ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Thanks Ladies! Nikki... what a cute avatar!! :cloud9:

Sarah how very exciting... hope you have a good number! :hugs:

Nats.. you're right... Sarah and Dew's cycles seem to motor on by... I suppose just as our pregnancies are for them. Though I do agree that the TWW certainly takes longer... maybe because I check up on the thread more regularly in hope? I don't know! :shrug:

ps.. thanks for the add of FB! xx

Sarah- Good luck for a great outcome! I would also want them to do one girl one boy. Very exciting:)

Sounds like you've been very busy researching Sarah. I can't believe how quickly the first half of the cycle goes! Even when we're not the ones in the TWW it drags, but here you are already close to finding out how your follies are doing and IUI not long after that... time sure does fly by!

it has gone quick, I dont mind the first 2 weeks now that Im doing treatments as you have mini milestones. the last 2 2WW's I have been busy, one in vegas and one with my family, which was great as those were my first 2 IUI's. this 2WW I wont be doing anything :growlmad:

btw dew my nausea seems to be easing up a bit. and i also have really sore boobs!

Sarah- Good luck for a great outcome! I would also want them to do one girl one boy. Very exciting:)

thanks, will be very interesting to see how many follicles I have on my first dose of gonal f. I had 3 follicles first clomid and 4 on the second. This is only CD8 where normally Ive gone on CD13, so they wont be mature yet but they should have an idea.

I am desperately trying to find the $ to do IVF in November, its really my ideal month to get pregnant plus Im getting fed up. but I wont know till nearer the time, and I have to ask my FS if I can change on CD1 or not and can we do any tests in October so I can switch if I have the $$$.

Mummy: Have fun with family and enjoy rugby :) Here too NFL (football) season kicked off yesterday with an awesome game.

hi everyone!

congrats on all your dates! :cloud9:

only 1 more injection tomorrow then find out how my follies are doing on sunday :thumbup: I wonder how long they will have me on the medication and when my IUI will be. Im trying to time BDing about 2 and a half days before the IUI so planning on BDing the night before each appointment incase that appointment ends up being my final and trigger that next night.

dew LL goes in today for her embryo transfer, its so exciting. she started off with 8 embryos, so she will find out today how many survived....Im hoping she has a couple to transfer and some to freeze. and they were doing genetic testing on them too, they can even know the sex of the embryos isnt that crazy! I dont think my hubby would allow us to know, but I would secretly tell the nurse to put in one boy and one girl!! they probably do that by default if they have many that are strong. they can only do the testing if you have a large amount of embryos that make it to day 5, a lot of times people dont have that many and so they do day 3 transfer. Ive learnt a lot!

Sarah: I like your plan for BD :thumbup: I am also very excited to know how many and what size follicles you made this cycle :) Pray pray pray it works this time[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o< Read this interesting story on BFP announcement forum today https://www.babyandbump.com/bfp-announcements/730652-last.html

About genetic testing for LL, may be I need to read/think more but are they testing DNA in each embryo because that's the only way to know sex of each embryo....????

i think some people get sore boobs around ov time as a result of the hormones. So it could be the injection hormones that are making her boobs sore.

hey ladies hope you dont mind me joining i really really want to be pregnant before the end of 2011 :(
im hoping for this month
congrats to everyone who is preg :)
and good luck to those waiting

Must be her FSH injections....I know of LH (around ovulation) and Progesterone (in Luteal phase) causing sore boobs, now add FSH to the list :) In a way glad that Sarah is ahead of me in FSH treatment so I know what to expect next cycle.

Will you O earlier Sarah?

Im not sure....possible if Ive reacted really well that they could ask me to take the trigger shot a little earlier. I usually ovulate between CD14-16 and thats not this weekend but next weekend so hoping it will be mid week so a little earlier.

right now Ive done 4 x 75iu so thats 300 iu which is the amount of the pen....but she said you usually get another round out of it, and I can see theres more in there, so will hopefully get another 75 in the morning. that means you get 5 goes per pen. so on sunday I hope they keep my medication the same and so I can get another 5 goes and not need to purchase another pen. but sometime they increase to get more results so we will see. I paid $668 for the pen, another would be another $334.

I have no idea what to expect CD8 but I think they might want to see me every couple of days next week...

