ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

NDH, hope you are able to sort out the dilemma and decide if you want to find out along with dh or not.. this is a personal decision only the two of you can make .. xxx

Flying, awesome bump pic !! xx

Welcome back NY! :hugs: glad you are done with camp and doing well. Hope you get enough rest soon!! :flower:

NDH: congrats on scan date :thumbup: and thanks a bunch for giving me the wonderful idea of having the sonographer write the gender on a (hand-made) card, reading it later at home while snuggled together with DH and later making it part of baby album :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I am loving it! We don't want to be team yellow so I am liking this idea. Hope DH likes it too, sometimes he doesn't get such things easily. I hope you don't mind me replicating your idea...you'll anyways be the first to use it if you do decide to go this way. :hugs:

Hello to everyone :hi: and TGIF :happydance:

Glad you like the idea Dew - I hope you get to use it soon :)

I borrowed it from someone else so you can certainly have it too lol. (The other day I read of someone who was reading the piece of paper with the gender on it at her anniversary dinner with DH. The only part I added was doing it on a handmade card).

Sarah, my only suggestion other than what has already been mentioned is for you to use softcups after a quick BD in NY. That way you can move around without fear of losing spermies. Gravity will still be working against you if you are walking around but who knows may be walk movements help cervix to open and suck things up :wacko:

I just hope your first IUI experience is painless and comfortable and wish so much it is successful too :thumbup: Keeping FXed everything goes well in next 3 weeks.

I forgot are you still going to Vegas?

Thanks NDH! Excited to know which way you decide to go :happydance:

HAPPY 3rd TRIMESTER FLYING!!!! :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: (booby dance in your honour!)

Dew, glad you'll be thinking of doing something special in Sept! :hugs: Fingers crossed you'll be preggers by then too! :dust:

NY, welcome back hun!! :flower:

NDH... how cool if you do decide to find out the gender! Fabulous idea! :thumbup: My hubby is so resolved on team yellow he'd never sway (Perhaps a bit like your Mum then?) :haha: Oh and thanks for the great explanation on the different stages (IUI, IVF etc) I get so confused!

Sarah, nearly Monday my dear! Here's hoping that you wont have to worry about how to deal with :sex: and New York! :hugs:

I wish my hubby was resolute like yours Mummy lol. At first I was the one wanting to be team :yellow: and DH wanted to find out, now he doesn't care "whatever you want" he says and my resolve is slowly slipping...

We will see though. For the next three weeks I will try to visualise how awesome it will be to find out for ourselves at the birth.

im pooped !! so DH and i went this evening on a massive shopping spree for LO at mothercare and ended up bying absolutely everything on the list, except for small things like nappies and toiletries and soft toys which we would buy later, but instead bought clothes, body suits, mittens, play mat, bottle set, mattress, blankies, the whole lot,., and mind you a baby does not come cheap, i was simply calculating out of interest how much we have already spent on the baby and it came upto 11,000 dirhams my currency.. which would be £1833 and $3013 american respectively, we still have the whole breast pump set etc to buy and maybe few more clothes which im expecting as presents from the family.

NDH... LOL... I can tell you that you'll probably be pleased either way! (Sounds weird but it's true) If you wait till the end, you'll be so pleased you did as you get to find out on the day you meet baby what it is. It is a very special thing! But equally... if you find out the sex you'll be pleased because you can start getting a few pink/blue items in and narrow the names down or even have one decided... so you'll be pleased when you meet little one on the day! :thumbup: You can't go wrong either way!

Preethi... WOW.. what a shopping trip! Bet you are glad that most of it is done though! :thumbup: Kitting out a home for baby is expensive and as they grow they need high chairs, bigger car seats, more clothes/shoes/coats etc... new beds! (stage we're at now!) LOL but the second baby is a walk in the park with regards to items to purchase.

My list includes.... baby carrier/wrap and new bottles along with nappies/wipes/formula etc not a very big list!

mummy, but you dont know the sex yet so youve got all the clothes etc to buy as well.. they are so expensive arent they... and i bought so many pink outfits and the play mat that was around £50 etc is pink, i shouldve bought more gender neutral stuff so maybe i could have used it a second time round !! what a dummy i am

im not getting a baby carrier. im worried i wont be able to walk around with it. xx

Thankfully... my family go a bit shopping mad... so when they found out Lottie was a girl, they went out and bought loads of pink and girly stuff. I guess other people's family members have time to do that during the pregnancy if they know the sex! :D If we have a boy, they'll do the same thing I'm sure, but we still have loads of gender neutral clothes up to 3 months.

I will have to buy clothes eventually... but nothing that is needed for the first few months! x

yep sheryl, ive got a bad back so im worried about getting a carrier..

thats nice mummy, although im so picky about clothes, i wont be asking for any clothes from family.. i dont like the frilly netted frocks etc which used to make me itch as a toddler myself, i dont want to put my child through that. i prefer cotton not over the top type clothes, so im doing a list instead to let them know what i have bought and what i would like to have although ive bought everything already, dont think theres anything left !!

