ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

yay for no pelvic exam ny!
I also wondered why you were having a pelvic. Here the only reason i had one was cos baby was still too small at 8 weeks to see on an external u/s, so had an internal one. since then it's all external u/s and will only go internal again much closer to the end as far as i know.

Happy 29 weeks flying!!!

Guess my expecting one was wrong all over! Lol. Im glad, as I just hate them so no pelvic works for me!

lol, I've never had a pelvic exam... nor would do I expect any...? Not sure why they would, unless they need to check your cervix directly for whatever reason or something, or like huggles said; for the very early ultrasounds! I hope you can skip them!

Crazy and scary, please watch the video....

https://news.yahoo.com/video/cincinnatiwlwt-18191085/woman-unexpectedly-gives-birth-26096719.html

Yikes!

It's crazy to think that some women just don't know they're pregnant! Clearly it happens... but I sooooooooooooooo know when I'm pregnant!

Yikes!

It's crazy to think that some women just don't know they're pregnant! Clearly it happens... but I sooooooooooooooo know when I'm pregnant!

I know!!! A part of me doesn't want to believe her. It's frightening actually....

Wow that was a crazy story!

Got my diabetes results....apparently im considered to have GD:( Im pretty sad about it. Changes a lot, and adds a lot of worries about my baby's health. It is going to be really hard to deal with now my diet needs to be changed a lot.

Hope everyone is doing ok and happy friday!

I've heard a surprising number of stories like that!!! I know someone personally who was 5 months preg before she found out too! Scary...

ny; wow! I'm sorry you have GD, but at the same time it's best to know so that it can be kept under control so bub has the least problems as possible!!! :hugs:

AFM, I got a new bump pic today @ 29+1
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2729.jpg
and yes, my top doesn't go all the way over my bump anymore, nor do my jeans get anywhere near my waist either, but the belly band I'm wearing covers the gap!!! lol. I'm using a hair-tie in my jeans to hold them up now too (rather than having the button done up), as they were starting to get tight even down under my bump...

nice bump pic flying, baby defo has a growth spurt !! xx

Ny, sorry you have GD, my aunt had it too, but usually with some care, its taken care off.. im sure youll be ok with change in diet etc. xxx

AFM, today i go for my first steroid shot, and then tomorrow my second shot + scan.

that is scary dew about not knowing ! wow how can you not know..

:hugs: for you Nikki! Sorry about GD! :( I hope that it all goes okay!

Preethi... good luck for your injections babes! :hugs: Let us know how you get on! :thumbup:

Flying... WOW... what a gorgeous bump! Happy 29 weeks by the way! :flower:

I'm 27 weeks today! :dance: I have a midwife appt on Tuesday and my GTT test the following Wed!

happy 27 weeks mummy!

NY - sorry to hear you have GD :hugs:

Babyhopes - good luck with the injections.

Flying - awesome bump!

NY: sorry to hear that you have GD. I have known many women including my elder sister who had GD and went on to deliver healthy babies. Except that it's gonna be tough on you following strict diet and poking yourself on regular basis to check sugar level in blood. So, did you meet a dietician already? Wish you good luck :hugs:

Thought i'd share my 23 week bump pic with you ladies from thursday. I added my 17 week bump pic for comparison. My bump really seems to be suddenly popping out these last 2 weeks - baby must be having an enormous growth spurt. Feeling a lot of stretching in my sides.

Attachments

• 17 week bump cropped.jpg
    17 week bump cropped.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 23 week bump cropped.jpg
    23 week bump cropped.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
hi everyone im bacccckkkkkkk! had an amazing time, we arrived back last night and my mum had flown in 2 hours before from england and my inlaws picked her up and took her home and we went and got her. we were all so tired that we just woke up at 1pm!! the last night in vegas we stayed out till 3am which was 6am in canada!! I had such a great time and were busy everyday that honestly I didnt care about TTCing at all, man I wish I could go away every 2WW.

had a BFN this morning (11dpo), period is due on thursday and Im expecting her to come (never thought Id be lucky on my first IUI). we have decided that we are not skipping this month and will probably do another IUI....I dont want to waste a month and if I give birth in may when SIL's wedding is on then too bad!! Im not sure if we can afford to take our family away anywhere and if we do we will do after my ovulation.

