ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I imagine Indian women as really really beautiful with all of their traditional stuff on and makeup and jewelry so dont worry about any laughter here! Can't wait to see Preethi. Do all Indian women just have a ton of sari's in their closet? Or do you borrow one?

My OH will think it's hot:)

So I have just returned from training for Girlscout camp. WHY did I volunteer to do this? It was 90+ degrees out, stale air, and the huge horse flies buzz around your head in clouds. Its aweful. And this camp is much more primitive than I thought. I think thats what I mean to say. Its waaaaaaaaay waaaaaay wilderness like. I expected buildings, and pool, and air conditioning, and real bathrooms. NOPE. We have little camp areas that are miles from anything that we walk to up hills, through woods, and they have spider webs everywhere and an outhouse at each one and OH my gosh. I will update tomorrow after our first day if i've survived. My huge bump and me are NOT happy!!! Im exhausted after a 2 hr training and its 8 hours long all day outside not inside at all! Hope the children have fun.....

So this is my life for this week. I am thinking I need a week off after weeks of working my ass off at the hospital and now this?!?!?

Flying- good luck with your results on the GD test! I haven;t even scheduled mine yet. With as huge as my belly got so fast, im nervous that i've got it. I have to do that in like 2 weeks.

Hi everyone else:)

omg ny that sounds awful, even when not pregnant so cant imagine when you are!!!! I hope you can survive it!!! if not at least you have a good excuse!

Hey :hi: to all! Hope you all had great weekend!

NY: I agree with Sarah, it's been so hot here in Minnesota lately, I can't imagine spending a day like yours out in the sun....hope you stay hydrated and well rested.

I had a wonderful time with friends at lunch and when they all left I slept for 1 and half hours so feeling great right now :thumbup:

Sarah: hoping Clomid will be as responsive again as last time and IUI is painless for you. I understand it's a big step forward and hope you benefit from it soon :hug:

Preethi: Have fun at baby shower, try to enjoy it without feeling embarrassed :) you are so beautiful, you will look great in Indian sari.

Sheryl and Sarah: DH has a very good Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan through his company, unless it is a definite rule that fertility treatments are not covered by any insurance, I think we might be covered, will let you all know when I get to talk to them.

We never had insurance through a big group so hope yours is covered.

2 more days til my next scan - 21 week FA scan on wednesday midday.

Ny, god its so hot, i cant imagine you had to do all that, maybe take a break from work !! when do you start maternity anyway ??

Dew, glad you enjoyed lunch and had a good day !! xx

Sarah, cant wait to hear about this cycles IUI fx'd.......x xx

25 weeks for me today, had my babyshower, i wouldnt say it was fun but it was ceratinly colourful. the reason i say so is because my family is not traditionally indian, well the fact that they were ok with me marrying a white english guy older than me itself speaks volumes, but they wanted me to be happy. Secondly, ive never liked wearing the indian dress, i was brought up in dubai and never really owned many pairs of indian clothes and would only wear them to indian functions etc.

Ny, most indian women do have tons of saris and other kinds of indian wear, AFM, i dont own or have a single pair at the house i live in with dh. my old indian wear that dosent fit me anymore is probably still at mums. there are many different types of indian saris, mine was more south indian type because thats where our ancestors and family etc are from.. i had to wear 20 odd bangles on each hand ,have flowers in my hair and go through some very weird traditional customs that they do example put coins on your shoulders for luck or something and paste some colourful finger length red stuff on the sides of your face etc..

nevertheless, my mum paid a whole lot of money and spent a lot on this whole function and she wanted to do it for me so i went through with it to keep her happy and she was in the end. x it was kind of fun, but not my thing !

2 pics from my camera to follow on the next post.

I hope everyone else is doing ok !! Huggles cant wait to hear about your FA scan !

owned man

Happy 25 weeks babyhopes!

Glad the babyshower went well, even if not entirely your 'thing'. Glad you're mum's happy.

lol dont know where that random "owned man" came from on my previous post.

Pic 1 - food , sweets, fruits arranged as part of tradition

Pic 2 & 3 - me in sari and flowers etc

4 - someones kid at my shower lol. x

i will be having a proper normal shower sometime in september.. oh and i think yesterday afternoon and evening i felt muffled kicks but everytime i put my hand or dh's hand it stopped.. i sure hope it is what i was feeling.. it happens after a meal usually.

Attachments

• DSCF0518.jpg
    DSCF0518.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0519.jpg
    DSCF0519.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0520.jpg
    DSCF0520.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0521.jpg
    DSCF0521.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 6
The food looks lovely and you look lovely in your sari!
That does sound like you felt kicks - i usually notice more after eating, and they very often stop as soon as i put my/dh's hand there to feel them. Sometimes even just lifting my shirt to look makes them stop! I think our babies are stubborn LoL
Sometimes if you keep your hand there for about 5 min though (without moving) then they will start again, but not always.
So glad you finally felt some!

