ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah: wait, don't go...I need some time to type....

I would like to do the reusable diapers too so it will be great to hear how you girls get on with them first!!

unless I have twins or triplets, that may be too hard :haha:

Apparently (like 25 years ago or more), my aunt had twins (obviously i knew that!), but she also had a 2 year old already at home. She cloth diapered with terry towelling squares! A 2 year old AND twins and no hired help around the house.
(I very probably would also land up reconsidering if it were twins though - would never get away from the washing machine! LoL)

OK I think AF is here, not full flow but it sure is here, any delay would have made me go insane which I hate hate hate. I think it got triggered by the stress when I was waiting to hear back from nurse about my AMH results. So, my value is 0.93 ng/ml which according to them is in normal range for my age group (0.2 to 8) (actually not very sure if I remember this range correctly, I was too freaked out that time so kind of forgot most of the conversation I had with nurse, except I think I remember the value correctly) so I am definitely on the lower side. There is a table on the following page which you should see to compare my result. According to it I may be on borderline of normal and low.
https://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm

I would like to do the reusable diapers too so it will be great to hear how you girls get on with them first!!

unless I have twins or triplets, that may be too hard :haha:

Apparently (like 25 years ago or more), my aunt had twins (obviously i knew that!), but she also had a 2 year old already at home. She cloth diapered with terry towelling squares! A 2 year old AND twins and no hired help around the house.
(I very probably would also land up reconsidering if it were twins though - would never get away from the washing machine! LoL)

I think my mum will be staying with us for a month and have a very domesticated husband, so we might manage!!! look forward to hearing all your poop tales :haha:

AMH levels are still not considered a very good criteria to test ovarian reserve but I think it is a good information to have at hand for future use. Now I have to wait for my day 3 FSH and E2 results. I hope E2 (estrogen) is low because my FSH was low earlier which is good thing but as mentioned before elevated E2 can also cause low FSH (which is not a good thing).

OK I think AF is here, not full flow but it sure is here, any delay would have made me go insane which I hate hate hate. I think it got triggered by the stress when I was waiting to hear back from nurse about my AMH results. So, my value is 0.93 ng/ml which according to them is in normal range for my age group (0.2 to 8) (actually not very sure if I remember this range correctly, I was too freaked out that time so kind of forgot most of the conversation I had with nurse, except I think I remember the value correctly) so I am definitely on the lower side. There is a table on the following page which you should see to compare my result. According to it I may be on borderline of normal and low.
https://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm

low normal to normal sounds ok?? are you happy??

I looked up and found this thread, but I think these people are talking a different measurement
https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/324796-your-amh-level-age.html

do you know of any tests that measure egg quality? I may have a good supply but what if they are all bad. I think ivf is the only way they can see how the eggs react. on your link it says the more eggs the more likely some are good though. i just wondered if there were any indicators of bad eggs.

dew Im sure once you get going on the iui cycle you will enjoy it, as finally you are monitoring things like lining and follicles...right now you dont know any of that.

also forgot to mention my lining was .8 (they want over .7) so technically I could be triggered tomorrow or soon if I have mature follicles.

AMH levels are still not considered a very good criteria to test ovarian reserve but I think it is a good information to have at hand for future use. Now I have to wait for my day 3 FSH and E2 results. I hope E2 (estrogen) is low because my FSH was low earlier which is good thing but as mentioned before elevated E2 can also cause low FSH (which is not a good thing).

so right now they were worried about your baseline follicle count (cant remember the name), but your amh is ok, and if your e2 is ok do you think that everything is ok and that baseline count was wrong?

Sorry for confusing you Sarah. Actually, I am also confused.
Here is what I have been tested for...
FSH 5.7 Excellent number but due to lack of E2 level information it means nothing as increased E2 can cause fake good FSH level. So Day 3 tests will tell more about my FSH and E2.

D2 did pelvic US on day 7 and counted my basal antral follicles as 4 (2 on each side) and said it is very low count and I will need to be triggered with high dose of FSH to get any results. He also said my ovarian reserve is low and in few years I will in menopause.

I asked D1 during our last appointment for AMH blood test. She agreed for it but said she will still need day 3 US and lab work to make any conclusions.

Today I talked to D1's nurse and she told me my AMH level is 0.93 and she said they are in normal range for my age group. I asked her if D1 has any comment on it, she said D1 will look at it only if it was abnormal.

I just scheduled my day 3 US, it's on Wednesday morning. In case, AF doesn't come full flow, I have to call again tomorrow to reschedule for Thursday. Hope I don't have to reschedule.

P.S. D1 isn't aware of my basal antral follicle count as she hasn't done an US on me and I didn't want to feed into her any info from the other doctor.

Sarah, unfortunately I do not know what would predict quality of eggs. I remember talking to D1 about it but have kind of forgotten. I will be reading more about it online and if I come across something, I will let you know. Your lining looks good. About medication to prevent ovulation, D1 said they will only delay it by one day and not more than that.

Sorry for confusing you Sarah. Actually, I am also confused.
Here is what I have been tested for...
FSH 5.7 Excellent number but due to lack of E2 level information it means nothing as increased E2 can cause fake good FSH level. So Day 3 tests will tell more about my FSH and E2.

D2 did pelvic US on day 7 and counted my basal antral follicles as 4 (2 on each side) and said it is very low count and I will need to be triggered with high dose of FSH to get any results. He also said my ovarian reserve is low and in few years I will in menopause.

