ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

the colours are lovely! We're definitely going to need a photo once the bag is made!

NDH- if you are good at it, you should start making them and sell on Etsy and that will be your job, from home even! :)

NDH: My favorite color is orange and when it comes to baby, I think of all bright colors (not stuck on blue/pink themes). I also like paisley design so my pick would have been 317, 309 and 529. I would rather have paisley on the outside and plain on the inside. Also I would use only 2 patterns, either 2 contrasting paisleys or a paisley and coordinating stripes. Your patterns are similar to Vera Bradley collection. I have one VB bag and want to buy their diaper/mommy's bag when I become mommy :)
Here is www.verabradley.com for ideas

dew good luck today! you are probably there right now, so sending :dust:down south to you :flower: look forward to hearing all about it.

hi everyone else! no time to chat but hope you are all well :kiss:

a new photo of the gorgeous gemma! :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG00182-20110920-1311.jpg
    IMG00182-20110920-1311.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
Just back from IUI, everything went well except I am really thinking I might have ovulated yesterday and sadly there is no way to know the truth now. It's really bothering me, yesterday I had big time ovulation pain on both sides in the afternoon and some again in the night. Today morning I woke up to heavy/Tightening feeling in the belly as if it is heavily bloated or something. They say egg can live up to 24 hours after release so hoping it is still available.
DH's sperm count was awesome 72 million post wash. Nurse said they want >8 million and today my husband was over achiever :)
I take one prometrium 200mg tomorrow night, next day onwards one in morning and one in night. I am scheduled for beta on Oct 7.
Nurse was very gentle during insemination. She had minor difficulty in finding my cervix but when I told her my uterus is tilted she immediately found it. I didn't even feel anything when she was injecting sperm into uterus. I waited for 5-10 mins afterwards although she said it is not required. Villi in uterus quickly suck up sperms and the only way they travel is upwards because of the way body works. I did have some fluid come out when I stood up which they say is cervical fluid and not sperm solution. I might spot or bleed today and tomorrow as my cervix looked fragile which is also normal.
Now, how do I keep my mind occupied in 2ww? I have to bake 2 cakes in first week of October so hopefully that will distract me enough.
Sarah, I will let you know how I am responding to prometrium. What is your dose? I'll be taking 400mg everyday.

Just back from IUI, everything went well except I am really thinking I might have ovulated yesterday and sadly there is no way to know the truth now. It's really bothering me, yesterday I had big time ovulation pain on both sides in the afternoon and some again in the night. Today morning I woke up to heavy/Tightening feeling in the belly as if it is heavily bloated or something. They say egg can live up to 24 hours after release so hoping it is still available.
DH's sperm count was awesome 72 million post wash. Nurse said they want >8 million and today my husband was over achiever :)
I take one prometrium 200mg tomorrow night, next day onwards one in morning and one in night. I am scheduled for beta on Oct 7.
Nurse was very gentle during insemination. She had minor difficulty in finding my cervix but when I told her my uterus is tilted she immediately found it. I didn't even feel anything when she was injecting sperm into uterus. I waited for 5-10 mins afterwards although she said it is not required. Villi in uterus quickly suck up sperms and the only way they travel is upwards because of the way body works. I did have some fluid come out when I stood up which they say is cervical fluid and not sperm solution. I might spot or bleed today and tomorrow as my cervix looked fragile which is also normal.
Now, how do I keep my mind occupied in 2ww? I have to bake 2 cakes in first week of October so hopefully that will distract me enough.
Sarah, I will let you know how I am responding to prometrium. What is your dose? I'll be taking 400mg everyday.

wow amazing count!!!! hope your dh felt proud :haha: did they say what the motility/morphology was?

Im glad you werent able to feel anything....I couldnt my first 2 times but the last one was uncomfortable :growlmad: it was on a weekend and the nurse who did the first 2 wasnt there, as I usually request her. the nurse said something about she has a technique to get the sperm where she wants it, so I dont know if she goes higher or something and thats why I felt an uncomfortable feeling? yes I was told I didnt need to lie down after too.

Im taking 200mg everyday...2 x 100mg vaginal suppositories. I wonder if theres benefits to taking double...and if your side effects will be greater too?

welcome to the 2WW....Im a week ahead of you and dont know how I will occupy myself next week. Im trying to just forget all about it but its hard. I looked back at last month, so I had a 15 day LP, when usually its 13 or 14 at the most. I hope its not long this month. I will do the betas and get the result on 15dpo as I will need to know if I need to get my 2nd prometrium prescription filled or not. I guess I could just get it filled this week anyway, as I'll either need it next month or I'll be pregnant and needing to continue it.

dew hoping your first IUI will be successful[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

wow amazing count!!!! hope your dh felt proud :haha: did they say what the motility/morphology was?

Im glad you werent able to feel anything....I couldnt my first 2 times but the last one was uncomfortable :growlmad: it was on a weekend and the nurse who did the first 2 wasnt there, as I usually request her. the nurse said something about she has a technique to get the sperm where she wants it, so I dont know if she goes higher or something and thats why I felt an uncomfortable feeling? yes I was told I didnt need to lie down after too.

