ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Huggles: your baby is adorable...looks really cute in scan pictures :) you must be on :cloud9: :)

so I have 1 follicle @ 1.5 and 1 @ 1.2....Im going back on Tuesday so Im hoping the 2nd one will have grown. Good news is Im to continue Gonal F @ 75iu so I wont have to purchase another pen :happydance: So injectables cost me $668 (plus ovidrel $80 plus IUI $325) so not too bad. But next cycle Im sure they will increase the dose to get more follicles.

Im hoping on tuesday I will have a 1.9 and a 1.6 and can trigger, then IUI could on thursday (CD12 so nice and early) :thumbup:

That sounds good Sarah! Would you be interested in taking the shot to prevent ovulation for a day in case second follicle isn't mature enough to be triggered? I also think they will increase the dose next cycle but really hoping this is it and you will get your BFP this month :thumbup:

So, now you go for US on tuesday?

AFM, I had a spot yesterday and then some pink today evening so AF should arrive soon. I hope it comes either tomorrow or day after...hate it when it's late.

NDH: that's a lot of walking for anyone, I would be sore too, hope you feel better very soon.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Take care you all :flower:

I'm all recovered. The tops of my feet still hurt but hips and knees are back to normal. And I got more fluffy mail (cloth diapers) this morning! Too cute! Will post a picture when I get my "stash" organised.

Sarah, two follies doesn't sound bad at all. Hopefully they both get to at least 16mm by Thursday for the trigger, though Friday would still be acceptable probably? You want it by CD13 to avoid another mix up like last month right? Here's hoping, as you said, that one o those follies has the right egg in it. FX'd!

Sarah: Did you ask your nurse about BAF count? Just curious, I hope you don't mind me asking you.

Here's a picture of my current diaper/nappy stash:

The top row is 6 Tots Bots fitteds (terry cloth shaped to a diaper with elastic basically, half with velcro). They need a waterproof cover.
The colourful 4 in the middle are Baby Beehinds Magicalls in lovely minkee fabric. Nothing else needed - just put on like a disposable (only it has snaps)
The next 4 colourful ones are Itti Bitti D'lish all in ones, again lovely minkee, nothing else needed.
The 4 on the bottom are the waterproof wraps to wear with the fitteds. The two on the far right with patterns are Bambooty, two different brands. Both are all you need, no separate cover required but one has two flaps that fold out for easy drying. I have one more of those coming in the train pattern (the other one has planes on it) with a matching t-shirt.
The three on the far left are also fitted terrycloth ones, called Kissaluvs. They need a waterproof cover too, but they're so tiny the ones I have are probably too big to fit over them lol. They have a snap down bit for the umbilical cord.

This is only about half as many as I'll hopefully end up with - (in just the small/newborn size!) because I'm already addicted and have my list lol. The 8 minkee ones probably won't fit for a few weeks as they're much bigger than the rest. I plan to keep my newborn stash pretty gender neutral, and will buy bigger sizes quite gender neutral too (though will be hard if it's a girl not to get everything with ruffles lol) but will buy a couple of lovely girly or boyish ones in the one size style to last until toilet training that will be special for that child only.

They're so stinking cute, and the last of them arrived today so I'm so excited I had to share lol. Sorry if none of you care about my fluffy obsession :haha:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 4
Hey Ladies, sorry for being away so much, we are teaching gemma to bottle feed so its been difficult waking up for every feed, its so tiring, here, good news is she has gained weight and is 1.63 today and out of her incubator and in a normal cot bed.. she is 34 weeks today and can be discharged if she is 35 weeks, 1.8kgs and proper bottle feeding..

she is gaining weight ok and 35 weeks is next week but the problem is with the feeding, she needs to learn to suck without it tiring her out so much, that is the main issue.. i hope we are able to teach her soon,.. she will be rooming in with me in the hospital for a couple of days before discharge to make sure im comfortable with everything and they will monitor me looking after her and then i have to tell them when i feel confident to take her home.. it dosent look lik she will be discharged around 35 weeks purely because of the bottle feeding issue.. until then they are feeding her by her nasal tube and then bottle feeding at every alternate feed. Theyve started her on three hourly feeds x

Huggles, your babys pics are simply adorable !!!! xxxxx

Sarah and Dew, you are always in my thoughts and i try as much to get online but just dont get time ... ! sarah im hoping your treatment works out for you and dew, praying for your miracle BFP.. xxxxxx

Ny, NDH,Flying,mummycat,sheryl, hope you are all ok and blooming with your pregnancies.. from what ive read, it looks like you are all doing well and im so glad for all of you.. xxxxx its going to be october real soon.. xxx and then it will be only a month away for the november ladies..

