ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sheryl: I think you said S/BIL are getting diagnostic tests done. I am guessing they are not doing IUI yet. An U/S on CD10 can tell Basal Follicle count, also may be some info on uterine lining, fibroids if any, cysts if any. They are probably doing Semen Analysis on BIL so need his semen sample. Unfortunately they can't do major hormone tests on CD10 as most of the decisive hormone tests (E2, FSH, LH, Prolactin, TSH) are performed on CD3 (or in some cases CD2 or CD4). HSG (test to check if fallopian tubes are open and in good condition) is generally done between CD6-9 (before ovulation and after periods). AMH, another blood hormone test to check ovarian reserve can also be performed on any day of cycle. Hope this information is helpful. If you have any more Qs feel free to ask. :thumbup:

I guess it makes sense to do the U/S before day 3 testing since they may not decide to do day 3 testing after seeing results. And yes I know BIL is just doing SA. I hope it's just something minor for her that can easily be overcome.

I guess it makes sense to do the U/S before day 3 testing since they may not decide to do day 3 testing after seeing results. And yes I know BIL is just doing SA. I hope it's just something minor for her that can easily be overcome.

U/S alone is not enough. Day 3 B/W is very important. I hope so too!

Sheryl good luck to your SIL and BIL with their fertility testing. I hope everything points to a promising prognosis for them.

Dunno. They are prepared to adopt if they aren't prego in a few months.

Awwww, Preethi! Gemma is ADORABLE, and you must be so happy she's progressing so well! I'm so proud of you guys.... :)

Sheryl, I'm so glad your SIL & brother are seeking information, FX it's something easy to overcome for them! :)

And Dew & Sarah, I'm thinking of you two a lot, sending you so much babydust!!!! :hugs:

And yup, I'm now considered full term... I'm *starting* to get to the point of wanting it out now... lol! I do still love being pregnant, but I'm getting really ready to MEET this lil one too!!! It doesn't help that 4 of the ladies in our antenatal class have had their babies already, two of them came along to the final class on monday night! omg! SOOOO CUTE!!! Both were 4 days old and the mums looked wonderful and the babies were so cute (and both were hiccuping as much as they had in the womb, but now ya could HEAR them!!! *swoon*) and then I got to finally see my friends 9 week old lil girl this week too, and got some adorable cuddles..... Ugh, I'm SO clucky! I want *MY* baby now!!! I just can't wait to hold it, and know if it's Caleb or Caitlyn, and to feel it's skin and see it's eyes and smell it's hair.... I can spend hours sitting watching my stomach writhe around now, cos I have the images of those wee 4 day old bubs so I can visualise what my lil one is like so much more. And being tight for room in there now I can feel defined bits of it at times too, there was one time it *had* to be a foot sticking out, and it's often 'mooning' us by sticking it's butt out the front! LOL. I can imagine that hours are wasted once they're out just LOOKING at them seeing how much time I can waste simply watching my tummy! :cloud9:

But all in all I'm good. I'm tired, and my back is starting to play up at times, but I'm good. Not looking forward to the waiting between now and labour, but I'm sorta looking forward to going into labour, cos then finally I'll be on to the next stage and able to stop the seemingly endless waiting.

Dew- congrats, you've made it through your first IUI. Im so proud! Sounds pretty easy, and I agree that your BDing and the IUI have most likely covered it even if you did O yesterday. I hope it works for you so you dont have to have another cycle. Good luck with prometrium...I had quite a few side effects off of 200mg so you may have a slightly rough time with it! Also, though, I was pregnant......so maybe that was a lot of it....although in pregnancy the part that makes you sick and tired and sore is the progesterone....so might kinda get you!

Sarah, one more week, im anxious to hear beta results. Even though you dont have high hopes, theres always a slight hope and thats ok to have. If we didn't have any hope at all, it wouldn't be worth doing! So, we will just think realistically, that it wasn't a high chance with one follicle, but hope that it was good enough. If so, your body will be doing its thing about now and the next few days.....treat it nicely and relax a ton.

Flying- happy full term! Mines in a few days too. Exciting!

I am perfectly content to remain pregnant right now. Cried when I passed the hospital last night. Not quite sure why in having this reaction of almost not wanting my baby to come? It scares me though....I dont want to have Post natal depression or anything horrible like that so hope im not having some wacky in my brain going on here! I really want this baby, but its more that I LOVE having him in there and keeping him safe and providing for him and having our moments....so for that, im sad it has to end.

