ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

dew no more opk's as the trigger shot will make it positive anyway! so last one was yesterday morning which was negative. theres a chance my surge could have started last night but the trigger may override that anyway.

so we BD'd yesterday around noon, so thats just under 2 days for sperm sample....will be interesting to see tomorrow what his count is. he goes for 8am then Im back for 11am. I was glad to get some sperm 'up there' incase I ovulated today. But even if I ovulate today the egg should stick around and be there for tomorrows IUI (which is why its timed 36 hours after the trigger). After tomorrow I can forget about all this nonsense for a while :haha:

I have the movie 'last night' with keira knightly and eva mendes to watch tonight..its about relationships and tempation, we'll see if its any good!

Yeah just one more day then you can relax. I know how tormenting this whole thing is. I shed tears so many times in one day, I hate it. I may have only 2 OPK sticks left and not ordering more because I want the clinic to do their best and take care of me. Do you know how you plan to take prometrium-progesterone, orally or through vagina? FS said if I am too sleepy then take through vagina otherwise mouth.

I like Keira Knightly but haven't seen that movie. hope you enjoy it!

We are renting a Bissell Big Green from Lowes. There is a $25 rental fee but I got a $10 coupon from their site so it will cost us $15 plus the cost of the solution and we will have the machine for 24 hours.

That's awesome. I also look for deals and coupons :winkwink:

Hi Preethi!!! We are missing you, but it's so lovely to hear how well Gemma is doing! Sleep when you can and I can't wait to hear when you get to take her home!!! xxx

Sarah, I know exactly how you feel about the planning thing!!! I was planning on doing my masters grooming exam this year; one that I need to start planning for a year in advance for! I was leaving it and leaving it, not wanting to commit or to back out cos while we were TTC, I knew it could take ages to GET preg, but still had some hope it wouldn't; ya know? I figured if I was only in early pregnancy I could probably still do it, but then if I got preg at the start of the year I couldn't really. Turns out the month that I was starting to really worry about making a proper decision is the month I got preg...! I basically HAD to decide by Feb because of a workshop we had to confirm for that was happening in March. I got my BFP on the 5th Feb... lol. Sooooo, I hope that for you, you simply get a BFP this month so you can finally plan your christmas properly!!! FX!

I'm going to get another bump photo this morning and see if it's any different to a couple of weeks ago. Apparently baby is utterly piling the fat on now, so growing and growing and growing; and basically nothing else! So I want to see if my bump is any bigger... it's so hard to tell when looking down on top of it! LOL

new avatar of my current bump this morning; 36+1. Here is the larger version:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3210-1.jpg

dew no more opk's as the trigger shot will make it positive anyway! so last one was yesterday morning which was negative. theres a chance my surge could have started last night but the trigger may override that anyway.

so we BD'd yesterday around noon, so thats just under 2 days for sperm sample....will be interesting to see tomorrow what his count is. he goes for 8am then Im back for 11am. I was glad to get some sperm 'up there' incase I ovulated today. But even if I ovulate today the egg should stick around and be there for tomorrows IUI (which is why its timed 36 hours after the trigger). After tomorrow I can forget about all this nonsense for a while :haha:

I have the movie 'last night' with keira knightly and eva mendes to watch tonight..its about relationships and tempation, we'll see if its any good!

Yeah just one more day then you can relax. I know how tormenting this whole thing is. I shed tears so many times in one day, I hate it. I may have only 2 OPK sticks left and not ordering more because I want the clinic to do their best and take care of me. Do you know how you plan to take prometrium-progesterone, orally or through vagina? FS said if I am too sleepy then take through vagina otherwise mouth.

I like Keira Knightly but haven't seen that movie. hope you enjoy it!

I got my prometrim and they are the vaginal suppositories, I just need to get directions tomorrow after my IUI.

as for the ov tests...you may need some for the time when you are waiting for ov but I just buy them from the clinic @ $10 each. I only needed one this cycle. Im assuming your clinic would do the same....theres that small window when they are waiting for the follies to mature but want to track your natural LH surge so my clinic has me do the tests and phone in the results. I cant wait to see how you respond, so monday is what CD? did hubby do injection last night or is it tonight?

