ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

How many follicles is average? I never know if this is good news or not!

well you usually pop out one per month naturally, so with medication you want to pop out at least 2. I spent $668 on medications this month only to have 1 follicle, but perhaps the medication will help it be a good one. My nurse said that nothing actually makes the eggs better ( a lot of people on here say injectables help the eggs) but it may boost the overall success, who knows.

I would like to have 3-4 follicles per month as at my age the chances of them all being good eggs is very slim. So the more I have the more likely one of them is a good one. So far when on medications including this month I have popped out 9 eggs. but perhaps only 1 in 10 of my eggs is good so thats why my bfp is taking its time!!

Ok, so if you didn't do IUI, you'd have popped out the one that you are paying lots of money for? ...Thats frustrating!

Unless you are octomom's doctor!

she had 8 embryos put in after ivf, I think the doctor lost his license after. its crazy, especially when she had 6 kids already.

kate gosselin did IUI though, I think she had 6 follicles and all 6 took :dohh:

NY I love your new avatar photo, you look so cute!!

urghh Im so stressed about money. Ive mentioned before we have a spa, and september is a slow month. a couple of weeks ago I had to move over $2,000 of our money but then last week I managed to give it back to myself. now it looks like I will have to do that again to cover payroll this week, plus they have told me they are running out of some products so thats a $700 order. My other business where I do graphics people send me cheques and sometimes they say its in the mail and I dont get until a month later so its really difficult to budget. I think I can scrape together the money for IVF in november if everyone pays me on time, but Im worried about things being too tight or needing $ for the spa (usually november is busy, but its a bit random so I cant count on that). Grrrr

Things will be much better in January as I get paid a larger amount of money for a big project then, perhaps I should go back to the original plan of starting IVF then.

If I could just get pregnant this month things would be much easier, but I just dont think I'll be that lucky :cry:

I hope you are that lucky because money stinks and unfortunately, it sounds like Jan would be a better option for you if this isnt your cycle:( But really you should wait just long enough for you to know whether or not this is worth worrying about. If you stress too much, the magic that could be happening in your body may stop or falter! We need peace and serenity inside there right now so your one follicle can be doing it's job!

My pic is 36 weeks. I think I look like its a very big bump, but doctor measured it today and it is not measuring any larger than 2 weeks ago, which only measured 33....so im hoping its just how he is laying and that he is not behind. Doc was not concerned so then why should i be? Can't believe with that huge thing i'd measure behind though, must get smaller as I lay down flat! LOL

I hope you are that lucky because money stinks and unfortunately, it sounds like Jan would be a better option for you if this isnt your cycle:( But really you should wait just long enough for you to know whether or not this is worth worrying about. If you stress too much, the magic that could be happening in your body may stop or falter! We need peace and serenity inside there right now so your one follicle can be doing it's job!

very true. Its just that the thought of IVF is the only thing thats keeping me going, as Im almost at the point of giving up. I think turning 39 in 10 days isnt helping either :cry: but whats a couple of months in the grand scheme of things, no point doing IVF in november if Im stressed about the $ the whole month! And doing injectables with IUI a few more times might increase the chances of not needing IVF. Arrgghhh I keep flip flopping back and forth every week....but I am a Libran...always weighing up the options.

Oh God! Got a call from nurse half hour back that my LH is slightly elevated and she wants me to take GA injection ASAP, I hadn't picked that one up yet from pharmacy so rushed there (5 mins drive) and just took it. In the night I have to take Ovidrel and then IUI still on Friday at 10:15am. So, LH pattern is similar to my natural cycle where I see a beginning of surge on CD10 and then peak/smiley on CD11. E2 on CD8 was 306, CD10 is 700, LH today is 10. We BDed last night.