BIG massive :hugs: to all of you xx

Thanks for the update Preethi - and no need to apologise.

Sounds like Gemma is a star and doing fab! You never know, she might get the hang of bottlefeeding in a week. But if not, she's still doing so great if that the only thing besides her gestational age and weight that are keeping her in NICU! Your little girly will still be home before she'd have been considered full term I bet.

How are you doing recovery wise? It's just about 2 weeks since your section.

Dew, sorry to hear AF seems to be on her way. HOpefully she doesn't mess you around this month and just comes and goes so you can start your IUI and stuff :hugs:

NDH - those nappies are too cute! I absolutely love my 8 cherub trees I got a week or two ago, and can't wait until next month when i can buy more. I think I want around 24 nappies in total as I'm hoping to only need to wash every third day.

Babyhopes - glad to hear gemma is doing so well. Hopefully she manages the bottle feeding nice and soon so you can take her home.

It only takes 1! So you only want to do injectibles with IUI 2 cycles right? And then they use those same injectibles and turn it into IVF then right?

yes I think so! just much higher dosages to get more eggs. LL got 18 eggs for her cycle. you also take a lot more drugs like antibiotics, something to stop ovulation, theres a big list.

Im really scrambling to get some $$ to do IVF in November and I think I might be able to get it (had some good news by email this morning from a client). I just need to ask the FS when I meet if I can switch on CD1 in November or do I have to miss the month before (some people go on birth control pills the month before). Im hoping I can do another IUI cycle next month then IVF in November. if it doesnt work might try again in December then that would be it as we dont want to be driving to Toronto in the winter months (we leave 2 hours to get there already so in the winter it would be 3, and to get there for 8am thats crazy. Plus you visit the clinic a lot more for IVF).

Im actually excited to try IVF as I want to see how my eggs and his sperm react...Ive been reading that older eggs often have a hard shell on them that sperm can find difficult to penetrate, or when it comes to implantation the shell that sheds to implant doesnt shed. All these things can be properly monitored with IVF. also I dont know the quality of my eggs and I think only IVF can detect that....I know my reserve is hopefully ok but I think thats only quantity not quality?? Dew you would probably know more. If LL only got 1 embryo from 18 eggs then it shows how many eggs at this age are not good. Im 2 years younger than her but feeling the need to speed things up and its just $$ in my way, but I may have found a way thanks to this email :happydance:

Dew hope AF is on time and gets over with then you can get on with your cycle of IUI! How excited you must be for that.

Sarah- yay for a good email and the possibility for IVF next cycle. Hope all your concentration towards that means you'll just get bfp before it though.

Preethi- im so glad Gemma can come home soon! Great news. Even if not 35 weeks, it could be the next, so thats great. Are you nervous to have her home? Will you have a nurse that comes to visit so you don't need to take Gemma out as much?

NDH- cute little diapers! How are you washing them, did you get a sprayer on your toilet? Im considering it all still but think IF I did reusables I need a sprayer and also have a service come get them and clean them.....

We're also doing reusables (although probably using disposables for the first 6-8 weeks). But we don't have that sprayer that attaches to the toilet - they unfortunatley don't sell them here. We definitely won't be hiring a service to wash them though - far too expensive and I would be scared they'd wreck my nappies! (would be ok if it was the normal terry towelling squares, but not the nice ones like NDH posted (mine are similar but slightly different).
I haven't entirely worked out how i'm going to clean them yet, but the websites say to just flush the poop down the toilet and then pop the nappy into a dry bucket (can add a few drops of tea tree oil to the bottom of the bucket to prevent bad smells). then you just leave them there until you're ready to wash (chuck in washing machine and wash as normal)
Supposedly the nappy liners help to keep most of the solid poop in them so it's easy to dump in the loo. And i guess for runnier versions i would just rinse in a bucket or something, or maybe in the sink :shrug:

My cousin uses cloth diapers and she manages fairly well so i can always call her if i'm totally stuck LoL

These are the ones i'm using (Cherub Tree) - they're one size fits all so the white poppers all over the front are to adjust the size to small, medium, or large - currently on largest setting:

Attachments

• 06092011058.jpg
    06092011058.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
NY: I won't say I am excited for IUI. I wish I was never there but knowing that I have no other option, I am very keen on seeing my Day 3 results as my TTC future depends on that info. I hope anxiety doesn't kill me on CD3.

