ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

LOL :D

oooh... sounds lovely... you'll have to post a pic for us! Well you don't HAVE to... but it would be lovely to see! I'm sure you've done a fab job! :thumbup:

Oh and I forgot to ask Sarah, did you hear back from clinic about your blood work results. You can call them if they haven't, I do that :)

when you call you just get a machine and they call you back in 24 hours, I actually left them a message last night to ask if I still need to do my beta on saturday as originally asked, Im assuming not seeing as I did one yesterday. but they might ask me to as yesterday would have been very early but assume it would still show a low result if pregnant. So they should call back today with the answer to that and perhaps my beta result. I will be fine if its negative and just happy to know, so I can enjoy my weekend. It wont ruin my birthday as Im feeling excited about IVF. Im pretty sure Im going to skip the next cycle, mainly as it will be nice to have a break but also might as well put the money to IVF. Plus I love the idea I might get some frozen embryos with IVF which I wont have if I get pregnant this month or next month.

dew thought you might find this interesting

https://www.vancouversun.com/health/Supplement+could+pregnancy+older+women/5440917/story.html

how are you feeling? I had a gush of watery CM this morning, and Im pretty sure I get that normally....I usually get around ovulation but I think I may get it before AF??

Actually I have considered taking Q10 couple of times. It's main role is in heart health but I may ask my nurse next time if I can take Q10. Good luck with beta, hope it's good news :thumbup: I have very sensitive nipples and boobs are starting to hurt too. Good thing is I can't really symptom spot during this 2WW because most of the symptoms will be due to such higher dose of prometrium.
Hope one month off is relaxing for you but do remember that preparation for IVF itself takes about 6-8 weeks. That is also kind of time off or just ignore me :dohh:

LOL :D

oooh... sounds lovely... you'll have to post a pic for us! Well you don't HAVE to... but it would be lovely to see! I'm sure you've done a fab job! :thumbup:

I will definitely do that....I am so excited to see how it turns out :happydance:

Hope one month off is relaxing for you but do remember that preparation for IVF itself takes about 6-8 weeks. That is also kind of time off or just ignore me :dohh:

what do you mean preperation for IVF itself takes about 6-8 weeks? I call in on CD1 In November and it will follow my usual cycle....injectables for about 2 weeks, ER and then ET, so it will all be done in a month :thumbup: theres a longer protocol too, but thats not what Im doing.

what do you mean preperation for IVF itself takes about 6-8 weeks? I call in on CD1 In November and it will follow my usual cycle....injectables for about 2 weeks, ER and then ET, so it will all be done in a month :thumbup: theres a longer protocol too, but thats not what Im doing.

Sarah: I may be wrong and I really have little knowledge about short and long protocol but D2 (the other FS we didn't choose) mentioned that IVF prep takes 6-8 weeks. I think they put you on birth control pills initially and then various other drugs such as Lupron to deplete your body of certain hormones and once all that is done, they start fresh with a specific cocktail of hormones. So all this takes time. (actually this is my perception of what very little I have heard or read about IVF, I admit I haven't really gone into the details of it since I wanted to focus on IUI).

On the following link go all the way down to read PCOSMomtobe's FET protocol...

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/680907-iui-ivf-august-september-october-156.html

Sorry if I am confusing you because I don't mean to :nope:

Sarah: I may be wrong and I really have little knowledge about short and long protocol but D2 (the other FS we didn't choose) mentioned that IVF prep takes 6-8 weeks. I think they put you on birth control pills initially and then various other drugs such as Lupron to deplete your body of certain hormones and once all that is done, they start fresh with a specific cocktail of hormones. So all this takes time. (actually this is my perception of what very little I have heard or read about IVF, I admit I haven't really gone into the details of it since I wanted to focus on IUI).

