ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I had my next midwife appointment today (lol, only 5 days after my last one cos we couldn't do one week! lol) and all is still well, though there was possibly some protein in my urine so I've sent a culture away to double check that. Bub is still head down, but it's also still floating around up high too (I already figured that though, cos it was right up under my ribs earlier today!) It's when it settles it's head right down into my pelvis that we're closer to popping, but at the same time many bubs don't 'engage' into the pelvis until labour and many will engage for weeks before birth too! When it does engage it lightens the pressure up in the ribs (and the shortness of breath that comes with little lung space!) but instead it puts pressure down low so it REALLY gets that whole 'pregnancy waddle' going on! lol. So I'm not sure if I want it to engage yet or not, cos while I'd love to be able to breath properly again I'm not sure I want to have to waddle even more than I already do! lol!! But anyway, all is fine and normal and we have another appointment for in 10 days. Have managed to wrangle a sunday appointment so hubby can come too and we'll get a tour of the maternity ward while we're there, so hubby can know where to take me when I'm in labour!!! lol.

22 days until EDD now... I hope I go early rather than late though!!!!

Glad to hear everything's still good flying. Hopefully the urine culture comes back clear.

Not sure what time it is for you at the moment, but I know that later today for me will be tomorrow for you and I might forget then, so in anticipation...
Happy 37 weeks and FULL TERM!!!!!

My class last night had 8 couples. Only 2 girls coming of the whole bunch. :(

I have my 32 week checkup today. One more at 34 and then I will be going every week at 36.

Sarah- if DH checks on your bday, and if you know he doesn't give you any news, wont you know it was negative then? Maybe he shouldn't check at all! It will still drive you crazy.

Dew- the peach balls for prometrium are totally round and not like m&ms really. I cant recall, but I believe they were 100mg...because I remember they had me up them when bleeding started more and I was taking 2 a day.....so think I was taking 200 mg. I believe they were a life saver LITERALLY. They saved my Bean and I would definitely take them again in the future if I began early spotting. I hope it works for you and maybe its all you need to make the BFP a sticky one! Will you continue with them if you get BFP?

Flying- happy 37 weeks!

My doc yesterday said my baby is on his way down....so his head is lower in my pelvis. Im still super short breathed thoguh I think he is just kinda all over since I have a super short torso area. Hope he stays for a couple more weeks for my c section date!

Sarah- if DH checks on your bday, and if you know he doesn't give you any news, wont you know it was negative then? Maybe he shouldn't check at all! It will still drive you crazy.

Dew- the peach balls for prometrium are totally round and not like m&ms really. I cant recall, but I believe they were 100mg...because I remember they had me up them when bleeding started more and I was taking 2 a day.....so think I was taking 200 mg. I believe they were a life saver LITERALLY. They saved my Bean and I would definitely take them again in the future if I began early spotting. I hope it works for you and maybe its all you need to make the BFP a sticky one! Will you continue with them if you get BFP?

About Sarah: Even I thought the same, it is actually difficult either ways, sorry for the bad timing Sarah. I wish there was a thinking switch that she could turn off for one day to celebrate her birthday.

NY: I might be taking 2 200mg pills everyday, I will know for sure once they discuss it with me after IUI.

update from preethi :cloud9:

"Gemma is doing very fine .. She's weighing 1.91kg now, and though that's small, its exceeded their discharge criteria, she is sucking off the bottle and will be rooming in with me today! We will mostly be home by sunday morning!"

isnt that wonderful :cloud9:

NY yes if he doesnt say anything I will know, although a part of me will wonder if he remembered plus its more of a gentle let down than hearing a NO from the nurse! I have it in my mind that my period is coming, as I dont want a bfn to ruin my bday. Its no different than every other month so I'll just expect it.

I was told if I get pregnant I will be continuing the prometrium.

one more day till your IUI dew! FX for a great count and a painless procedure for you.

Im having lots of ovary cramps :growlmad: Im thinking its the prometrium? the leaflet has a long list of side effects so I think it really messes with things. I just hope I dont get another cyst.

Flying and NY: you both are so close to your EDDs, I am so happy that everything is going well for all of you :hugs:

About Sarah: Even I thought the same, it is actually difficult either ways, sorry for the bad timing Sarah. I wish there was a thinking switch that she could turn off for one day to celebrate her birthday.

if we go do something like niagara or buffalo shopping I will definitely forget things and enjoy my bday! well as much as I can enjoy turning 39!! I just think that the small chance of a bfp wouldnt it be an amazing bday present, thats why I want hubby to check. Im so used to bfn's and after last months breakdown Im much happier not temping or checking my LP. Im also ready for my LP to be a bit longer from the meds or prometrium.

Sheryl - that's crazy that there are so many expecting boys in your class!
Good luck at your checkup today!

NY - I *think* I was told at our antenatal class that baby can "drop" up to 4 weeks before labour starts. So hopefully he waits until your section date before going any further!

Good news about babyhopes and gemma.

