ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah: While talking about IUIs my gynec told me that they inject 2 volumes of sperm. I have never heard of that before and I think your DH also provides his sperm once. I do have heard about 2 injections of sperms per IUI though.

Also, she mentioned that with injectables there is much better chance when compared with Clomid but chances of multiple pregnancies also increase.

My new cycle will start somewhere between 15 and 20th of August and my appointment with FS is on 24th which would definitely be more than CD3 of next cycle. So, when I met my gynec she said most she can do for me is prescribe 50mg Clomid for next cycle (no monitoring) which is to be taken from CD3 onwards. Now I am so confused whether to take it or not...she has already written a prescription and Clomid is ready for pick-up in our nearest pharmacy. What do you suggest? Thanks!

do they mean back to back IUIs where they do one insemination one day and another the next day? Im assuming thats what they mean as I dont think theres any point doing 2 at the same time....my vial was small and it had 29 million sperm in there! my clinic hasnt mentioned the back to back, but I may ask if Im not pregnant in a couple of months and would try back to back before IVF (I think it will just be the $325 IUI cost x 2). I quite like the idea of having sperm up there the day before my ovulation as sometimes I wonder if its too close when they do IUI the day they expect O.

as for injectables Ive heard they are 'better' but not sure why....is it that because more people ovulate when on injectables, or do they actually make the egg better? I will have to ask my clinic, as Im responding really well to clomid with my follicles so I wonder if theres any point trying the injectables. although if my lining keeps getting thinner they will probably switch...it was 10mm first month and 8.5 second, we will see this month (they want over 7mm).

as for clomid, I would say go for it and take it for this next cycle, might as well have a little boost rather than nothing, it might be all you need! at 50mg I doubt you would have too many follicles and with intercourse its a low risk anyway. although perhaps you should call and mention to the FS office, incase they dont want you on anything when you go??

Bump pics:

https://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/michoost/bumpprogression21-25.jpg

Thanks so much Sarah! I'll better call my future FS and ask them if they would prefer for me to be on Clomid or not. I too do not know why injectibles work better than Clomd. I think they may have a more direct role in ovulation when compared with Clomid.

My gynec used the term 2 volumes for IUI injection. Don't know what she really meant by that but as you mentioned 2 injections on 2 different days is what I have read about online.

Huggles: I see a big difference between 23 and 25 week bump pics. Congrats! I am very happy for you :hugs:

Sarah, one more question, how long do you lay in bed after IUI in the hospital?

Theoretically, 2 injections at a gap of 24-30 hours sound better and second should be at least 50% off :amartass:

Sarah, one more question, how long do you lay in bed after IUI in the hospital?

Theoretically, 2 injections at a gap of 24-30 hours sound better and second should be at least 50% off :amartass:

they didnt have me lie down at all! Ive heard of people lying down, but my nurse said it wasnt needed. I didnt have anything fall out either!

I'm doing a fly-by post here, I've had a quick read but haven't had time to catch up properly yet! Preethi, I'm glad she's still ok in there though, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: !!!!

I'm off to get my GTT (glucose tolerance test) done, I've been fasting overnight and the lab opens in 10 mins (it's only 5 mins down the road) so I'm about to head out the door to get that done (it's a 2 hour wait until I can eat still though!) but then I'm going to head straight on the road to the NZ national grooming competition; 5 hours drive away. I won't be back home and online until monday night or tuesday to catch up with you guys, so everyone keep well, and I'll update with the results of the glucose test when I get back too! FX it's clear!

oh, and I'm down to the single-digit countdown now; only 9 weeks to go! eep!

Flying: good luck with GT test and have fun at grooming competition. Drive safe.

oh, and I'm down to the single-digit countdown now; only 9 weeks to go! eep!

omg flying!!! thats gone so quick! I probably wont be pregnant by the time you give birth, this month is my 12 official month of TTCing (I started tracking my ovulation and periods etc in Sept 2010). but its gonna happen any month now!! wow I cant believe soon we will be seeing baby photos soon, whats everyone elses EDD?

Happy 31 weeks Flying!

Hope you survived your GTT... I had mine yesterday and not eating for 17 hours was a little tough! :hugs:

29th October here Sarah!

