ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Great Sarah!
FSH injections are better than clomid because of their direct stimulation effect on follicles. Clomid induces FSH production.
Follistim may cause blood clots in some cases so aspirin may help prevent that.
FS is starting me on 150 IU Follistim CD3,4,5, then 100 IU 6,7, then US on CD8, decide if I need more injections, plan is to reduce to 75IU afterwards. It's a mystery how my body will react to all these medications.

Ny I feel so bad for you and all your pains....I know when I have my bad back Im just miserable as you cant do normal things and you feel so useless. Wow not long now, can we list everyones due dates? I hope Dew and I are pregnant by the time NDH gives birth and if not Im sure we will be bump buddies :dohh:

I hope you and me don't experience much side-effects from FSH. Progesterone is known to make one sleepy. I gave blood for AMH too today but results will be available in about 10 days as the sample is sent to California for this test.

Great Sarah!
FSH injections are better than clomid because of their direct stimulation effect on follicles. Clomid induces FSH production.
Follistim may cause blood clots in some cases so aspirin may help prevent that.
FS is starting me on 150 IU Follistim CD3,4,5, then 100 IU 6,7, then US on CD8, decide if I need more injections, plan is to reduce to 75IU afterwards. It's a mystery how my body will react to all these medications.

so they will probably give you a 900iu pen....its about $1000 here, how about there? how much will your DH's plan cover of that? hope its most of it. If they stop you on CD8 you could probably get away with 2 pens of 300 as my nurse said each pen usually has extra and I will probably get an addition 75 out of mine, over the 300. But they wont know ahead of time so would probably sell you the 900iu pen.

I remember nurse saying 2 pens of 600 each....why so much? Only after first IUI we'll know clearly how much of what is covered.

I hope you and me don't experience much side-effects from FSH. Progesterone is known to make one sleepy. I gave blood for AMH too today but results will be available in about 10 days as the sample is sent to California for this test.

is that the main test you are waiting for to know about your 'diagnosis' or is there more?

I asked my clinic about that and she says they test for it if the FS has some concerns and so far with my bloods, ultrasound and response theres no concerns. but I might ask for it anyway!

I remember nurse saying 2 pens of 600 each....why so much? Only after first IUI we'll know clearly how much of what is covered.

well your first prescription to CD8 is a little over 600, so perhaps they hope you will only need that and then people can save the unopened 2nd pack in the fridge. With the 900 once its opened at room temp it only lasts 28 days so you cant really use the extra. With my prescription I can hopefully get 5 days @ 75iu out of the one 300iu box then only start the other box if they need me to continue. oh Id love to respond really well and not have to continue, save me a bit of $ as I have zero coverage.

November 17th (LMP) for me. I am really hoping she is not an October baby because of Halloween. I think it's likely to be November because the ovulation-based date is actually November 24th.

is that the main test you are waiting for to know about your 'diagnosis' or is there more?

I asked my clinic about that and she says they test for it if the FS has some concerns and so far with my bloods, ultrasound and response theres no concerns. but I might ask for it anyway!

I asked for it voluntarily today. FS agreed but said, we'll still be doing all day3 tests and I understand that. Initially she mentioned that if FSH is below 10 and E2 is below 70 or 80 on CD3 then they don't worry. Yours are good :) Do you know how many follicles do they count on CD3 for you...these are the basal antral follicles.

I asked for it voluntarily today. FS agreed but said, we'll still be doing all day3 tests and I understand that. Initially she mentioned that if FSH is below 10 and E2 is below 70 or 80 then they don't worry. Yours are good :) Do you know how many follicles do they count on CD3 for you...these are the basal antral follicles.

they have never told me what it is and I dont hear any counting, I will have to ask them on one of my visits as perhaps its written down from my first visit. today she just said 'lining - menstrual, left - silent, right - silent' and then I said 'oh the cyst is gone' and she did another check and said 'yes' :happydance: last time the woman said 'you have a little something on the left side' and measured it

About AMH test, FS did mention that it has not been standardized yet meaning cut-off values are not known.

dew someone in the over 35 folder got a bfp with follistim + IUI, this was her reply to someone elses BFP....

"Congrats! That is some good advice to trust your instincts.. If i had not I would have had the cycle i got pg with my twins cancelled due to too many follicles. I did not end up 6 stickers like they were afraid."

I do wonder what the cut off point is for too many follicles...my clinic was ok with 4 at my age on clomid, not sure about 6! I think at this stage Im probably not producing many great eggs so I would take the chance...whats your cut off?

Still waiting on news about a job.

Dew and Sarah it's so interesting hearing about your fertility treatments! Keep the talk coming. I've never followed any journals where injectibles were required so don't know how it's done. The only journal I did follow I came in at the end just two days before her trigger and watched her daily hpt progression pictures fade to almost nothing and then get darker again :thumbup: I so hope for the same results for you both. As (sheryl?) said, how awesome would it be for you two to be bump buddies after going through injectibles together?

