ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

So this fluid, can this cause sepsis and death? I only know of fluid in any cavities to be a pretty serious thing.....

So this fluid, can this cause sepsis and death? I only know of fluid in any cavities to be a pretty serious thing.....

...don't know about death...here's a link with all the information...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004549/

Sarah: I also don't take much medicines so I am also fearing side-effects from injectables. Why do you think OHSS, if at all, will happen so early in the treatment?
Yesterday, FS mentioned something about asking her patients to drink lots of Gatorade in stead of water when ______?______ (sorry don't remember exactly when but I think she was talking about OHSS).

Just googled and found this...

https://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/269528-ohss-gatorade.html

no I dont think I have OHSS yet, but nausea was listed as one of the symptoms of that so I just wanted to phone and leave a message, see if they have any tips or want to see me before sunday. its pretty bad, like if I was at work I would have to leave (lucky I work from home but its been hard as I have things to do and keep wanting to lie down!). I will drink more water and perhaps find some gatorade.

Yep I'm still team :yellow:. I keep calling the baby a he because I feel like it's a boy and also would rather say he than it, but we have no idea really.

I had my 24 week GP appointment yesterday. Got my GTT booked for next Monday - it's only the 1 hour one and I don't have to fast :yipee: but I'm booked in for 8:15 so even if it was fasting I'd be fine not eating til 9:30. GP isn't concerned at all about the fact that I'm still only pre-preg weight. She said I'm obviously not starving myself and baby takes everything it needs first so even though I'm quite tiny anyway it's not a worry. My mom was the same way with me - gained hardly anything until the end. If she's happy I'm happy - it means less weight to lose post birth :haha:
She also had a listen for the hb - wasn't expecting that from the GP. Didn't get to hear the hb for more than a few seconds as baby really doesn't like the Doppler lol. Kept kicking it and moving away so we heard more thumps and swishes than anything. GP thought it was a riot and kept chasing it around to hear it kick more. She's never dealt with such an active baby and thought it was hysterical. When she was trying to determine his position too she kept getting kicked and would poke his bottom back :haha:

I also finally got my scan pictures from my scan 5 weeks ago (they get delivered to the GP and the clinic doesn't give them out until they've "been discussed with your doctor" which didn't even happen and I wasn't about to make an appointment just to collect them). Anyway I'm so disappointed :(. The scan was so lovely and we got loads of great shots of the baby (so I thought). I got 4 pages of films of baby bits from the measurements - half of which I can't even tell what it is - and 3 profile/face pics of the baby... Got a disc with 7 of the pictures on it - the 3 profile/face ones, two of the hands, one of the feet and one of the legs where baby was bent double and his feet were touching his forehead... I hadn't been going to have any more scans unless it was necessary, but as I'm so disappointed with the pictures and need something to go in the baby book I'm hoping there will be another one offered in 3rd tri. I'm pretty sure there is the option of one anyway.

OHSS occurs only after the eggs are released from the ovary (ovulation).

well thats good to know. I just think my nausea is my body reacting to the stronger drugs. hope it gets better as the days go on, otherwise I will know I have to have a week off during this phrase of my cycle! urghhh

Ive just been doing my finances to try and see if I could possibly afford IVF in november. It will be hard, but I might be able to do it. however it might not be that easy to switch so I will ask my FS when I see her.

NDH -- take a lesson from me and don't eat before your test. That muffin I had was not worth having to sit thru the 3 hour test.

Sarah: surprisingly Clomid was good to you and injectables are already nasty...hope nausea goes away soon and you feel better. I would have also loved an US at CD5 or 6 rather than CD8.
Honestly speaking, I am really freaking out thinking about next cycle.
Yesterday at the appointment, DH had to catch a flight so he left after our consultation with FS but I had to stay back for injection training and blood draw for infectious disease and AMH testing. Right when FS left I burst into tears, DH hugged me, said everything's gonna be alright and left. I cried sitting alone in the room and when nurse came, she noticed and asked me if I was alright, I cried in front of her also :( but got better when she started the training. So, I think I am going to be an emotional wreck during clinic visits for treatment and these hormone injections will simply be adding to agony :(

NDH: lovely to hear that baby is doing well and is very active...we want active babies :) Good luck for GTT!

Flying: Good luck for your scan! will be waiting to see pictures :)

Sarah: surprisingly Clomid was good to you and injectables are already nasty...hope nausea goes away soon and you feel better. I would have also loved an US at CD5 or 6 rather than CD8.
Honestly speaking, I am really freaking out thinking about next cycle.
Yesterday at the appointment, DH had to catch a flight so he left after our consultation with FS but I had to stay back for injection training and blood draw for infectious disease and AMH testing. Right when FS left I burst into tears, DH hugged me, said everything's gonna be alright and left. I cried sitting alone in the room and when nurse came, she noticed and asked me if I was alright, I cried in front of her also :( but got better when she started the training. So, I think I am going to be an emotional wreck during clinic visits for treatment and these hormone injections will simply be adding to agony :(

awwww big hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:
the only time I wanted to cry was last cycle when they said hubby had to come in 2 days later and he couldnt, and they said to switch to an intercourse cycle (when pressed they allowed him to give the sample and they froze it). otherwise I like it when Im there as I feel like Im doing something to get to my goal. you are probably feeling worse because of the diagnosis :hugs: but I really believe you will get pregnant, and I cant wait for that day :hugs:

Ok, I'm back!!!