Lovely update from Preethi :flower: It must feel great to finally have Gemma sleep in the same room with her :happydance: Very soon she'll be at home with her loving parents! :kiss:

if we go do something like niagara or buffalo shopping I will definitely forget things and enjoy my bday! well as much as I can enjoy turning 39!! I just think that the small chance of a bfp wouldnt it be an amazing bday present, thats why I want hubby to check. Im so used to bfn's and after last months breakdown Im much happier not temping or checking my LP. Im also ready for my LP to be a bit longer from the meds or prometrium.

We can't send a birthday gift to you but we can surely pray from here that you get what you wish for on your birthday :flower:

Out of all injections and medications, progesterone/prometrium is the one to show more side-effects. I just hope it doesn't prolong LP for either of us.

AFM I called the nurse this morning to ask if they can do some tests to see if I ovulated already so IUI can be performed today (I had some cramping on both sides 1-2 hours after taking ovidrel shot last night). She said I should be fine doing IUI tomorrow. I am glad I don't have to take any more injections for this cycle, my tummy now has about 9 tiny red dots (some bigger than others) and 2 bruises.

Huggles- yep they can drop quite early...and i've heard feels really big and heavy between the legs! Lol. So far im not too uncomfortable, so mine must just be hanging out in the middle.

Sarah- now I suppose I do agree with you to have DH check on your bday. Either way, you will find fun and enjoy the day I think. DH will get your mind off things! Plus, as you say, its not like you are totally expecting BFP anyways, and not to be negative, but if you dont expect it, then its not going to be that hard. Just think of how pretty the fall colors are going to be october 1st if you go to niagra or Buffalo! That would be soooooo pretty! I love fall. Goin apple picking this weekend to Buffalo....Buffalo, MN that is! Hahaha.

Dew- you best be channeling your calm today for tomorrow's IUI! Our bodies need no stress for this stuff to happen. I can't read far enough back without erasing my post, when is your beta going to be? Must be around the time my c section will be! I hope its before then so I dont miss it.

We can't send a birthday gift to you but we can surely pray from here that you get what you wish for on your birthday :flower:

Out of all injections and medications, progesterone/prometrium is the one to show more side-effects. I just hope it doesn't prolong LP for either of us.

AFM I called the nurse this morning to ask if they can do some tests to see if I ovulated already so IUI can be performed today (I had some cramping on both sides 1-2 hours after taking ovidrel shot last night). She said I should be fine doing IUI tomorrow. I am glad I don't have to take any more injections for this cycle, my tummy now has about 9 tiny red dots (some bigger than others) and 2 bruises.

:hugs: I only got one bruise and a few red dots. but I was thinking just the other day thank god I have a few weeks off from injections.

and yes the clinics say even if you ovulated today the egg will still be around for tomorrows IUI. I doubt you would have ovulated soon after the ovidrel. However with my clinic if you are showing a surge they do the IUI the next day....but yours wasnt a full surge just slightly elevated and you took that drug to supress, so hopefully the timing was right. Plus you have some sperm from BDing up there if you are early! after last month I told myself not to stress about the timimg, theres nothing we can do about it.

how many iui's will you try before thinking about IVF....I know you mentioned IVF might not be an option but surely even if they only get a few eggs theres a chance that can work for you?? Im on my 3rd IUI so losing faith in them, but its only my first on injectables. I see my FS on wednesday to discuss the possibilty of switching to IVF in nov, and if I will have to miss next months cycle if I want to do that. I would like to try one more cycle with the increased dosage, although some of me thinks dont bother and save the $1500 for IVF :dohh:

let me know if you get ovary pains when you start the prometrium, its quite uncomfortable, but not bad enough that I need to worry and go see them.

Sarah- now I suppose I do agree with you to have DH check on your bday. Either way, you will find fun and enjoy the day I think. DH will get your mind off things! Plus, as you say, its not like you are totally expecting BFP anyways, and not to be negative, but if you dont expect it, then its not going to be that hard. Just think of how pretty the fall colors are going to be october 1st if you go to niagra or Buffalo! That would be soooooo pretty! I love fall. Goin apple picking this weekend to Buffalo....Buffalo, MN that is! Hahaha.

yes Ive found that thinking its not going to happen helps my dissappointment at the end of the cycle. hubby thinks thats a really negative way to think, but I told him I dont want to get my hopes up and then feel crushed. last month was the only time I got hopeful as my LP was longer and my temp was still high....my LP has always been the same for 12 months. I didnt like that experience so now Im back to thinking its not going to happen. I wish I could feel excited about the possibilties and having a baby, but it all seems to far from my reach. :cry:

omg NY it doesnt seem that long ago you were TTCing, I always remember you getting the faint lines :cloud9: cant wait to see your baby boy

Goin apple picking this weekend to Buffalo....Buffalo, MN that is! Hahaha.

Dew- you best be channeling your calm today for tomorrow's IUI! Our bodies need no stress for this stuff to happen. I can't read far enough back without erasing my post, when is your beta going to be? Must be around the time my c section will be! I hope its before then so I dont miss it.

NY: weather will be awesome this weekend and next week...as they said in news, summer is coming in fall :) and they also mentioned that fall colors are expected to be very good this year in MN. Do you watch news @ 45 channel? Megan Newquist, the news anchor is also pregnant. DH likes her :)

I guess I will know around October 7 or 8. Sorry I am bad at remembering everyone's EDD, when is your C-section?