NDH great idea about the card for gender. Wish i'd have done that. I would go for it if I were you!

Wow preethi- you are done! Im so jealous. Not even begun yet because we have been redoing things so there isn't room for it all now. But carpet comes monday so our bedroom gets put back together and we already put in some new organizers in the closet so then will be able to get the things. I've bought more than enough clothes. Thats it!

Not sure what else I read, I was reading this like over an hour ago, then had to do something and now feel a tad uncommitted to my response. Hope everyone is doing ok and talk soon.

Preethi, I can't believe you're already done shopping! Lol. That's a lot of money, but if that includes your furniture and stuff the. It's not too bad. I've calculated our big expenses to be around $2,000 if I have to buy new (but hope to do better than that). Aside from onesies (it will be summer here and baby won't have need for lots of clothes) I don't plan on buying any clothes. I will get lots as gifts I'm sure, and if we do find out gender we won't be sharing it with anyone. I will be doing a shower soon after birth as well as before (if my sister isn't able to come down for the first one), so people will be able to buy gender specific clothes after the baby is born.

hi everyone!

NY: Ive been to NYC quite a few times and done more or less everything I wanted to. Ive been with hubby once and took my mum and sister once. My BIL and 2 neices have never been. I think it will work as its a short flight and doesnt take away too much time from their canada vacation if we go for 3 nights. I will decide nearer the time, my mum is arriving here 2 weeks before they come so I will ask her what she thinks. I hope the flights will still be the same price even if we leave it to last minute to book, we would drive 2 hours down to buffalo and flight buffalo -ny.

NDH: LOVE the card idea!! I also want to be on team yellow and hubby definitely wants to, but I know it will also drive me crazy not to know. Like mummy says both ways its special so dont get to upset if the urge comes over you and you have to know!!

babyhopes: when they take the 'individual sperm and egg and left them to fuse' like you describe thats called IVF. Thats a big procedure with lots of drugs and theyd have to extract eggs from me in a surgery. IUI is just where they wash the sperm and put it inside the uterus with a thin catheter, so much simpler and much cheaper!!! only $500 or so compared to $10,000. then theres ICSI like NDH mentioned where they actually inject the egg with the sperm....I assume they do that if the sperm and egg dont meet up in the dish when trying IVF.
I dont mind if I have to do IVF as then Id hope to have some spare embryos left to freeze and use when Im 41 or 42, but it would be my 38/39 year old egg! I know they allow up to 4 embryos to be inserted into you, but I think I would only do 2 at a time. I supposed when you are paying $10,000 a time people want the best chance possible, but I think I would decide on how many tries we are doing ahead of time and only do 2 at a time. Its crazy that even IVF fails a lot of the time....the embryo was already growing and just has to implant but it still fails. that would be so hard, especially if paying $10,000 of your own money.

the shopping spree sounds great!!! I love shopping :) and good idea whoever said to get gender neutrel clothes so you can use for a 2nd baby.

flying: you look lovely, thats a gorgeous bump!!! are you going to do something creative with your bump photos in a frame or something? that would be cute for bubs to see one day.

dew: oooh your temps look good, Im liking its gone up today! Im wishing with everything I have that you get your bfp this month, I dont want you to be sad the coming months. as for the softcups Im really icky about things 'up there', but I suppose my hubby could do it for me. Im sure we would BD at night anyway, there would be no chance for a quicky as my mum would literally be with us all the time!!. and YES we go to vegas a week on sunday!!! cant wait, at least this 2WW will be ok as I will be having lots of fun there.

sorry if I forgot anyone else! hope you all have a great weekend, Im hoping to convince hubby to go for dinner and a movie tomorrow. Not long till monday....preethi I think you asked what will happen on monday....they will do an ultrasound to see how many follicles I have produced this cycle, and if any are mature they will send me home with the trigger shot. then I will probably have IUI on wednesday as you usually ovulate 2 days after the trigger and they aim for same day IUI. with that hubby has to go at 8am to give his sample and I go around noon for the procedure. Yikes!!!!

wow babyhopes - great that you've already bought everything!

Sarah - not long til monday! Good luck!

NDH, i havent bought much furniture stuff because im in a one bed apt so we will be sharing with LO.

ny, atleast youre getting everything almost renovated.. thats exciting.. im sure you will be shopping and done soon !!

Sarah thanks for explaining.. yes IUI and IVF seem a good option if you really have to the expense bit is probably the only thing to think off .. but hey im so excited about your monday appointment.. only one more day to go.. i never count the day we are actually in at the moment. i hope you have mature follicles to be able to do it on the wednesday..how exciting .. let us know.. xxx

i bought all pink clothes thats what im saying.. they are not gender neutral.. i wish id bought more gender neutral ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->