ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Yeah my parents are happy to help. Just that they've done so much already in the last year we really don't want to borrow more from them! Will be easier to have to do though if at least one or both of us is working by Monday at least.

NDH: It's disheartening to hear about your financial situation. I sincerely hope your DH finds a decent full time job veryyyy soon and in the meantime it will surely help if you can get that Barista job. I guess it is OK to take parents help now, you can always return the favor at a later time. :hugs:

Welcome back! :hugs:

Preethi I am so over the moon excited for you. She turned out so beautiful and certainly does NOT look preemie in that picture. I even think she looks to have some cheeks on her:) I love our first baby of the thread and you are doing so well to be able to update 2 hours later. Take some time to rest, and keep me updated on the progress of the c section. I'd like even painful, dirty details, as I am in the process of preparing myself for it all again. Congrats Mommy:)

NDH- just think, some day you'll be wiping your parent's mouths and taking care of them so its ok:) Hope the situation turns for you.

Dew and Sarah- I'll be sticking around to cheer you both on for sure! I will so be on this thread just as much when I have my LO. I'll just be updating with a baby on my boob or something:) Hahaha. No, but really, I was on BNB long before my BFP, and will be long after as well.

Hmmmm, i honestly forgot if there was anything more, Preethi's news was just so exciting im flabbergasted. Yay for a miracle! I am so so happy.

Sorry I've been away... had my FIL here until yesterday.

WE HAVE OUR FIRST BABY
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

"Just had my baby girl at 9:41pm weighing 1.5 kgs

She is doing well in nicu without any intervention for breathing and she cried as well

I'm just expressing colostrum and recovering at the moment lots of painkillers thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Thank you for updating us Sarah and OMG Preethi.... congrats honey bunch!!! :dance: What a surprise that she came when she did but thank goodness she is doing well!!! :cloud9: Can't wait to hear more about your beautiful little girl!

here she is!!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Awwwwwwwww... she's lovely! :cloud9: I'm surprised you had no heartburn with all that gorgeous hair! :D Huge congrats again hun!

I'm hoping you're all okay!

:hugs: to Natalie!
Sorry about the BFN Sarah :(
Dew... keeping my fingers crossed!
Nikki.. hope your back pain is okay! and happy 33 weeks!
Huggles... happy 28 weeks for tomorrow! Hope the Rhogam shot goes okay, but can't wait to hear about your antenatal class!
Sheryl.. excellent news about the 3 hour GTT... what a relief!
Flying... hope you're okay hun... not long till you're at term now!! :shock:

No news here... other than Lottie's come down with the start of a cold. I expect it as it's change of seasons... but never easy with a toddler! Baby is very active and had my FIL here for 5 days.

Preethi... HUGE congrats again hun! So very pleased all is okay! :cloud9:

email from preethi :cloud9:

Gemma and me are doing great , yes it is 5:45 pm, we've had lots of skin to skin contact in NICU and she's such a cutie, I can smell her on me even though I've left her back in after being with her for over an hour, hope ur doing well, I've not sorted the internet out here, but I'm still catching up on all the lost sleep. And recovering from all the pain

Congratulations to Gemma and her mommy :)

Extremely happy for you Preethi!

My you've had a section and well surpisongly it wasnt half as bad as the flipping contractions !!! I was in sooooo much pain and I wasnt handling it too well and people lie about the spinal . It does hurt especially when you're getting a spinal between a contraction !! Nightmare especially as my contractions were stronger due to spontaneous rupture of membranes at around 11;45am

But recovery is only slightly painful it didn't feel too bad, in still recovering and bleeding is lesser than normal vaginal delivery

I was numb throughout the section and I cried seeing baby

I could feel some tugging sensations but it wasn't half as bad

Sarah and dew I am far too close to you all and far too addicted to ignore you all an this three just because I've had a baby

Will always be there to support you both towards your bfp's

I'm still in pain so will speak soon

Sorry for not being able to comment on all posts as I'm using mums iPhone and it's uncomfortable xxxxx

Love to all

hi i'm new to this forum and i've been trying to conceive for 2 months and im hoping that come Christmas i'll be pregnant :) i also have a 4 and a half year old son and im 22 :)

So glad to hear babyhopes and gemma are doing well!

I'm just back from my 28 week appointment. Everything looks good. Cervix is still long and closed. Dr is very happy with everything. And baby is already weighing 1.1kg!!! :D

Had to have bloods done again to double check blood group and to check for rhesus antibodies. Based on their results I will most likely get my rhogam shot on Friday after work, or maybe some time over the weekend.

Also booked my hospital bed so now that's all sorted as well :D
Just need to find time to actually do the maternity ward tour!

