ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

so the ovarian age is measured by FSH, AMH and Basal Antral Follicle Count? (the last 2 I have written down to ask them about!). I only know my FSH (5) and the nurse said other hormones are good thats why my AMH hasnt been measured but Im going to ask for it. Surely they did my BAFC if Im doing ultrasounds for medications but I didnt hear a result.

I think ovarian age/ovarian reserve status is determined by a combination of A) FSH and E2 levels on Day 3; B) Basal Antral Follicle count and AMH values on any day of cycle.

You surely have FSH and E2 level info and if you ask them they will definitely know your BAF count because they have done Day 3 (unmedicated state, if that matters) pelvic US on you many times. If there was any concern, I am sure your doctor would have mentioned it to you or put you on very high dose of hormonal medications. I so hope that this cycle works for you....let the miracle happen!!!!!!

Tomorrow DH's friend, his wife and their 1 year old daughter are visiting us, they'll stay overnight and leave Sunday afternoon. So I won't get chance to wish you good luck for Day 8 US but I'll be here in the afternoon or evening to read your update. Best wishes to you for very healthy and perfect number of follicles :flower:

NDH: sorry they are taking too long to get back to you regarding DH's job application status. I pray it works out soon for you two :hugs:

I had to laugh at your comment on the rugby world cup Mummy; being in NZ where it's being held this year, the whole country has been in RWC fever for the past few *years* planning for it, so it's just grown to a HUGE fever pitch for the opening ceremony last night, and as I'm not at ALL a rugby fan, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo over it!!! I was over it about a year ago when they started ticking off the months and days to go (ugh) let alone the past week when they started working on the number of hours as well.... lol! Basically every single newspaper, radio station and tv channel is utterly overrun with RWC stuff; you can't escape it! All very well for those who love rugby, but I've never *ever* been a rugby fan, nor are any of my friends or family, so it sucks for the rest of the country (like me) who want to get on with the rest of our lives!!! lol. So instead of the RWC providing distraction from the last weeks of pregnancy, my last weeks of pregnancy are providing a distraction from the RWC! LMAO!

Wow Sarah, I'm sorta following all the IVF stuff, but as I've never had a hormone test I have totally lost track of all the acronyms and what they all stand for! lol! And only 36% success with IVF for you!? Ugh. It's better stats than trying naturally obviously but they're still low for the huuuuge cost of it all! I pray you won't need to even try it!! You too Dew! It sucks how hard it has to be to get pregnant for so many, when others seem to fall pregnant so easily.... I know I *am* one of those people, but I do feel like it's so bloody unfair for you guys who are trying so damn hard!!!!

lol flying - that's exactly how i felt about the soccer world cup which was hosted here last year! I'm also totally not into sports at all.

3.5 hours until my 4D scan! And then we're going to set up our gift registeries for my baby shower :D

yay! Good luck for your scan Huggles, and share the pics when you get back!!!!!

I keep forgetting to say I'm having another baby shower too; next sunday. My boss is throwing it for me, we're keeping it small but she wanted a separate one from the one I had before, as she felt like an 'old fuddy duddy' (her words!) and wanted a shower with other 'old fuddy duddys' rather than come to my earlier one! LOL! Fine by me, cos I don't need to sort this one out and I get another shower; yay! I'm not worrying about a registry though... When is your shower again Huggles?

I'm so tired and sore and I feel like a whale :(. Lol. My high school principal and his wife have come to Australia on holiday (their son is on teacher exchange a few hours north of us) and they're here for the weekend visiting my parents (my dad was his colleague for many years and they also went to our family's church). Anyway we were invited to go for a beachwalk with them this afternoon. DH declined, but I thought it would be a good excuse for some exercise. Only I didn't know that by beachwalk they didn't mean a nice stroll down one of the beaches as usual, but half of the hike linking them all! We walked half of the longest beach in town (well about 1pm of it), up the huge hill to the lighthouse and back down the other side of the huge hill and then the length of two additional main beaches, and because that 4k hike wasn't enough when we ended at the beach that's a 10 min walk to my parents' house following the road they decided to walk up like 100 steps to the top of a lookout to walk home the long way through the rainforest. So was probably 6k all in all. I can't bend my one knee and my hips and thighs are aching lol.

