ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Dew what do they like to see FSH below? It seems to vary from place to place what's considered normal. It's disheartening that it's elevated so much more than last time:( The fact that they saw 7 follies is good news! Maybe D2 only counted the 4 bigger ones - they may have different standards of measurement? And how fantastic that you only had to pay $15 for the follistim! I hope it's successful in stimulating your follicles at the very least :hugs:

DH is booked in for the traffic controller training which starts in two weeks. It's only a two day course and costs $400, which is a lot less than we were expecting so that's good news. He really is interested in pursuing this as a career which I find encouraging as he's never expressed much interest or excitement in work before other than a means to pay the bills. We can tough it out for another two weeks, and with any luck (we're definitely due some) he could be working in early October. It still seems so far away, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:

my clinic said they look for under 10 for FSH.

thats great news! especially that he is enthusiastic about it, life is so much better when you like your job :thumbup: so there is actual work available from one of these contacts he has?

Fortunately and to my surprise, I just had to pay $15 copay for follistim just like any other drug.

thats amazing! so how much will this cycle cost you in total? I cant remember the price of the IUI but I think its covered.

this one will be about $1100 for me, next cycle will probably be nearer $1600 when they increase my dosage.

All done...hopefully correctly, it hurt just a little...stingy pain and I do see a tiny red spot on tummy. Thanks Sarah!

Fortunately and to my surprise, I just had to pay $15 copay for follistim just like any other drug.

thats amazing! so how much will this cycle cost you in total? I cant remember the price of the IUI but I think its covered.

this one will be about $1100 for me, next cycle will probably be nearer $1600 when they increase my dosage.

Sarah: 80% of IUI process (including everything done at clinic) is covered by insurance and for medication we pay $15 copay. When insurance has paid $8000 for us, they stop and from there on we pay all out of pocket.

All done...hopefully correctly, it hurt just a little...stingy pain and I do see a tiny red spot on tummy. Thanks Sarah!

yay!
also I forgot to mention try and wait a little after wiping the alcohol rub on the skin...if the skin is wet it seems to sting more, but you might already know that!

Dew what do they like to see FSH below? It seems to vary from place to place what's considered normal. It's disheartening that it's elevated so much more than last time:( The fact that they saw 7 follies is good news! Maybe D2 only counted the 4 bigger ones - they may have different standards of measurement? And how fantastic that you only had to pay $15 for the follistim! I hope it's successful in stimulating your follicles at the very least :hugs:

DH is booked in for the traffic controller training which starts in two weeks. It's only a two day course and costs $400, which is a lot less than we were expecting so that's good news. He really is interested in pursuing this as a career which I find encouraging as he's never expressed much interest or excitement in work before other than a means to pay the bills. We can tough it out for another two weeks, and with any luck (we're definitely due some) he could be working in early October. It still seems so far away, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:

my clinic said they look for under 10 for FSH.

thats great news! especially that he is enthusiastic about it, life is so much better when you like your job :thumbup: so there is actual work available from one of these contacts he has?

Below 6 is excellent and anything above 10-12 predicts poor ovarian reserve.

NDH, good luck for DH's new job adventure, hope he gets what he is already falling in love with :)

yay!
also I forgot to mention try and wait a little after wiping the alcohol rub on the skin...if the skin is wet it seems to sting more, but you might already know that!

yes! and it continued to bleed for sometime, tiny bit, then I sat down and it seems to have stopped. Tomorrow it should be easier as I don't have to insert the cartridge. I think pharmacy made a mistake of not giving the pen filled with cartridge and gave me just the cartridge. Or may be nurse didn't place the order properly because inserting the cartridge was not told in the training. This video helped a lot.

Yay Dew - glad your first dose went well and you survived it! By the end of the cycle you'll wonder what the big deal was about injecting yourself I bet.

