ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Hi everyone :hi:,

Sarah, hope you are feeling better now. Pre-AF (especially delayed AF) depression always hits me hard so I can seriously imagine what you went through with an added stress of visit from in-laws. My :hug: to you and best wishes for next cycle. I am so glad you are able to do injectables, I have a feeling it will work for you. Keeping FXed! Today should be CD3 for you, let me know how was clinic visit.

Hope everyone else including Gemma is doing well. NDH, hope your DH gets the job, please update us whenever it is confirmed.

NY: did you go to MSF? We went yesterday, it was good fun but I came back so tired, I could hardly walk and went to bed early.

Hi girls-

Sarah- hope you are better now that in laws are gone and you have some time with yourself.

Dew- Hi, have you decided between doctors and next step and everything yet? I may have missed a page or something on here as its been c razy lately and i've checked and sometimes not responded at that moment.

Sheryl- cat pee sucks! I had that issue with my cat, was ready to get rid of him even, and we bought Cat Attract litter- expensive. But i've not found the elusive cat pee for a while. He doesn't let me have a rug outside the bath tub though and that makes me really mad. After he is gone- im done with cats.

NDH- hope so bad he gets the job! Thats rough, and im sure its tough for you to get a job as pregnant as you are also. I hope you guys get a break and finally it works out for you.

I am so over my body failing me and acting like its falling apart. Made me break down and have a bad cry about it in my car after work last night. Walking to my car I was in tears and it all flowed out....I bawled all the way home at midnight. Glad I didn't get pulled over as I was a wreck! OH came out to my car and practically carried me in the house. Im too young for this:( But on a more positive note, today my knee moves without me crying, so im thankful for the little things! Gunna go see what the doctor wants with me now....

Oh NY! that sounds terrible :nope: Can you not take off from work already when it hurts you so bad and working late night shifts is even more stressful. I hope your doctor gives you some relieving medication/advice/suggestion. Hope something works out soon so you are not in such pain. :hugs:

My cat did use my bathroom rugs a few times spaced apart but we keep the door shut now so I get to keep my rugs. DH actually was smart enough to remove the stains on the back so we can tell if she does it again.

so just got back from my CD3 blood & ultrasound apt....my ovaries are silent so my cyst has gone :happydance: and I am switching to Gonal F :happydance: just injected 75 iu and am doing the same till CD7, then go back CD8 (sunday) for an ultrasound. I purchased 2 Gonal F pens which were $334 each so $668. Thats enough for 8 days @ 75 iu, so Im hoping thats all I need and I dont have to purchase another pen! but I will probably need one more.
hope everyone has a good week :flower:

That's nice Sarah! Good luck with Gonal F [-o<

We went to meet D1 this morning and have decided to choose her over D2. DH was quite satisfied with her treatment plan and approach for us, so am I. So come next cycle, I will be on injectables too.

Sarah, she asked me to pick my medications out of available options and I chose Follistim instead of Gonal F.

Yes, I think she'll be injecting herself and so will I when I am on injectables. I got trained for it today.

sheryl yes I injected myself, the needle is basically the same as the trigger shot so at least I was used to it!

dew, I didnt get a choice...they use either gonal f or puregon here and the dr chose gonal f for me. the pen thing is interesting, you have to click to the amount you want and put on the needle...probably the same as you were shown. so you think you will be doing follitsm and IUI next cycle?

Im hoping you dont need to even use the injectables, but if you do then you are right behind me so nice we can go through it together. A girl in the over 35 folder is doing IVF right now so I am following her journal, doesnt seem too bad so I know I will want to do that asap if injectables dont work. Im fed up and impatient now!!

Yes Sarah, follistim and IUI in next cycle, hopefully!

Here is the plan as I remember from this morning...

CD1: call to schedule BW and US

CD3: visit for BW (Progesterone, E2, LH) and Pelvic US; Results available by 2-3pm, if everything looks OK, I will be asked to begin injections.

CD3-7: Follistim (FSH) injection administered between 7-9pm (I received training for it today)

CD8: US and BW(?) depending on the results either I take more injections or stop. Also this US will determine when to take Ovidrel (HCG) trigger shot.

CD9-10: depends on CD8 results

If one follicle is ready to ovulate and another isn’t, I may be given a shot to prevent ovulation and give second follicle a chance to mature. They target for 16-18mm size.

CD10-12: another set of US + BW (LH)

Then 36-40 hours after HCG shot, I go for IUI (usually done around 9am).
Definitely no intercourse after HCG shot and 2 days abstinence is necessary for good quality/quantity sperm.

After IUI, they will let me know when to start Prometrium (progesterone oral tabs, 2X daily). When I conceive, they will test for progesterone level and decide if I need to continue on it or not.

Throughout the treatment I will be on pre-natals (which I have anyways been taking for more than a year now) and 1 baby aspirin.

If and when I conceive, the clinic will do an US at about 6 and half weeks and based on what they see, they will send me back to my gynec.

Also I start with a higher dose 150 IU for first 3 days then 100 IU next 2-3 days and then 75 IU....

Glad your cyst is gone and you got the injectables sarah!

And dew - glad you've chosen the dr you're both happy with and that you have a plan all set out!

