ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Is that price for IVF the package of like 3 tries or something? I had heard of someone doing one where they get a few cycles of it....

I wish Preethi could update... hope everything is ok with her. I will be at work tomorrow but will check after work so if something is updated and I dont respond....its just because im working. Hugs!

NY: it is 12,000 for 1 IVF...my gynec mentioned that Massachusetts has very good coverage for infertility. I think she said that first 3 IUIs are completely covered there.

Mummy- yay for hubbie's new job!! Exciting times! And super cute picture, I love your top. Are you all in maternity clothing or just whatever fits?

Thank you honey... I have a number of maternity items but also just wears what fits! Though my t-shirts are fast becoming too small! :haha:

Mummy: sorry I missed it earlier...congratulations on hubby's new job. Good luck to him and hope he loves it! Also hoping for things to get better in London with increased police force out on streets.

Thank you hun! It seems last night was much better on the whole, though more issues broke out round the country!

I wish Preethi could update... hope everything is ok with her. I will be at work tomorrow but will check after work so if something is updated and I dont respond....its just because im working. Hugs!

I hope she's okay too! :hugs:

https://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/blood-test-can-tell-babys-gender-7-weeks

Goodness I wonder if people would really use that test and terminate just because the gender isn't what they wanted. :(

Sheryl, that would be sad, total misuse.

Goodness I wonder if people would really use that test and terminate just because the gender isn't what they wanted. :(

oh definitely... :(

My hospital wont tell you the sex of the baby... even if you wanted to know! Reason is due to a high muslim population.

They found the desire for first born sons was so large that there were a lot of terminations after the 20 weeks scans (as it's still legal... though I wont get started on how I feel about this!!)

Obviosuly if they were determined to know, they could pay for a scan, but the National Health Service has reduced the termination numbers by not telling the sex at the government hospital.

It has been really quite here today. Hope everyone is doing well. Wish we heard from Preethi today.

Hi everyone, just checking in and I see its quiet. Hope everyone is doing well today and staying out of trouble!!

Took Ella to the smurf movie and cried a few times....LOL. Well, not a full on cry but you know, when you tear up. Im pathetic!!

Preethi- thinkin about you hun. Hope baby was a tiny bit bigger at your scan.....

Thats sad about the Muslims choosing to terminate at 20 weeks. Thats so late in the pregnancy, how insane....:( Some people's views are just so different, guess its hard to put myself in that place of thought.

I should point out... it wont be all Muslims... but enough that they have the 'no telling sex' rule in a number of hospitals in the UK... Bradford and Leeds being two of those areas.

I have a Muslim colleague (at old work) who has two daughters and wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Hope you're all okay!! :flower:

sorry for being away everyone, i went for my scan but then didnt really comne online, i was at my mums, i did read all the posts but couldnt sit down and type one myself..

at the scan, she is weighing only around 1.1kgs.. and her abdomen is 3 weeks behind but her head and limbs are measuring fine so she will be asymmetric when she is born. fluid is still really low but she is not in distress. they have given me time until 29th of august which puts me at 32 weeks, they are aiming to keep her in atleast until 32 weeks.. if she stays in longer, much better.. they dont mind 34 weeks as well as long as she is not in distress, but what they say now is that she is pumping blood to her brain to survive etc and they think that the pumping is going to be difficult for her in the coming weeks due to cramped space and less fluid.. so when they find her in distress, they will plan my section then. they wish to have a planned section and so do i, so that they can give me a shot of steroids the night before and i have to be fasting etc.. i hope its not an emergency section where sometimes they will have to have it done ion half n hour so no time for dh to get scrubbed and come inside with me.. i will hate to have that,. plus i want the steroid shots for the baby.. i dont want to deliver her without the shots.

they want little intervention as possible when she comes out. they dont want to have to use ventilators and CPAP etc.. and what they say is that even though she will be really thin skin and bones like, and really small, atleast the longer she stays in, the better maturity her internal organs have. so thats what they are aiming for. im still VERY obviously upset and sad and want the best for her.. my GD one hour testing in saturday and hopefully i get to meet the neonatologist team on saturday and take a tour round the NICU. and then my next growth scan is on monday at 6pm.

to me , every passing week at the scans is a next stepping stone. monday i will be 30 weeks and will feel much better than i do now, even though i know that 30 weeks still means she looks and measures that of a 28 weeker or something..

anyway, im just trying to take my mind off it, but it wont work., im getting my c-section plan ready and my bags packed to leave in dh's car.

so thats that for an update. nothing better, nothing new, atleast shes not in distress which is what i care about most because then we can leave her in there.

