ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Ive bought all the stuff for hospital, but havent packed my bags yet ! totally forgot to mention your neice, im sorry about her, i do hope she comes out of nicu as soon as possible ! she is full term and in good weight, so its only the fever that needs to calm down. fx'd hoping everything goes well for her xx

Thank you. I just hope nothing else was wrong that I dont know about.....Also, my sister was heart broken last night when I went to visit with her. I guess the baby had just gotten an IV in her head and it looks really really bloody and aweful:( I just feel so sad for the family right now. Her husband came back for his 2 week leave from his deployment, and this is what they have to deal with while he is back, heart break. So sad!

Sheryl - sorry you failed the test. It very probably was the muffin. But if it's just by 2 points then there's a good chance you'll pass the 3 hour test - just remember to fast beforehand! Sucks that you have to do it though :hugs:

Babyhopes - Gemma Louise is a really pretty name. I like Holly Jane too. I don't think you need to decide for definite before baby is born. Once you meet her you'll know which name suits her best.

Ny - I really hope your sister's baby can come out of nicu soon. It's so heartbreaking when things go wrong - even at term. You think "great, i'm full term, now nothing can go wrong" and then things do. Everything is always so unpredictable. You think you're going in to meet your baby and you're all excited etc, and then something unexpected happens like this fever. It really can be very upsetting. I hope she gets better soon :hugs:

Happy third tri Huggles!!!! woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Ny, I hope your niece comes out soon, it is scary when something goes awry, regardless of if they're full term or not; they're still such fragile lil guys.....

33 weeks today; only 7 to go now!

Lots to comment on.

Firstly NY, I pray your little neice recovers quickly from her fever so she can go home and have bonding time with her parents before her daddy's leave is up. How heartbreaking for them to have to go through this with a full term baby - and i can't imagine seeing my baby - or any baby - with a bloody IV in their head :(. Does that mean she had a build up of cranial pressure they had to relieve. I hope not.

Secondly NY, if the lying about smoking is bothering you more than the actual smoking you need to sit him down and talk to him about that. Let him know that you understand addictions are hard to break and you are aware that it hasn't been/won't be easy for him to quit, but that you can't tolerate him lying. But then you have to try not to get angry at him if he does continue to smoke or it will just encourage him to lie about it. As has been said, he probably feels terrible about not having the willpower to quit and doesnt need to feel worse about it. No lying and no smoking in the car or near the house are the issues you should stick with, and then try to support him as best you can with quitting.

Sheryl - so sorry you passed the GTT :(. I guess there's a reason you're supposed to fast (maybe not there but you have to here for the 1 hour one). I'm sure you'll pass the 2 or 3 hour one easily since it was just 2 points, but what a horrible test :(.

Preethi, if you're taking votes my vote is for Gemma Louise as well - it sounds both Gorky and grown up at the same time and seems to have great significance to you. And I think what names mean is important too. But you don't have to decide for definite until she's born. At least you have a couple of options and can settle on the best one when you meet her. Some people have only one name and t at doesn't suit and the. They scramble for another option.

Sorry, I intentionally posted early - I'm on my iPodAnd the battery is low and I didn't want it to die and lose the entire post.

Dew, some other valid points were made about some Drs being intentionally negative in order to make their success look greater, or to justify people paying more money for treatments they may or may not a tually have needed at that point. So a second opinion would be a good thing. And I really do hope for the nest possible outcome for you :hugs:

Huggles happy 27 weeks! Sheryl happy 28 weeks! Flying happy 33 weeks! And happy 22 weeks to me!

Not going to be around this weekend - we're going camping with my parents. Just 2 hours away and it's not reapply camping (we will be in tents but the camp ground has tennis courts and a hot tub lol).

See you all when I get back.

enjoy your camping ndh!

Re the IV in the head - they always put IV's in the head on tiny babies (i think up to about 6 months) - it's the easiest place to get a good vein.

Strange that I've never noticed that before :shrug:

CD8-we BDed tonight and I cried before BD :cry:
Will come online tomorrow and write more....
NDH, have fun at camping!

:hugs: Dew and :dust: for those spermies

NY... sorry to hear about your niece :( that's heartbreaking but hopefully before long she'll be home safe and sound!

Natalie.. have a fab time camping! :flower: and happy 22 weeks! :dance:
Happy 33 weeks Flying and 28 weeks Sheryl! :yipee:

Preethi... I love the name Gemma Louise. If it helps... I know quite a few Gemma's and they're all lovely! Sweet caring and considerate... all of them!

