ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

So exciting that they actually have decided you can make it until 36 weeks now. This is such a drastic change in expectations from when you first heard of it all Preethi. Its turning much happier:) The c section sucks, im terrified as it is really icky, but here we go!

Dew- I still think its sweet that your DH is so involved. Even if he is forcing you to do things you didnt want to! But still, he really cares about the process, and thats not easy to find in a man. Usually they don't get too involved in all of this. Hope you have a happy 2ww.

Huggles- almost 28 weeks! Thats the week I got to and felt safer, as preterm at that stage seemed a lot better than at the 24 week mark. yay!

I am off to work today. My back is so bad Idk how im going to make it until october:( I will call on physical therapy today. Last week doctor prescribed it but I didnt do it cuz I dont personally have much faith in them. But I can barely walk and so I better give it my best effort at least. Wish me luck getting through the day at work. I will be crawling to my car by the end of the day with tears down my cheeks because of the pain. Yuck.

So sorry to hear you're in such pain NY. I really hope the physical therapy helps you :hugs:

and yes, i'm very excited to almost be 28 weeks! Got my 28 week appointment on wed at which i'm expecting to get my rhogam shot (for rh neg), then my first hypnobirthing class on thursday evening, and then our antenatal one day crash course on saturday! busy week!

I guess I don't need that RH- shot or I would have had it by now.

I passed my 3 hour test with flying colors and cried tears of relief after dreading the news all weekend.

Great news Sheryl!! :thumbup:
...and you will need rhogam shot only if you are A-ve and DH is A+ve. I got it at 6 weeks of my incomplete pregnancy because I had started to spot.

Edit: I am A -ve but you could be any other blood group :) so basically unless you are Rh-ve and DH Rh+ve, there is no need to be concerned.

Huggles: Congrats on completing 28 weeks!! So, is there a theme to your baby shower? Is your mom or friends going to host it for you or you will be the host? I made very cute diaper cake for my friend's baby shower, it cost a total of $85 but we 4 friends shared the expense.

NY: sorry about your backache, hope physical therapy helps...take it easy at work if possible.

Huggles: Congrats on completing 28 weeks!! So, is there a theme to your baby shower? Is your mom or friends going to host it for you or you will be the host? I made very cute diaper cake for my friend's baby shower, it cost a total of $85 but we 4 friends shared the expense.

I'm not quite 28 weeks yet, but very nearly there :D

My mom will be organising and hosting my shower. I just don't like surprises, especially pregnancy/baby-related surprises, and especially after last year there are certain emotional ramifications, so we have talked about the shower and she asked me if I was happy with her ideas etc. So i know more or less what will be happening so i can prepare myself mentally and emotionally.
I don't think there is a theme as such. There is a lady that lives in the same neighbourhood as my mom that hosts tea parties from her house and makes yummy food etc, so my mom has organised to have the shower there. Other than that, it will basically just be a tea party with presents, and maybe one or two simple games - but nothing embarrassing. That's how i like it so i'm happy.

I guess I must have been + because they never tested DH's blood.

Huggles: just 2 more days :) I would also want my baby shower to be simple but well organized with only a few close friends. Yours sound great to me!

Preethi; yay for hoping to get to 36 weeks!!!! That's soooooo much better than before! My little brother was (naturally) born at 36 weeks with no problems at all. Mum went into labour early, but he was fine. In fact, he was over 8 pounds! lol!! So I have high hopes your lil girl will get to 36 weeks too, and it will make life so much happier for her to get there safely! I imagine that seeing she *is* being constricted they may still do steroids though, as her development may be limited with the restricted space and they wouldn't want to risk her having any further problems once out... I guess you'll find out, but I'm just so excited she's doing well in there! Yay!!!

Ny, have you gotten a proper support belt yet!? I know your PT said something about them not being good, but *every* women I know who's had bad back pain has found some relief by having a proper support belt to lift the weight. When it's *that* bad, surely a belt would be a good thing!!!? You wouldn't need to wear it 24/7, just when your'e at work or something when you have to be able to function! I mean one of those full on strapped up things to hold the bump up, not a wee plain belly band. TBH I'd be out buying one online regardless of my PT if the pain was as bad as you describe... :hugs:!!!

Sheryl, the majority of people are + rather than -, though of course there are still a ton of - people out there too!!! I'm + so it's of no issue for me either. :) And yay for passing the GD test! It's a relief to know you're all good isn't it! I was so glad when my midwife txted me that night! lol.

Supposedly only 15% of the population are rh neg which is really funny considering of the 4 friends in my group that are pg or recently had babies, 3 of us are rh neg!

Ladies Sarah will update all of u as I've sent her a detailed email

Basically I'm admitted and lost some mucous plug and my waters broke in the clinic this morning

Will have baby tonight of at 7am tomorrow

Sarah please copy paste my email As I've written at length explaining my situation

Keep me n baby in ur prayers ladies xxx

Oh God! LOTS n LOTS of PRAYERS for you Preethi! Wishing you and your baby best of health!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

wow, sorry to hear that babyhopes. Really hoping for a good outcome for you - so happy she at least stayed in there until 32 weeks. Hoping all goes smoothly. :hugs:

OMG Preethi I hope it all turns out well. Thats so crazy that we are all excited you've been given the go ahead to last until 36 weeks, and now you are having her. I hope they got a steroid injection in for you and the contractions dont begin too much. Good luck!

Flying- I totally forgot about those bands, and my OH is actually now in total agreeance so thank you for the reminder, I will search for one of those...I can't imagine it to hurt anything now, with how badly my back hurts im willing to try.

I keep putting off making PT appointment.....I just feel like it will be worthless. I wonder if my doc will get mad. Lol. Im such a rebel!

Wow, I am still amazed Preethi is having her baby! I just can't stop thinking of it. I am not much for prayer, but I will be doing what I can in my own way for sure. Can't wait for an update.

Sarah hasn't come online in last 2 days, hope she sees your email and updates us on your situation Preethi. This is unexpected and like huggles said, hope the outcome is happy. I'll be thinking of you all day and praying that everything goes well for you and baby.

hi everyone, heres the email from preethi, thinking of her every minute and hoping everything goes ok xxxx

I had some mucousy discharge since yesterday and its been clear, then went brown and had some tiny blood streaks, I came to get checked by the doctor, when I was asked to undress for the speculum exam, I felt a gush and then my waters broke and leaked everywhere in the medical centre. I was shaking with fear of what might happen. They checked me and confirmed that my waters have gone. I am now being admitted to the hospital for ctg checking and will get a steroid shot. If the baby is in distress, they will operate by 6 or 7 pm dubai time which is 3 or 4pm , and if the baby is ok and not in distress then I can have something to eat and the c section will be tomorrow morning!

I am so worried and anxious and dh is here with me and mums coming over when I get admitted

Please pray for me and baby most of all, please keep us in your thoughts

Thank you all for all your support until now...

Its been a very tough ride ... And I'm just praying things go well xxx

Love to all of you

Preethi

hi everyone

been so busy cleaning the house and getting back to normal since family has gone! nothing new to report, had a lovely dream that I got a bfp and so woke up and did a frer....bfn! just waiting for AF on thurs or friday and looking forward to a new cycle. When I call for my day 1 Im going to ask about injectables and see if I can switch to them for this cycle but I think they may say I need to see my FS first. Ive read a lot of people doing much better on them as they help to mature the egg as well. I think clomid just produces more eggs but doesnt make them any better.

I will be thinking about preethi all day and will be hard to work [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Sarah: thanks for sharing Preethi's email with us. I hope she is doing well and we get to hear only good news from her next time. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->