ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah- I do want another child, but to get this pregnancy I had 2 miscarriages and year and years of trying....im not sure I can do that all over again, but we will see. Maybe for some strange reason that time would be easier. I really dont kow and never will if I dont try, right?

NDH- im sorry about the hubby's job search and let down:( that stinks, but things work out, they always do so I am still hopeful for you guys and know you will be ok.

Dew- Good luck at your US and im hoping no crazy surprises for you. When does DH come back? Interesting your injections are PM and Sarah's are AM. So many differences it makes you wonder if they are just clinical preferences or if they're truely factual!

I saw Contagion last night and it made me super paranoid! I dont know whether I should have the family get flu shot this year, we dont usually, but im scared of getting something! Also, the movie kinda makes you wonder about WHO(world health organization) and CDC(center for disease control) and what they actually know about things and how they are treating situations.....kinda interesting to me. I used to want to work for CDC in pathology so love that stuff. OF COURSE the movie was about an outbreak that began in Minneapolis MN:) Just to make me more paranoid. Lol.

NY - my mom had 3 miscarriages before me, and then 6 years later fell pg with my brother whilst on the pill! So there's always a chance next time would be easier for you :hugs:

Thank you ladies! :flower:

No crazy surprise as yet. Still waiting on blood test results - LH, FSH, E2. US was fine as they would expect on Day 3. I asked how many follicles they could see today. I was told tiny ones -3 on one side and 4 on the other.

Sarah, earlier I didn't remember the dose properly, so CD3-5 150 IU, CD6-7 125 IU.

I am at Panera. Food is getting cold....will write more later. :hugs:

NY: DH will be back on Friday. We'll probably go see Contagion that night. We missed it last weekend as had guests stay over. We are both very excited to see this movie and we both love Matt Damon.

Thank you ladies! :flower:

No crazy surprise as yet. Still waiting on blood test results - LH, FSH, E2. US was fine as they would expect on Day 3. I asked how many follicles they could see today. I was told tiny ones -3 on one side and 4 on the other.

Sarah, earlier I didn't remember the dose properly, so CD3-5 150 IU, CD6-7 125 IU.

I am at Panera. Food is getting cold....will write more later. :hugs:

well Im glad there was no bad news...I was worried about you on your own!! so what does that mean...that you possibly have 7 basal follicles?? and when will they have the blood results back?

the dosage looks good, good luck with the injection tonight :thumbup:

Thanks ladies... Sheryl my BP is normally around 120/80 so they start to worry when it varies from what's normal for me!

Nikki... Oh my god i'd be fuming!! :hugs:

Dew... Good luck honey - hope it all goes well!

Sarah my MIL is here for 2 weeks, I wouldn't be sad if she was leaving this Sat, but sadly I have her for another 10 days :(

Natalie... Sweetie I really hope things work out for you guys, must be so disheartening! :hugs: xxx

I have been forced to start nesting after fighting it off for a few weeks. DH said he refuses to put together the nursery furniture he built until after we have shampooed the carpets. He knew that would be a good motivation for me to get the house ready. I found out my bathroom sink is leaking when I was cleaning out under the sink cabinets but I also found 7 pairs of contacts that I can return $$$ so I am going to see if my eye doctor will let me get a new rx since I will get a refund on those. I only bought 12 pairs and I swear they were about $300.

Sarah- I do want another child, but to get this pregnancy I had 2 miscarriages and year and years of trying....im not sure I can do that all over again, but we will see. Maybe for some strange reason that time would be easier. I really dont kow and never will if I dont try, right?

yes I do wonder if its easier, my best friend who just told me she is pregnant with #2 originally had a miscarriage, then it took her a full year to get pregnant again with her daughter. but this 2nd try worked first or second time (she wasnt specific just said really fast). Her daugther was under 1 so perhaps you are reallt fertile for a year after??!

for me I think TTCing a 2nd would be easier as I already had one, where now I have nothing. But Im sure its just as hard, I will probably love being a mum and yearn for loads more!!

well Im glad there was no bad news...I was worried about you on your own!! so what does that mean...that you possibly have 7 basal follicles?? and when will they have the blood results back?

Thanks Sarah!

At least this cycle, I believe I have 7 basal antral follicles :wacko: I also got back my blood results.

FSH is elevated - ~13 :cry:
E2 is low (silent as they call it and expect it on day 3) - 25
LH is low (good) - 5.5

Elevated FSH may mean that I might require even higher dose of Follistim to stimulate my follicles but they won't increase the dose more than what is already prescribed in first cycle, based on my response, they might increase next time.

When I got back home and opened the prescription package, it didn't have PEN, called the clinic and they asked me to come pick it up from them. Sarah, is it possible for you to come online for few minutes around 8pm (your 9pm) just in case I have a question about injection or pen, thanks and if you cannot I'll understand.

Thanks Sarah!

At least this cycle, I believe I have 7 basal antral follicles :wacko: I also got back my blood results.

FSH is elevated - ~13 :cry:
E2 is low (silent as they call it and expect it to be on day 3) - 25
LH is low (good) - 5.5

Elevated FSH may mean that I might require even higher dose of Follistim to stimulate my follicles but they won't increase the dose more than what is already prescribed in first cycle, based on my response, they might increase next time.