Oh God! Got a call from nurse half hour back that my LH is slightly elevated and she wants me to take GA injection ASAP, I hadn't picked that one up yet from pharmacy so rushed there (5 mins drive) and just took it. In the night I have to take Ovidrel and then IUI still on Friday at 10:15am. So, LH pattern is similar to my natural cycle where I see a beginning of surge on CD10 and then peak/smiley on CD11. E2 on CD8 was 306, CD10 is 700, LH today is 10. We BDed last night.

omg! interesting how you need to take the GA and then hours later the Ovidrel. I wonder how the Ovidrel works....is it a timed release and thats why they know we will probably ovulate 36 hours later.
well glad you Bd'd last night. I wonder what your sperm count will be, it was good on the SA wasnt it?
my E2 was 800 but dont remember the exact day but I think the day I took the trigger.

NY also another reason I didnt want to wait till january is because of the bad winters here....we have to leave 2 hours for driving as it is, so forget it in the winter! but I suppose I could get a hotel the weeks I need to be there (might as well just add it to the cost!!). Hubby will only need to come down the 1 day for sperm sample.

omg! interesting how you need to take the GA and then hours later the Ovidrel. I wonder how the Ovidrel works....is it a timed release and thats why they know we will probably ovulate 36 hours later.
well glad you Bd'd last night. I wonder what your sperm count will be, it was good on the SA wasnt it?
my E2 was 800 but dont remember the exact day but I think the day I took the trigger.

DH's sperm count in last SA was 150 million motile sperms (calculated as per his total volume, total sperm count and motility percentage) and by Friday 7:00am his sperms will have more than 48 hours to renew so should be good.

I am also confused how GA and ovidrel are gonna work together.

Sarah: sorry you are having such hard time putting together finances for IVF :( I can only pray that you get your BFP with an IUI cycle. May be up the dose next time and expect more mature follicles. It would be better to not stress about these things during 2WW. I wish I could bake you a cake for your birthday :)

thats great dew, FX he has a great pw count

are you excited about your IUI, or nervous? blah? I feel very blah at the mo. Its too bad we cant get excited about the thought of pregnancy. A BFP just seems so far fetched to me.

Sarah: sorry you are having such hard time putting together finances for IVF :( I can only pray that you get your BFP with an IUI cycle. May be up the dose next time and expect more mature follicles. It would be better to not stress about these things during 2WW. I wish I could bake you a cake for your birthday :)

haha thank you! bake one with me in mind and eat it yourself!!
its horrible that my beta is on my bday, Im going to do it the night before and not get the result till the day after my bday (but I told my husband he could check the messages and the miracle its positive he can tell me on my bday)

are they having you do betas 14 days after? I need to know the results by day 15 though to know if I have to fill another prescription of the prometrium or not.

i think your LP is shorter though, many people have a period arrive before the beta date. but the clinics still want you to take a beta as you can bleed and be pregnant.

thats great dew, FX he has a great pw count

are you excited about your IUI, or nervous? blah? I feel very blah at the mo. Its too bad we cant get excited about the thought of pregnancy. A BFP just seems so far fetched to me.

I was fine until this morning but now I feel blah too. I was telling DH that IUI success rate could be low because 1) not taking injections properly and 2) not timing ovulation and insemination properly.

haha thank you! bake one with me in mind and eat it yourself!!
its horrible that my beta is on my bday, Im going to do it the night before and not get the result till the day after my bday (but I told my husband he could check the messages and the miracle its positive he can tell me on my bday)

are they having you do betas 14 days after? I need to know the results by day 15 though to know if I have to fill another prescription of the prometrium or not.

i think your LP is shorter though, many people have a period arrive before the beta date. but the clinics still want you to take a beta as you can bleed and be pregnant.

I am already getting too fat so can't eat on your behalf :)

I do not yet know about betas in my clinic. My LP is long actually...14-15 days, my Follicular phase is small 11-12 days so I get my periods on 26th or 27th day.
I would say don't do HPT day before b'day, let DH do his part.

NY: you look really pretty in avatar pic...too cute :)

Sarah: next time you go, you can ask clinic to provide you photocopies of your scan and B/W results, just to keep in file for your record. They printed one out for me this morning. And I still always insist on knowing the values when they say B/W came back normal and there is no change in plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->