ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

OK I just hope that it's either no AF or no delay in AF because the wait can get really depressing.

Sarah- was that surge at night? Cuz the next day theory seems right then...but otherwise you are late right now. Lol. So hard to say!

Sarah- was that surge at night? Cuz the next day theory seems right then...but otherwise you are late right now. Lol. So hard to say!

i will try and explain this the best I can lol

wednesday: morning no surge and called in no surge to clinic, evening detected the surge

thursday: bloods showed a surge, hubby gave sample and was frozen

friday: IUI - and this is the day that I have said I ovulated on FF making me 13dpo today. I have had 13 day LPs and 14 day so thats why I am thinking its coming tomorrow or saturday.

but thats the latest scenerio, as on previous charts my temp has risen the day after a surge making me always think that I O the day of surge but that might not be the case now on medications. The most likely scenerio is that I O'd the day after the first surge which was thursday then Im 14dpo today and it must come tomorrow.

Im not really thinking about too much as Im sure I will start spotting tonight and will wonder why did I bother lol plus I dont know if the cyst might prolong things :growlmad:

I agree, my first thought was that you ovulated on thursday. How come they didnt do IUI wed or thursday? I thought if you had sperm up waiting for the egg it was best?

wednesday: morning no surge and called in no surge to clinic, evening detected the surge

friday: IUI - and this is the day that I have said I ovulated on FF making me 13dpo today. I have had 13 day LPs and 14 day so thats why I am thinking its coming tomorrow or saturday.

but thats the latest scenerio, as on previous charts my temp has risen the day after a surge making me always think that I O the day of surge but that might not be the case now on medications. The most likely scenerio is that I O'd the day after the first surge which was thursday then Im 14dpo today and it must come tomorrow.

Im not really thinking about too much as Im sure I will start spotting tonight and will wonder why did I bother lol plus I dont know if the cyst might prolong things :growlmad:

Understand it better now. It says CD30 on the ticker, I thought your cycles were 28 day long. What's the longest you have ever had? Mine is 28 days (AF on 29th day), happened 3 times in last one year.

I laughed at your post Huggles, about it raining on the first day of spring; yesterday was the first day of spring for us, and it was SNOWING!! lol!! It is far too wet for it to settle down here, but further north it has settled in places. Ugh! But happy 28 weeks! YAY!

Preethi, rant all you want hun! You have a million hormones & emotions running through you with this whole thing, it's totally ok to rant! I love that you're still updating us from hospital, I love reading the updates on our first bub!!!!! :hugs:

NDH, fingers are crossed for DH's job!

Sheryl; yay for YOUR DH's job!

6 weeks to go for me now... now *that* is getting scary! Next month I'm having a baby...! Next month!

I agree, my first thought was that you ovulated on thursday. How come they didnt do IUI wed or thursday? I thought if you had sperm up waiting for the egg it was best?

I went in on monday for my day 13 ultrasound and they wanted to see if my 2nd follicle would catch up, so they said do LH sticks at home on Tues & Weds mornings and if no surge come in on Thursday. So I didnt get a surge Tues or Weds morning and booked for Thursday, but I got it Wednesday night. When I went in on Thursday I told them that and she just said 'dont do the sticks at night'. I tried to mention I think my surge is short and can we do the IUI that day but she said no they have to look at bloods first and they dont come back till the afternoon and they only do sperm washing / IUIs in the morning. So thats what happened and why next time I wouldnt do the waiting for another follicle to catch up and risk a natural surge, I would ask for the ovidril which is better for timing. It worked the previous 2 months as I had multiple follicles on my day 13.

bet you wished youd never asked now lol.

this whole cycle has been a bust, roll on next one!

Understand it better now. It says CD30 on the ticker, I thought your cycles were 28 day long. What's the longest you have ever had? Mine is 28 days (AF on 29th day), happened 3 times in last one year.

mine are usually 28-30....varies as my ovulation dates change but my LP doesnt vary much. The charts I did at home from September show a 14 day LP, some of the ones on FF show 13 day. But you dont know for sure the day you ovulate....people say temp goes up the day after but it could rise the day of too, so I could always be a 14 day LP. Funnily enough the 2 months doing the ovidrel are the 2 months showing a 13 day LP....that tells me perhaps I actually ovulated the day before the IUI and therefore its actually a 14 LP.

I do have a slight worry what if the IUIs are too late....they do them 36 hours after the trigger but Im sure lots of people ovulate sooner than that. oh well, IVF is always an option.

Sarah: Probably, I will also have this doubt if they are doing IUI at a right time or not. Such a tricky issue :dohh:

Yes. I wish these guys (FS and their team) took it more seriously and know how much money, faith and emotions we invest in each cycle.

Sarah: could you please outline your treatment plan with Clomid? ...like what happens on CD1, CD3 and so on...thanks!

I agree with you two, seems like you want an IUI day of surge and day after! Lol. I know they do research and stuff but when we are naturally TTC we want sperm up there waiting- so why not with IUI?

FLying- me too on the 6 weeks left. Eeeek!