PS... it wont be long now for you or Dew... it's GOING to happen soon! I will want to follow your pregnancy journals! :thumbup:

Oh Huggles... I know I've mentioned in your journal... but fab bumpage! :thumbup: Little man is growing nicely in there! :flower:

Preethi im glad she is still not in distress and still in your belly! Sounds pretty positive that they assume she will go at least until 32 weeks, I bet you will until 34 weeks. Im so happy! Keep drinking fluids to sustain the amount of fluid you have at least. What is the reason for her abdomen being out of line from the rest of her body?

Dew- So, does it mean that this next cycle, you will not be doing IUI, right? THen, the next one will you be? Will be pretty cool with 2 ladies in here doing the IUI stuff! How exciting to hear about the different stories and you two will have lots to compare about! I think they should have a contraption that keeps you hanging upside down for 10 minutes after the IUI...right? Lol. Kidding. But not like we all haven't tried that after BDing....

Sarah- Hope the ultrasound monday is all clear for your 2nd round of IUI! Lets keep fingers crossed you do so well with it all over again and that your body knows what its all about this time around and does what it is supposed to do! Does the rest of your family come visit soon?

Good luck at the test Flying! Dont barf, its aweful!

Huggles- great progression pics! I wish I'd have done similar, im just not organized enough for it all! You've def grown.

I only have 9 weeks also! Wooooo hooooo. Although, I secretly hope its like 7 or 8 weeks but dont wanna jinx anything into coming earlier than that. Bought some more cute things for my baby today. Its so fun stocking up, but sometimes wonder if im stocking up on wrong things/too many / not enough of stuff. Im horrible at this! No idea what a baby needs.

Got my last 4D ultrasound saturday. So excited to see if the cheeks are chubby. I love chubby cheeks!

Happy 31 weeks Flying! and enjoy the dog show!

Enjoy your scan tomorrow ny - look forward to pics!

oh, and my EDD is 24 Nov (although i think baby will come sometime between 3-11 Nov as i think that's when my stitch comes out).

CRAP !!! i typed a huge response and it just got deleted !!! :grr:

huggles,m great bump pic, can definetely see the progression. xxx

Mummy, lottie looks so cute in your profile pic xxxxxxx

Flying, omg only 9 weeks.. so close.. xxx

Ny, her abdomen is measuring smaller because she is forsaking her abdomen in that little space and pumping blood to her brain and heart because she knows that her abdomen isnt important now and is sustaining her vital organs instead. its amazing how god creates us and that a tiny baby knows what to do to survive inside the womb.. im hoping i make it to 34 weeks as well.. i have my GTT tomorrow and my growth scan on monday .. fx'd praying all goes well. xxx

Sarah, i know i keep confusing the dates !! doh.. i guess im so excited for you, i just cant wait.. xxxxxxxxxxxxx praying for you and dew, i so want to follow your pregnancy journals !!!!

hope all of you are doing well.. enjoy your weekend !!! xx

Yes NY, my first appointment with FS will be around CD5-8 and even though we have already done majority of tests, the new clinic might want to either repeat or get some new tests done so this next cycle will probably be preparation for the BIG cycle after that, I wonder what's gonna happen, there is plenty of uncertainty in life :cry:

Thanks Preethi! :flower:

I hope you lovely ladies have a good weekend! We're off to the seaside! Sadly not for a relaxing holiday... we're hoping to get to the beach a couple times but most of the time will be spent seeing Mike's Grandad who's just found out he has a form of cancer... we're not sure how critical it is right now as they found another tumour that's still to be tested. Though it's a bit of a road trip.... 6 hours roughly from us to Cornwall and it's very beautiful down there!

I'll take some pics and once we're back will put a link up to them!

Preethi I'll be thinking of you this weekend hun! :hugs:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xxxxxxxxxx

Mummy: so sorry to hear about Mike's granddad's cancer...I hope it is at an early stage and can be removed surgically or treated through chemotherapy...sending prayers to him. Enjoy the drive if possible and take breaks too...6 hours is a long journey for 29 week pregnancy...take care :hugs:

Thanks Dew, there is still reasonable hope that is the case... but I think more than anything they just need some family support!

Yeah we'll be doing lots of breaks! Have to with a toddler too! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"