Got our first hypnobirthing class tomorrow evening - quite excited for that.

yay huggles so happy and proud of you!!

wow it seems more real now, that you will all have babies very soon :cloud9:

just been going through our finances for the rest of the year and although we are not as tight as you are ndh we have nothing spare, so I dont think I can afford ivf earlier as I was hoping :cry: still perhaps its a good thing to have more months trying the injectables with IUI instead, and may end up saving us if it works. so when I get my CD1 I will phone and ask if I can switch this month and if not I should be able to switch for november after my FS apt in October. also I really would like to go home for Xmas and starting the new year with IVF is a nice thought too (new year, new start!)

the last few days waiting for AF is the worst, Im getting bfn's and sure Im not pregnant and you just want to get on with it. Im not sure the exact day its due as my LP has been both 13 and 14 days, but should be here by Saturday. I was hoping I would be able to tell if I ovulated the day before or the day of IUI according to my Day 1, but its hard to tell as my LP can be different. I didnt temp last month for my first IUI so I dont have anything to compare but it was a 13 day LP so if the same this month I should get AF on Friday. Ive have sore nipples and cramping here and there so hurry up and come witch! :growlmad:

Preethi- I am told by most that c sectioners actually bleed more in the weeks to follow than a non c sectioner because nothing of it comes out with birth....I thought the worst parts were when they pushed on my stomach really hard the hour after the section to push big nasty clots out of me that dont come out with a section. Also, when they rip off the gauze and take out the staples was bad.....Glad you are not finding it to be so aweful. Guess I just had a bad time! Are you being able to nurse her yet? How long will she be in the NICU?

Nyp I have the dissolvable stitches and no staples didn't have any pushing to get clots, maybe I did and I dont know about it but it wasn't like you described about the gauze bit and yes I'm bleeding but nor profusely

Maybe the staples thing was 7 yrs ago and now things have changed for sure
I meet her in nicu many times a day and express colostrum for her as milk hasn't come in yet

They feed her my colostrum which is only like 1ml or so and then give her low Birth weight specialized formula made for babies who are underweight and add fortifiers to them to help her gain weight. When my milk comes in, no doubt I will be expressing until she is strong enough to breastfeed

Ndh I'm sorry about your financial situation, I don't know what it is exactly but when I get some proper Internet access I'll be able to read your post properly.
Hope things work out for you an your dh soon xxx

Sarah sorry about your bfn 's and that you are not able to afford Ivf as you had thought ... Hope you get pregnant without needing Ivf and I'm praying for you xxx

Preethi: you are sweet, I am really very happy for you and kind of relieved knowing that you and Gemma are doing well. Hope you and Gemma recover fast and can go home soon...take care!

Sarah: Days leading to AF are miserable, once I get AF I start to feel better again. This delay in getting pregnant is not fair to the two of us and I don't know where to send my complaint :(

I hope you get to do injectables this cycle. Why don't you call the clinic already so they start to review your medical history and why is it not possible to visit FS before CD3?? There should be a way. Good luck!

Huggles: Yay! 28 weeks and everything's looking great! Such an achievement! Best wishes to you :hugs:

Sarah- Booo on the financial restraints against beginning IVF sooner. But at least there is still one step up that you can do to go further, so thats exciting to have something new to try anyways.

Preethi I can't wait until we can see more pictures!

Dew- I agree that its unfair for the troubles you and sarah are facing. Guess all you can do is send your complaint to us! Unfortunately, we cannot make your troubles better, but can listen and curse the TTC fairy with you and for you.

Huggles- yay that the cervix is looking good and you've got everything happening so nicely!

I am excited for falltime coming...this is my absolute favorite favorite time of the year. And with Bean being due in my favorite season only makes it sweeter!

Sarah: Days leading to AF are miserable, once I get AF I start to feel better again. This delay in getting pregnant is not fair to the two of us and I don't know where to send my complaint :(

I hope you get to do injectables this cycle. Why don't you call the clinic already so they start to review your medical history and why is it not possible to visit FS before CD3?? There should be a way. Good luck!

I know I can phone and leave a message anytime, but theres no point right now, I think they would be annoyed me saying' I dont think this month has worked can you review now but Im not 100% sure yet till CD1'. They even want you to do a blood test 14 days after IUI even if bleeding as many times you bleed when pregnant the sheet says....I dont bother and just ask they add betas to my CD3 (no point having 2 blood tests).

when I call for my CD 1 there is time before CD3 ultrasound for them to look over and let me know if I can switch. Its really hard to get it to see the FS there and they book about 3 months in advance. Private clinics may be better, but thats how it is here...imagine all the people doing treatments wanting to chat at different times so they need to stick to a protocol.

Hmm...If I am paying so much for my treatments I don't think I will be concerned about annoying someone in the clinic with my phone call. I hear you about them following protocols and all but you don't want a cookie cutter plan outlined for you at the beginning of treatment for the next three months. I understand nurses are looking into it and they think you should continue with same dose of clomid for n number of cycles but I, personally would press them to consult my case with FS and see if something else would work better in my case. This cycle, you had just one mature follicle and a cyst, which may mean that treatment is not headed in right direction. There was some misunderstanding regarding BD dates, LH surge and IUI as well. Sorry, I don't want to upset you by writing all this but I am putting myself in your shoes and I do see myself getting concerned and wanting to get more answers from my caregivers.

My OH is constantly insisting that I get better care, that he wants to write a letter to my docs, but I just can't help but say "it is the way it is." I think medical care sucks and is so impersonal, but since I expect that, im not offended too badly by it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->