Lots of baby dust to you both :dust: :dust: :dust:

NY, i'm so sorry you're in so much pain :hugs:

I swallowed a chewing gum today at the clinic :( I hope it doesn't give me trouble in the tummy.

LOL @ Dew. I don't chew gum very often and actually have trouble making myself swallow it on the rare occasion that I do try to.

Dew- yep we went to the fair. I wasn't even in as much pain that day as I was at work:( The fair was very fun, but much more tiring than usual for me. Im just to darn big! We stayed for 9 hours. Phew! Did you get to eat lots of good foods?

The doctor didn't really offer much suggestion for all the pain. He said if I would like to quit working he could write a note, but I dont get paid maternity at all so the sooner im done, the sooner no money is being made. I didn't take the note. He did say though, no more nesting for 4 hours before working for 8 hours. I have just overdone it lately with the fair and cleaning and working. Today was much more relaxing.

Sarah and Dew- this is so awesome that you are both going through the injectables! Im so excited. And its really interesting to hear the different plans and ways the clinics deal with this. Keep the details comin and let us know how you feel! Please let it work for you two. Wouldnt it be amazing if you 2 were bump buddies after doing injectables together?

Preethi- hope you are well, we miss you! I can't wait for pictures...I need to see this baby!

Sheryl- I just bought a rug for out of the bath tub for the first time in over a year. So im going to try it again. Its a good idea keep the bathroom door shut. DUH. Now, if I could keep the damn cat off of the baby play mat that i've got set out...im trying to train him. Sigh. Cats.

Huggles- have you got a name for your baby yet? I dont. Bah.

I went to the docs and he said if my baby was born rught now he would be 4.5-5 lbs already. And i've got 5 weeks left, so he is imagining a bigger baby. Im pretty huge nowadays, so that scares me. Its why everything hurts so much! Also, C section is OFFICIALLY scheduled. October 12th. Not with my doctor though:( Oh well.

Sheryl: it was an accident, I was drinking water and it went along :(

NY: Yes, we ate a lot...would love to know how much oil and butter gets used up in the fair :) Excluding yesterday, 1.6 million people had visited the fair. Glad you could go too.
I am not sure if inside womb baby weight measurements are very accurate because my friend thought she was having 8lb baby but her daughter was around 7 lbs at the time of birth. Very nice to know though that baby is growing well. If you could take it a bit easy on home cleaning and can get rest at work, that would be nice :thumbup:

Yes Sarah, follistim and IUI in next cycle, hopefully!

Here is the plan as I remember from this morning...

CD1: call to schedule BW and US

CD3: visit for BW (Progesterone, E2, LH) and Pelvic US; Results available by 2-3pm, if everything looks OK, I will be asked to begin injections.

CD3-7: Follistim (FSH) injection administered between 7-9pm (I received training for it today)

CD8: US and BW(?) depending on the results either I take more injections or stop. Also this US will determine when to take Ovidrel (HCG) trigger shot.

CD9-10: depends on CD8 results

If one follicle is ready to ovulate and another isn’t, I may be given a shot to prevent ovulation and give second follicle a chance to mature. They target for 16-18mm size.

CD10-12: another set of US + BW (LH)

Then 36-40 hours after HCG shot, I go for IUI (usually done around 9am).
Definitely no intercourse after HCG shot and 2 days abstinence is necessary for good quality/quantity sperm.

After IUI, they will let me know when to start Prometrium (progesterone oral tabs, 2X daily). When I conceive, they will test for progesterone level and decide if I need to continue on it or not.

Throughout the treatment I will be on pre-natals (which I have anyways been taking for more than a year now) and 1 baby aspirin.

If and when I conceive, the clinic will do an US at about 6 and half weeks and based on what they see, they will send me back to my gynec.

thats exactly my protocol! the only thing different is I wont be doing baby aspirin. I will be on the Prometrium this 2WW too....hope that might be the difference I need.

did they say how much Follistim you are going to do? Im on 75iu, a girl in the assisted folder was on 150 the first 5 days, but she doesnt ovulate well on her own and I responded well to clomid so I think thats the starting amount. I was told to take it in the morning though.

Trigger shot is the same as Ive been doing, I just want to find that perfect time to BD about 2 and a half days before to get some of the spermies up there waiting as I dont want to rely only on the IUI sperm incase its too late. The timing thing can be stressful as you dont know when they are going to say to trigger, but Im hoping my timing this month will be better than last month.

Im going back on CD8 which is Sunday, I expect to need more time and perhaps injections as that is very early in the cycle to trigger.

Ive read also they like 16-18mm with injectables where clomid its in the 20's they want, as if the injectable eggs are better eggs so can be smaller,
whats interesting is my nurse said injectables dont make a better egg, just make more which is exactly what clomid does, so why does everyone say this is so much better plus the stats seem better?

Im so excited we are doing the same thing, although Im 2 weeks ahead :hugs:

Also I start with a higher dose 150 IU for first 3 days then 100 IU next 2-3 days and then 75 IU....

oh you answered one of my questions! thats interesting. I really think my cyst caused the 1 follicle that one month, the other months I responded really well to clomid. hope we respond amazing on the fsh! although not too much.....injectables plus IUI was how kate gosselin got her sextruplets

Im feeling a little woozy right now...not 100% but nothing bad, wonder if its the first day of injection. the literature says to limit exercise so i wonder what that means exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->