ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah: so sorry about BFN :hugs: I have a few Qs for you...

1) Do you not meet your FS at the end of or during the cycle to determine what isn't working, what could be modified, what might work better etc?
2) Both D1 and D2's treatment plan includes progesterone after ovulation (IUI) to help in better uterine lining and better the chances of implantation. Do you take it?

Even I have seen more women getting BFPs in IUI cycle with injectables when compared with Clomid alone. Good luck! :hugs:

more from preethi:

Sarah I'm contracting twice every 10 mins and mostly it will be tonight

Waiting on doctor to come and assess me and confirm the same but I was told by the nurses that it would mostly be tonight

Will email you when I get confirmation

Thanks for your prayers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(I think she means most likely be tonight)

Sarah: so sorry about BFN :hugs: I have a few Qs for you...

1) Do you not meet your FS at the end of or during the cycle to determine what isn't working, what could be modified, what might work better etc?
2) Both D1 and D2's treatment plan includes progesterone after ovulation (IUI) to help in better uterine lining and better the chances of implantation. Do you take it?

Even I have seen more women getting BFPs in IUI cycle with injectables when compared with Clomid alone. Good luck! :hugs:

no I dont meet with her every cycle you do a follow up every 3 months. my follow up was actually this month when my family was here so I changed it but she had nothing till october! basically you are in the hands of her team of nurses. when you phone in your day 1 a doctor (could be my FS or one of the others) looks at your past cycle bloods and results and confirms continuing the same, or any changes. So far they have recommended the same. but I think any major changes have to be made through the FS, I will see when I phone and ask to change to injectables!

no I am not on progesterone, I think they only prescribe that if the bloods are not correct at ovulation time. they dont do a day 21 test there. my lining has been perfect as shown on ultrasound but I do wonder how do they know if my progesterone is low in the 2WW without a test...its something I will ask her but I think I asked her before and she mumbled about no studies have confirmed that its effective.

they are one of the best hospitals in canada (other doctors have told me that) and so I have to follow their protocols. For example some canadian clients do double IUIs but my clinic has done studies to show its not more effective so they dont bother. I bet they get frustrated with people questionning as they have read things on the internet!

Thanks for update on Preethi and thanks for answering my Qs. I think you are in good hands and every clinic does has its own protocol to follow. In my next meeting with D1/D2, I will ask if they will be meeting with me and DH after every cycle or not because I would prefer it that way, we two always have lots of Qs to ask.

Thanks for update on Preethi and thanks for answering my Qs. I think you are in good hands and every clinic does has its own protocol to follow. In my next meeting with D1/D2, I will ask if they will be meeting with me and DH after every cycle or not because I would prefer it that way, we two always have lots of Qs to ask.

I do find that its all a little rushed at the clinic, but anytime you can ask to meet with a nurse and ask questions. Private clinics probably have more time with their clients. Once I get my Day 1 if they wont let me switch to injectables I will also be phoning every week to ask for cancellations with my FS and try and get in before October. I also want to do any tests I need to do incase I want to swtich to IVF in November. I know that theres a long and short protocol for that, with the short one I think you can just start on Day 1 and move forward. hubby was saying this morning I dont think he can justify spending $12,000 on something that might not work but I told him we have to try it, at least we can say we tried.

My first scan was performed by D2 at his clinic but I remember nurse mentioning that follow-up scans will be performed by nurses so I don't know what level of personal care will I receive at these clinics, only time will tell.

I do know that with injectables, there is more monitoring required....more U/S and more E2 tests. I think you should definitely try 2-3 well planned and well monitored FSH (injectables) cycles. I have a feeling it will work for you.

Do you remember D2's plan for me? CD2-6 clomid followed by U/S and if required 1-3 FSH (follistim) injections followed by ovidrel trigger shot, one BD and one IUI followed by progesterone during 2ww. Although it is not very clear to me and I do have Qs about it but I find this plan quite interesting.

My first scan was performed by D2 at his clinic but I remember nurse mentioning that follow-up scans will be performed by nurses so I don't know what level of personal care will I receive at these clinics, only time will tell.

I do know that with injectables, there is more monitoring required....more U/S and more E2 tests. I think you should definitely try 2-3 well planned and well monitored FSH (injectables) cycles. I have a feeling it will work for you.

Do you remember D2's plan for me? CD2-6 clomid followed by U/S and if required 1-3 FSH (follistim) injections followed by ovidrel trigger shot, one BD and one IUI followed by progesterone during 2ww. Although it is not very clear to me and I do have Qs about it but I find this plan quite interesting.

that is interesting, Ive not heard of them combining fsh and clomid but that may work well. I do hope they let me switch without seeing the FS.