Dew I'm glad you've chosen a dr - D1 was the one wih the lovely facility close to home and was cheaper than D2 is that right? I hope she helps you get your baby :flower:

Ny I'm sorry you're in so much pain :(. It sounds terrible. What a good hint Ella is older and doesn't require as much constant care as a toddler would. Hopefully it affords you more time to rest. You'll just have to nest on your days off.

Thanks NDH! Was waiting to hear back from you regarding DH's job...remember we are thinking of you and wishing the best for you and DH. :hug:

you are right about D1....only 12 minutes drive to her clinic, all under one roof even on the weekends, might be cheaper or same but definitely not more than D2. Drive is beautiful and will be much helpful for me during winter season when it snows so much here (although hoping treatment will be over way before snow [-o<)

***I would LOVE to be bump buddies with Sarah and all of you too :) ***

dew someone in the over 35 folder got a bfp with follistim + IUI, this was her reply to someone elses BFP....

"Congrats! That is some good advice to trust your instincts.. If i had not I would have had the cycle i got pg with my twins cancelled due to too many follicles. I did not end up 6 stickers like they were afraid."

I do wonder what the cut off point is for too many follicles...my clinic was ok with 4 at my age on clomid, not sure about 6! I think at this stage Im probably not producing many great eggs so I would take the chance...whats your cut off?

Sarah: glad you asked me that because we did discuss this. Five mature follicles is the cut-off for us and it's on the papers now. They normally allow 3 but we also agreed for selective reduction in case of more than twin pregnancy so 5 are allowed to us.

So, what's her forum id? I would like to read her history. Thanks!

Sarah: glad you asked me that because we did discuss this. Five mature follicles is the cut-off for us and it's on the papers now. They normally allow 3 but we also agreed for selective reduction in case of more than twin pregnancy so 5 are allowed to us.

So, what's her forum id? I would like to read her history. Thanks!

here she is
https://www.babyandbump.com/member.php?u=161485
I had messaged her when I read her post to ask some more info!

my clinic has not asked me to put on paper my cut off or anything, I guess we will see each month how I react. I think 5 would be my cut off too. The selective reduction thing, man I would have such a hard time with that but I would prefer to go ahead with 5 follicles with the small risk of multiples, rather than miss a cycle, and deal with whatever happens.

I have a headache, not sure if it is the gonal f or would have it anyway. I was saying to my hubby how I cant wait for this to be over, as Im very sensitive and not sure how I will respond to these stronger drugs. I said perhaps we will do 2 injectable cycles Sept & Oct and 2 IVF cycles Nov & Dec and then be done (dont think i can find the money but I can always dream). He agreed and said he didnt want to be driving down to Toronto all those times per week in the snow (we allow 2 hours to get down there as it is already as apts are always around 8am so traffic time, in the winter would be even worse). Snow usually hits us in January.

Huggles- have you got a name for your baby yet? I dont. Bah.

I went to the docs and he said if my baby was born rught now he would be 4.5-5 lbs already. And i've got 5 weeks left, so he is imagining a bigger baby. Im pretty huge nowadays, so that scares me. Its why everything hurts so much! Also, C section is OFFICIALLY scheduled. October 12th. Not with my doctor though:( Oh well.

We do have a name. We really struggled to find a middle name after I veto'd the one we had originally planned on using when i found out it's meaning. But then we finally settled on another although dh was slightly hesitant as it's a bit long and we have a long (10 letter) surname. But since then we keep both coming back to that name and one or 2 people have subsequently guessed the name and they all seem to really like it so now hubby seems happier with the choice and not as worried about the length.

That's fab that your baby is growing so nicely. And wow, 12 oct is so close!!! Only 5 weeks!!! I really hope you manage to rest a bit and that the pain doesn't get too bad in these last few weeks :hugs:

can we list everyones due dates?

My official due date is 24 November.
However, my stitch is being removed on 10 nov so i'm kind of thinking things might start happening then. But officially 24th is my actual due date.

Oh I missed the due date request.

The date I'm going with is 29 December.

Thanks everyone, sorry ive been away so much, just staying in hospital is doing my head in, so i try to get out for some time everyday.. xx

Ny, she is only 33 + 2 today, and still cannot coordinate suck/swallow reflex, premature babies cant.. they have to be taught to, its after 35 weeks that they usually know how to.

ive just been here busy looking after her and spending as much time as i can with her,

as i said they lose weigh the first week and then gain some, from her birth weight of 1.510 kgs, she lost and went down to 1.43kgs and then to 1.440kgs and they added fortifiers to my expressed breast milk and now within the space of two days, she gained 60gms and is 1.5kg again. im happy and praying she continues to gain weight at her alternate day weight checks..

Hope all of you are doing well.. xxx will come online more when i can.. all of you are so close to your due dates, it must be rather exciting..

Sarah and Dew :hugs: you are always in my prayers..
if you know giuliana from E! and bill rancic from the apprentice, they have fallen pregnant again after her first MC, through IVF... there is always hope and you both will have your dream BFP's very soon xxx FX'D

Yay that she's back up to her birth weight already! She's only a week old so that's fantastic news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->