Huggles- I never thought of a service ruining them, I thought i'd ruin them more than those people, but maybe you are right. Suppose if I have a sprayer or something, I wouldn't need a service just do a load of diapers every other day or something.

Dew- Has AF come now and are you CD1 yet?

Disposable diapers are so expensive and bad for environment as they are not made with recyclable material. I hope washable diapers are not a mess though.

NY - I suspect (and this is purely speculation) that services would wash the diapers at a very high temperature.
The 'newer' reusable diapers like hte ones NDH and I are using should never be washed abouve 60C, preferably only in cold water or 40C wash when possible, as anything about 60C really messes up the PUL waterproofing of the cover (or the outer shell in the case of all in one's). Also, no fabric softener should be used as that also messes up the PUL and it also affects the absorbency of the actual nappy fabric. So your nappies don't last as long and aren't as effective.

Also, with a service, you can't be sure that you're getting your own nappies back and not someone else's!

This is from the Cherub Tree website (and the instructions are very similar for all cloth diapers (possibly with the exception of the terry towelling squares):

For Machine Washing

Wash nappy covers and inserts prior to use. This helps to soften the fabrics, enhance absorbency, and to remove any possible residues left from manufacturing. We recommend a warm wash (<60 degrees) with no detergent for this first wash. Do not use a hot wash.

Store your nappies in a bucket or other dry container until they are ready to be washed. Do not soak them while you wait. If odour is a problem, we recommend putting a couple of drops of teatree oil in the bottom of the container. Not only does teatree oil mask odour, but it is a good sanitiser as well.

Remove all solids and flush down the toilet before washing.

Separate the insert(s) from the nappy outer.

Rinse the outer and the insert in cold water. Squeeze out excess water and store in a dry bucket. Do not soak.

Wash on a normal cycle (<60 degrees) with half of the recommended washing powder. Sensitive powders are best.

Where possible, do a double cold rinse at the end of the cycle.

Do not use bleach or fabric softeners as they will break down the PUL lamination and it will significantly shorten the expected life span of the nappy. These types of chemicals, particularly fabric softener, will inhibit the absorbency of the nappy.

Line dry where possible, or dry on low to medium heat in the dryer. Do not use the dryer on its hot setting.

Do not iron or dry clean

https://www.cherubtreesa.co.za/c22/Washing-instructions.aspx

Preethi: so nice to hear from you. It always feels great knowing that Gemma is doing well and making progress. I bet she is keen to go home too so it won't be too long :hugs: you take care and thanks for keeping me in your prayers :flower:

hi sorry I missed a bunch of posts when I posted earlier then had to leave!

huggles and ndh omg those are so cute looking, I cant wait till each of you have a gorgeous fat bottom to fit in them!!! :cloud9:

preethi so great to hear from you and wow Im so happy she is in a cot now and how nice that you get to sleep with her soon! I cant wait till the day you bring her home.

dew if the evil one is coming I hope she comes asap so you can get on to your next cycle. I know you are not too excited but Im happy that you are moving onto something that will make your bfp more likely :hugs: arent you waiting on a test result, something you did recently? I know theres the CD3 tests but I remember you saying something that took 10 days.

I am going to ask my FS about that count when I see her in a few weeks...I hope I remember as everything seems to leave my head when Im in the clinic (I think its because I dont like hospitals and worry about painful procedures etc!). I have a few things written down but my main goal is to ask about switching to IVF in November and do I need to book any tests for that to happen.

as for delaying ovulation I guess I will see tomorrow...last month my 2nd follicle didnt grow, so if tomorrow its still 1.2 we would know its not going to catch up. but if its gone to 1.4 or 1.5 then they may want to wait, however Im only CD10 tomorrow so I dont know if they would need to delay ovulation that early. I did read sometimes your body ovulates early with all the FSH pumping in so perhaps I will need it, will see what they say. Im assuming as long as you have mature follicles its ok to force your ovulation earlier with a trigger shot??

I would like to do the reusable diapers too so it will be great to hear how you girls get on with them first!!

unless I have twins or triplets, that may be too hard :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->