I spoke to my sister over email, they probably couldnt come at christmas if I cant go home. So I dont know what to do now :growlmad: my mum is 72 and so we dont have that many xmas's left and I LOVE christmas at home. I spent one christmas here with hubbies family and didnt like it at all, it was so weird. Really I should just wait till January to start the IVF but I have this November thing stuck in my head....as its sooner plus I love the idea of a August bday so my family can come over for parties. But perhaps thats silly, it might not work anyway but I just feel I have the best chance so why not time it how Id like.

Im going to ask my FS when I see her soon about flying in the first trimester, but I really dont think I would risk it after paying $12,000 and finally getting a bfp. If I got pregnant this month I would be just over 3 months at Xmas which would be perfect, but really it never happens when you want it (the bday bfp just seems so far fetched to me). I suppose my BFP will override the being here at xmas thing.

sorry for droning on, I dont want this getting pregnant thing to change my life but at the same time I want to minimize all risks. its really hard living so far away from all my family.

wow! that's a big beautiful bump Flying :)

Beautiful flying!

This shampooing is taking forever. He's still on the first room but its the biggest in the house and the other areas for tonight are small at least. I'm going to have to go get another $30 bottle of solution in the morning. On the up side it requires no help so he's doing it all and I am in the bedroom trapped until morning with snack foods and ice water.

lol, so I went and got a different pic and made THAT my avatar... bigger pic:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3217.jpg

and a full body shot (don't think I've done one yet...!)
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3233.jpg

I'm still down by 2kg (4.4lb) since my pre-preg weight. Had a good midwife appointment; baby's heartbeat is good and it's still sitting head-down like it should be! It confirmed what I'd thought though; it's still switching which side it lays on, as for the scan it had it's back way over on my left side, but today it was laying over to the right for the midwife! I was pretty sure it's still swapping sides, so that just confirmed it really. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's BACK to my left side again right now! lol! I don't care if it wriggles like that, as long as it stays head-down then I'm happy; it'll spin into the right direction during labour most likely if it doesn't settle to facing the right way before then. lol.

that's a beautiful top flying! And so great about your weight.
Glad bubs is still head down.

I got my prometrim and they are the vaginal suppositories, I just need to get directions tomorrow after my IUI.

as for the ov tests...you may need some for the time when you are waiting for ov but I just buy them from the clinic @ $10 each. I only needed one this cycle. Im assuming your clinic would do the same....theres that small window when they are waiting for the follies to mature but want to track your natural LH surge so my clinic has me do the tests and phone in the results. I cant wait to see how you respond, so monday is what CD? did hubby do injection last night or is it tonight?

I spoke to my sister over email, they probably couldnt come at christmas if I cant go home. So I dont know what to do now :growlmad: my mum is 72 and so we dont have that many xmas's left and I LOVE christmas at home. I spent one christmas here with hubbies family and didnt like it at all, it was so weird. Really I should just wait till January to start the IVF but I have this November thing stuck in my head....as its sooner plus I love the idea of a August bday so my family can come over for parties. But perhaps thats silly, it might not work anyway but I just feel I have the best chance so why not time it how Id like.

Im going to ask my FS when I see her soon about flying in the first trimester, but I really dont think I would risk it after paying $12,000 and finally getting a bfp. If I got pregnant this month I would be just over 3 months at Xmas which would be perfect, but really it never happens when you want it (the bday bfp just seems so far fetched to me). I suppose my BFP will override the being here at xmas thing.

sorry for droning on, I dont want this getting pregnant thing to change my life but at the same time I want to minimize all risks. its really hard living so far away from all my family.

Sarah: Thinking of you and praying IUI goes well today :thumbup:

Premetrium I have are oval tablets that can be taken either orally or vaginally, so is yours a vaginal cream?

Monday will be CD8 for me. DH did not give me injection that day. He wanted to see how I was doing it. He felt I was going almost 90 degree and suggested for sub-Q I have to be at 45 deg angle so I did that on 3rd day. Now, I have 3 tiny red dots on my tummy :)

Unless there is any observable complication in pregnancy, I don't think 7 hour flight would be a problem in first trimester...as long as you are not too sick with nausea. I hope BFP comes very soon to you. We had plans of going to Hawaii in Fall but I am not even thinking about it now. I need to be happy to have fun which I am not. Also, would want to save that money for my treatment.

