: Our due date for the baby we lost in November was 8th June. I completely understand how you feel and how it must be even MORE tough on you as you've not yet fallen pregnant again! Have you thought about doing anything on the day? a nice meal with hubby? Setting a balloon free? planting a tree/rose/favourite flower?

I hope that before long you are expecting again my dear! But take your time to grieve! :hugs:

Thank you and Preethi for the lovely comments! :cloud9: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->