ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

hi everyone!

NY you look gorgeous! you look like a thin pregnant person, I dont see any extra fat on you! and how cute OH brought the cake home, awwwww

Huggles I am so happy you are where you are and we are with you holding on with hope every week. when is your next apt to check things? how are you feeling emotionally? Im sure theres ups and downs as you remember Jarod at this time :hugs:

mummy yay is the new job something he will enjoy more, or better pay??

AFM so Ive decided Im good either way....I'll hopefully either get pregnant by December on IUIs, that way I avoided a large IVF cost which I could spend when Im 40 IF we want another (depends if I have multiples :haha:) or if it doesnt work in January we can start IVF and hopefully get some freezies to use later. I was hoping to get pregnant by the time you all start giving birth, then I wanted to just get pregnant by the end of the year, and now Im imagining going into to the new year...gotta keep realistic.

:hugs: hope it'll happen soon sweetie! :thumbup:

Nikki def suits pregnancy! :thumbup:

Job is similar to what he's doing now, but it's contracting. So double the pay, with some risk that he needs to constantly ensure that he has another contract lined up! The plan is, if he con contract for a few years before going back into full time employment (if necessary) we can be in a MUCH better financial situation as we'll use the extra money to pay off as much of our mortgage and a loan so that we will be more comfortable. :thumbup: He also is excited about the challenge of setting up his own business etc as a contractor he'll have to!

so here's a bump pic or two taken today! xx

Attachments

• photo(14).jpg
    photo(14).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
  • photo(13).jpg
    photo(13).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
NY and Mummy: you bumps are so beautiful :hugs: NY, you look so cute and naughty in that bump with cake picture :winkwink:

you look great too mummy....everyone looks so 'tight' and glowing!!

9 years ago I left a full time job, earning great money with full benefits to go freelance. now I earn double I did and dont have annoying bosses to deal with. I often feel you need to take a risk to get ahead, so sounds like a great plan for mike! :thumbup:

Thanks hun! :flower:

I really do hope it's a move he enjoys... that's the biggest thing! xx

I have gained 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks and am up to 142.6. I guess this is ok since it took me 22 weeks to gain back the weight I lost in first tri? I was at my pre-pregnancy weight finally at nearly 23 weeks.

Sheryl, I'm sure the weight gain is fine, as bub is starting to really pile on the weight more and more now; basically that's all it's doing now!!!

Love the pics Mummy!!!!!! You look gorgeous!

Preethi, I hope your scan has gone well... :hugs:

Sarah, that sounds like a good plan hun... Keep planning for the future trying and then when you get a BFP you can forget about all the plans!!! heh.

Sheryl - Your weight gain sounds very similar to mine - took long to start and is now suddenly coming on quickly! I think our babies are having quite a growth spurt right about now!

Great bump mummycat!

Sarah - next appointment is at 28 weeks, so in 3 weeks' time. I need to have a Rhogam shot at that appointment (due to being rh neg). i think i'm doing ok emotionally. i definitely get nervous, and occasionally sad (especially on sunday - that was a bit emotional as i was the same gestation then as when my waters broke), but generally i'm actually coping much better emotionally than i thought i would. It's kind of weird though knowing first hand exactly what the baby inside me looks like at this point, having already held one in my arms...

Glad you have a good plan set up for your IUI and ivf - i think it sounds very sensible. HOpefully you won't need to even follow through with it though due to getting a bfp nice and soon! :dust:

Thank you ladies!

Thinking of you Preethi :flower:

Your weight gain sounds fine Sheryl! :thumbup:

Thought I should share this information with you as I remember us discussing it earlier...I called our insurance to inquire about benefit coverage for infertility treatments. I was told that once deductible is met, 80% of the negotiated cost will be covered and up to 8000 per calender year. I am kind of relieved to hear this. Just today I scheduled appointments with 2 fertility clinics in our area on August 24, we'll visit both the clinics, meet with the physician, understand their program and then decide which one out of two, we would like to stick with. When we met my gynec on Aug 5, she said although there is no cause/reason for infertility but it is right for us to go ahead with assistance in getting pregnant. It scares me to think or talk about it and I cried on the 5th after meeting with my gynec. I wish I was younger and could give myself more time to get pregnant natural way.

Preethi: hope you can come online from your mom's house to give us an update on your scan. Thinking of you and wishing you well...

dew, glad to hear your insurance will cover fertility treatments so well :hugs:

Dew... :hugs: I really hope that once you're involved in the treatments it'll be more exciting for you than sad/scary... I can see the excitement in Sarah's posts when she's updating us on folicles and such and even though it's not a BFP yet, I think there's a feeling of something is happening and that little something is exciting.

I'm hoping that you'll fall pregnant naturally though!! :thumbup: Would be lovely if it happened before all your meetings :D :D

Thought I should share this information with you as I remember us discussing it earlier...I called our insurance to inquire about benefit coverage for infertility treatments. I was told that once deductible is met, 80% of the negotiated cost will be covered and up to 8000 per calender year. I am kind of relieved to hear this. Just today I scheduled appointments with 2 fertility clinics in our area on August 24, we'll visit both the clinics, meet with the physician, understand their program and then decide which one out of two, we would like to stick with. When we met my gynec on Aug 5, she said although there is no cause/reason for infertility but it is right for us to go ahead with assistance in getting pregnant. It scares me to think or talk about it and I cried on the 5th after meeting with my gynec. I wish I was younger and could give myself more time to get pregnant natural way.

oh thats so greatl! I was hoping he had a good insurance when you said he worked for a large company.