I have NCT ladies popping round today. Lottie's best pals and the new baby Millie! Lottie's very excited to see her again! :cloud9: She calls her Minnie though! :rofl:

ny, i am so sorry about your niece :cry: im really concerned about how babies cope in nicu.. and i know im in for a long ride, just praying your niece comes out soon xx

flying, happy 33 weeks. !!

NDH, happy 22 weeks !! and enjoy camping. xxx

Thanks for the votes on the names ladies, dh loves gemma louise and has poo poo'd my new choice of caitlin danielle or caitlin jane.. ! i love the new name ive found, i guess we will settle on one sooner or later xx

AFM, my sister is landing tomorrow around 11pm, and im seeing her after 4-5 months, so thats going to be nice, she is visiting for a week, she was actually coming over thinking my baby is going to be delivered, but now things have changed and LO will be in there hopefully until 34 weeks !

Have a good weekend everyone xx

ooh have fun with the NCT ladies Mummy.. its always nice to have a good catch up ! xx sweet lottie xx

haha, I'm laughing at your new find of the name Caitlin, as our *only* choice for a girls name is Caitlyn Rose; both me and hubby have loved that name for years before even TTC, we don't even have a back up girls name at all; we're so set on it being Caitlyn if it's a girl... ;)

Dont worry about me stealing your name of * Caitlin * i get your warning already as you mentioned about years of loving that name, so dont worry about it as DH does not like it at all, so i wont be going against him .

@ amy,(the above mentioned) is all in good humour.. :hugs: some women actually fight like cats over names lol

i think dh is pretty keen on our first choice of Gemma anyway.. :) i quite like danielle though but dh keeps insisting that it sounds like the male :daniel , theres obviously a difference lol

i just feel like i did a mistake by telling some people the name weve chosen when theyve asked so it dosent feel special to me anymore.. still love it though

I haven't read to the end yet but want to reply to NDH- thank you for great advice regarding the OH issues. I agree with all that has been said and have extended some more supportive approaches to all of this with him. I am just afraid to surrender, and then he will lie again. Does this seem like im just being kinda nutso or is this valid?

The IV thing- yea, they did it just to get the fluids in her. Guess they had one in her arm, but it was no good. She didn't have anything in her brain with preassure or anything thank god!

have fun with camping. I can't imagine the tent will be too comfy with a belly! Those air mattresses are tough on me not pregnant!

Preethi- it is common for people to keep their names a secret and NOW I know whY! Every time I think i've figured out a name, someone ruins it for me with not liking it, or I knew someone and they were aweful...blah blah blah. Its frustrating. I am glad your sister is coming, but too bad she couldn't have waited just a couple more weeks to meet her niece! Its so awesome being an aunt. Where is she from?

My neice came home! Yay! IV's out and no infection or fever and all tests came back good. We are happy and I hope she continues to do well! I finally get to see her today and can't think of what kind of gift to buy for her now that she is home......

Dew- hope you are doing better today.

Names are going to be the death of me. I even started a thread about naming this baby because im so confused! I am almost there and can't even figure out what his name is besides "bean". I feel terrible!

NY: I totally hear what you are saying about the lying, I just feel the 'Im not smoking' lie is a little different to a regular lie...I dont think it means he will then lie about everything else. I think if you express to him that the lying is what bothers you the most hopefully he will work on it, its just if he cant talk to you because you will be angry then he is less likely to tell the truth, so I think theres work to do on both sides. Im glad things are better, I was worried as I read all the posts at once and one point you were saying you might not even be together when the baby was born and that made me very sad :cry: like I mentioned I saw my strong caring wonderful father turn into a weird lying stranger when he was trying to give up, but that wasnt the real him. :hugs: :kiss: I hope your neice is doing ok (sorry I must have missed that original post) ...I cant imagine seeing that whole IV thing, how hard.

preethi my neice is caitlin and she is gorgeous so I am biased!! I quite like gemma too. My choices for a girl are Chloe and Meaghan, for boys I like Cieran and Ethan. Will I ever get to use those names thats the question!

dew :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: look forward to hearing more from you...I do hope you get a 2nd opinion as what if that clinic exaggerates to make people do the expensive treatments. and I would like to know if you have the day 3 estrogen tests to confirm the high estrogen or not. If you do go for IVF that would be exciting as I cant afford it till January unless I get some extra work, Im going to try as I would like to do asap. Someone that is 41 in the over 35 folder was told she couldnt use her own eggs for IVF and that only 1 in every 5 eggs is a good egg at that age. Im not far off that age so Im assuming the same....I dont want to waste valuable months so will do IVF as soon as I can afford. Did you work out how much it would cost you? Im looking at about $12,000 as I dont have any coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->