ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

So glad you and Gemma are home now Preethi - I can't believe how well she's done especially as she was a little small for her gestation. How big is she now? She's so gorgeous :cloud9:

big ? shes about 1,965kg now, still small, but gestation wise she is 35+ 6, tomorrow she is 36 weeks xx shes done well because of all those steroid shots i had ! x

Congrats on getting home Preethi and thanks for sharing pics. Gemma is lovely :cloud9:

Hope you're all okay! :flower:

That's a good weight for her age/gestation. And babies grow faster in utero than they do outside, so she's doing really well. I've known many full term babies to not be much over 2kgs!

Preethi: Gemma is so beautiful and cute :) Congratulations on bringing her home! You'll surely have lots of sleepless nights in the beginning...good luck with everything :flower:

Mummy: glad that MIL left and now you can relax :) how are you doing? Hope yours and baby's health is good :thumbup:

Sarah: Last night I took my first prometrium 200mg pill orally at 9pm. At around 10:30pm I started to feel very dizzy (head was spinning, lost focus and body had almost no strength), lied down on bed feeling a bit nauseous, DH got me some electrolyte solution, drank it and fell asleep almost immediately.
In the side-effects it is listed may cause dizziness, drowsiness, nausea etc. And worst case scenario, stroke due to blood clot formation and that is why baby aspirin is necessary.
Hope you are doing well.

Thanks Dew, all is ok... We had a mid week trip to hospital with some bump pain and turns out I have a UTI so have been put on antibiotics! Also had lowish iron so on tablets for that too!

Otherwise all good and relieved to have our house back to normal :)

I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun! I had to take baby aspirin in FTC and fell first cycle using it! Xx

So sorry about the UTI Mummy - that sounds very unpleasant :(

Dew, sounds like the progesterone has affected you quite hard :(. I hope it's all for a good reason in the end though.

Been having a weird night...kinda had a really intense sharp pop pain in my cervix area and then had a lot of discharge,,,,but not like watery fluid. So I just hung out a bit, and kinda leaked some chunks...I think part of my plug? But now, very irregular but PAINFUL pains in my cervix. My BH have always been painless but now they're hurting in my cervix quite a bit but not regular or long so ....Nothing to rush me into a hospital, but maybe my cervix doing something to get ready.... IDK!! Guess time will tell if its just a fluke and when I go to bed maybe it'll stop. Hope to still be pregnant in the AM! Lol.

Ooh sounds like maybe something is gearing up to happen.

When is your section scheduled? Though it sounds like he may decide to arrive earlier lol.

PS, I've lately always been on my phone reading this thread, now that I'm on my computer I can see your avatar better. Your bump is so lovely :)

ooo, ny! Sounds like your mucus plug has come away! Though it doesn't mean anything in itself, cos I know of a number of women who lost their plug *weeks* before they ever had their baby! But it does mean that you need to be careful if you have a bath or something, not to use oils or bath salts or anything IN the bath water, as you don't have the plug keeping stuff out now... It's a minor risk of infection, but not one you want to take anyway! I personally prefer burning oils in an oil burner when I'm having a bath anyway (rather than having scented stuff in the water) lol.

The pains could certainly be your cervix ripening up too! Contractions can certainly happen and last irregularly for weeks ahead of birth too. There's a lady who's a week ahead of me and she's been having random pains at times and lost her plug as being 2cm dilated for the past 10 days! lol. Fingers crossed you make it to your CS date though! It's not october yet! LOL!

When is your section date NY? (and why are you having a section again? I've forgotten :dohh: )

If the pains are not regular then it could be practice labour which is different to bh - more like real contractions but not quite labour yet. And as flying said - could last a few weeks. But exciting that things are starting to happen! you'll be full term in 2 days so all's good!

Mummy, i had UTI when my waters broke, i was taking my first course on antibiotics, they say hat uti can cause contractions, i didnt know i had uti and i had that "bump" pain on the day and 2 days before having my surprise section, so i hope that medications help you and that this UTI and bump pain go away real soon !! xxxxxxxxx im sure that youve been diagnosed early.. hopefully you havent been having the bump pain for too long now ?

Ny, sounds exciting !!! when is your section scheduled for ?

Thanks Preethi... I'm sure that mine has been caught early as all i had was some bump pain...no other issues!

Ooooh Nikki... keeping fingers crossed that all is okay! How are you feeling today?? x

Mummy: hope antibiotics are doing their job well and you are recovering fast from infection. I have heard that iron levels get low in last trimester, hoping that supplements are helpful and you don't feel dizzy or weak. Take care :hugs:

NY: Sounds like you are getting close to having your baby, hope there is nothing to worry about, update us as soon as you get chance, thinking of you :hugs:

Sheryl: is your baby shower today? I vaguely remember you saying it's on Monday. Hope it's fun!

wow NY has had her baby boy!
Hes 6 lbs, 1.4 oz and 19 inches long
hope everything is ok with mum and baby, there wasnt much info

wow NY has had her baby boy!
Hes 6 lbs, 1.4 oz and 19 inches long
hope everything is ok with mum and baby, there wasnt much info

OMG! That's great! How do you know?

Congrats NY! :hugs: hope you and baby are doing well :kiss: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics