ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Thanks for the updates Sarah!! Very excited for Nikki! :) Looking forward to hearing his name and see pics. I wonder if she used 'Jude' in the end! :D

Preethi... hope Gemma has gained weight nicely for you and if not I hope they have some useful suggestions on how to get her to drink more.

Sheryl... gorgeous bump pic hun!

Keeping everything crossed for Dew and Sarah! (almost out of the 2 weeks wait now Sarah!!) :hugs:

I hope lil Gemma can get drinking better for you Preethi! Is she still taking breastmilk or are you just using formula? I just hope she keeps putting on weight and doing well; your mamma doesn't need any more worries lil one!!

Just finished up with my friend taking photos; it was awesome! I'm normally the person *behind* a camera, not in front of it! lol. She set up the lights in our living room with a sheet pinned to the wall for a backdrop and because she's already a friend (and we were in our own living room) I was comfortable and happy and relaxed. I'm normally rather self concious because I'm so overweight and whatever, but nope, I stripped off my top half down to my bra and just had a sarong draped over my shoulders (just cos it looked cool. lol) and had a lot of fun! We did various angles and poses and stuff, and some with both me and DH as well as some just of my belly etc. I went through her camera after she was done, and WOW, they looked great, so I can't *wait* to see them when they've been edited up properly and on a proper screen!!! Very very cool, and will be an awesome momento to keep and look back on... :)

And I realised before that I'm now (nearly) entering into an entirely different sort of TWW... eep! Sarah I hope yours is going well... And Dew! :hugs:

flying hope you will show us some of the photos!! yikes it wont be long until we find out if you have a boy or girl :cloud9: Im guessing :blue:

preethi, hope the hospital can give you some tips :hugs: that must be hard

Im glad my 2ww is nearly over, and its much less stressful when Im not temping, testing or anything. Im in a little dilemma about next cycle...my clients are being really late with payments and I have a $5000 bill to pay plus my usual bills that come out on the 1st, so not sure if I will have $1000 spare for injectables next week :growlmad: I would be starting them tuesday-ish depending on my LP length. so it all depends on this week and what cheques I get.

I quite like the thought of a month off actually. And Im still hoping to find the $ for IVF in November but its up in the air....depends how our spa does this month (this month was slow and I had to move $2000 over) and how my clients pay over October. If it doesnt happen for November I might be able to do December and then I definitely. wont go home for Christmas as I wont know if Im pregnant or not.

sorry, just thinking out loud!!

An update on me:
I have been going to a Mom's group that I was invited to on Thursdays at lunch time. The instructor changed at the end of August and the new instruction decided to tell me that I wasn't getting anything out of the class and wasn't participating in discussions so maybe I should look at other options. How rude! After crying for 20 minutes and talking to my friend that invited me I responded to her email that I was getting a lot out of the class, participation expectations should be adjusted for my situation and that I was invited after my friend asked multiple people if it would be a problem for me to attend the class. I was only going to attend thru October anyway because I can't have Kristin in class with me (they have changed the rules since my friend had her baby in the class with her) and don't feel comfortable leaving her in the nursery where she's more likely to get sick. I hate when people make assumptions like that and do it in an E-mail so they don't have to hear themselves out loud.

wow sheryl, that is very rude of her. Good for you responding to her like you did :hugs:

Her E-mail basically ignored everything I was saying and said that maybe they would make an accommodation for Kristin when she's here. Screw her!

An update on me:
I have been going to a Mom's group that I was invited to on Thursdays at lunch time. The instructor changed at the end of August and the new instruction decided to tell me that I wasn't getting anything out of the class and wasn't participating in discussions so maybe I should look at other options. How rude! After crying for 20 minutes and talking to my friend that invited me I responded to her email that I was getting a lot out of the class, participation expectations should be adjusted for my situation and that I was invited after my friend asked multiple people if it would be a problem for me to attend the class. I was only going to attend thru October anyway because I can't have Kristin in class with me (they have changed the rules since my friend had her baby in the class with her) and don't feel comfortable leaving her in the nursery where she's more likely to get sick. I hate when people make assumptions like that and do it in an E-mail so they don't have to hear themselves out loud.

i dont get it, is she annoyed that you are not participating?? people participate in different ways, so that shouldnt be an issue and you dont have a baby yet so might not have anything to input but you would learn from listening. is she allowed to ask you not to come?