And I wasnt prepared to be gone so long (took about 3 hours cause we stopped at every lookout haha) I didn't have any snacks with me ao I was absolutely famished by the time we got to my parents house so I ate a banana and then my mom pulled out so many snacks - nuts, crackers and cheese and dip, feta and olives, and strawberries and I saf there pigging out until dinner which was an amazing cheesy bacony mushroomy pasta dish my mom makes that's normally so filling I can only eat a small bit. Well I ate my normal portion and sides, ate dessert and then got upfrom the table and went to eat more snacks that were still out. Probably ate constantly for 3 1/2 hours :haha: No wonder I feel like a whale. The sad part is that I would still be eating if we hadn't come home. I'm not really hungry though (haven't been since eating the banana).

I'll sleep well tonight though, if I can get comfortable lol.

wow NDH thats some walk!! I love to walk far but it is tiring, we have a trail behind us here and I took my family for a 2 hour walk and I was exhausted, and Im not pregnant!! hope he hears about the job on monday, FX. OOOh can you get the receipe for your mums cheesy bacony mushroomy pasta....I love pasta and all those ingredients! we are broke and so trying to cook at home more (hubby is the cook I just help!!)

dew enjoy your weekend as best you can...has your due date past or is it coming? I know its so hard and I wish you had been pregnant for this time of the year. I just keep thinking one day we can look back on all these posts with a bunch of kids running around us and think how hard we tried for this :hugs: oh by the way I did get a 5th injection of 75iu out of my 300 iu pen, so thats great. Im really hoping they keep me at that number so I have another 5 days of injections with the 2nd pen, in fact I might ask them if thats ok as money is tight this month.

huggles yay I hope we get to see some great photos of your boy :cloud9: and how fun doing the registry, anything to do with shopping I love :thumbup:

flying thats do cute, I hope the fuddy duddies are a generous bunch :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im off to the spa for a reflexology session and then some pulling weeds then a couple of movies on our projector. going in tomorrow at 8am, hope its good news [-o<

Wow NDH, that walk does sound totally exhausting!

Flying - my shower is in 3 weeks, on 1 Oct. Had great fun picking out stuff for the registery boxes (did a box at 2 different stores), but was so tired and achy afterwards - my back and feet were killing me. Packed loads of stuff into the registery boxes though. There's no ways we'll get it all but it was fun choosing anyway - and who knows, we might get some of it!

Scan this morning was nice. Here are a few pics. Baby was very stubborn though - kept his hand in front of his face the whole time. And i'm fairly sure he was asleep for most of the scan as well.

Attachments

• Face(4).jpg
    Face(4).jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2
  • foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Live long and prosper.jpg
    Live long and prosper.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 2
  • sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • speak to the hand.jpg
    speak to the hand.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 2
wow amazing photos huggles!!! the face one is so detailed, so does he look like you or hubby?!!

Oh Huggles he's gorgeous! Great pics!

Sarah I'll get her recipe for sure. Its been a family favourite since we were small but certainly not diet friendly (it has peas in it though, does that count? :rofl:)

I'm still so sore this morning I can hardly move :(. Walking like an old lady :(. At first I was confused that I would be THAT out of shape and I was careful to maintain my heart rate and not let it get too elevated, but then I realised it's not my muscles that are sore but my joints (hips, knees, ankles and metatarsals lol) so that could very well be due entirely to pregnancy and not my fitness. Goodness what a lot of stairs though... And the last set home were quite high too. If my belly was any bigger I honestly don't think I'd have been able to climb them lol. They were about double he height of a normal step.

Pasta sounds good as long as I can pick out the mushrooms in my plate. DH will will eat them.

Oooo Huggles, what gorgeous pics to have!!! :D

NDH; ouch! But yup, it's those joints that are soooo loose at the moment that hurt for me if I walk too much too! My hips can crack and pop terribly when I try to roll over in bed at night! lol!!