Funny its spring for you 2 now, its going to start fall here. So then soon is the cold weather. Ick! I wish it could be fall forever with the crisp air, colored crispy leaves and apples and pumpkins everywhere! Then, its snow. Ice and snow. no thanks.

Yes. I wish these guys (FS and their team) took it more seriously and know how much money, faith and emotions we invest in each cycle.

I think they do, however imagine having 100 hormonal, impatient, depressed women on your rota who think they know a lot from what they read on the internet....I think this is why they have protocols and dont tend to stray away from them too much otherwise it could end in chaos. I suppose if I wasnt happy I could switch to one of the private clinics nearer me, but for now Im happy enough. and you might have more of a personalized experience seeing as you are paying for most of it.

urgghh just doing my finances, we own a couple of businesses and received a few large bills I wasnt counting on. Im not even sure if I can afford injectables this next cycle, might have to put them off another month. They are $1000 compared to $80 with clomid, plus $350 for IUI :cry: I dont want to risk not being able to pay bills because Ive spent $1000 I didnt have, and I suppose another month doesnt really matter.

Sarah: could you please outline your treatment plan with Clomid? ...like what happens on CD1, CD3 and so on...thanks!

so CD1 I call in and tell them its day 1, and they phone back next day and give me my time for CD3. I go in CD3 and they take bloods (I think do FSH, LH, Estrogen and Betas as I dont normal go for a blood pregnancy test and they need that data before they will allow me to go ahead). and then an ultrasound to make sure everything is 'silent' and lining is 'menstrual'. (this is when they saw I had a little cyst on one ovary, but bloods showed estrogen was low and so they allowed me to go ahead with clomid).

then you are called back around CD13 for bloods & ultrasound again. this is where they look to see how Ive responded to the clomid. The first 2 months I had the 3-4 follicles so they told me they would call me once they have reviewed bloods and confirm that its ok to take the trigger shot. I think they are making sure the bloods show estrogen is high depending on how many follicles you have. they are also checking to see if you have a natural LH surge, if you do then they wouldnt bother with the trigger. I dont usually get my surge early so thats why its been great, until they had me wait a few days as I only have 1 follicle. when they call back to tell me to take the trigger they also tell me the time and date of the IUI, its usally 36 hours later (they say take the trigger 10pm tonight and come in the day after tomorrow at 10am).

then I go for my IUI, hubby goes 2 hours before so they can wash and prepare the sample. they dont do bloods or ultrasound that day.

and thats it..does that help? other clinics have people come in for a day 21 test so Im going to ask them how do they know my progesterone is ok. I know they do prescribe progesterone though as its mentioned on the sheet I have, so perhaps its all based on bloods.

I agree with you two, seems like you want an IUI day of surge and day after! Lol. I know they do research and stuff but when we are naturally TTC we want sperm up there waiting- so why not with IUI?

FLying- me too on the 6 weeks left. Eeeek!

Funny its spring for you 2 now, its going to start fall here. So then soon is the cold weather. Ick! I wish it could be fall forever with the crisp air, colored crispy leaves and apples and pumpkins everywhere! Then, its snow. Ice and snow. no thanks.

NY I think when the sperm is washed and placed into the uterus then the timing can be a bit closer to ovulation as far less to travel and its just the good motile sperm. I think the timing is based on data and theres lots of people on here doing the same so I suppose its the most effective. I liked the idea of doing 2 IUIs, one the day before, but my clinic said its no more effective :shrug:

"I think they do, however imagine having 100 hormonal, impatient, depressed women on your rota who think they know a lot from what they read on the internet....I think this is why they have protocols and dont tend to stray away from them too much otherwise it could end in chaos."

My DH tells me the same a lot of times when I show my frustration against doctors. I know you both are right :)

Thanks for outlining your treatment plan. We are meeting with D1 on Tuesday morning as part of their phase II appointment. We have some questions for her and she may share her treatment plans for us. After meeting her we'll choose either D1 or D2. If D2 was at D1's location, I would have blindly gone for him. It's just 10 minutes of beautiful drive to D1 clinic :)

Sorry to hear that your finances don't allow injectables for this cycle. May be it is happening for a reason and any how it will be difficult for you to meet with FS before this cycle so let's embrace another clomid cycle with lots of faith and hope :hugs:

I'll now go cook, then go for a walk before we eat dinner. Yes, we eat very late (around 8:30pm), unhealthy habits :dohh:

Sheryl, praying that it works out for your hubby - that would be fantastic news. If it's just dependent on drug test and background check than it would seem that you can count on him working by the end of the month :)

Dew, Australia has certificate requirements for everything. Dh has had several construction jobs before, and while the experience is helpful here, he still can't get a job on a construction site without being certified that he has taken the course, which is really just a silly 3 hour common sense thing.

Dew, good luck deciding which doctor to go with for treatment.

Sarah, I'm hoping AF either doesn't arrive at all (since your chances were low and you considered this cycle a bust from the start it would fit right into the norm for being a bfp cycle. It's always the one you least expect). But failing that I hope she comes on time so you can get started wih the next one. And no more cyst interfering with follicle growth either!

Yesterday during the day was a beautiful first day of spring, but the heavens opened up at 7pm and it poured all night. Thunder and lightning and hail and torrential downpour lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->