Im taking 200mg everyday...2 x 100mg vaginal suppositories. I wonder if theres benefits to taking double...and if your side effects will be greater too?

welcome to the 2WW....Im a week ahead of you and dont know how I will occupy myself next week. Im trying to just forget all about it but its hard. I looked back at last month, so I had a 15 day LP, when usually its 13 or 14 at the most. I hope its not long this month. I will do the betas and get the result on 15dpo as I will need to know if I need to get my 2nd prometrium prescription filled or not. I guess I could just get it filled this week anyway, as I'll either need it next month or I'll be pregnant and needing to continue it.

Thanks Sarah!

I don't know if higher dose of progesterone is any better, I guess every clinic has its own set protocol to follow. I am thinking I will have more symptoms than you because of higher dose and taking it orally. I am expecting to be more sleepy. Anyways 1 week before periods I start to take afternoon naps which I think is because of increased progesterone in my body.

Nurse just told me that DH's motile sperm count after wash was 72m.

I hope AF is not late for either of us (if at all it is visiting). On Oct 7 @ 7am we have beta appointment and right after that we head to Mayo for our appointment @ 9am.

2nd week of 2ww is more difficult and you are right there now. Do you have anything planned for this week?

Keeping FXed for your BFP! :hugs:

Thanks Sarah!

I don't know if higher dose of progesterone is any better, I guess every clinic has its own set protocol to follow. I am thinking I will have more symptoms than you because of higher dose and taking it orally. I am expecting to be more sleepy. Anyways 1 week before periods I start to take afternoon naps which I think is because of increased progesterone in my body.

Nurse just told me that DH's motile sperm count after wash was 72m.

I hope AF is not late for either of us (if at all it is visiting). On Oct 7 @ 7am we have beta appointment and right after that we head to Mayo for our appointment @ 9am.

2nd week of 2ww is more difficult and you are right there now. Do you have anything planned for this week?

Keeping FXed for your BFP! :hugs:

nothing much, just work and Im meeting with my FS on wednesday so thats good. I dont feel very hopeful about this cycle, I much prefer it when I have multiple follicles. Im feeling hopeful for you as hoping IUI was just the boost you needed for whatever reason. I think theres lots of hope the first time. I guess I should be thinking that with time surely my BFP is more likely, but I think the opposite! for some reason I keep thinking IVF might be what I need.

Sarah: I am also not very hopeful only because I think our timing might have been messed up but I think one good follicle is all we need and I have seen many women getting pregnant with 1 follicle. So, don't lose hope. Today DH was saying he only wants to try one more IUI and then move to IVF. We have money for 2 IVFs only. I would want to try total f 3 IUIs.

Sarah: I am also not very hopeful only because I think our timing might have been messed up but I think one good follicle is all we need and I have seen many women getting pregnant with 1 follicle. So, don't lose hope. Today DH was saying he only wants to try one more IUI and then move to IVF. We have money for 2 IVFs only. I would want to try total f 3 IUIs.

honestly I agree with your hubby...move on to the IVF after a couple of IUIs. Just incase your fertility timing is limited and Im sure you want to try for another after this one. I would be going for IVF next cycle if I could afford it, but I cant.

and I know what you mean abou the timing, but my clinic is so adamant that the timing is good. I do think the egg sticks around for 24 hours so even if you ovulated yesterday you would still be ok.

Gemma is so cute :cloud9:

Glad the IUI was painless Dew. And wow, amazing sperm count! As for possibly missing ov - I remember you saying you bd'd a night or two ago, so even if you ov'd last night already hopefully there were already some spermies up there for the egg. But fx'd everything went to plan and you'll be getting some very happy news in 2 weeks :dust:

dew , FX'D for your IUI !!! xxx so exciting, i do hope it works out for you xx and oh wow, what amazing sperm count !!! its just brill. x

sarah, hope your 2ww brings you some good news by your birthday weekend. x

we are going home tomorrow afternoon. im very nervous about taking her home, but we shall see ! update soon when possible x

NY - yes, chocolate outside and Paisley inside :). And you're the second person to suggest I make and sell them lol - I'll see how the first one goes but it would be fun :). I'd have to use a different pattern for the bag though as this was A free pattern so usually only for personal use.

Huggles, I'll definitely post pics.

Dew, I love orange too. Its so bright and cheerful! I wasn't as happy with any of the oranges when looking for coordinating colours though, and comparing them to other oranges I like they're so dull. I initially thought of sling something bright and funky for the outside, but decided I'd be more likely to get tired of it, and I have a lot of colourful regular bags. I don't want my diaper bag to look like a diaper bag initially and want something that will go with more of what I own. The bag itself will only be from the two fabrics (though will line the outside pockets with the coordinating colours). The other colours are just for making the change may, wipes case, baby carrier, wetbag etc as I can't use the inside fabric for any of those things except maybe the change may. So that way they'll still all be part of a set.

And awesome post wash count! It's astounding to me that both you and Sarah have hubby's with super sperm! Good luck finding ways to occupy yourselves in the TWW.

Preethi Gemma looks so big already! So gorgeous! And fantastic news that she gets to go home tomorrow! Born at 32 weeks and she only needs 3 weeks in NICU - that's fantastic :flower:

For Dew and Sarah:
My SIL has an ultrasound scheduled for Friday (CD10). Is this something you guys know about enough to say what they are looking at in particular that day? It was supposed to be CD11 but that's Saturday and they are closed. SIL mentioned that BIL was supposed to drop off his sample today but apparently it had to be done before noon so now he has to wait till Monday. I guess I know who's not getting any this weekend since I'm pretty sure they have to abstain. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->