Flying... I'm dying to see some of your pics!!! :)

Sarah... Oh hun, how frustrating that you have to balance everything on a knife edge... I hope that things all fall into place in the best way possible... starting right now with not needing any more IUI treatment! :haha: (*fingers crossed*)

Sheryl... i'm so confused about why she would want you out of it? Also... I don't get how they work the group? Perhaps I've read too quickly.. but here in UK, any Mum's groups you go to, is for Mum's to get to know each other and share experiences and babies are there with us... they don't leave our sight! I've not come across a single one (even instructor based) where the child is expected to not be with you! :shrug:

As I said... I may have not understood it right... but she sounds rather rude and good job for responding! :thumbup:

Just been to MW... had my second and last Anti D injection! *ouchie* Baby is measuring 35 weeks, so bang on! Heartbeat strong, head down and still free. (ie not engaged... which is expected in second pregnancies until quite close to birth) problem was my BP... 135/89... systolic is down on last appointment by diastolic (second reading) is the issue. It's borderline a concern... anything in the 90's and they start to worry so I have to go back next week again. Looks like my visits are going to now be weekly as apposed to every 2 weeks. But better that I'm monitored! :thumbup:

mummy glad you will be monitored really well. wow not long now! :hugs:
so how were things with the MIL?

Thanks hun... nope not too much longer! :)

Oh crazy! She's just very opinionated, very homophobic and racist and doesn't respect other people's religions! It's tough to listen too when someone has such seriously different views on the world to you! It's a bloody good job Lottie see's them in small and monitored doses.

She had the audacity to say she missed the days of segregation while we were at lunch the other day. A little coloured girl had asked if Lottie wanted to come play with them... she was nothing but a kind and thoughtful little girl who did nothing wrong and as she walked away my MIL said that she missed the days of segregation and hubby and I kinda sat there staring at each other wide eyed in shock! :shock:

Of course for those that may not know what I'm eluding too... it's that she preferred the days of apartheid where the blacks and whites were kept seperate and the blacks were treated like second class citizens (by the government and some who thought it was how things should be) my folks were very anti apartheid and we were raised as such.

Anyway... I digress... but it was tough! I just had to nod and let it wash over me and not really listen to the trash that came out her mouth!

sheryl - wow, can't believe she is so rude :growlmad:

mummy - glad your app went well and everything looks good. Sorry to hear bp is borderline, but glad it's better than last time. Also good they're monitoring you more closely :thumbup:

as for your mil :gun:

Thanks Huggles! :) You would understand exactly how ridiculous a comment like that is... specially these days!

Thanks hun... nope not too much longer! :)

Oh crazy! She's just very opinionated, very homophobic and racist and doesn't respect other people's religions! It's tough to listen too when someone has such seriously different views on the world to you! It's a bloody good job Lottie see's them in small and monitored doses.

She had the audacity to say she missed the days of segregation while we were at lunch the other day. A little coloured girl had asked if Lottie wanted to come play with them... she was nothing but a kind and thoughtful little girl who did nothing wrong and as she walked away my MIL said that she missed the days of segregation and hubby and I kinda sat there staring at each other wide eyed in shock! :shock:

Of course for those that may not know what I'm eluding too... it's that she preferred the days of apartheid where the blacks and whites were kept seperate and the blacks were treated like second class citizens (by the government and some who thought it was how things should be) my folks were very anti apartheid and we were raised as such.

Anyway... I digress... but it was tough! I just had to nod and let it wash over me and not really listen to the trash that came out her mouth!

omg! I have no time for homophobic and racist people! I mean people are allowed their own opinions, but keep to yourself! thats just sooo wrong, wow. I dont think I could talk to my MIL if she had said that. You are a saint!!