Did you say you don't get any presents at the traditional shower?

oh sorry about that forget to mention, they dont give presents for the baby as its considered bad luck to buy anything until after its born, but i got presents, i got some nice mothercare maternity wear, and a whole bath set from fruits and passion, another top and a chain and earring set and a couple of other things.. at the proper shower though, i will be expecting baby presents !! lol

thanks for the reassurance huggles, i will take your advice on the hand bit !

Nice that you got some presents - presents are always nice, whether they're for baby or for yourself!

Preethi -- I'm not sure why but I expected your sari to have a lot more colorfulness to it. I was surprised to see it was primarily black. You look so beautiful in your sari! I am glad you at least weren't miserable at your shower. The food looks good too. I think that is definitely baby if it's consistently after you eat. I know there are some patterns for my movements and some are when I am hungry or when I am full.

Baby had hiccups this morning about 7:30 and couldn't get rid of them so I stayed awake after. :)

you look beautiful preethi!!! I was thinking it was going to be well over the top but that looks lovely...lve the colours. even though it wasnt your thing its so nice for you to be able to share with your mum. Im assuming you wont be passing down much of the culture to your bubs if you dont follow many traditions so she will have an interesting nanny to visit....what are grandma's called in indian?

Preethi, you look lovely :) your mom must be so happy and proud on your baby shower :hugs: thanks for sharing the pics. Happy 25 weeks and yay for feeling baby movements :thumbup:

Huggles, good luck for your 21 week scan!

Sheryl, i know what you mean, during south indian baby showers, they tend to wear black and its not the fancy type of sari you see on tv etc which is why i said it would be different. xx

sarah, i dont think ill be passing much..dont know why but my vision of bringing up my child is completely different from the way i was brought up and prefer dh's way of life. when you ask what are grandmas called in indian, there are over god knows how many different languages in india, so it depends on which language you are asking about ! we are far too diverse with too many different languages and accents and dialects to count.. xxx

sheryl, i hope the movements will be more consistent. i still use the doppler everyday and am looking forward to my appointment on the 23rd ! xx

Huggles... good luck for scan! :flower:

Preethi... You look so very beautiful hun.. thanks for sharing the pictures! Your daughter is going to be gorgeous! :cloud9: Can't wait to see her! :D
On that note... Happy 25 weeks and :dance: YEY for movement!!! :yipee: I hope you get it more and more and more! :D

You are definitely getting your money worth on the doppler. :-D

sure am sheryl, dont know what id do without it.. glad i spent that $ 59.00

but it seems to be a little crazy today or maybe its baby, i keep hearing muffled heartbeats could be baby moving, i dont feel the movement but hear very muffled heartbeats..

dh keeps saying stop using that doppler you are giving LO a headache !! lol i only use once a day in the morning..

Oh, you look gorgeous Preethi!!! Thank you for the pics! And congrats on 25 weeks; only a couple of weeks until third trimester now!!! Can you believe it!? And ooooooooooo YAY for movements!!! I can definitely say that even though I'm feeling a lot of movement now, it still invariably stops if I put my hand on my tummy to feel a kick...! It's usually like one wee kick that makes me go 'oh!' and put my hand where it kicked.... only to wait and wait and it does nothing more! lol. Hubby only feels the kicks when we're spooning in bed really, we're laying there chatting and his hand is across my tummy; not really TRYING to feel them, just relaxing and bub will do some sporadic kicks whenever it feels like it!! When it DOES kick a number of times in a row, it's still often a long pause in between (well, it FEELS like a long pause when you're waiting...)

So yup, I think it's normal still! lol! Snuggle up on the couch with hubby and relax, it might kick when you're feeling it, or it might not! But don't give up hope... :hugs:

I never updated after the dog show in the weekend, but I'm VERY pleased with my girl, who has *finally* got her official "Rally Novice" title! It doesn't really mean anything, except that she got at least 90%, at least three times, in a novice round of rally obedience... But it's an official title so I'm proud of her to have gotten it! hehe. We blew one round (bouncing around like an idiot) but the second round got our final qualifying score we needed so I was happy!!

This weekend is another dog show, but it's a breed/confirmation show so I'm not entered at all, I'm just stewarding all day. Thankfully this is my last dog show to steward for now, as I've turned down all the next ones due to being preg! It's a looooooooong day (usually 8am until at least 5pm) of standing and concentrating and getting frazzled at the usually equally frazzled competitors! lol. After then though, our antenatal classes start! woop!

More scary though is the fact I hit the third trimester this week...!!!

Well done on the dog show and your little lady getting her official title Flying!

And yay for almost third tri! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->