It has been a while that I met my family so I know how hard it is to be away from loved ones. :hugs:

Will be waiting for an update from you...take care! :flower:

Flying that top compliments your lovely complexion :)

Hi girls!

Dew and Sarah- another girl on a thread im on is doing IVF and her doc put her on Vit D a few cycles ago to prep for it...guess there is some hype over it, maybe you guys should just begin taking it?

Dew- I am actually liking the cold weather enough, but kinda in trouble with clothing because I didn't buy any maternity clothes for fall time.....and now dont really want to spend lots of money on them, but NOTHING will fit over my bump to keep me warm. So its kind of a pain. Especially to soccer games which are freezing! I can't believe how cold it got already. We were going to go to the Apple Orchard today but its too chilly I think....Glad you got to go to the movie!

Sarah- hope you figure out the christmas travel issue....no good advice on that one. you just have to think which is more important- traveling home for xmas or to be pregnant....since having both isnt an option for you. How come if you dont do november IVF you wouldn't start in december? Is it just that month is too busy?

Hope all is well with everyone else!

hi everyone!
I just wanted to pop on and quickly update: Had my IUI, my usual nurse wasnt there so had a different one....shes really really nice but it was way more uncomfortable than normal and I said 'ow' twice (the last 2 times I couldnt feel much other than a warm then crampy feeling). she said her technique is slower as she likes to put it into the best place whatever that means. we had 12.5 million sperm, 92% motility, 90% morphology....thats after 2 days abstaining so very happy with that (plus we BD'd thursday morning so that sperm is hopefully up there too).. so its out of my hands now! now time to forget about TTCing for a couple of weeks....

Lol so this nurse knows of "the best place, huh!". Well good for her to have it all figured out. Hope this means something lucky for you this cycle:) Thats more sperm than last time right? I think i recall 5 mill? Fingers crossed now and lets start hoping for the TTC fairy to get busy!

hi everyone!
I just wanted to pop on and quickly update: Had my IUI, my usual nurse wasnt there so had a different one....shes really really nice but it was way more uncomfortable than normal and I said 'ow' twice (the last 2 times I couldnt feel much other than a warm then crampy feeling). she said her technique is slower as she likes to put it into the best place whatever that means. we had 12.5 million sperm, 92% motility, 90% morphology....thats after 2 days abstaining so very happy with that (plus we BD'd thursday morning so that sperm is hopefully up there too).. so its out of my hands now! now time to forget about TTCing for a couple of weeks....

That sounds good Sarah! I hope nurse put the spermies close to fallopian tube :) Don't disappear on us in 2WW as I said before we can talk about totally unrelated things.

Do they perform an US before IUI?

Do you find extra liquid in follistim cartridge?

Hi girls!

Dew and Sarah- another girl on a thread im on is doing IVF and her doc put her on Vit D a few cycles ago to prep for it...guess there is some hype over it, maybe you guys should just begin taking it?

Dew- I am actually liking the cold weather enough, but kinda in trouble with clothing because I didn't buy any maternity clothes for fall time.....and now dont really want to spend lots of money on them, but NOTHING will fit over my bump to keep me warm. So its kind of a pain. Especially to soccer games which are freezing! I can't believe how cold it got already. We were going to go to the Apple Orchard today but its too chilly I think....Glad you got to go to the movie!

I again started my calcium-vitD (Citracal) tabs so making sure I am not vitamin d deficient :)

Oh! I don't like cold at all. Monday is supposed to be warm so I want to make the most of it by being outside...will trim all the plants in yard and prepare them for winter. We also went for another movie - Drive. Now, this movie is gory!!!

Hahaha. Our kitchen and laundry room are full of furniture. There is painting plastic taped down in the hall to keep the cats from getting ideas about peeing there again. We just put the 2 beds back in place and nothing else.

I can not wait for my shower next Sunday.

Went to dinner with dh and sil. While we were gone my cat climbed on the stacked mattresses and are through a bag of treats, got a toy ball off the pool table and got the pet brush off dhs laptop tray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->