ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Wow thanks ladies! you've really helped me in deciding to at least try the reusables. Its really not common over here, at least amongst anyone I know. I'd be the only one to have done it and sometimes people already call me a "hippie" so this should just match their opinion of me. Lol. Not sure why they think that....I could have my mom just use some biodegradable type of throwaways when she has the baby. I will not be starting right away either, just dealing with the circumcision and everything else that comes with newborns, i'd rather not. I should clear this with OH, as he has no idea this even exists im sure! Like I said, its not a common practice over here, but like everything else, will probably become more used in the years to come.

Dew- how's yoru cycle coming along?

Huggles, thanks for that article!

Preethi- I try not to be too over excessive in my needs or wants for baby, but just LOVE being prepared. All my life, I buy or pack too much for everything, not because im very high maintenance but have this incredible need to be prepared for any "in case" situation! So, probably things on my list aren't necessary but I remember how much they really helped with Ella and were used, so i "need" them!

Flying- mine is SUCH a mover also! I actually got kind of worried last night if it was a bad thing to have a baby moving ALL. THE. TIME. Lol. He isn't always like that, but lately its constant so I just wanted to make sure it doesn't mean anything bad......Its awesome to feel eh? Although, not gunna lie, the constant movement gets a bit exhausting by the night time when I just want a little "quiet." Maybe bubs sleeps at night already! Hahhaha. yea right.

I am excited, I started making my gift registries for my shower. I figured out that I can just do it online instead of going to the store with the little gun scanner.......i don't need to see the stuff for the most part I know what it is. Do have to go to find the stroller and basinette and stuff but feel like i've accomplished a little bit at least!

I am finally back up to my pre-pregnancy weight! It only took 22 weeks! :p

glad youre gaining now.. sheryl. x

nyp, its good to be organized even in case of an emergency !! i cant believe you are saying that about constant kicks, i would die for a day like yours if i could feel kicks everyday xxx some of us arent that lucky.. (me) :haha: so dont wish yours away.. x

True baby, sorry. I am dumb sometimes. I hope you get the constant ones real soon! Usually after the first real one, its only a matter of a week or so until you feel them regularily....but maybe still a few weeks until you have a day that its constant. Like i say, mine isn't every day constant, its just once in a while, so that it kinda scares me to worry that its in distress or something!

oh ny :hugs: your babys just an active bouncy baby that cant wait to meet mummy, so he is saying "hi" every now and then through kicks.. enjoy them. ive read on my what to expect book that babys who are active all the time are nothing to worry about.. they usually ask you to keep a count of kicks to make sure its not silent.. so in my case i will be more worried. i hope my doctor dosent feel a need to be concerned as usually baby is so active on scans, its only at home that she isnt or rather never is active !

im going to bed as it is 11 : 45pm at night,..

nite nite all xx

I have a very active little baby too. I definitely have kicks and other movements every day since the 17th week.

lol, speaking of active babies, at around 2am this morning I was semi-awake, and I realised my tummy was rocking all over the place with kicks! heh. Hubby was semi-awake too, facing away from me, so I rolled over to 'spoon' him, and pressed my tummy against his back; he could feel all the rocking and rolling and we were both giggling at the strength and consistency of it!!! Hubby hasn't felt big rocking rolling rumbling kicks like that yet (he felt his first lil series of 'boomboomboom' kicks only yesterday, but they were weak ones!) so he was loving feeling how strong and fast they were even through his BACK! lol!!! Before now he's really only felt the single kicks, not the lil spazzy 'kicky feet' ones. hehehehe. After a while (like 10-15 mins!) it went quiet in there again, and after a few mins of quiet I whispered "I think it's gone to sleep...." BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.... we both laughed and said "maybe not then!" in unison. :cloud9: Totally totally awesome, and yup I'm loooving every moment of it, even when s/he gives me a fright with them sometimes! lol.