And yes there is currently lots of work for traffic controllers. He can't really go by what is currently available as no one will hold a job for him or anything, but Mark called around for him and said that the consensus is there is always work available, especially for those who are willing to work. If he's willing to travel out of the immediate area (up to two hours in either direction mostly) then he'll have no trouble. We'd have to get the car fixed before he could consider travelling for work, but it's a no brainer that we'd do it for a job.

Oh, and I haven't posted a bump picture in here yet - I'm 25 weeks today so I should share one in here :) I've had a small but growing bump since about 19 weeks, but this morning I noticed that it's really popped! So here you go.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
You have a small frame like I do :) I think my hubby's training starts earlier but it lasts longer so your hubby will probably be doing his job sooner.

Great that your hubby is doing the traffic controller training NDH. Really hope he finds a job nice and quickly once he has that done.
Great bump pic!
Happy 25 weeks!

and happy 31 weeks to sheryl
and 30 weeks for me! :D

And I think flying and NY are moving up today as well, although i can never remember the exact number of weeks. I think it's 36 and 37? Or is it 35 and 36? I get so confused LoL Either way, happy new number of weeks!

Dew - really glad the first injection went ok :hugs:

Sarah: good luck for today's scan....sorry I forgot to ask you yesterday, if you tested for LH surge with OPK. Hope follicles and lining are looking better today.

NDH: this is the first time I am seeing your picture...bump looks cute on your petite frame. You look very young and pretty :) congrats on completing 25 weeks!

Good job Dew on your first injection! I am sorry your FSH raised so much in 2 months....was there any speculation on what happened in just such a short time or didn't they care to think about that?

Sarah- how is everything going on your side?

NDH and Sheryl- Hope your hubbies get working. Mine not working would devastate us as he is the bread winner.....and I still wish he won more bread as it is! But oh well, money doesn't come with us when we die, but our memories do so just enjoy life as you can with what you have. Precious gifts are coming, whether you have the perfect situation or not!

Huggles- happy 30 weeks!

Mummy- hope you are surviving;)

I am on a day off work. Pretty happy abou thtat as I have NOT slep this week and its making me insane. I will try and relax today I dont feel like doing much.

Dew- the movie itself may not have been the best acting or producing, but I found it interesting and at 35 weeks pregnant, with NO sleep the night before, it kept me awake until 1030 at the late movie- so had to be interesting to do that! Lol. Can't wait to hear what you thought of it. ....just be warned- if you think its scary or gory- its not one bit. Even the deaths are not gory or anything. So it was a tad different than I expected.

NY: hormone levels do change from cycle to cycle so we cannot always rely on one months data. Best judge would be my body's response to stimulation and there is no other way to know that than to keep taking drug and follow up with US and E2 tests. Hopefully weekend will go fast as my next US is on Monday, CD8.

I have been a scientist/researcher most of my adult life so have experience working with infectious diseases as well and DH is even more experienced so it will be interesting for us to see this movie. 2 of my friends are scientists in CDC so have heard about their practices too. It's good it isn't gory because I don't like gory.

The movie should be right up your alley then! It did get me thinking though....was slightly more paranoid at the hospital worknig yesterday!

The new job he has should allow him to get about a $3 merit raise from testing his knowledge every 6 months after training is complete. He gets his first $3 raise after training is complete and that will help a lot. Kristin's hiccups are at the very bottom of my bump and feel like they are coming from my butt when my legs are pulled up. I wonder if she's gone head down. I will have to see if she headbutts me today as usual.

DH is coming early, he'll be back today, he felt bad that I had to be alone through everything yesterday. In that case, he can inject me tonight. :)

Sheryl: 31 weeks sound like a good time for baby to go in head down position, would be a good news for you!

Super Yay Dew! What a guy:)

Mine has been head down every single ultrasound from 20 weeks! All 3 of them. He would be a very good baby if I were doing a natural deliver!

Oh, and I haven't posted a bump picture in here yet - I'm 25 weeks today so I should share one in here :) I've had a small but growing bump since about 19 weeks, but this morning I noticed that it's really popped! So here you go.

omg look how cute you are!!!! you are tiny with a perfect bump :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"