I love to imagine us both being pregnant by christmas :cloud9:

one thing I would like to mention is the ovidrel vs natural surge....the first 2 cycles were great as at CD13 I had lots of follicles and so they gave me the hcg shot so the timing worked well. this month as I only had 1 follicle they wanted to see if the 2nd would catch up and so waited 2 days and in that time I got my natural surge (and the 2nd follicle didnt catch up). Next time if that happens Im going to say no lets just do the ovidrel today with the 1....as the timing gets confusing. I was saying to them usually I ovulate on the same day as my natural surge but they didnt really listen and follow their protocol. With the shot they do the IUI 36 hours later as thats the average...and I felt ovulation that month confirming that timeframe so I think ovidrel really times it out nicely.

When I left after the apt they said to wait a few days no-one mentioned BDing and it gets very confusing to know when to BD or not. You dont want too old and you dont want to little. Im telling you all this so if it happens to you try to always do the shot rather than get confused with your natural surge, and make sure you ask questions about bding!!!

I have lost all hope for myself and can't figure any deadlines for getting pregnant. I thought if God was kind to us, at least He will make me pregnant before Sept 3 (my due date from MMC)....now I am preparing myself to be still not pregnant by MC anniversary in Feb :(

P.S. my Quote tab is all messed up so not able to use it.

So this cycle, DH made me test for ovulation from CD8 onwards and asked me to be as precise as possible. As you know I use clear blue digital with smiley and just like you I had been observing that I see a temp spike day after smiley suggesting that I ovulate on same day as LH surge.

I think I know better this time. So CD8: no test line at all; CD9: no test line at all; CD10: test line half as dark as control line, no smiley, CD11: test line almost as dark as control line, smiley (BBT:97.38), CD12: faint test line, no smiley (BBT:97.87)

I took BBT only on those 2 days and won't be taking for rest of the cycle. But it clearly shows that my LH surge begins on CD10, peaks on CD11, I ovulate on CD11 and LH starts to fall down again on CD12 after ovulation.

I peed last at 8:30-8:45am, around that time I had half glass water and one glass milk; then tested around 11:30-45am every day to keep it consistent.

I have lost all hope for myself and can't figure any deadlines for getting pregnant. I thought if God was kind to us, at least He will make me pregnant before Sept 3 (my due date from MMC)....now I am preparing myself to be still not pregnant by MC anniversary in Feb :(

P.S. my Quote tab is all messed up so not able to use it.

my hubby thinks Im too negative about the whole TTC thing....because I assume every month Im not pregnant until proven otherwise! I prefer doing it that way so then Im not devestated at the end of each month, it would be much harder if I allowed myself to hope each month (I did that the first 3 or so months). He thinks I should think more positive as that will help, but I cant believe that otherwise rape victims would never get pregnant.

oh dew, I hope one day we will look at all these posts from a much better place :kiss:

I think she might already be under anesthesia for C-section. [-o< [-o<

Cant wait for an update, unfortunately for us, when she has the c section she may not feel like updating for a day or so as you are being monitored so much and in pain...i just hope she is ok and the baby is a strong little baby outside of the womb also!

Sarah- booo bfn. Hope injectables jump start what your body needs to get that baby in there! We are readY.

Dew- hope your AF just doesnt come and all of this confusion doesn't need to be messed with. But if not, It sounds like D2 really has a bull head approach to the treatment plan.

Hope babyhopes and her baby are doing well - or as well as possible in the circumstances. Sending lots of positive thoughts.

Sarah - sorry for the bfn :hugs:
Hope they let you switch to injectables for a cycle.

Dew - :dust:

Cant wait for an update, unfortunately for us, when she has the c section she may not feel like updating for a day or so as you are being monitored so much and in pain...i just hope she is ok and the baby is a strong little baby outside of the womb also!

I asked for her hubby to email me so I can update everyone. I keep refreshing my email every few minutes as so anxious! I need to go do some chores so hope there will be an update when I return

Sarah, I am not sure if her hubby will be able to update you either. Husbands are known to stress out a lot during this time and Preethi's case is definitely more serious. Still hoping we can get an update on her soon...

It is still such a shock that she went into such early labor after the docs being so hopeful to get to 36 weeks. Guess the baby had her own agenda.

WE HAVE OUR FIRST BABY
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

"Just had my baby girl at 9:41pm weighing 1.5 kgs

She is doing well in nicu without any intervention for breathing and she cried as well

I'm just expressing colostrum and recovering at the moment lots of painkillers thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->