I just went through all my baby clothes! I still need to do a load of washing for them all, but I've *sorted* them out and basically removed all the big stuff to stash away for later and left all the newborn-ish size stuff to be washed & folded into the drawers. Oh, a tip for anyone; do NOT go by the sizes on the tags!!! Sheesh, I've got a ton of stuff varying from '0000' to '0' that are all within the same basic newborn dimensions, and then I have stuff that are '000' and '00' (that's supposed to be smaller than the '0' stuff) that is actually HUGE and I've stashed away!!! Unfold and compare the actual sizes to each other when sorting!!! I'm so glad I haven't gone and bought any clothes yet, cos we actually have a fair bit that will certainly keep us going while we figure out what else might be needed! About all I need is some more singlets really, and to get more cloth nappies. Anything else we need we can always go out and buy when we need it. :D I'm glad to have it all sorted out though. :)

Sarah - i have no idea who baby looks like. I'm hopeless at seeing resemblences in those things. Although both my mom and hubby reckon baby looks like dh so we'll see.
Although research shows that newborns always looks like the dad when born - there are various theories as to why. So it would make sense i guess for him to look like dh, but will have to wait a few more weeks to find out!

Flying - well done on sorting all the clothes :thumbup:
I sorted what we had from last year a few weeks ago (maybe 2 of 3 weeks ago?), but got a whole bunch more stuff from my mom yesterday so still have to sort that. Then my baby shower is in 3 weeks so expected a couple more clothes. After that I'll do the final sort and then wash everythign up to 3 months (iow newborn size and 0-3 months size).

so I have 1 follicle @ 1.5 and 1 @ 1.2....Im going back on Tuesday so Im hoping the 2nd one will have grown. Good news is Im to continue Gonal F @ 75iu so I wont have to purchase another pen :happydance: So injectables cost me $668 (plus ovidrel $80 plus IUI $325) so not too bad. But next cycle Im sure they will increase the dose to get more follicles.

Im hoping on tuesday I will have a 1.9 and a 1.6 and can trigger, then IUI could on thursday (CD12 so nice and early) :thumbup:

Verrrry cute baby Huggles!

Sarah- do the follicles need to be those certain sizes to trigger and do IUI? Im glad the cost wasn't too bad, but like you say, next cycle probably will be more. Hope you guys stay above water with all this baby making expense!

Ive gotten my travel system finally. Thats a huge relief since I was scared to not have chosen one to take baby home in from the hospital! Thats about all ive accomplished this weekend......im pretty much stting doing nothing. What a load I am.

Flying- I did the same when I washed my baby clothes. I hung them based on how long they looked, not size. I have some that are wayy out of the normal. Idk who sizes some of them!

NDH- careful! It was after a strenuous day that all of my knee pain seemed to stem from. Now its constantly, every single day...think tendonitis? Hope you recover!

with clomid they want over 1.7, Ive read with injectables 1.6 is good but I guess I will see on Tuesday.

last month my 2nd follicle didnt grow so not sure if that will happen again this month, but FX it will.

Do they have any idea why you had more follicles the first month?

Do they have any idea why you had more follicles the first month?

no! I will ask my FS when I meet her at the end of the month.
I was on a quite high dosage of clomid right from the start, and so had a good response apart from the month I had the cyst. My dosage of gonal F is quite low compared to people on here, so thats probably why I only have 2....but Im glad they are going slower with this stronger drug (and it saves me a bit of money). the good thing is if I can do IVF in November they will have 2 months of 'data' to know how I respond to the gonal f and so that should help with the dosage for IVF (where they want like 20 follicles!)

I hope I have 2, but I dont mind 1 if its the perfect egg!

Glad your follies are looking good sarah and that you can stay on the same dosage for the rest of this cycle. Hopefully next week shows more good news and you can do the trigger and IUI on the days you want :dust:

It only takes 1! So you only want to do injectibles with IUI 2 cycles right? And then they use those same injectibles and turn it into IVF then right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->