I know, same rant same blah blah, im just trying to work through my feelings and become elated over the impending birth like I feel I should be.....

flying - i love that you sound so excited. I also often spend hours staring at my tummy. When i'm driving to work and i stop at the robots/traffic lights, i stare down at my tummy, and then almost miss my chance to start driving again LoL. And when i'm lying on the couch at night watching movies/series, i miss half the programme cos i'm staring at my tummy so much LoL.

NY - i'm sure you'll start to look forward to lo's arrival soon and once he's here i'm very sure the excitement will kick in. I do also think, though, that it's entirely normal to almost 'mourn' for your pregnancy once it's over. It's such a special time and then it's over and people miss being pg.

:hi:

My MIL goes home today... taking her to the airport in an hour or so but wanted to pop on to say hi!

Hope you're all okay! Gemma is such a cutie! :cloud9: Preethi you must be so proud!! :thumbup:

Flying - happy 37 weeks! Loved reading your clucky post! :cloud9: you sound very ready to be a Mummy and I can confirm that we would often have to rewind the TV program once Lottie had arrived as both hubby and I got distracted by just looking at her :haha:

Dew - congrats on your first IUI.. hope it's just what you need hun! :hugs:
Sarah, I'm wishing this week to fly by for you and hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

I'll be back around a bit more from next week... I have another photoshoot tomorrow (but it'll be my last as only 5 weeks to go now!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NY -- ah hormones. After my doctor appointment DH and I went to lunch and I made him tell SIL about my appointment because I started crying almost as if he told me horrible terrible news. The only result was that she may be later than the 39 weeks I had been wanting to be induced at because I can't be induced now unless it's an emergency. Which I really didn't want to be induced anyway so I had no reason to be so upset. And since dr is predicting she will be 6-6.5 lb I also won't need a section most likely which I also didn't want.

We are home at last !!! coping ok, havent started the night feeds yet.. its going to be a long night ! will post pics soon..

Happy full term flying !! xx hope all of you are ok.

:hugs: @ mummycat, Ny, dew, sarah, NDH, huggles, sheryl ! will be trying to come online more often now that im at home, trying to settle down !

only 3 weeks to go for flying and NY.. so exciting ! cant wait x

will post more piccies soon after i downloads them on to comp x

Glad to hear you're home babyhopes. Hope you all settle in at home nice and quickly :hugs:

Hi,

Here are more pics of Gemma, the first one is of her on my chest, second of her coming home today, in her car seat and the third is of her getting her first bath and changed into the clothes we bought her home in, she got bathed at the hospital x:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG00189-20110922-2021.jpg
    IMG00189-20110922-2021.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG00192-20110924-1637.jpg
    IMG00192-20110924-1637.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG00193-20110924-1643.jpg
    IMG00193-20110924-1643.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
she is preterm, shes expected to be tiny.. lol when i look at full term babies now, it feels so awkward because for three whole weeks ive been surrounded by small babies and when i saw full term babies they look massive in comparison ! there were many full term babies who came into nicu with problems, it was upsetting to see really, you would expect them to be fine .. im glad we are out of there.. she did come out early, but she had no problem whatsoever and was on room air from day 1. no IV fluids , nothing. most nicu babies require iv drips because they cant tolerate their feeds. the staff told us today when we were leaving that she was the most well behaved and most normal baby because they did not have to intervene at all.. she was only really there to learn to suck because she was preterm and to gain a little weight.

i know what you mean about full term babies looking huge. After we had Jarrod all full term babies look to me like they're at least 3 months old already!

Preethi congrats on going home with Gemma! She looks so so so healthy and those cheeks are FULL! I actually think she looks quite "normal" for being a preemie and am glad she is so cute and healthy looking. Good luck with the first night alone! (i mean, without being at hospital).

Sheryl- hormones are really tough last tri. Its a whirlwind!

Mummy- yay for MIL going home again! Hope you had some fun and it wasn't too bad....

Huggles thanks for the thoughts on my feeling anxious to have this lil guy. Of course im excited and want him, just having a tough time like you said with mourning the end of my pregnancy!

He actually feels like he wants to jump out early lately. Today being the worst so far. Been having major cramps, achiness, and BH today and pressure in my down there area.....he's getting too big for me. Lol.

tell me about it Ny, last night was horrible,i didnt get any sleep, her feeding times were off, as she was crying every 3 hours and then 4, moving about, and i barely got any sleep, dh fed her at 9am this morning, i was in such deep sleep that i couldnt hear her howling away ! sorry about you feeling uncomfortable, hope you feel better soon.. not long to go now anyway !

she does look normal as her birth weight, although was lower than normal, wasnt on the really bad scale, so she didnt look all boney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->