ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I know I get angry very quickly if I feel I am not treated well on phone or in person at the clinic, then DH tells me I can't expect things to always be right and up to my expectations :(

Hmm...If I am paying so much for my treatments I don't think I will be concerned about annoying someone in the clinic with my phone call. I hear you about them following protocols and all but you don't want a cookie cutter plan outlined for you at the beginning of treatment for the next three months. I understand nurses are looking into it and they think you should continue with same dose of clomid for n number of cycles but I, personally would press them to consult my case with FS and see if something else would work better in my case. This cycle, you had just one mature follicle and a cyst, which may mean that treatment is not headed in right direction. There was some misunderstanding regarding BD dates, LH surge and IUI as well. Sorry, I don't want to upset you by writing all this but I am putting myself in your shoes and I do see myself getting concerned and wanting to get more answers from my caregivers.

dont worry you dont upset me and I appreciate the comments :flower:

I think the big difference is though that this is a hospital, and so much is covered by our government, its only the treatments we are paying for, thats why IUI is only $325 here compared to $2000 in the states. Free healthcare is a little different to private clinics I find. I do marketing for some plastic surgeons and they are much more available as the person is paying privately.

I know that one of the FS looks at the chart at the end of the cycle and puts the recommendations so perhaps after this one they will make a suggestion, but I think the larger changes they will want me to talk to my FS first. Say I didnt know anything about injectables and I went in CD3 and they told me I was moving to injectables and I have to pay $1000 instead of $80 for clomid, I would be in shock. so thats why I think you have to see the FS first. But if Im the one asking then perhaps the request will go through, I will have to see! Ive only been on Clomid 3 months and Ive responded well apart from this month so I dont neccessarily thinks its not moving in the right direction. I was supposed to be seeing my FS this month but I moved it because of family so not their fault, I should actually be seeing her every 3 months which I think is reasonable when most of it is free :thumbup:

Preethi I'm so relieved Gemma is doing well and you're getting to spend so much time with her! I wonder if the fact that you went into natural labour with a C-section has anything to do with your recovery being so different from NYs?

Sarah I'm sorry you can't afford iVF this year but maybe it's for the best - as you say you won't want to fly home at Christmas if you've just paid $12000 for it and might be pregnant. But you may not need it at all. I hope you're allowed to switch to injectibles next cycle and that one of those cycles of iUI with them is the lucky one singly can be pregnant by th end of the year :)

Huggles great news about your cervix! Your little man is staying put til that stitch is taken out.

DH has an interview this afternoon - FXd!

Yay, happy 28 weeks to me! :happydance:

Happy 29 weeks to Sheryl!
Happy 23 weeks NDH!
Happy 33 weeks for yesterday NY!
and Happy 34 weeks for tomorrow Flying!

Hope I didn't forget anyone...

Sarah and Dew, sending love and fairy dust your way! :dust:

:flow: :flow: :flow: Oh, and it's Spring Day here today - officially the first day of spring, and for a change it's lovely weather (usually lands up raining on spring day)! :flower:

I echo Huggles's post!

And an update - it's very possible that DH could be working Wednesday. The interview was with the construction company he only heard about yesterday. They can't hire him until he has his white card, which allows you on construction sites, but he found a place doing the course on Tuesday, so he can go straight to them after the course and fill out paperwork as long as there's still a job available, but they have a few spots and it's not been advertised so it's very promising.

NDH i dont think it has anything to do with the fact that i went into natural labour.. i feel pretty good and although my scar hurts from time to time, im taking all the paracetomol and pain relief i can get and they helped me try and walk soon after the operation and i didnt have any stitches that they needed to remove or interfere with. they are all dissolvable and so theres no interfering with that area.. i think that on its own helps a lot x

Happy 28 weeks huggles !!