Firstly, I'm laughing at myself, cos back when I got preg and started taking belly photos before it really popped at all, I was saying how I am waaaayyy too self concious to ever want to take a bare-belly photo; I'm really rather overweight (honestly, by a good 80lb...) and my tummy is squishy and flabby and, well, there was NO way I was going to do a bare belly pic!!! But here I am, 34 weeks 5 days preg, my stomach was ROCK SOLID when I was getting undressed for bed, so I looked in the mirror. omg! I had to take a pic. lol
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3196.jpg
Ignore my flabby-ness elsewhere, I'm sorta proud of that huge belly, despite the discomfort it's causing! And in the bare flesh like that, there's noooooooooooooooo hiding that it's all baby! :D

Ok, so when we got called in for the scan, my MIL wanted to take a quick photo of me baring my tummy ready for the scan:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_0579.jpg
so there goes my 'no bare belly' thing! lmao!

The scan was good, immediately they put the wand on me and the ladies (one was in training) said it's head down! It's nearly the first one they've had in today that was properly head down. lol! So I'm really happy it's head is down where it's supposed to be, it's back is laying along my left side which is fine (ideal is with it's back to my tummy for birth, but along my left side is the next best apparently) all the measurements came in either a few days above or below my dates, so basically averaging out as being spot on for size despite my weight loss, and my fluid levels were all good too. Going by the measurements it's *about* 5lb/2.3kg. :)

Anyway, here's a foot:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/Clipboard02-6.jpg

and here's a face... sorta:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/Clipboard03-4.jpg
(to decipher: see the black shape in the middle at the top? That's empty space, but just below it is the right eye socket. So the top of it's head is to the left, and that's an arm coming over from the top of the pic, blocking most of it's face from getting any decent pics!)

For a better view of the face, I've added a clip from the scan of the foot and the face to the 34 week heartbeat video (that I only just put up today... lol) here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jgYMOdV8vA
first the heartbeat, then the foot scan, then the face scan. The rest of the scan was a bit boring, just measuring everything and making sure all was there and working etc, and baby was pretty much sleeping the whole time; refusing to put it's arm down from it's face despite going back to it several times to see if it'd moved at all! lol! They tried to get a 3D pic of it, but it is all squished up in there and they couldn't get a clear enough view to make it work at all, but that's ok. I saw it, it's healthy and the right size and I *know* it's strong going by the kicks I'm getting right now, so I'm happy! Only 5 more weeks to go now....!

Really lovely bump Amy :)

I love that foot pic flying!
And absolutely fab bump!

Beautiful bump Flying! and such cute foot picture...perfect for baby album :thumbup: Glad everything looked good on scan and baby's position is cephalic...awesome!

flying wow you look amazing!!! love the bump, and to me it looks like you have lost weight on your upper body (arms etc)....omg I hope that happens to me! I have read that often the fat redistributes to the bump.

I need to lose 25-30 lbs to get into my ideal weight range and now that Im going for more serious medications and perhaps IVF, I am going to really try. The trouble is with this nausea I dont feel like doing anything, and I never want to do much in the 2WW either just incase :dohh: last night I went on the treadmill slow walking for a bit, but generally dont feel that good. At least my eating has cut down as I feel sick!

Im booked in again at the spa today.....before I was going every week for massage but that was $80 per week and seeing as Im broke and trying to save Im instead going to the spa as technically its free....I only book when theres space as we prefer paying people in those slots.

so 3 injections down, 2 to go. Had some ovary pain so I hope IM growing some perfect eggies!!

its my birthday Oct 1, so I will find out how this cycle worked out just before....i have to let a bfn not ruin my birthday weekend. a bfp would be the perfect bday present, but at this stage I cant imagine being that lucky :cry:

Lovely pics flying! Almost there!

Sarah- I hope for your lucky bday present but if not, enjoy some wine and bday time. Have fun at the spa, i've never had a massage. Lol. Hope sicky feeling goes away. Its kinda funny you are feeling like that because suddenly for a couple days I am also....like 3rd trimester morning sick or something. And im not really interested:(

Hope everyone is well!

Do the stretch marks on tummy stay after baby is born?

Sarah: I wish for your wish!! Hope this cycle brings you a BFP :thumbup:

dew you have probably seen this thread but its an inspiring read

https://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/273160-bfp-status-iuis.html

I like those kind of threads that just give pure info, wish people wouldnt chat on them though.

Amy -- from what my doctor told me this morning you caught a contraction. :) When I got up on the table to hear the heartbeat he said oh you're having a contraction right now and showed me the difference between having and not having. Of course being my paranoid self I have been having contractions since I left his office. He said we normally have 4-6 per hour so it's nothing to worry about. I still wish these were less noticeable but they don't hurt so I suppose they are bh.

dew you have probably seen this thread but its an inspiring read

https://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/273160-bfp-status-iuis.html

I like those kind of threads that just give pure info, wish people wouldnt chat on them though.

Yes, I saw this one. Very informative. Someone started a similar thread on BnB Assisted Conception forum
https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/701328-iui-success-stories.html
On that website (fetilitycommunity), I like their signatures, with detailed treatment history, yet to the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->