I hope everyone is doing well, I have to catch up on all the posts but right now going to get breakfast for my mum. talk soon xxxxx

sarah, yay for you being back, missed you... glad you had a fab time in vegas and on the holidays, you deserve it.. its probably good to take a break every now and then.. xx speak soon when you have time again xxx

AFM, went for my second steroid shot today and scan, baby seemed active and healthy, but same problem, shes breech and low levels of fluid, theyve asked me to monitor and count ten kicks everyday and if at all at any point during the day i dont feel kicks, ive got to go straight in for scan.ctg monitoring etc. ive got an appointment with the american hospital on tuesday, they do incubators, and i know that 95% i will have a caesarean due to fluid levels being low which means she wont turn to position for birth if my levels are low, even if i make it to 37 weeks, but with low levels, there can be problems like the placenta sticking to her face with no space for her and stuff, i read it online, but doc seems to constantly worry about movement and wants me to feel constant movement everyday..

they will check hb, and blood flow to baby and other factors before inducing me, but i guess i will know better when ive had this tuesday appointment.

hope everyone is doing much better than i am xxxx

Sarah welcome back! Missed you hun! :flower:

Preethi it sounds very scary my love. :hugs: I don't want to come on here and say... oh you'll be fine and they'll take care of you because if I was in your position I'd be struggling to sleep and worrying like crazy every minute of the day... in fact I'd probably be doing a lot of crying too... so I don't want to belittle the HUGE stress that you are under! :hugs:

I just want you to know that we're here to be supportive and try reassure you where we can. C-section (though not often preferable by most women) is at least a safe option and though you'll need longer to recover, they would only do it for the right reasons and that's the health of baby and you! I'm glad that you have all the monitoring available to you and hope all goes well on Tuesday.

:hugs: and :dust: that all goes as well as it possibly can! :flower:

:hugs: Preethi - you're going through so much right now. It's not hopeless that she won't be able to turn even with low fluid levels, but your doctors will be monitoring you carefully and I have every confidence they'll do what's best for you both in this situation. I'll be praying that she lasts in there as long as possible before they feel that her fluid levels are too low and she has to come out.

NY, sorry about GD :(. Remember that it's not your fault, it's just something that happens sometimes and nothing you could have done to prevent it, but at least it can be managed from here on. If you're careful with your diet your baby is no more likely to be huge than any other baby.

Mummy, you're in 3rd tri too now! Exciting!

Sarah, welcome home from vegas! Do you have any pics to share?

I'm going to a huge baby sale with my mom in an hour - hope to score some great finds. A lady from my Church used to live in Sydney and she was a foster parent for about 10 years, mostly for babies and toddlers and she often had 4 foster kids as well as her own 4, and in that time she built up a huge baby stash (her living room was covered with just newborn size baby girl clothes the other day, and she has equal amounts of all the other sizes and for boys too, plus furniture and accessories galore) and she brought it all up here hopin to ontinue fostering and there just does t seem to be a need here. So she's selling it all. She's going to be having a booth at the markets soon, but I (and a couple other people she knows) have first dibs, so mom and I are going shopping this morning. If she's selling it reasonably cheaply I might get everything I need (except diapers). Not having any money will keep me from getting too carried away... But I know mom will loan me whatever I need (within reason)

Hi ladies!

Sarah Welcom home and im very glad you've had some fun!

Preethi- im so sorry hun. My heart really goes out for you and your little girl. I hope you can make it a few more weeks without being induced, but let us know tuesday what happens.

Ndh- how did the sale go? Sounds like fun to get all your stuff taken care of! I am still buying stuff and have not bought one large thing yet......yikes

Mummy- good job for staying team yellow:)

Huggles- cute bump, you've had a growth for sure! I think I did around that time as well. Its when I kinda popped out.

Dew- I have not had my consult yet with anyone to talke about the diabetes. That is wed. I have just made sure to monitor my blood sugar levels all weekend to make sure im ok.
Hope I wont need to do insulin shots. I hate the needle pokes all day as it is to test my levels....
Seems that I can easily manage my levels with diet as I've not gone over once all weekend....I am already craving sweets SO SO SO bad that its making me really crabby. I hate not being able to eat carbs or sugars or anything good.

I threw a baby shower for my sister today and my aunt whose a nurse in labor and delivery made me feel pretty bad over having the GD. Before she knew I had GD she was like "you are really big for being due in October." And kept making those type of comments and when she found that i have GD she said thats why I am big. Made it sound like it was something I was doing And I will have a huge baby, and I need to keep it under control very carefully and after baby is born they take sugar levels like 4 times and if they dont have good levels something is wrong. And that i've got better change now of developing diabetes forever....She just really made me feel aweful. Im not even measuring big or anything im measuring 27 cm and im 28 weeks so think its right on? I dont know why she says im so fricken big. I am 7 month pregnant for pete's sake. UGH. I just feel all ranty tonight!

THEN I crammed my baby toe on a chair at the shower and im SURE its broken. I am writhing in pain and in tears at times....and can't take anything for it. ... Not sure whether or not to go to the ER since they dont do much for a broken toe I dont think.....not like I can get pain meds or anything and do not want an xray...!

How mean is that! I am sure you are just fine despite your GD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->