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/680907-iui-ivf-august-september-october-156.html

yes thats the long protocol which I wont be doing....Ive heard they dont do that for older women, not sure if its true. I dont need to go on bill control or anything, I just start CD1. LL was on the shorter protocol too. FS said there wasnt even a need for me to have a month off before, meaning I could do the Gonal-F in October and still start IVF CD1 in November, but I like the idea of a break. hope my cycle behaves if I take a break.

yes thats the long protocol which I wont be doing....Ive heard they dont do that for older women, not sure if its true. I dont need to go on bill control or anything, I just start CD1. LL was on the shorter protocol too. FS said there wasnt even a need for me to have a month off before, meaning I could do the Gonal-F in October and still start IVF CD1 in November, but I like the idea of a break. hope my cycle behaves if I take a break.

Got it! thanks for clarifying. A break before IVF sounds good to me :) Still waiting to hear about your beta results, although it might be too early to show on beta too.

not sure if they will phone today with betas or not, but I will post as soon as they do!!

dew I have a fertility thread in the over 35 folder, not sure if you want to join in there. theres loads of girls going for IVF and a couple doing IUI right now. you might not want to, but just a suggestion :flower:

not sure if they will phone today with betas or not, but I will post as soon as they do!!

dew I have a fertility thread in the over 35 folder, not sure if you want to join in there. theres loads of girls going for IVF and a couple doing IUI right now. you might not want to, but just a suggestion :flower:

:) i know about that thread :winkwink: I sneak around a lot on BnB but I am happy to be communicating on this thread. I can't really catch up on more than this. Once in a while if I have a Q I start a new thread but not good at keeping it active. You all are my biggest support and am thankful for that :hugs: When I am moving to IVF, I will start focusing on IVF related posts/threads.

I am done with LION figurine except its mane which I will do tomorrow when I make frosting. Now working on elephant :)

you are so talented!! cant wait to see a photo

so the beta is negative, but as I have been convinced of that Im ok with it and glad to know before my bday. I dont have to do another beta on the weekend, unless my period doesnt come by monday then I should do one (just incase this was too early for my beta, but I doubt that)

so if my period comes on the weekend at least I have fair warning, so it wont ruin my bday.

oh and she told me what the FS wrote for my IVF cycle:

Gonal F - 300 per day
Repronex 75
Ganirelix from about CD7-8
:thumbup:

so the beta is negative, but as I have been convinced of that Im ok with it and glad to know before my bday. I dont have to do another beta on the weekend, unless my period doesnt come by monday then I should do one (just incase this was too early for my beta, but I doubt that)

so if my period comes on the weekend at least I have fair warning, so it wont ruin my bday.

Gonal F - 300 per day
Repronex 75

:cry: what dpiui was it? I think it could be too early. I know you must be hurt but I like your positive approach towards it. :hugs: I hope AF doesn't come on your b'day and I still hope for a miracle BFP :thumbup:

Your IVF protocol doesn't sound intimidating at all unlike PCOSmomtoone's. Hoping for best [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Gonal F - 300 per day
Repronex 75

:cry: what dpiui was it? I think it could be too early. I know you must be hurt but I like your positive approach towards it. :hugs: I hope AF doesn't come on your b'day and I still hope for a miracle BFP :thumbup:

Your IVF protocol doesn't sound intimidating at all unlike PCOSmomtoone's. Hoping for best [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

theres always a dissappointment, but when I convince myself Im not pregnant I find its not too bad. last month I was temping and testing, and had the longer lp and was devestated. never again! it could be too early (was 11dpo), but I doubt it so going to take it as negative.

there may be more to my IVF, but thats what she told me. I felt sick on 75iu of gonal f so 300 will be horrible! I must plan on doing nothing those 2 weeks...my mum will be here so I will finally tell her our TTC story (havent told her anything as was hoping to surprise her with a BFP)

theres always a dissappointment, but when I convince myself Im not pregnant I find its not too bad. last month I was temping and testing, and had the longer lp and was devestated. never again! it could be too early (was 11dpo), but I doubt it so going to take it as negative.

there may be more to my IVF, but thats what she told me. I felt sick on 75iu of gonal f so 300 will be horrible! I must plan on doing nothing those 2 weeks...my mum will be here so I will finally tell her our TTC story (havent told her anything as was hoping to surprise her with a BFP)

