ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

:hi:

Dew - we arrived back home about 10pm last night. What was supposed to be a three day trip turned into a 6 day one due to people being ill. Mike's great Aunt (Papa's sister) passed away in the early hours of Monday morning and Papa is not well enough to sort everything out. Granny who was well enough to drive etc took a bad turn on the Sunday and so on Monday when we were supposed to be leaving to come back home we were carting Mike's grandparents to the doctors and having to console them over the loss of Aunty Flo... also then deal with all the paperwork and stuff relating to hospitals and deaths! :(

Mike's father and Aunt flew in from South Africa on Wednesday morning and got down to Cornwall by the afternoon! We used dinner time on Wed evening and most of the morning on Thursday to do a 'hand over' to them and update them on all the going's on, then left Cornwall yesterday after lunch.

Lottie was an angel... we had to buy more clothes cos we ran out of clean ones and had to change hotel to one 20miles further away because all of this has happened at the busiest time in the busiest place in England.

I'm so sorry to hear your news Flying! :hugs:
Preethi I'm so sorry that things aren't improving and that little lady has to come out as early as 32 weeks. how very scary for you. Obviously the doctors are trying to guage what's best as take her out too early and you may have problems and keep her in too long and you may have problems! So I'll keep my fingers crossed that your little one is a fighter and that she gives you the strength to get through it all! :hugs:

Dew, I'm sorry about AF... and hope that IUI works for you hun!
Sarah... what a crazy cycle you've had... hope this one brings you a surprise (against all odds... sometimes.... those are the ones that work!!)
NDH... :hugs: and hope you get sorted soon! Congrats on being over half way!
NY.. WOW you and Flying don't have long to go now! :shock:
Sheryl... congrats on third trimester!
Huggles... Happy V Day hun! :flower:

I hope I've not missed anyone! :hugs: to you all!

Oh man! bad news coming from everywhere. So sorry about the misadventure Mummy...I hope all this is not affecting your health, we hardly get to hear about your pregnancy and new baby :( Sending best wishes to you and your family :hugs:

I just calculated DH's wages for a week if he gets this new job and I think it may work out to be more than the other job. He will be working 4 12 hour shifts so there's 8 hours of overtime built in every week. Plus our health insurance costs will be cut considerably because his smaller company didn't cover me at all and this huge company will cover the majority of the cost of insuring Kristin and I. Please God let this work out. We should hear from them in 2-3 weeks. DH's brother works at the company he is interviewing with and someone that knows they are brothers was telling him good things they had heard about DH's interview.

NDH I wish this economy would get better for both our sakes but I don't know how long this is going to really take.

Oh man! bad news coming from everywhere. So sorry about the misadventure Mummy...I hope all this is not affecting your health, we hardly get to hear about your pregnancy and new baby :( Sending best wishes to you and your family :hugs:

Thank you honey.

Pregnancy is going okay. I get a very sore back at night and suffer with rubbish heartburn all day long - otherwise no big news - oh while we were away I was taking on too much and got very swollen (ALL OVER... including girly bits - if you know what I mean).. .So I went to get my BP checked and saw a midwife and BP was fine but have traces of protein in my urine. Just need to keep an eye on it.

And rest... that's what I need to do!

Oh and we now think we are likely to be team :pink: basically I found a scan in my maternity notes (there were six pics that I never looked at very well and one was a potty shot) It's very likely to be a girl :)

Sheryl, I hope it works out okay! :hugs:

There are details in my journal... if you'd like to see the scan... it's a couple pages back now I think! :thumbup:

Mummy: sorry about protein content in your urine, so did they check for UTI? As long as blood pressure remains normal, I read you need not worry, else there may be slight risk of preeclempsia. Hope it's nothing to worry about. Good wishes to you :hugs:

I just calculated DH's wages for a week if he gets this new job and I think it may work out to be more than the other job. He will be working 4 12 hour shifts so there's 8 hours of overtime built in every week. Plus our health insurance costs will be cut considerably because his smaller company didn't cover me at all and this huge company will cover the majority of the cost of insuring Kristin and I. Please God let this work out. We should hear from them in 2-3 weeks. DH's brother works at the company he is interviewing with and someone that knows they are brothers was telling him good things they had heard about DH's interview.