Must be her FSH injections....I know of LH (around ovulation) and Progesterone (in Luteal phase) causing sore boobs, now add FSH to the list :) In a way glad that Sarah is ahead of me in FSH treatment so I know what to expect next cycle.

yes its great that I am going through what you may be going through in a couple of weeks!

so LL got 1 embryo transfered, and its a boy. they wanted a girl so a little disappointed, but more so because it was only 1. the person at the clinic said its the quality of the eggs at her age (41). Im 2 years younger so I dont know if I would do any better.

just shows how hard this is....they had 18 eggs, only 8 started to form into an embryo and only 1 made it through testing to day 5. If thats what happens when its watch no wonder a lot of us late 30's take so long to get pregnant.

About genetic testing for LL, may be I need to read/think more but are they testing DNA in each embryo because that's the only way to know sex of each embryo....????

its called PGD testing, I didnt know they could know the sex from it. Many parts of the world wouldnt allow it, but she is in the states. Not sure if Canada does it. I think its mainly to test the quality of the embryo.

yes its great that I am going through what you may be going through in a couple of weeks!

so LL got 1 embryo transfered, and its a boy. they wanted a girl so a little disappointed, but more so because it was only 1. the person at the clinic said its the quality of the eggs at her age (41). Im 2 years younger so I dont know if I would do any better.

just shows how hard this is....they had 18 eggs, only 8 started to form into an embryo and only 1 made it through testing to day 5. If thats what happens when its watch no wonder a lot of us late 30's take so long to get pregnant.

I hope at least that 1 embryo implants well...wishing her loads of luck for a healthy pregnancy. Never knew getting pregnant can be so hard. I don't think chronological age matters so much as ovarian age...seems like at 35 my ovaries are older than yours. I have switched to organic milk recently to avoid getting harmful hormones...cows are also injected with gonadotropins to increase milk production which can easily pass on to us.

its called PGD testing, I didnt know they could know the sex from it. Many parts of the world wouldnt allow it, but she is in the states. Not sure if Canada does it. I think its mainly to test the quality of the embryo.

Yes, many nations don't allow it for reasons including female infanticide. Since LL has already undergone genetic testing in the transferred embryo, if (and hopefully yes!) embryo implants and develop into baby, they need not worry about Down Syndrome etc and chromosomal abnormalities which can lead to early miscarriage.

To determine the gender of baby, they just have to check for presence of Y chromosome... XX is female XY is male (I am sure you already know that :)

NDH did hubby get that job? Im not sure if I missed an update from you about it

I hope at least that 1 embryo implants well...wishing her loads of luck for a healthy pregnancy. Never knew getting pregnant can be so hard. I don't think chronological age matters so much as ovarian age...seems like at 35 my ovaries are older than yours. I have switched to organic milk recently to avoid getting harmful hormones...cows are also injected with gonadotropins to increase milk production which can easily pass on to us.

oh no, I love milk :dohh:
so the ovarian age is measured by FSH, AMH and Basal Antral Follicle Count? (the last 2 I have written down to ask them about!). I only know my FSH (5) and the nurse said other hormones are good thats why my AMH hasnt been measured but Im going to ask for it. Surely they did my BAFC if Im doing ultrasounds for medications but I didnt hear a result.

Yes, many nations don't allow it for reasons including female infanticide. Since LL has already undergone genetic testing in the transferred embryo, if (and hopefully yes!) embryo implants and develop into baby, they need not worry about Down Syndrome etc and chromosomal abnormalities which can lead to early miscarriage.

To determine the gender of baby, they just have to check for presence of Y chromosome... XX is female XY is male (I am sure you already know that :)

I have heard of that, but if you'd asked me what is XX and XY I wouldnt know!!
I really hope the embryo implants and develops. When they dont, what do you think is wrong? that the embryo had problems the testing didnt uncover or something wrong with lining/implantation?

I looked up my clinics IVF stats for my age and its 36%.

urgh Im ready to give up. then I remember my 39 yr old best friend just got pregnant after trying a couple of months.

Sarah, we're still waiting :shrug:. When he phoned on Tuesday he was told the other partner would have to call him back, and he called back yesterday to see what's happening and apparently that partner has been away since Tuesday :dohh:. Hoping he's back Monday. I hate being in limbo :brat:

Sarah I hope your friend's embryo successfully implants. It's crazy that only 1 out of 18 made it this far! You'd think 18 eggs would have resulted in some freezes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->