Sarah: I'll be in the same place in about a week but don't want to think about it so soon and stress myself. It will be tough telling your TTC story to mom, might get emotional, prepare yourself well for that.
11dpo might be early but it is better to get yourself ready for AF. :(

Nurse asked me if I would like her to personally call me to tell beta result or leave a message on medvoice system. That time I chose talking to her but the day I go for blood draw, I'll ask her to leave me a message on medvoice as I would hate to hear a pitying voice in case it is BFN :nope: I still very clearly remember face of technician who did U/S on me (in feb) and told us she couldn't find a heartbeat...I wish so much I could erase that memory from my head forever.

Sarah: I'll be in the same place in about a week but don't want to think about it so soon and stress myself. It will be tough telling your TTC story to mom, might get emotional, prepare yourself well for that.
11dpo might be early but it is better to get yourself ready for AF. :(

Nurse asked me if I would like her to personally call me to tell beta result or leave a message on medvoice system. That time I chose talking to her but the day I go for blood draw, I'll ask her to leave me a message on medvoice as I would hate to hear a pitying voice in case it is BFN :nope: I still very clearly remember face of technician who did U/S on me (in feb) and told us she couldn't find a heartbeat...I wish so much I could erase that memory from my head forever.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
I cant imagine :cry:
last month when I got the voicemail she was actually very nice about it, said she was sorry a few times but didnt sound too pitying. it must be so hard for them doing that every day.

its so weird, until I started considering pregnancy in 2010 I had no clue about all of this, was blissfully unaware. I wish I could get back there. Even though this forum has been great to make online friends and share journeys Ive also read about things that have have skewed my vision of pregnancy.

oh I asked about the amh and she said they are looking for a score of about 10. the scores I found online were

High (often PCOS) Over 3.0 ng/ml
Normal Over 1.0 ng/ml
Low Normal Range 0.7 - 0.9 ng/ml
Low 0.3 - 0.6 ng/ml
Very Low Less than 0.3 ng/ml

0-2.2 = Very low
2.2-15.7 = Low
15-28 = Satisfactory
28-48 = Optimum

so it must be the below measurement, but that seems to want 15 or more.
what was yours again?

Sarah, I think mine was 0.96 ng/ml, oh it's in my signature :)
when you talk to your nurse next, could you also ask her units of measurement for your estrogen levels.

Sarah, I think mine was 0.96 ng/ml, oh it's in my signature :)
when you talk to your nurse next, could you also ask her units of measurement for your estrogen levels.

I will try and remember but I may not be talking to them for over a month now! ooooh what a nice thought. I seem to remember telling you I had 150 estrogen and you were saying your clinic wants lower?

so Normal Over 1.0 ng/ml must equal the '10' they are taking about.

Im excited at the thought of ivf and seeing how many eggs fertilize etc. What if my only problem is the sperm is not cracking the hard shell, and this will be fixed with IVF. It will be hard if IVF shows things to be not so good, like if all embryos fail or something. But at least it would be something for me to understand, I hate this 'unexplained' thing.

Im really excited about the thought of perhaps having some to freeze and then being able to have another child in my early 40's without worrying about my eggs. If I did 1 IVF cycle and it failed but I had some frozen I would leave them frozen (wouldnt use the frozen even though its way cheaper) and do a whole new IVF cycle and hope to get even more frozen. The cost to unfreeze and transfer is a lot less.

dew do you feel different this 2WW because of the IUI, as in more hopeful or more stressed? I remember feeling hopeful my first one, but luckily I had my vegas trip and so it helped me forget. I find the first of any treatment Im the most hopeful, with the IUI I was thinking perhaps it was just my cervical mucous that was the problem and it could be easily fixed. Now Im not so enthused so thats why Im probably skipping a month. Now when I read of people getting pregnant on just clomid with intercourse it blows my mind, let alone the people who get it naturally.

Can someone suggest a middle name for Kristin Behr that isn't as ridiculously popular as Isabella?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->