Preethi, those kicks WILL become strong and regular! The first 'real' one has happened now so it's only a matter of time until the next, and the next, and it won't be long before you've lost count!

Sheryl, I'm so glad you've gained again!! I haven't gained a single ounce yet, but I haven't LOST any either, and *obviously* bub is strong and healthy going by what I can feel every day, so I'm not at all worried about it. I've got a heck of a lot of weight I could loose to be 'healthy' (like 60+lb) so if I don't gain any then it's good as far as I'm concerned (as long as bub stays strong and healthy OF COURSE!) cos hopefully it'll mean when I give birth, I'll have actually LOST some weight!!! lol.

Oh yep, I do that to OH all the time too! .....figure if im kept awake it should wake him up too:)

Happy 26 weeks babyhopes!

Flying - that's so lovely that you and hubby had that lovely baby kicking moment last night :cloud9:

flying.. awesome news about the kicks as always.. glad you and dh are getting to enjoy such intimate moments with LO xxxx

hi everyone!!

just got back from my trip downtown and my follicle appointment, and I have.....................

4 follicles!! :dance::dance::dance:

they are 26, 25, 23 & 18 mm
last month I had 25, 21 & 18

so these are bigger, not sure if that means anything. Im waiting for them to call after they have my bloods to say when I take my trigger shot and come in for IUI (probably trigger today and IUI on wednesday). lining is 8.5mm 'good'

this time I asked them what todays blood would show them, and she said they look at the estrogen levels as they can give them an indication if the 4 follicles have a good chance of containing an egg....if estrogen is low I think they know some of the follies will be empty. so when they phone Im going to try and remember to ask how the estrogen looks. I should also find out what last months was....perhaps some of the 3 follicles didnt contain anything.

so I said to the nurse I was happy to have 4, and that with IUI that should give me a good chance right, and she said something like 'well you have as good a chance as before' or something like that. Ive noticed on these boards that a lot of people say that the clinics dont hype up IUI and are in fact quite unenthusiastic about its results. After her kinda negative reaction to my question I was wondering, why is it that the nurses seem to think IUI only has an equal chance as intercourse, and if thats true why do we bother? Ive decided this: of the people that do IUI, a large % of those people have problems and many of them will have to go on to IVF and even that may not work. so overall looking at the statistics of IUI it doesnt have better stats than regular intercourse, but thats because most of people people having it are in the problem catagory. If you look at an individual basis I think its more promising, theres been 3 successful IUIs in the over 35 folder in the past few months, and so thats great success compared to the general stats. thats my thinking anyway!

she did say after that comment that '4 follicles is better than 3' as if that was more promising, not that Im doing IUI. But Im very excited to be doing IUI this cycle and do believe having the sperm washed and put into the uterus is more promising than just doing intercourse. A book Im reading says of say 2 million sperm ejaculated only 400,000 make it to the uterus. Well they are putting hopefully 10 million (depends on the post wash count) washed sperm right up there, thats so much more!

also found out the IUI is $325 including everything....I was expecting $350 plus tax so around $400, so thats a bonus!

So glad everything went well at your appointment sarah, 4 follicles seem to be good then !! never mind their attitude towards it and dont let that get you down, you are trying your options and everything is a chance. you could very well fall pregnant with IUI and then smirk at them. so happy for you :hugs:

so we went to our antenatal class today, we had two couples from the UK, a couple from newzealand and an australian couple, they were all quite reserved, nobody spoke out loud much or asked questions or anything.. i did because i wanted to know the answers to some of them ..

we spoke about health in pregnancy and she spoke about some evidence advising against using cot bumpers for restriction of airflow to baby while sleeping, she also advised against using toiletries like baby soap, bubble baths and products for fear of dry skin and eczema, i however will be using baby oil to moisturize and she said something about not using baby wipes and using cotton and wool as a best option so that the chemicals from the wipes scented or not dont really touch babys skin, atleast for 2 months.

