ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Dew, all that information is very interesting. and somehow i feel although D2 was abrupt, he gave you the truth and wants to go straight into IVF ? i think if you are able financially, then you shouldnt wait any longer.. xxx i dont know much about the whole thing as i am not aware about follicles etc, but i do hope you are able to find a solution soon xxx praying for you and sarah constantly xx

Thank you, all!

A woman with poor ovarian reserve is not a good candidate for IVF. I really need to know more about my ovaries, their current condition and their reaction to stimulation by hormonal drugs. Once I know that, I can ask doctor if IUI or IVF is a better option.

In simple words, every woman is born with a limited supply of eggs and it seems like my ovary is already running out of eggs. Remaining eggs are older and hence not very efficient in growth and at implantation. FSH is also expected to be higher in such case and together they are bad news for a successful pregnancy.

my family just left, so feeling all depressed :cry: I always feel so lonely as they all live in england and I just have my husband here. my 12 yr old neice started crying at the airport and made us all cry :cry: I cant imagine what it would be like if I had a baby they had to say goodbye too as well, even worse Im sure. will be just relaxing tomorrow, tidying up and getting back to normal. hope everyone is good :flower:

Sarah, :hugs: to you, hoping someone comes real soon in your life to fill that vacuum. Sorry I forgot to ask how s your 2ww going? Feeling any different? Good luck for a BFP!

Sheryl: sorry you failed first GT, hoping 3 hour test results are normal for you. When do you get to know?

Preethi, good luck for growth scan tomorrow :hugs: wishing all the best for your precious Gem!

NY, glad things worked out between you and OH :hugs: where there is love, there is hope!

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs: to Flying, Huggles, Mummy and NDH!

Take care you all!

thanks dew :hugs: Ive been having sore nipples but Ive had that one other cycle before. nothing much else. bfn this morning... Im either 9dpo or 10dpo if I ovulated the night before. evil one is due thursday or fridayish....Im totally fine if she comes and hope next cycle I have lots of follicles! last month was great as I was in vegas for most of the 2WW and this month my family was here, I think I have to plan things every 2WW as it really takes your mind off it.
when are you due AF?

Sarah- that stinks your family left. Its so hard I bet to say goodbye again. Do you see them around christmas next? Sorry for the bfn- at least 2ww went by nicely. Now start planning for next 2ww!

Dew- I just noticed this time you took your cycle ticker down, you are really not paying any attention are yoU!

She told us before she didn't want to chart this cycle.

I will find out my GTT results in the morning. I am very nervous about it. The first hour of that test was absolutely miserable.

Dew thanks for ur wishes but I went today instead of tomorrow as I had contraction type pains constantly ...it wasn't a growth scan just checked for distress through scan but baby was completely fine and baby was moving there was amniotic fluid measuring 5.3 which is better than before but then again as and when baby moves u get different measurements of fluid. So it's still low but everythings fine and doc wants to push me to 36weeks !!! Fx d fx d Fx d !! But he says that's certainly where he will draw the line and feel comfortable with it too. After today's scan he's confident that I will make it from 34 and hopefully to 36!

The contraction pains were from a slight urinary infection that I have to take pills for

Sarah :hugs: dew :hugs: praying for both of you xxxxxxxx

Hope everyone else is fine xx have a fab day

Oh Dew! :cry: Thanks for sharing all that information... it must be so much to take in and I am sorry it's going to be such a tough road ahead! :hugs:

I'll be keeping you and Sarah in my thoughts and prayers :dust:

HollyMonkey... was fabulous news hun! :dance:

Preethi... hope you're okay and glad the doc feels confident you'll get to 34 weeks! :thumbup:

:hugs:

Sorry to hear you have a UTI babyhopes, but glad you got some pills and that's so great that the dr is confident you can get to 34 weeks and is now even hoping for 36 weeks! Absolutely great news!

I had a lovely visit with my mom today - we chatted about my baby shower. It will be on 1 Oct - i'll be 32 weeks then - that's in like 5 weeks' time!!!