I guess I feel differently about treatments, I want to do everything possible to have my first child and I dont care how it happens. I can always try naturally for my 2nd. It was mine and hubbies decision to leave it so late and now I have to deal with that. You do have some more time than me, but you are wanting to fast forward things a little and thats ok!

having been through treatments I think the scariest part is taking that step to say 'ok I need help', once you are going through it its quite interesting. Nothing has felt too invasive or overly stressful. i might feel differently when doing IVF but Ive talked to some of the girls and they say the IVF drugs are no worse than IUI drugs even though stronger. The egg collection is the only invasive part, but you are under sedation for that.

I used to think that once I was doing treatments it would be much worse to get a bfn or AF, but so far it hasnt been. That might be something you might need to work on as I know the end of the cycles have been rough for you....perhaps try to look at the bigger picture of say 3 or 6 months of treatments rather than hoping it happens first time :hugs:

what a celebration we will have when we get those bfps!

Thanks Huggles, Mummy and Sarah! :hugs:

Sarah: Do you have info on IVF success rate among women with unexplained infertility like you and me with all tests normal? Just got thinking if we should directly go for IVF and expect it to work in 1st attempt or try couple of IUIs.

One reason out of many that worries me about IUI or IVF is multiple pregnancies. I always wanted 1 baby at a time and a total of 2 kids.

Hi ladies!

First, thank you so much for all of you with your nice compliments of my bumpy picture. I felt very naughty with my cake after I took sugars out for over a week! THEN i went to the zoo today and had cotton candy. hahhaha
Mummy- yay for hubbie's new job!! Exciting times! And super cute picture, I love your top. Are you all in maternity clothing or just whatever fits?

Huggles- I am sorry to hear about Jarod's lungs. I have heard that without steroids when they are really early, their lungs just aren't ready. My doctor told me that after 32 weeks I think it is, they don't need steroids anymore when they suspect preterm labor. Its 32 or 34. Now I forget. Hope we all pass that point.

Preethi- hugs. thinking about you.

Sarah-I laughed out loud when you said you could always have "freezies" with your eggs at 40. Love it! Hope it doesn't come to that, but you know that you have no control over it all so I think your attitude is pretty realistic in it all! How much is IVF? If you do IUI for that many cycles, have you paid for almost the same amount as IVF yet?

Dew- Thats really good insurance coverage for infertility! . ...Just dont go to the doctor who will implant 14 eggs or whatever inside you. Lol. I agree with Sarah- I wouldn't care how I got my children once it is all said and done. I work with an infertility doctor to do those HSG exams and seriously, so many women deal with it. I know a ton of them dont talk about it or let you even know about it as its a very emotional subject. Even young women have to deal with it, so dont feel bad. Sure, you coulda tried earlier, but you didn't for reasons, and now here you are. Its not that you are so old you have no time! I think starting with treatments right away instead of waiting longer is probably the best idea to feel like you've really taken your dreams and tried to make them happen as fully as you can. I also feel guilt a lot of times that I didn't have my 3 children before age 30 like I wanted and now my children will be very far apart. Every situation has a more ideal version of itself! I hope that you get a good BFP before your apointments in a few weeks. If not, then you'll at least be doing every single thing you can do now to get that bfp. That will feel good. No regrets.

Sorry if I missed anything. Hunny just got home from work and is making me sloppy joe's for dinner. Sounds disgusting maybe, but Im a bit excited. Lol.

NY: :hugs: to you! I am so emotional these days that I am loving you guys giving me realistic advice, just what I need to hear right now.

At one of the Fertility clinics, cost for IVF is about $12,000 plus more if you go for additional stuff such as ICSI or freezing eggs (plus about $600 per year to maintain those frozen eggs). IUI info is not their online but Sarah said it is about $500 per cycle. So it will really take a whole lot of IUIs to be equal to one IVF.

Mummy: sorry I missed it earlier...congratulations on hubby's new job. Good luck to him and hope he loves it! Also hoping for things to get better in London with increased police force out on streets.

Sarah: Do you have info on IVF success rate among women with unexplained infertility like you and me with all tests normal? Just got thinking if we should directly go for IVF and expect it to work in 1st attempt or try couple of IUIs.

I was told the IUI rate was 20% success and IVF about 30%. Doesnt sound that great, but when you think about how people doing IUI/IVF are already having problems and some will never be able have children, so I think thats why the rate is low. I wish they could give the statistics for unexplained infertility, I bet it would be higher.

Multiples is always a risk, I guess you could start off with unmedicated IUIs so there just one egg, and move on from there. With IVF you could have just one embryo put in, but its a lot of money to risk on just one. Seeing as Ive popped out 7 eggs the last 2 months and not been pregnant Im willing to risk multiples.

Im expecting IVF to be about $12,000 as well. I have heard that IUIs are quite a bit more in the US....nearer $1800 :growlmad:

personally I would try a couple of IUIs before IVF, its far less expense and medication going into your body...would be different if you were 40 but you do have time so might as well go slowly. although you will probably be just like me, getting impatient and keep fast forwarding every month :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->