i may get unscented wipes.. we talked about when to go into hospital, when you know for sure.. and how to excerise and not bum on couch because bumming on couch makes the baby go into posterior position and the best position for delivery is anterior etc.,

so yeah we both thought the class was good and we'll see how it goes on from now .x

just got the call....so Im to take the ovidrel tonight at 10pm and have my IUI wednesday at 11 :happydance: hubby has to go for his sperm donation at 8am. She said my estrogen was high (2640) which indicates there are 4 eggs in the follicles :happydance:

Sounds great Sarah! Maybe the nurses just spend too much time doing this stuff and don't get excited about it anymore.

wow sarah, looks like everything is looking really great for you this month! :dust:

babyhopes - glad you're enjoying your classes :thumbup:

thanks ladies! Im excited, but also realistic and not expecting it to definitely work first time. but my statistics are good for getting pregnant this year I feel. and if not at least I know I have tried hard and then it will be IVF. FX it doesnt get that far, man its expensive!!

woohoo Sarah, that's so exciting! I know it's no promise of *anything*, but it's still so exciting!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

We had our first antenatal class last night too, but we did grocery shopping on the way home so by the time I got home I went straight to bed! lol. There is 12 couples there, and it was fairly quiet like in Preethis one, but I think it's because we're all new to each other and stuff!!! Did an intro thing so we did get to chat one-on-one with every single couple so HAVE met them all now, I just can't remember them all! LOL! Everyone is due in sept/oct though, with about 4 others due within a week of me too; so babies will all be around the same age later! We had a car seat chat and talked about terminology and stuff too, but most of the evening was all the sorta 'housework' stuff too; being shown around and nutting out some 'rules' we were all happy with (cell phones off; what is said here, stays here, etc etc) and that sorta stuff! But all in all we enjoyed it! :) so we have 7 more weeks of 2-hourly sessions and I'm sure we'll all warm up to each other by the end of it!! :)

Wow Sarah how exciting! And I never knew that follicles could be empty - how strange. But it's good that they think all 4 of yours have an eggy!

It must have been disappointing for your nurse not to be very encouraging, but you're right in that IUI doesn't have a very high success rate because many of the people who try it will move on to IVF, and of those a lot will still have no success. So sad how some people cal literally exhaust every option and still jot get pregnant :(

I think you guys will have a much better chance with IUI than without it, and I really hope you'll be adding a positive statistic to it's success rate this month :). If not, I'm sure the cycle after next (as you won't be able to do IUI next month) will be the lucky one. It's definitely your time.

Dew how are you doing? I hope you've been keeping yourself occupied. The last week of the TWW is always he hardest part of the month and I hope yours ends with great news :dust:

flying and preehthi, I hope your next class the other couples start warming up more. I know I'd be anxious at he first class and probably wouldn't say much either, so it's a good thin there are a few weeks to get to know each other.

Sarah glad you have good estrogen numbers! I hope this works for you. How many months does that pay for, just one? Seems maybe thats why the success rate isnt great then if it is just one cycle.....everything needs a few tries I believe and many just do the one I bet.

Preethi- about the bumpers in the crib, we were advised to not do that when my daughter was born too. They actually suggested no blankets or bumpers in there at all, so thats why I use the halo sleeper sacks. They are a zip on blanket and work like a charm, without having to worry about poor air circulation.

Hope everyone is well! I am so stressed out about this baby coming now.....My house is nowhere near ready for what I want it to be for baby, its a mess, all over the place and we just can't seem to get it together. Now OH is still wanting to go out of town this week instead of stay home to do house things, and I have yet to start shopping and feel so behind and unprepared. Also, trying to plan a shower for my sister and working all the time, im beginning to feel at my wits end.

To top it off, i've had horrible indigestion and acid heart burn for 2 days straight and have a sore throat from all the acid burning up my throat...i cant eat, want to puke, gurgly stomach, burning throat. Its bad:( Guess its just not my day. Or week. Thinking this is a poor entrance to third trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->