I asked D1 during our last appointment for AMH blood test. She agreed for it but said she will still need day 3 US and lab work to make any conclusions.

Today I talked to D1's nurse and she told me my AMH level is 0.93 and she said they are in normal range for my age group. I asked her if D1 has any comment on it, she said D1 will look at it only if it was abnormal.

I just scheduled my day 3 US, it's on Wednesday morning. In case, AF doesn't come full flow, I have to call again tomorrow to reschedule for Thursday. Hope I don't have to reschedule.

so D2 based that info solely on the baf nothing else?

can D1 do a baf on CD3? seeing as you are unmedicated right now. I hope the flow comes in full so you can go on wednesday.

im so anxious to see how my follicles are tomorrow...I was only told about the 2 larger than 10mm, they said I had a bunch under 10. a girl in the over 35 folder was saying how she has 6 follicles, but they all seem small apart from a couple, so its interesting they even mentioned them. It would be great if some of my under 10mm had a growth spurt as technically if they grew 2mm on sunday & monday = 4mm, then trigger on tuesday they still have 2 more days to IUI so could be 4 mm more! but I doubt it, I think my clinic were assuming the 2 were in the lead and the others wont catch up. i just hope the 2nd one grew so I can have 2.

Sarah, yes day 3 US will also count my basal antral follicles in an unmedicated state but it should be same as what D2 calculated. Yes, D2 concluded everything about my ovarian status based on BAF count.

The thread you forwarded me makes me feel my AMH level is very low. I wonder why nurse said my count was within range. I hope she knew what she was talking about. Anyways I will know more soon, probably on Wednesday. I will also know then how much I am paying for FSH injections.

Sarah, may be those ladies on your thread are talking about values in pmol/ml as pointed by another lady on page 2. In that case, my value will be 6.64pmol/ml. (calculated using formula provided by Leilani on page 2)

Sarah: are you gonna BD tomorrow? I guess it is OK to BD before trigger shot, best if you BD 36-48 hours before sperm sample is collected for IUI.

Sarah, may be those ladies on your thread are talking about values in pmol/ml as pointed by another lady on page 2. In that case, my value will be 6.64pmol/ml. (calculated using formula provided by Leilani on page 2)

yes that was I was thinking, that it was some other form of calculation as its completely different.

I am going to BD tonight, so then if they tell me to trigger tomorrow night and IUI thursday thats 2 and a half days before IUI. Im trying to find the perfect timing between having some sperm 'up there' and having enough for IUI. I figured Monday night - Thursday morning was enough for hubby to replenish....probably not as much as his 4 day abstainance of 29,000 but more than 1 day abstainance of 5 million! I just worry that what if these IUIs are too late and so want to BD before. Now that

Dew- how many cycles do you plan to do the trigger and IUI?

Sarah- hope those 2 follicles behave and grow. If they don't what is the cause for that?

I am feeling like something is going to happen soon for one of you, or at least I sure hope so! In the mean time, im learning so much that im confusing myself! Lol. Its amazing what you two have learned and seem so knowledgeable about.

I am going to BD tonight, so then if they tell me to trigger tomorrow night and IUI thursday thats 2 and a half days before IUI. Im trying to find the perfect timing between having some sperm 'up there' and having enough for IUI. I figured Monday night - Thursday morning was enough for hubby to replenish....probably not as much as his 4 day abstainance of 29,000 but more than 1 day abstainance of 5 million! I just worry that what if these IUIs are too late and so want to BD before. Now that

BD tonight as much later as possible or tomorrow morning if possible and then once more 24 hours after IUI. When your DH got 5 million, you have to take into account some loss due to freeze and thaw as well.

Dew- how many cycles do you plan to do the trigger and IUI?

Sarah- hope those 2 follicles behave and grow. If they don't what is the cause for that?

I am feeling like something is going to happen soon for one of you, or at least I sure hope so! In the mean time, im learning so much that im confusing myself! Lol. Its amazing what you two have learned and seem so knowledgeable about.

NY: I am not so sure how we'll go ahead with it. I think DH wants to do 2 IUI cycles (making use of insurance money) and then IVF (out of our pocket), then 2 more IUIs next year (with next year's insurance money). I don't know what I want, I guess I'll go 1 day 1 test at a time. It's already too overwhelming for me.

BD tonight as much later as possible or tomorrow morning if possible and then once more 24 hours after IUI. When your DH got 5 million, you have to take into account some loss due to freeze and thaw as well.

yes very true!

dont want to tomorrow as have to leave at 6am to get to the clinic for 8am, Im not a morning person so not going to get up at 5am to :sex: and I would feel a bit embarrased when they put in the ultrasound probe up there that they would be able to tell there was loads of goo in there :rofl:

hubby didnt want to BD the night of the IUI as he said why taint the perfect washed sperm...but 24 hours after would be ok.

this cycle has been good for action...CD3, CD8 and CD10 Ive had appointments, last cycles it was CD3 to CD13 so a longer wait.

dont want to tomorrow as have to leave at 6am to get to the clinic for 8am, Im not a morning person so not going to get up at 5am to :sex: and I would feel a bit embarrased when they put in the ultrasound probe up there that they would be able to tell there was loads of goo in there :rofl:

this cycle has been good for action...CD3, CD8 and CD10 Ive had appointments, last cycles it was CD3 to CD13 so a longer wait.

I forgot about that, oh man! and how is it on day 3 US. I guess when they remove the probe, it will have blood on it :wacko:

I too will have US on CD3 and 8, don't know when next...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->