NDH fx'd for your dh's interview.. xx

Hope you are all doing well. xx not long to go now, for most of you.. xx

praying that the journey towards the BFP for dew and sarah is a very short one.. xxx

afm, today is day 3 since the operation, it is normal for babies in NICU to lose weight for a week before they start gaining. they usually lose weight in the first week.. she has gone from 1.5 to 1.43 but thats very normal according to the doc. she is doing well and they are going to run tests on her today, we have specifically asked for a kidney scan and blood tests to check the kidneys for any issues as when there is less amniotic fluid (fluid is mainly made of baby's wee) we want to know that her kidneys are functioning properly.. the results will also be back today, so hoping and praying for the best. it is very sad to see her in there as she is not with me, but we have lots of kanagroo cuddling and skin to skin which helps regulate her body temp and keeps her warm and is very good for bonding.. its very tough to leave her in there once we are done cuddling ..:( i can always smell her on me that fresh new born smell and its really sad because shes not here with me..the worst part is knowing that you wont be able to take her home for atleast 4 weeks.. thats what hurts the most.. im sick of staying in hospital but dont feel like leaving the hospital even for one hour knowing that she is in there.

sorry for the rant, just wanted to vent my feelings xx

Have a nice day everyone. x

Hope that gemma's kidney tests and any other tests she has come back with good results.
Glad she is doing well.

Fingers crossed for hubby NDH! :hugs:

Preethi... your little Gemma is such a fighter! Clever little lady! :cloud9: I hope she grows nicely for you and that the next few weeks don't take too long :hugs: Fingers crossed for a good result on the tests!

thats great news NDH :thumbup: hope it all turns out well, if that job happened to be gone at least he would have the white card and so likely he could get something else? but lets hope that one will still be there FX

preethi awww I can just imagine you and her cuddling there and it must be sooooo hard to leave her. I hope all her tests come back perfect....she has done so well already :kiss: :hugs:

afm still waiting :coffee: she will be here friday or saturday, and since being on clomid I start spotting the night before, so anytime from tonight.

Yeah he's been meaning to get it anyway, just haven't come across any courses at convenient times. It'll open up anything construction based if he has it, so it's a good thing to get.

NDH- good luc k I hope it works out !

Preethi- so glad she is doing well, and I hope kidneys are fine. Would you still be in the hospital now though even without her in the NICU? Just because of the section I mean....Do you plan to stay in one of those rooms while she is in there? I am asking my doctor about their stitching now to see if i'd have dissolvable. If not, im coming over there. Haha. Has DH been staying there with you? I plan to have mine stay at least the first night and probably the second, but not sure if I need to subject him to the torture of the chair for the last 2 nights...we will see how much pain im in and what help I need with baby in the night.

Thanks Huggles for wishing everyone a happy " ". Very nice of you and I echo that to everyone in here. Nice to see everyone trucking along!

I have 6 weeks left!! And a lot to do so hoping Bean doesn't come early like i sometimes feel he will. I think every mom has the feeling or fear of them coming early. Probably because the contractions and pain I have already are so horrible! And I feel big enough to be done!

OMG, sigh of relief. DH finally got the call for the job I have been praying so hard for. Pending drug testing and background testing (which he has passed numerous times for his old job) he starts training on the 26th!

And I had a little bit of a freak out this morning knowing that I will be 37 weeks next month late and she may be here next month.

NDH: I have not heard of white card before but sounds like an important 'certificate' to aid in job market...hope he gets both white card and the job :hugs:

Preethi: it's very reassuring to receive updates on your and Gemma's health on daily basis, thanks for finding time to write to us and BEST of wishes for her kidney tests...hopefully everything will be just fine :thumbup:

Oh so nice Sheryl! Congratulations and good luck! Don't worry you have been doing good, everything's going to be perfect :)

I feel such relief that God is answering my prayers after praying so hard for my GTT test and the job. And now it's raining too! We have been in a drought for the longest time so the rain is truly a blessing.

Sarah: thanks for explaining it all to me. I tend to get carried away sometimes...I do understand now :) :hugs: Hope AF doesn't show up....:af:

I am glad you feel this way Sheryl!! You have always been optimistic, patient and supportive of your husband in tough times :)

Sarah: thanks for explaining it all to me. I tend to get carried away sometimes...I do understand now :) :hugs: Hope AF doesn't show up....:af:

thanks dew, Im sure she is on her way. Im going to the loo 100x per day to check and have a panty liner on to make sure I dont miss anything :rofl:

so I dont think I ovulated the day of my surge as I would have my period by now, if I ovulated the day before my IUI like I thought may have happened then its due today or tomorrow depending on 13 or 14 day LP. if I ovulated the day of the IUI its tomorrow or saturday....but that would have been 2 days after my surge so seems unlikely seeing as I always thought I ovulated the same day as my surge. wish Id been temping but was too hard with family here, that and BDing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->