:hugs: I only got one bruise and a few red dots. but I was thinking just the other day thank god I have a few weeks off from injections.

and yes the clinics say even if you ovulated today the egg will still be around for tomorrows IUI. I doubt you would have ovulated soon after the ovidrel. However with my clinic if you are showing a surge they do the IUI the next day....but yours wasnt a full surge just slightly elevated and you took that drug to supress, so hopefully the timing was right. Plus you have some sperm from BDing up there if you are early! after last month I told myself not to stress about the timimg, theres nothing we can do about it.

Yes, you are right. There is nothing we can do now, so have faith in clinic and hope for the best :)

how many iui's will you try before thinking about IVF....I know you mentioned IVF might not be an option but surely even if they only get a few eggs theres a chance that can work for you?? Im on my 3rd IUI so losing faith in them, but its only my first on injectables. I see my FS on wednesday to discuss the possibilty of switching to IVF in nov, and if I will have to miss next months cycle if I want to do that. I would like to try one more cycle with the increased dosage, although some of me thinks dont bother and save the $1500 for IVF :dohh:

I think you should try at least one more cycle with increased dose. We are definitely doing one more IUI, DH wants to switch to IVF after 2nd IUI but I would like to try third too. But it is all up to FS if she thinks I am a good candidate for IVF or not.

Oh forgot to mention, DH also took an appointment in MAYO clinic with an RE on Oct 7. Have you heard of Mayo, it is world renowned for quality healthcare and about 11/2 -2 hours drive from home. DH wants the best possible treatment for us.

let me know if you get ovary pains when you start the prometrium, its quite uncomfortable, but not bad enough that I need to worry and go see them.

I sure will. I have read at many threads to not symptom spot during 2WW of IUI as progesterone can really mess up things.

How was Keira Knightly's movie?

Sarah- Honestly, it seems like yesterday I was peeing on ovulation sticks, taking a bunch of pills, TTC, so time really flies. Wish pregnancy was a tad longer to enjoy it more! I am sorry you are having a hard time with IUI. I wanted this to be it for you, I hate that you have to wait so long. Its still possible this cycle, but then you do need to decide what you are going to do....what is the increase chance of success with the injectibles as opposed to without...is it a big increase, or not so big? Thats something you can think of to factor into your decision....

Dew- I didn't know it was going to be so nice this weekend, thats good! Although, im liking the crispy fall air! I dont watch ANY news really. Lol. Maybe in the winter a little bit more, but we have Ella in so many activities that come 5-6:00 pm, we are out the door to something most days. And then 9:00pm we are putting her to bed and I have no need to watch anything by then! I may be a little out of touch with life, but we enjoy it!

I think you should try at least one more cycle with increased dose. We are definitely doing one more IUI, DH wants to switch to IVF after 2nd IUI but I would like to try third too. But it is all up to FS if she thinks I am a good candidate for IVF or not.

Oh forgot to mention, DH also took an appointment in MAYO clinic with an RE on Oct 7. Have you heard of Mayo, it is world renowned for quality healthcare and about 11/2 -2 hours drive from home. DH wants the best possible treatment for us.

I sure will. I have read at many threads to not symptom spot during 2WW of IUI as progesterone can really mess up things.

How was Keira Knightly's movie?

ooooh perhaps if you only do one more IUI we will both do IVF in november! I have heard of the Mayo clinic, thats great that you have an apt and I agree, get the best help you can. would that mean you would have to stay in that area if you do IVF with them? I was panicing a bit as hubby had said he didnt want to be driving down to the clinic in jan-mar, but I dont want to miss out on those months so I think staying in hotels may work (although adds to the cost). the trouble is when we have a massive snow storm here all the highways are so slow and it takes us up to 2 hours as it is in normal traffic. thats why Ive been hoping for November. [-o<[-o<[-o< come on clients, pay me on time!!

the movie was ok, it was slow moving and intense. about a couple who are both tempted to cheat on the same night (he is away at a conference, she is at home). it was definitely watchable but I wouldnt say its amazing.

Sarah- Honestly, it seems like yesterday I was peeing on ovulation sticks, taking a bunch of pills, TTC, so time really flies. Wish pregnancy was a tad longer to enjoy it more! I am sorry you are having a hard time with IUI. I wanted this to be it for you, I hate that you have to wait so long. Its still possible this cycle, but then you do need to decide what you are going to do....what is the increase chance of success with the injectibles as opposed to without...is it a big increase, or not so big? Thats something you can think of to factor into your decision....

Im not sure how much injectables increases the chances, it seems to be better from what Ive read (so many people failing on clomid and then getting a bfp on injectables) but I guess it all depends. I only got one follicle, so I wouldnt say this cycle was a success but next month should be better.

its so annoying being 'unexplained', but then I have to realize it often takes a year to get pregnant at any age, so being older it might just take longer. but the reason Im wanting to just go for IVF is for example what if my eggs are too hard to penetrate ....that kind of thing you would only find out from IVF. I dont want to waste too many months doing things that may not work anyway. if I had the money I would actually start next month!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->