Mummy, congratulations to Mike on the new job !! you must be excited and he must be really happy too !! all for the better ! :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxx hope the riots have settled down.. and your bump pic is fabulous xxx

Ny, so glad you dont have GD !! what a nightmare having to go through those tests.. !! and to celebrate with that cake, thought i mentioned before, your dh is so cute bringing you a red velvet to celebrate !! xxx

Huggles, glad your scan went well and your hanging on brilliantly !!

sarah, hope youre doing well.. please update us on yesterdays session..you had your IUI didnt you..? good idea to wait until december but then its upto you.. praying for your miracle through IUI so that you dont have to bear the costs etc for IVF !! xx :hugs: xxxxx

Dew, glad you have an appointment fixed with your FS, and that you are seeking out options, i know it must be hard to accept and want help, but atleast it is a step further to achieving what you want and im praying it gives you some help and answers :hugs: xxxxx

Flying, hope youre doing ok xxx

hope you all are having a much better time than i am for sure and are enjoying your pregnancies :hugs:

Babyhopes - i'm glad baby is still ok in there. 1.1kg is actually a great weight for her gestation and is spot on average! Glad her limbs are all measuring the right gestation as well. Fx'd she keeps growing and stays in there nice and long :hugs:

afm - 25 weeks today!!! :happydance:

Happy 26 weeks Sheryl! and all the other ladies changing weeks today as well!

thank you sweetie... :flower:

well that's good news and sad news all wrapped up together leaving me unsure whether to :yipee: or :cry:

So it's great that some bits are growing perfectly well, hope her abdomen plays some catch up! :hugs: A planned c-section will be a much calmer experience and so I hope you get to the point where little lady is NOT in distress and they decide to set a date after all the required injections... so basically hope you go as far as posisble with the limited fluid you have!

Take heart sweetie pie... you've done an amazing job keeping it together! :hugs: Your little one has a Mummy and Daddy who love her so much and all the medical attention she could dream of, she's a very lucky baby in some respects. She's doing so well still growing and staying calm for her Mummy! :thumbup:

BIG BIG :hugs:

thanks for updating us! We're all very concerned about you! :flower:

Preethi, nice to hear back from you. I can only imagine your pain :( and pray that baby stays stress free as long as possible and also for you to have planned C section :hugs: hang in there!

hi preethi
:hugs::hugs::hugs: glad she is not in distressed and still with her mummy :hugs::hugs::hugs: I feel so much emotion for you when I read your posts, I just cant wait till this is all over for you and you have a beautiful healthy girl in your arms. please keep us updated, and I hope that having prayers coming from all over the world is helping :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi everyone else, been busy with my mum. just waiting for mondays ultrasound :coffee: my IUI is not till next wednesday preethi (as long as the ultrasound on monday is ok). I think when I say NEXT wednesday you think I mean the next one coming which was yesterday, but I mean not this one, the NEXT one!! confusing huh.

Sarah: While talking about IUIs my gynec told me that they inject 2 volumes of sperm. I have never heard of that before and I think your DH also provides his sperm once. I do have heard about 2 injections of sperms per IUI though.

Also, she mentioned that with injectables there is much better chance when compared with Clomid but chances of multiple pregnancies also increase.

My new cycle will start somewhere between 15 and 20th of August and my appointment with FS is on 24th which would definitely be more than CD3 of next cycle. So, when I met my gynec she said most she can do for me is prescribe 50mg Clomid for next cycle (no monitoring) which is to be taken from CD3 onwards. Now I am so confused whether to take it or not...she has already written a prescription and Clomid is ready for pick-up in our nearest pharmacy. What do you suggest? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->