36 mummy, hes pushing me to go to 36 and he thinks im gonna make it to 36 !

sarah, sorry that your family left and ur feeling down about it :hugs: hope u feel better soon xxx

dew, hoping you find the best treatment thats right for you :hugs:

sounds exciting about your shower huggles !!! yay

yeah im really hoping to get to 36 xxxx

NY yes I will go home for xmas if not pregnant. If I get pregnant and its the 1st trimester hubby wouldnt want me to fly....especially if we've spent $12,000 in IVF :rofl: so if that happens I might try and pay for them to come here just after Xmas. but I love going home for Xmas (Ive spent only 2 xmases here in Canada in 17 years of living here) so thats why I was planning on starting IVF in January. But Im tempted to do it before as mentioned, however I dont think we can make it happen that quick due to meeting with the FS plus I want to try injectables + IUI a few times before IVF. arrgghhhh so many decisions! can I just get pregnant next month instead :growlmad:

preethi thats wonderful news I hope you make it that far :cloud9::hugs:

Yea, I know she said that she wasn't charting this cycle. Thats why I said that.

Preethi yay for baby doing so well. Im so happy to hear that! Have they mentioned if you'd still need that steroid injection if you made it to 36? My doc told me either after 34 or 36 weeks you dont need that anymore....do you know for sure? So proud of your little girl!

Huggles- yay for the baby shower. I can't believe in just 5 weeks you will be as far as I am now. Wow time flies when it is not your own pregnancy! Lol.

And Dew- I was just making a statement up there, not asking you a question- just that you aren't following even your cycle days this time around to know when AF is due. Good for yoU!

Preethi: that is very good news, we are praying for you and your baby girl, I am excited at the news of "36 weeks" :)

I am not BBT charting this cycle hence that link removed; Lately, my cycle length has been ranging from 25-28 days so cycle tracker wasn't accurate anymore so I removed that as well.

I can't go without calculating my AF and ovulation dates because DH has a traveling job and he needs to know in advance when he shouldn't be planning a trip. I am on CD11 today, DH is a very optimistic person, he wants us to give our best shot to our last natural TTC cycle so he made me do OPKs (against my wish), I had a fairly decent band yesterday with no smiley and a good band with a smiley today. CM has been clear/watery/eggwhite too for last 2 days so I guess I should ovulate tonight or tomorrow. AF due on Sept 12-15.

Keeping my FXed for Sarah (for a BFP) and Sheryl (for normal GT result)!

ny, as far as I know they don't give steroids after 34 weeks, so I would assume that if babyhopes does manage to get to 36 weeks she wouldn't get the steroids anymore.

I was also wondering though, that if they let you get to 36 weeks, would you still have to have a c-section or would they try induce you for you for natural birth?

Ny & Huggles, im hoping they still give me the shot of steroids if i get to 36 as a precautionary measure.. as i read on the premature section that someone who gave birth at 36 or 37 had to have nitric given to their baby to help open its lungs to breathe.. i know they concentrate a lot on lung maturity and he said the good thing about 36 is less intervention in NICU but 36 is still a good 4 weeks ( a whole month) early and therefore i myself would request for the steroid shots as ive hears nothing and nothing but good stories after steroids and how well babies have done in NICU with breathing, especially the ones who have recieved the shots.

Huggles, there is no chance at all that i will be able to give birth naturally as the main cause of all this problem is low amniotic fluid. with low amniotic fluid, baby does not have enough fluid to be able to turn herself down to the natural birth position, plus doctor said that with my baby being small in weight and measurements, even if she turned and i had enough fluid, they wouldnt want to risk the whole contraction thing which stresses babies during delivery.

My baby does not have enough fluid to turn herself round, so i wont be able to give birth naturally, but apart from that, he said anyway we would not want to put a IUGR (intra uterine growth restricted ) baby under the distress of natural birth.

so c - section it is !! atleast ive got Ny on this thread as a section buddy :thumbsup:

Ok huggles, after i posted the above comment, i did google it... and i may well be wrong !!! i might not need the steroids although i would only be able to confirm this after my next week appointment.., xx

It does sound like a section might be the safer way to go in your case then.

As for 36 weeks still being a full 4 weeks early - technically full term is anything from 37 weeks onwards, so she would only be 1 week away from being full term, although I do get what you're saying. Would be interesting to hear what the doctors say when you ask them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->