NDH I wish this economy would get better for both our sakes but I don't know how long this is going to really take.

Hope it works out this time for your DH Sheryl, sounds very good :thumbup: Good luck!

Mummy: sorry about protein content in your urine, so did they check for UTI? As long as blood pressure remains normal, I read you need not worry, else there may be slight risk of preeclempsia. Hope it's nothing to worry about. Good wishes to you :hugs:

Thanks hun... she didn't mention UTI, i haven't shown any other symptoms of it. My consultant did want my BP checked regularly towards the end of my pregnancy as I had an issue with high BP with Lottie! x

I'm sure it'll all be fine! :thumbup:

hi everyone

did my IUI today! so we had just over 5 million sperm with 50% motility....not bad when he had released the day before, also they say the freezing/defrost can lower the count. last month was 29 mil and 85% motility I think it was, so a lot lower this time and only 1 follicle but I dont care anymore! dew you said it best, you can overthink and then nothing happens, so what will be will be. Im happy with the count as theres people in the assisted folder that dont even get that high when their hubby has abstained. now its all over and I can enjoy the week with my family. my sister came with me as hubby was at a meeting, I was saying to her if this is my month then she was there from the beginning and perhaps have a special bond with the child :cloud9:

wow lots of posts, I tried to read everything, I dont have much time with my family here sorry...

ndh and sheryl: I really hope you both get some good news soon....its so hard. Ive been in a situation when we opened a business and it sucked up all our money and each month I didnt know if I could pay all my bills. :nope: its really stressful but do keep up the hope....hopefully the tight times are temporary and will lead to something amazing.

mummy wow thats loads of stress and Im so glad that lottie was a champ throughout the whole trip :hugs: and awwwww another little girlie :cloud9: do you think lottie would be happy with a little sister?

dew sorry you are having a crappy AF :cry: if you end up on clomid that will all change, I have 2 day periods now....love it. oh and since my dad passed away I am now a wreck and always cry at movies!! I just watched 'the help' with my mum and I was balling at the end :cry:

huggles I hope you are right, but I doubt I will be that lucky :nope: and I know what you mean, it seems late to me too. but this clinic is one of the best in canada and they always do the IUI 2 days after the trigger shot (which acts like a natural surge) as they find thats the most effective and I mentioned to the nurse that I might have ovulated yesterday and she said 'well this is still good timing' :shrug: when I was questionning the nurse yesterday she mentioned how their protocols are strict and based on lots of data. I have to just trust them and go with it!

Sarah: great it's done, now just relax and have fun with family, let this 2WW go faster than ever :)

So, today DH started to think that may be I should start clomid tomorrow, I called one of the 2 clinics which was still open at 4pm and talked to a nurse of doctor I am scheduled to meet. She said if I am under treatment (i.e. taking clomid) then doctor wouldn't see me for that cycle. So no clomid for me this cycle and I am happy this way. I hope DH understands. He is in a flight so doesn't know about my conversation with nurse yet.

...and Sarah, it is definitely very heavy bleeding this time and although it is exhausting but I like it this way, makes me think that my lining was good :)

Dew :hugs: nice that hubby is so interested in the process! :thumbup: you must feel very supported! xxx

Sarah... hope that IUI goes well and :dust: for the 2WW.
I think Lottie would be happy with either to be honest... she's just mad about babies! :cloud9: Her best friend is a boy... so don't think she'd have an issue with a brother... but a sister will mean they can hopefully get on well. It'll be weird... I've only experienced having a brother ... so don't know what she'll be going through/get to experience! :shrug:

...and Sarah, it is definitely very heavy bleeding this time and although it is exhausting but I like it this way, makes me think that my lining was good :)

I used to think that too, as I had really heavy periods. but my lining has been perfect both months and both months barely any blood! its sooooo weird :shrug:

Im sure hubby will understand, best to go to the clinic with no medication rather than having to wait another month (just the clomid only might not do anything so why bother). who knows perhaps they will want to skip clomid and go on injectables. I asked the nurse today how long I may stay on clomid, and she said as long as the lining is ok theres no set amount of time. but she said the FS will decide, and I see her in October. The injectables are going to cost about $1000 per month compared to $80 for clomid, so much more but I want to do a few cycles of injectable before IVF, as its still way cheaper than IVF!

Sheryl, good luck to your DH for this job - it sounds ideal :). And a 4 day work week (though long days) means you get to have him home with you and the baby an extra day ! I always found normal weekends to be too short - never enough time to get everything done AND feel rested and was always more productive after a 3-day weekend. (even if his day off would be in the middle of the week that still helps).

Preethi, good luck with your Girlies next growth scan.

Mummy, welcome home from what sounds like a rather harrowing trip. Will be interesting to see if your guess from the potty shot is correct. It's fun to guess from pictures but never be quite sure :thumbup:

Sarah, 5million washed, previously frozen sperm is quite good! There are many couples who deal with those kinds of numbers normally and are pleased with that - all thanks to your hubby's super sperm. It only takes one, but please let this be the month that one gets to the finish line.

Dew, we nearly went to see planet of the apes with my parents last night. I wasn't too keen at first but then came here and the last post was your comment about it so I decided ok. Then we realised the only showing was at 9pm and that was too late for all of us so it'll have to wait for another time.

Mummy, :hugs: welcome back... so sorry to hear about the death in the family... youve had a tough trip.. hoping everything goes well for you soon. xxxx and congratulations of the :pink: bump... im sure lottie will be happy.. let us know when you get it confirmed xxx

mummy, my LO is not distressed at the moment, they just think it might be better for her to be out at 32 weeks, but they have not given me a confirmed date or commitment as of now.. i will find out more on monday when i go for my next growth scan. as of now she is doing ok inside. xx

Sarah, FX'D that IUI has worked for you.. like the woman said, if freezing reduces the count and even if there were only 5 million, one is enough to do the job !!!!! so hoping this is it for you.. and so nice of your sister to be there with you as well for moral support xxx

Dew. sorry your suffering with heavy bleeding.. hope it calms down soon :hugs: I think you should wait for your FS appointment before you start clomid, it is in 4 days and you should be able to get some advice from her xx

Wow mummy, what an ordeal! :hugs: I'm glad you're home though and bub is growing well! :)

Sarah; yay for having it all done, regardless of if it does work out this month or not, there's nothing more you can do about it now; it's all in the hands of your body to do it's thang!!! I also suspect that because of all the stuffing around and things that make it less likely, might just mean it's the month it'll work! FX anyway, and a ton of babydust being blown your way from down here!

Dew, ugh, I had fairly heavy periods for a while when my cycle was out of sync from having the injectable contraception for a few years (it was a long time ago, but I remember it took a good year AFTER the last injection for my cycles to settle down!) and it really does knock you!!! :hugs: it sucks she's arrived at all, let alone draining you so much!!! :(

Ok, I stole hubbys camera to take to the midwife (seeing my camera is still up north!) for the usual heartbeat video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tumofiHYF14

And seeing I've got his camera, I got a bump pic too:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/DSCF0610.jpg
it's bad lighting tonight though and I don't know his camera very well to adjust it properly, so it'll do! lol. You can see it's growing well anyway... ;)

Thanks ladies :flower:

Preethi, we'll only be confirming sex when s/he arrives :)so another 10 or so weeks to go!

Keeping everything crosses for a good scan for you on Monday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"