Flying: waiting for pictures from successful bump shoot :)

Sheryl: I don't understand how an instructor can ask you to leave the group just because you don't participate much...some people are shy or would rather learn by observing and listening to others. I don't know if you can take this issue to higher authorities. Sounds like what she did is against basic rights of humanity :growlmad:

Mummy: Sorry to say this but I don't like your MIL's thinking. Glad that Lottie doesn't have to spend much time with her. This is a modern world and our values teach us to see beyond color, race and nationality. Very few women (like Sheryl) are lucky to have loving and caring in-laws.

Huggles: It's cute that hardly anything in the world is more important than your appreciation for your baby bump :kiss: :thumbup:

Sarah: It is a lame suggestion but can you not put injectable expense on low interest credit card? I also know some credit card provides cash at 0% interest rate (for limited time) but you do have to pay 3% (or so) processing fee. I don't know if you have ever thought of taking advantage of such options. I sincerely hope you get your BFP this cycle and do not have to worry about finances for future treatment. :hugs: How are you feeling? any different?

Preethi: hopefully doctor will give you some special tips to help feed Gemma properly. Just remember you are a first time mom and it takes time to learn being a mommy to newborn. Best wishes to you :hugs:

NDH: how is DH's training going? Praying he gets a decent job soon after...:thumbup:

:hugs: to all and best wishes to everyone :flower:

LOL.. .I'm so glad I'm not the only one...

she couldn't watch a TV program (like X Factor) without complaining that there are too many gay people now.. it's like 'an epidemic' were her words.
She had a whinge that Jews and Muslims have to eat kosher/halaal food and why can't they eat 'normal' food like the rest of us! :dohh: What I don't understand... is that from a NON religious person I can kind of see why they wouldn't understand it... but she's been raised catholic.. in a very strict italian (well Sicilian) family who were supposed to follow their faith to the n'th degree and surely she should understand that Jews and Muslims are just following their faith as they are instructed to. it makes no difference to her what they eat... so just let them be! :shrug: is my view on it...

but yeah.... 2 weeks of that... coupled with her telling me lifting my arms up above my head will end me up on bedrest and whinging at me if I got up to do anything (I'm pregnant... not ill) oh and I got my UTI from hanging up washing outside without shoes on! :thumbup: yep... a medical mystery... but that's apparently how I got it!

And my hubby didn't understand why one night I had a melt down and cried myself to sleep! :rofl:

thanks Dew... I agree completely and Sheryl is indeed very blessed! :D

Oh don't get me wrong... my MIL means to harm to me or our family.. I just can't put up with her views and opinions! I'm not sure many can!

Oh don't get me wrong... my MIL means to harm to me or our family.. I just can't put up with her views and opinions! I'm not sure many can!

I am pretty sure she doesn't mean any harm to you and your family but sometimes MILs have an indirect way of annoying us and it mostly crops up due to difference in opinion on things in general. I think my MIL likes me and is never impolite to me but I would rather stay away from her and maintain our relationship that way.

I am pretty sure she doesn't mean any harm to you and your family but sometimes MILs have an indirect way of annoying us and it mostly crops up due to difference in opinion on things in general. I think my MIL likes me and is never impolite to me but I would rather stay away from her and maintain our relationship that way.

omg this is exactly how I feel! she is nice, I know she loves me, but she is the most annoying woman I have ever met! so I prefer to avoid her, but that brings stress into mine and hubbies relationship as he is really close to his parents. every time he mentions they might come over I get all stressed, its something I was working on in therapy but I cant afford to go right now.

as for credit cards....my cards are all maxed from business expenses :dohh: and the spa just told me they need to order a large order from a supplier meanwhile its been slow. things will be a lot better in january when I get a fairly large amount of money in advance, Im just trying to get things done before then!! it would be lovely to just be pregnant this cycle, but I dont think I would be that lucky. a bfp on my birthday just seems way too unlikely after 18 months of nothing :nope: I am not feeling any symptoms, had the cramps around 4dpo and nothing since. Progesterone has been fine for me....leaks a little bit but nothing too much. Ive been on the treadmill this week and no dizziness....much better than when on the medications.
how are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->