When I got back home and opened the prescription package, it didn't have PEN, called the clinic and they asked me to come pick it up from them. Sarah, is it possible for you to come online for few minutes around 8pm (your 9pm) just in case I have a question about injection or pen, thanks and if you cannot I'll understand.

hi! I will try to come online at 9pm yes! I wont stay on long as I try not to be in my office at that time otherwise I will be tempted to work!! so if you are ok please post to let me know not to stick around

is that considered bad for FSH then? doesnt seem too high to me, Ive seen worse on here.

looks like LL has faint lines, 5 days past transfer. makes me excited about IVF possibilty. although its not definite yet that I can afford it for november....last week I had to move $2000 of my money into my business account as it was short for payroll (spa is slow in the back to work/school weeks) so that worries me. But I have to have something to look forward to so I dont get depressed about spending $668 and only having one follicle.

hi! I will try to come online at 9pm yes! I wont stay on long as I try not to be in my office at that time otherwise I will be tempted to work!! so if you are ok please post to let me know not to stick around

is that considered bad for FSH then? doesnt seem too high to me, Ive seen worse on here.

looks like LL has faint lines, 5 days past transfer. makes me excited about IVF possibilty. although its not definite yet that I can afford it for november....last week I had to move $2000 of my money into my business account as it was short for payroll (spa is slow in the back to work/school weeks) so that worries me. But I have to have something to look forward to so I dont get depressed about spending $668 and only having one follicle.

Thanks again Sarah! I will put the Pen-cartridge together at 5 mins to 8 and once that's done, injecting should take a minute so I should write to you at 8.

It's funny how we put all our faith in every IUI cycle including first while clinic is just experimenting and standardizing the drug dose for us. It's sad how IUI cycles get canceled many times either because the dose was too low or it was too high. I will start drinking plenty of water/lemonade to avoid OHSS or cyst formation. I am also asked to take baby aspirin every day.

Fortunately and to my surprise, I just had to pay $15 copay for follistim just like any other drug.

And yes congratulations to LL and keeping FXed it's a sticky bean. After genetic testing, chances are good for embryo survival and growth once it has implanted. I so hope this IUI works for you.

Sarah: 2 months back my FSH was 5.5 and today it is 13. Why can't these hormones stay stable at least for a year or 6 months!!??? I don't think it is too bad but it definitely is on the upper side. See the link below...

https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

And yes congratulations to LL and keeping FXed it's a sticky bean. After genetic testing, chances are good for embryo survival and growth once it has implanted. I so hope this IUI works for you.

honestly Im not holding out much hope with the 1 follicle :nope: just trying to look at the bigger picture (the next few months). My IUI is probably Saturday so 2 weeks later the blood test will be Oct 1...my bday (so I will ask if its ok to go the Friday as I think we are going down to Niagara). Im sure it will be bfn and have to prepare for that so my bday is not ruined.

thats so weird your FSH changed that much in 2 months, i know mine was 5 one month and 3.5 another, its hard believe its that low when Im 39 and not getting pregnant. this whole TTC thing is such a mystery :shrug:

it's getting tougher every day and I am constantly losing hope. I tried to cheer myself up this morning and promised to keep a PMA but how is it possible when test results are against me...they are not even sure if 150 IU dose of Follistim will be able to stimulate my follicles. I am so tired right now, head is hurting too.

it's getting tougher every day and I am constantly losing hope. I tried to cheer myself up this morning and promised to keep a PMA but how is it possible when test results are against me...they are not even sure if 150 IU dose of Follistim will be able to stimulate my follicles. I am so tired right now, head is hurting too.

Im not feeling very good....have nausea again and generally dont feel great. I dont know if its the gonal f or exhaustion or what. but dont worry it will happen to you, Im very sensitive in general....I even get sick in car rides (so forget boats, roller coasters etc) so doesnt surprise me.

Im hoping you will stimulate well, I have great test results and had 2 months of not stimulating well so you will probably be the opposite!

Sarah: compared to me, looking at your day 3 results, you are very fertile. It's crazy why you haven't gotten pregnant yet. Hopefully, progesterone in 2WW will help. I am definitely peri-menopausal...so sad :(

Im not feeling very good....have nausea again and generally dont feel great. I dont know if its the gonal f or exhaustion or what. but dont worry it will happen to you, Im very sensitive in general....I even get sick in car rides (so forget boats, roller coasters etc) so doesnt surprise me.

Hey if you are not feeling well, you might want to sleep early. I think I should be OK with pen and follistim. Please don't wait for me, I can always find videos online if needed. Hope you feel better :hugs:

Will you be taking progesterone orally or per vagina?

Found this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eyCAM0vQ0

Hey if you are not feeling well, you might want to sleep early. I think I should be OK with pen and follistim. Please don't wait for me, I can always find videos online if needed. Hope you feel better :hugs:

Will you be taking progesterone orally or per vagina?

Found this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eyCAM0vQ0

yes thats basically the same as my pen, although theres no cartridge to put in, it comes as is. the rest is the same. it looks horrible doing on the thigh and I wasnt told to rotate sites but dont do in exactly the same place every day. Its much easier to grab a roll on your stomach and do it there than the thigh (that looked horrible!) and I like to think the stomach is the nearest to the ovaries!

Im waiting for DH to come home as he went to his parents so I am around and will check back at 9pm

and I dont know about the progesterone, will let you know!

Dew what do they like to see FSH below? It seems to vary from place to place what's considered normal. It's disheartening that it's elevated so much more than last time:( The fact that they saw 7 follies is good news! Maybe D2 only counted the 4 bigger ones - they may have different standards of measurement? And how fantastic that you only had to pay $15 for the follistim! I hope it's successful in stimulating your follicles at the very least :hugs:

DH is booked in for the traffic controller training which starts in two weeks. It's only a two day course and costs $400, which is a lot less than we were expecting so that's good news. He really is interested in pursuing this as a career which I find encouraging as he's never expressed much interest or excitement in work before other than a means to pay the bills. We can tough it out for another two weeks, and with any luck (we're definitely due some) he could be working in early October. It still seems so far away, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->